Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mega Space Hole would be a good new forums name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any recent games with monster trucks? My three year old loves monster trucks and racing games and I can't find any games made in the last couple years that feature monster trucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Are there any recent games with monster trucks? My three year old loves monster trucks and racing games and I can't find any games made in the last couple years that feature monster trucks.

There was a sort of Micro Machines racer that was free for PS+ a few months ago, IIRC it was a fun Mario Kart clone and I think it had a bunch of nonstandard cars like monster trucks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

beam.ng probably. there's no fail state either, just cool car crushing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Doorknob Slobber posted:

EXCITE TRUCK

I guess it's not actually monster trucks but the game's general demeanor seems to kinda "fit" monster truckin'

sunday sunday sunday

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

EXCITE TRUCK

I guess it's not actually monster trucks but the game's general demeanor seems to kinda "fit" monster truckin'

sunday sunday sunday

I was actually gonna suggest that. They aren't monster trucks, but they do monster truck-style things, like big jumps off dirt ramps.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Didn't Excite Truck come out on the Wii or something?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think it's a Wii exclusive. I don't know if it ever came out on Wii U. I don't know these things.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was just wondering cuz they said "recent".

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
;

Lurdiak posted:

I was just wondering cuz they said "recent".

good point. The answer to the question is "No. There are no recent games featuring monster trucks".

Although, I did see a preview for a movie, which might have been an alcohol induced fever dream, called "Monster Trucks". It was about a literall monster that lived the protagonists's truck bod and replaced his engine and spun the axles with it's tentacles. I'm pretty sure it was a real movie, but what the gently caress how.

Let me find a trailer.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Snak posted:

It was about a literall monster that lived the protagonists's truck bod and replaced his engine and spun the axles with it's tentacles

Sounds like you're going through the early stages of brain death, except that yeah, I saw the trailer too and know exactly what you're talking about.

It looked awful.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Snak posted:

good point. The answer to the question is "No. There are no recent games featuring monster trucks".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfzFFHqLlg

:mad:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Do things that aren't out yet count at "recent?"

I guess it's early access...

"No. There are no recently completed games featuring monster trucks."

edit: Okay that looks really loving cool though. I'll never have a computer that can run it, but it's really impressive...

Snak fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 18, 2016

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if United Front games would be doing better if they had made Sleeping Dogs 2 like everyone wanted instead of whatever Triad Wars was supposed to be

SquareEnix owns the Sleeping Dogs IP, they're the ones who made them do Triad Wars.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Bummed out that there's nothing that is specifically Monster Trucks, but he has apparently settled on euro truck simulator 2

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Bummed out that there's nothing that is specifically Monster Trucks, but he has apparently settled on euro truck simulator 2

Wow, I guess Excite Truck just doesn't exist huh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I received a cash injection from my wonderful grandparents for my birthday, and I thought to myself, "Now I can finally buy a Bloodborne machine!"

But let's be serious: is that game really worth $400? Could someone name, say, three other PS4 exclusives that might give me more confidence in this purchase?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pt

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

I received a cash injection from my wonderful grandparents for my birthday, and I thought to myself, "Now I can finally buy a Bloodborne machine!"

But let's be serious: is that game really worth $400? Could someone name, say, three other PS4 exclusives that might give me more confidence in this purchase?

Exclusive exclusives? No. Do you have a gaming pc or xbox one?

There are lots of good games though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Persona 5

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a decent PC.

When in a console's lifecycle does it become cheap?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
There are gonna be games coming out for it soon like ff15, nier, nioh, last guardian, persona

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

There are gonna be games coming out for it soon like ff15, nier, nioh, last guardian, persona

Nier is getting a PC version though.

DQ builders is also good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bloodborne is the best game I've played in years, but I dunno whether it's worth that much money to anyone. Other good exclusives, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, The Last of Us if you never played it on PS3, Dragon Quest Builders (assuming you don't have a Vita), Alienation and the other Housemarque game I've forgotten the name of, ummmm, Gravity Rush and hopefully 2.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ace Combat is also coming soon..

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The new version of Rez

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I guess Uncharted 4 is the other big one. There's the Last of Us if you haven't played that yet. (And the Uncharted collection) Until Dawn might be a neat halloween game. Persona 5/Yakuza 0 are both out next year if you're into either of those. King of Fighters XIV is still PS4 exclusive I think if you like fighting games. I've been playing a lot of Dragon Quest Builders which is PS4/Vita. Infamous is ok. Crash Bandicoot/FF7 remasters will be out in ????

I get a lot of mileage out of my PS4 since I don't have a good PC so I play all the multiplatform stuff on console

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'll look these games up, thanks

Consoles aren't something you impulse-buy, it turns out

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Andrast posted:

Nier is getting a PC version though.

DQ builders is also good

Whoa I forgot about that its like its too good to be true.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the 1050ti is gonna be $139 so I might get that to replace my radeon 7850, even as a low-end card i feel like it's a good enough upgrade for what's a really cheap price

my 7850 cant even handle the new ding dang DOOM

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Uncharted Collection is great, and Uncharted 4 is a wonderful game that's like 4 hours too long. Killzone Shadow Fall is real good too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Killzone Shadow Fall is real good too.

Nah

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
CJacobs is a cool dude, but he likes some strange games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh yes it is. Especially if you pick it up at your local videogame pawn shop for 12 dollars like I did.

edit

Snak posted:

CJacobs is a cool dude, but he likes some strange games.

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 18, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A friend said the co-op horde mode thing they added is good but I haven't played it

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jay Rust posted:

Those three exclusives are: Bloodborne, Bloodborne, :bloodborne: !!!!!

But being more serious, the PS+ free games are actually pretty rad and you end up building a ginormous library after a while. The Uncharted trilogy and Last of Us remastered are really good too. You could probably save yourself a hundred bucks by skipping the Pro at this point, though it's yet to be seen how much of an improvement that'll be for existing games and the like.

e: Killzone SF is totally worth $12, by the way. So is The Order: 1886, but neither of them is really an "OMG MUST PLAY NOW" kind of experience. Pretty tho.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Has anyone made a good joke about how Uncharted sort of has the word shart in it? I feel like there's potential there.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Briefs' End

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Has anyone made a good joke about how Uncharted sort of has the word shart in it? I feel like there's potential there.

If you say it in a French accent it definitely sounds like Unsharted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Dewgy posted:

You could probably save yourself a hundred bucks by skipping the Pro at this point, though it's yet to be seen how much of an improvement that'll be for existing games and the like.
does anyone know if pro upgrades will improve framerates or something. I'm fine with plain old HD resolution if i could play bloodbourne etc with stable fps.

• Locked thread