Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I mean if you're gonna go anywhere to sexually harass Chinese women, that seems like a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Away all Goats posted:

Hahaha hows it feel to be hosed by Indians

e: woops I thought this was the Blue Jays Megathread

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I can see a mini-Boxer rebellion happening thanks to Chinagoons. Like, it wouldn't be a good thing in any way, but I would totally understand.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Whiz Palace posted:

I can see a mini-Boxer rebellion happening thanks to Chinagoons. Like, it wouldn't be a good thing in any way, but I would totally understand.

The Boxer Shorts Rebellion.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So did this weirdo go to China specifically to sexually harass Chinese women because :stonk:

that's the main reason why american immigrants go to china

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hogge Wild posted:

that's the main reason why american immigrants go to china

From the sound of most of the stories he's not the one doing the sexual harassing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Outrail posted:

From the sound of most of the stories he's not the one doing the sexual harassing.

I don't know if we read the same stories???

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So did this weirdo go to China specifically to sexually harass Chinese women because :stonk:

The expats in the China mock threads seem to either complain about how the Chinese are subhuman bug creatures with the intelligence of a turnip or brag about how much sex they have with them. Often both at the same time. :irony:

Context: roughly 20 pages of arguing about how the guns in Westworld can kill robots without harming humans.

Craptacular posted:

FWIW simunitions aren't danger-free. Sure, if you get shot in the chest with one you won't die. But you'll get a big welt, and it wouldn't be fun. They don't just go "poof" in a cloud of smoke like what happened to Ed Harris in the first episode. They hurt more than paintballs IMO, and if you got shot in the eye with one or something you'd lose your eye.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

A tiny wizard lives in each bullet.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

The Boxer Shorts Rebellion.

Quoting this because it is a funny quote.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I want a kitchen that's an entirely solid cast of steel with no corners or joints.

NancyPants posted:

We'll shrink you down and put you inside a tuna fish can.

AND

EvilPsych posted:

I have a friend that's a landlord.. He said something to me that has always stuck... "Some people should live in round houses...." I asked him why? His reply: "so they don't poo poo in the corners..."

thespaceinvader posted:

Unless it's a spherical house it still has corners.

Vulture Culture posted:

gee whiz guess i'd better throw out my toroid house and go back to the drawing board

KillHour posted:

No, it has edges. Corners are different.

Samizdata posted:

Not to Hounds of Tindalos, it isn't.

flosofl posted:

I thought they came in through "angles" not "corners"

Samizdata posted:

And also the person under attack had plastered his room into a sphere. Corners ARE angles, man, think about it!

KillHour posted:

But not all angles are corners. A corner is a specific kind of angle.

Samizdata posted:

Angle enough for Hounds.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Guy Mann posted:

The expats in the China mock threads seem to either complain about how the Chinese are subhuman bug creatures with the intelligence of a turnip or brag about how much sex they have with them. Often both at the same time. :irony:

I mean, if subhuman bug creatures are your thing...

I feel like the Chinese-speaking goons in the Chinese language thread are way less creepy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Are you kidding? Feet and buttholes are like the best part.

JiveHonky posted:

especially when im kicking your rear end. :smug:

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

With you're butthole? :shrug:

JiveHonky posted:

no, the foot, my . my foot goes .. gently caress it nevermind

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

should be a stickied thread about Groverhaus in DIY that just says "don't do this".

Someone sum up this Groverhaus thing for me, it sounds hilariously depressing. Not just the highlight reel, don't be afraid to devil in those details!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

him house bad

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
load bearing drywall

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Parrotine posted:

Someone sum up this Groverhaus thing for me, it sounds hilariously depressing. Not just the highlight reel, don't be afraid to devil in those details!

