Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

RandallODim posted:

The meth recipe already let us know how important salt water is to the Payday gang.

Speaking of this, when will Bain learn to cook meth. Seriously, do some research or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RandallODim posted:

The meth recipe already let us know how important salt water is to the Payday gang.

:sbahj:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Am I the first goon to get the One Down mask? Anyway, it should be more manageable now with the headshot buff simply because guns will be more reliable. Also I am getting reports from Chorse that using stun grenades on One Down is a pro strat.

I believe so. Goongratulations!

Stun grenades are good, yes. And tripmines appear to devastate Bulldozers, so they're actually kind of useful on transports.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Stun grenades are good, yes. And tripmines appear to devastate Bulldozers, so they're actually kind of useful on transports.

imagine the sound of me cackling as one of my tripmines one-hits two 1D dozers at once

because this is a really good point. You're already taking C4 to blitz the stupid trucks, might as well make use of 14 tripmines, right?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What are you dudes using for 1D? Shotguns with Overkill and Frenzerker? Anarchist and ICTV, or Rogue and suit?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
flashbangs are how i controlled big pushes when doing amcar bullshit on 1D - obviously i can't disrupt large swarms of cops with nothing but an AMCAR, but a flashbang will keep things under control long enough for my sentries to handle the situation, or for me to just run the gently caress away. they're actually better than molotovs on most difficulties in practice, since the biggest thing that you use molotovs for is to control a space so you can recharge your armor and reload your weapon. flashbangs allow you to do this twice as often with 6 throws instead of 3 and will control a larger area, albeit for a shorter amount of time.

Dr Cheeto posted:

What are you dudes using for 1D? Shotguns with Overkill and Frenzerker? Anarchist and ICTV, or Rogue and suit?

as far as weapons go, it's basically grenade launcher + crossbow or loving forget about killing things yourself. even the overkill + frenzerker poo poo does not hit the appropriate breakpoints to make the cop bullshit manageable. if you're running that route, you roll jokers and sentries and then your weapon selection barely matters as long as the ammo pickup is good. this is still my experience after the headshot differences in general, just because cops do such extreme damage that unless you ALSO have body expertise it takes too long to acquire and eliminate targets.

as far as defenses go, rogue and suit is objectively better right now; even in the worst case where dodge fails you entirely, you absorb only 1-3 fewer bullets than an armor build (dependent on range) and due to the near-100% accuracy of cops right now those 1-3 bullets equate to some fraction of a second.

in the statistically normal case dodge builds will defend from about half a dozen more bullets than an armor build and you will move farther in the short defense window you have due to not being encumbered.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

ICTV frenzy/berserker/BE/suppressor skills with something like a suppressed M308 + HE pistolbow, or go the utility route and bring an incendiary GL and an explosive GL. MGL-140 and China Lake, or incendiary MGL and HE pistolbow
rogue or ex-pres dodge with a suit and pistols (you need Trigger Happy Ace and you need max crits)

Until the headshot change the other day, shotguns simply weren't good enough to hack it. Now they can be okay if you stack up Overkill and Frenzy - you'll have to be serious about finding one of the squishier goons to get Overkill up before you want to challenge the stupid pool of HP that is a special, but they can work. I'm still not a fan.

speaking of lab rats, remember when headless dozers were super hard to kill - designed to be something you run from? In yet another sign Jules hosed it up, they're now easier to just hose down with damage stacking crits than regular 1D dozers. :rolleyes:

I've been trying heavy crossbow and HE pistolbow (the former for most things, the latter to remove shields) and it works, but your overall ROF is so loving bad and having to run out to recollect bolts can be lethal. On the other hand, for immediately deleting a special like a medic or taser, the heavy is really, really good.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 18, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Coolguye posted:

as far as weapons go, it's basically grenade launcher + crossbow or loving forget about killing things yourself. if you're running that route, you roll jokers and sentries and then your weapon selection barely matters as long as the ammo pickup is good.

as far as defenses go, rogue and suit is objectively better right now; even in the worst case where dodge fails you entirely, you absorb only 1-3 fewer bullets than an armor build (dependent on range) and due to the near-100% accuracy of cops right now those 1-3 bullets equate to some fraction of a second.

in the statistically normal case dodge builds will defend from about half a dozen more bullets than an armor build and you will move farther in the short defense window you have due to not being encumbered.

