Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Imagine if Dignitas drop MSL and pick up karrigan. :allears:

They'll suck more because karrigan is dead weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

They'll suck more because karrigan is dead weight.
He isn't possibly worse than MSL. Come on now.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Friberg remembered how to play cs! :sweden:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/NWDeKay/status/788105046995021825

...Even better!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Kio... is still the problem?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

They have a bunch of talented players but do badly so at some point they have to start pointing fingers

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nevermind that Kio was the sole consistent player when they were slumping.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
What

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Slumping? Does that mean playing really well?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

canoshiz posted:

Kio... is still the problem?

Famethrowa posted:

https://twitter.com/NWDeKay/status/788124767157006336

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Karriagan to FaZe, Kio to the dumpster. I like it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I like it because it turns Faze into an entirely nordic team, which is superior for obvious reasons

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What is the right way to move while fighting someone? Just strafe, pause, shoot? I had been strafing, crouching, shooting, but that seems to be bad based on the OP. I've mostly only played arena shooters with no recoil or spread, so I'm used to just wildly spamming ADADADAD.

Also this 2 win comp limit is super lame :(

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fusion Restaurant posted:

What is the right way to move while fighting someone? Just strafe, pause, shoot? I had been strafing, crouching, shooting, but that seems to be bad based on the OP. I've mostly only played arena shooters with no recoil or spread, so I'm used to just wildly spamming ADADADAD.

ADADAD is the correct call, but yeah, don't crouch. I still do it sometimes just because that was the correct way to play in the older games and old habits die hard. It's just a matter of practicing over and over again until you can get a feeling for the timing of ADAD plus having your recoil reset.

However, one thing that is smarter than learning how to ADAD is to know when to retreat and regroup. Trying to force fights never ends well.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 18, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I like crouching if I happen upon an AWP or a shotgun at close range. If you can make them miss their shot you've got a much better chance at killing them before they can cycle again.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Fusion Restaurant posted:

The two win cooldown is annoying, but after your first 10 wins you won't ever have to think about it again, so just grin and bear it.

As for movement, it is bad to ALWAYS crouch when firing because it makes you a completely stationary target that is very easy to dome, but there are still a lot of benefits to crouching in terms of accuracy and spray control (like having full accuracy while crouched, even when moving), so while you shouldn't make a bad habit of it, you definitely don't want to take it out of your toolbox.

ADADing is a thing in cs too, but not the way you'd use it in a game like battlefield or cod. In cs you have full accuracy when your movement speed is 0, so what you want to do when ADADing is counterstrafe to kill your momentum exactly when you want to fire, strafe, counterstrafe, fire, rinse and repeat.
This also works when you want to, say, peek a corner where you know an enemy is hiding. Sure, you can strafe out and let yourself come to a stop normally and have decent accuracy, but for perfect accuracy you'll want to counterstrafe to bring yourself to a complete stop first.

In general, the right way to move when fighting someone is entirely situational, but there's a few things you can keep in mind- like if you round a corner and shoot a burst at a guy and whiff your shots, don't remain stationary (an easy target) and wait for him to respond while your recoil control gets progressively worse as you try to hit him, instead you should consider reseting your recoil (hold your fire) and repositioning (counterstrafe), so that he at least has to reacquire you before he can mow you down. But, as a complete beginner you might initially be better served thinking about holding good angles as a ct and pre-aiming common spots as a t. Also remember that you always have an advantage when peeking to the right- peeking to the left the enemy will often see your shoulder and torso before you can see a single part of them, obviously leaving you at a huge disadvantage.

Also if you have any specific questions, ask! CS has a lot going on and it can be pretty tuff to wrap your head around it at first when you're coming from other shooters.

e: here's a video from when I was a cs go babby that illustrates how much of an advantage the right-side camera placement gives you when peeking. Thinking your camera is centered will get you killed a whole lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-lX9AvJsU

fennesz posted:

I like crouching if I happen upon an AWP or a shotgun at close range. If you can make them miss their shot you've got a much better chance at killing them before they can cycle again.

Aside from just peppering it in here and there when it feels right, I'll crouch if I have the drop on someone and they won't be able to respond anyway or if I'm going for a long spray after missing my initial shots. Strafing into a crouch can be a good way to dodge return fire while you blast them

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 18, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: here's a video from when I was a cs go babby that illustrates how much of an advantage the right-side camera placement gives you when peeking. Thinking your camera is centered will get you killed a whole lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-lX9AvJsU

By that logic, does this mean that if I switch my in-game weapon handedness to left that the camera will adjust accordingly so that I have left-side camera placement? Because it can't be since that would mean everybody would bind handedness to a button and swap as needed while they play.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Slumpy posted:

Slumping? Does that mean playing really well?

they are doing great at Proleague and ECS but have looked really flat at LAN events. kio is the only one not tilting off the map when they start poorly.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Love Stole the Day posted:

By that logic, does this mean that if I switch my in-game weapon handedness to left that the camera will adjust accordingly so that I have left-side camera placement? Because it can't be since that would mean everybody would bind handedness to a button and swap as needed while they play.

A very rare few people actually do exactly that, but no, changing your weapon position does nothing to change your camera position.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Bohemian Nights posted:

A very rare few people actually do exactly that, but no, changing your weapon position does nothing to change your camera position.

So then what sense does it make to have the camera not centered on your player model?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Game design ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll get used to it.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

they are doing great at Proleague and ECS but have looked really flat at LAN events. kio is the only one not tilting off the map when they start poorly.

I meant because my name is slumpy and im good at video games

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Slumpy posted:

im bad at joaks.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Slumpy posted:

hey slumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember that time I got 25 kills in warmup

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

was it train? I remember that.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Game design ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why did they change it from left to right eye in Go, then? :raise: Seems like that would gently caress with all the map design.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that video has nothing to do with a right eye camera lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dumbass doesnt know how a triangle works

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

trying to jack off posted:

I'm pretty sure it does but feel very free to correct me!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm pretty sure it does but feel very free to correct me!

youre close to the wall which limits your vision more than the guy standing very far away from it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

youre close to the wall which limits your vision more than the guy standing very far away from it

Hmmm

Alright. ur right and i'm wrong, ur handsome and i'm ugly, ur smart and i'm dumb, etc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hmmm

Alright. ur right and i'm wrong, ur handsome and i'm ugly, ur smart and i'm dumb, etc

:discourse:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Eleague Season 2 starts on Friday and I'm gonna be at it! :)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

But if the scenario was mirror flipped, he would probably have seen the guy, and the guy shooting him would have seen less of his body. Both concepts apply here. Just imagine if the camera was centred towards the left side rather than the right and it's extremely obvious how it's relevant here.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Did twitch just die? I was hoping to watch some CS tonight from the Russian LAN

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Smol posted:

Did twitch just die? I was hoping to watch some CS tonight from the Russian LAN

Stream viewing isn't working for me either.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/788407347643375617

Seems like they're working on it. There was a tweet a couple minutes ago saying it was fixed, but we'll see.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Yeah whoever is farther from the corner sees the other person first right? Like right eye camera matters but if there is a big difference in distance that plays a bigger role?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
VP vs SK was the only 2-0 so far at this tournament. Hope they have time for some tiebreakers :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Who can see who first - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8HZqF3cyk