Dude who pretended to be a high rank military officer (he was just a civilian contractor) built his own terrible house and then got himself a home inspector license so he could sign off his own house as legal.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i seem to remember a window installed at just the right height at the bottom of a staircase to be a very violent 3 stooges-esque punchline to anyone unfortunate enough to fall down that particular insulated staircase.

it's a house filled with ernst blofeld-style death traps, if SPECTRE was operating on trump's campaign budget.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My favorite Groverhaus detail I've seen was the approximately 8,000 electrical outlets per room. As in, he couldn't go 3 feet without installing another one. It's the sort of thing that sounds great on paper, but if you think for even a second about how it would work in practice (hint: it involves fire) it becomes funny as hell.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

woah fat bailey bam ba lam
woah fat bailey bam ba lam
fat bailey had a dong bam ba lam
thing sure was long bam ba lam

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dude who pretended to be a high rank military officer (he was just a civilian contractor) built his own terrible house and then got himself a home inspector license so he could sign off his own house as legal.

Ha what the hell, who even thinks of something like that

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Choco1980 posted:

My favorite Groverhaus detail I've seen was the approximately 8,000 electrical outlets per room. As in, he couldn't go 3 feet without installing another one. It's the sort of thing that sounds great on paper, but if you think for even a second about how it would work in practice (hint: it involves fire) it becomes funny as hell.

Explain the fire bit to me. Was the issue that he didn't have fuses or what?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There's a reason why sane home builders don't put a billion outlets in every room. Outlet wiring heats up.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Also it looked like hot poo poo from the outside, and that was before he melted his siding with a grill because it was garbage

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Also he insulated the stairs "to dampen noise" which meant any fire in his labyrinth of outlets could set every floor ablaze

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Also his foundation was so shoddy that it was one reason he became his own home inspector, because he knew it was good enough (he will probably have to move within this upcoming decade because his house will sink)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh, and his stairwell was a murder death trap that, if it hasn't already, will end with a child tripping down a flight of stairs and ending with their head rolling out the inches-long shards that used to be a window

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lookin' good.

I also found this:

Is this real? Did he want to build a fortress? :psyduck:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

System Metternich posted:

Lookin' good.

I also found this:

Is this real? Did he want to build a fortress? :psyduck:

That's osama's compound .jpg with groverhaus photoshopped

Also lmbo at the arch window

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I fell in love this this -

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Parrotine posted:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's a reason why sane home builders don't put a billion outlets in every room. Outlet wiring heats up.

Sure, if you use flimsy lamp cords I guess? I've seen places where a creatively patched section has simply burned off when the same dunce of a patcher later dangled 6300W worth of electric radiators off of it unattended in midwinter. But that's all serial load. I assume (against reason I'm sure) this would be coupled in parallel, so no current would actually go through the extra cabling to the unused sockets. I also assume he would jack in all the appliances into sockets by some means anyway, for example using external power strips, meaning those cables that take the brunt of the load would heat up exactly as much regardless of the number of mounted wall sockets. Am I thinking about this wrong? Am I thinking like grover?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The simple fact that you're open to the opinions of others puts you head and shoulders above Grover from the word go.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Still funny every time.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
This gif somehow just crashed my Chrome, which is eerily fitting.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Sure, if you use flimsy lamp cords I guess? I've seen places where a creatively patched section has simply burned off when the same dunce of a patcher later dangled 6300W worth of electric radiators off of it unattended in midwinter. But that's all serial load. I assume (against reason I'm sure) this would be coupled in parallel, so no current would actually go through the extra cabling to the unused sockets. I also assume he would jack in all the appliances into sockets by some means anyway, for example using external power strips, meaning those cables that take the brunt of the load would heat up exactly as much regardless of the number of mounted wall sockets. Am I thinking about this wrong? Am I thinking like grover?

Post this in DIY and relay back your trip report so i can remotely understand what you're saying

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Posts from the AUG thread about a guy "married" to a MLP plushie:

oldpainless posted:

Sorry my wife's not very talkative. She's a little horse.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

posting that used to get you a ban

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hogge Wild posted:

Muppets are serious business.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Hogge Wild posted:

Talking about groverhaus in general used to get you in trouble. Oh, what enlightened times we are living in now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
*stares into mirror* Grover. Grover. Grover. Grover. Grov- *room goes black, catches on fire, falls through patched-over mine shaft*