This is pretty much what I've been running, as well. Even with ICTV+Anarchist/Armorer, your armor is breaking in 2 shots. I tried running Ex-President and Crook for a while, and both performed worse than Rogue (Crook's armor is too low to make a difference and you can't kill fast enough for Ex-Pres to build up a pool). I've been favoring the Light Crossbow for the primary just because the Heavy's reload speed is so drat long.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
my guns go braap braap pew pew

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

ICTV frenzy/berserker/BE/suppressor skills with something like a suppressed M308 + HE pistolbow, or go the utility route and bring an incendiary GL and an explosive GL. MGL-140 and China Lake, or incendiary MGL and HE pistolbow
rogue or ex-pres dodge with a suit and pistols (you need Trigger Happy Ace and you need max crits)

Until the headshot change the other day, shotguns simply weren't good enough to hack it. Now they can be okay if you stack up Overkill and Frenzy - you'll have to be serious about finding one of the squishier goons to get Overkill up before you want to challenge the stupid pool of HP that is a special, but they can work. I'm still not a fan.

but akimbos with damage stacking can really gently caress up a dozer. Remember when headless dozers on lab rats were super hard to kill - designed to be something you run from? In yet another sign Jules hosed it up, they're now easier to just hose down with damage stacking crits than regular 1D dozers. :rolleyes:

I've been trying heavy crossbow and HE pistolbow (the former for most things, the latter to remove shields) and it works, but your overall ROF is so loving bad and having to run out to recollect bolts can be a lethally foolish move. They're still quite good to have around, though, so try them out and see if they work for you better than they did for me.

Shotguns sort of worked pre-headshot buff, but mainly if you also threw on Specialized Killing *and* crits on top of Overkill/Berserker. Yes, it was that stupid. I mean, it's all about comfort really; I made them work pre-headshot buff with just Overkill/Berserker but they were ammo neutral at best; now they're alright honestly. You will want a double shotgun setup, using a higher damage to get the Overkill chain going for the other.

M308 works without suppressor skills, if you are willing to sacrifice points for utility. On a map as rough as Goat Simulator, you want as many people rolling Swansong/Inspire/Stockholm Syndrome as possible. And, specifically for that map, you want someone with Jack of All Trades set up with C4 for day 2 because the difficulty is going to be frontloaded; you will be running low on resources while trying to get goats secured.

Your ideal team composition should at least include 1 or 2 people with HE pistol crossbows, China Puffs or Flamethrowers. RPGs can be useful.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 18, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

mine go pbbbbbbbbtttt

which makes them cock stand-ins because thats what my dick does when i pee

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Am I the first goon to get the One Down mask?

Speaking of which, I still need you to carry me through about 20ish OD loud jobs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Coolguye posted:

mine go pbbbbbbbbtttt

which makes them cock stand-ins because thats what my dick does when i pee

Broke dick piece of poo poo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Shotguns sort of worked pre-headshot buff, but mainly if you also threw on Specialized Killing *and* crits on top of Overkill/Berserker. Yes, it was that stupid.

M308 works without suppressor skills, if you are willing to sacrifice points for utility. On a map as rough as Goat Simulator, you want as many people rolling Swansong/Inspire/Stockholm Syndrome as possible.

They sort of worked, but it was stupid as gently caress dumping twenty Overkill/Frenzy buffed AA12 rounds into a dozer. It was just disgusting how little damage repeated applications of 000 buckshot at point blank did.

I agree about the M308, but if you want maximum killpower that's how to do it. I ran mine unsuppressed because I didn't want to give up Inspire, but I play with someone who regularly gets top kills (and usually not top downs) with a suppressed one.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Broke dick piece of poo poo

:drat:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

They sort of worked, but it was stupid as gently caress dumping twenty Overkill/Frenzy buffed AA12 rounds into a dozer. It was just disgusting how little damage repeated applications of 000 buckshot at point blank did.

Oh no autoshotguns are basically verboten on 1 down. It's pretty dumb. Loco or bust. I suppose you could run the 1014/Predator with enough buffs, but working from Loco damage as the baseline is a good way to go.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Community mask simulator has just been released in beta.

http://pd2weapons.com/masks

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Frenzerker Anarchist in ICTV, suppressed auto M308 and HE pistol xbow.

You want headshots for armor regen through Bullseye, but the autofire skills are really great for an extended mag and being able to wreck cops with bodyshots when they pile up.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

M308 works without suppressor skills, if you are willing to sacrifice points for utility. On a map as rough as Goat Simulator, you want as many people rolling Swansong/Inspire/Stockholm Syndrome as possible. And, specifically for that map, you want someone with Jack of All Trades set up with C4 for day 2 because the difficulty is going to be frontloaded; you will be running low on resources while trying to get goats secured.

Is frenzerker the only weapon skill you'd take with the unsuppressed M308 or do you drop points in high value target or something?

As the long guide cipher I can tell you that crossbows are the only projectile weapons that can benefit from the situational damage bonus skills (e.g. berserker, underdog). Have you guys been stacking those on your straight-up arbalist builds or just relying on surefire ace and crits?

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 18, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqVPAOvCQg

Behind the making of the trailer.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
If you're going crazy trying to identify the music, it's from Star Fox 64 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcDpvf57fA

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

As the long guide cipher I can tell you that crossbows are the only projectile weapons that can benefit from the situational damage bonus skills (e.g. berserker, underdog). Have you guys been stacking those on your straight-up arbalist builds or just relying on surefire ace and crits?

It isn't needed. The crossbows are a total crutch right now - with 1500/4000 for the big ones you can mostly not give a poo poo. You need a little on the Light Crossbow if you want to get tasers/medics into the one-hit bodyshot range, but I believe you can get there with just Underdog. (I've been running mine with Body Expertise because gently caress aiming.)

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

s'a buncha bugs involving implementation of the maps. Similar things have happened before. Word on the street is that the mapmaking system is insanely difficult to use. A big part of why this difficulty didn't have map-specific tweaks like DW, according to Jules, was that "map designers" who actually know how to edit maps, weren't available.

What confuses me is why they did not at least mark them as DW for difficulty purposes. For example, The Golden Grin has half as many cameras on OD as DW, with many being destructible (not that it helps significantly).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

What confuses me is why they did not at least mark them as DW for difficulty purposes. For example, The Golden Grin has half as many cameras on OD as DW, with many being destructible (not that it helps significantly).

I'm really not clear on that either. My suspicion is that for some reason all difficulties of the map are loaded into the same space in the editor simultaneously, making it very difficult to separate out what belongs to each difficulty.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Sykic, I'm sorry I upgraded Sydney too much for this to happen. Dude spawned right on the chair and couldn't move out, not even be downed and got out.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 19, 2016

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Anybody wanna waste spend $55 dollars?

Oh loving Hell.

Malek fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 19, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Listening through the safehouse voice lines- Sydney has an incredible line hitting on Wolf, talking about how she'll help him get revenge on the people who destroyed his company.

edit: Oh god, she calls Jiro "sempai"

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 19, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: Oh god, she calls Jiro "sempai"
I loving TOLD YOU

SHE IS LITERALLY AN ANIME

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Yikes. They're actually more expensive than the replica masks from Overkill's website (€39.99).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Houston, to Hoxton

Chains has promised to take Sokol to a Capitols game.

John Wick can't believe the next season of Game of Thrones is so far off.

Jiro thinks Bain is holding out on him, but that he will find his son soon. He's also wondering if he can catch a big sumo show(thanks watho) in the US.

Dallas similarly worries that Bain should have contacted him by now.

The roulette dealer's name is Tom. Not that you care.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 19, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

I loving TOLD YOU

SHE IS LITERALLY AN ANIME

Hey now, she's only saying that so she can cut people up with a katana. She's an anime dork, not an anime.

New Heister idea: Eleven from Stranger things. Paid in Waffles. Masochist perk deck synergies with Frenzy and Zerker builds, the lower her health, the more brutal her attacks can be. At the lowest health possible, small chance for her to just scream and cause a panic effect in all cops if their heads don't pop like out of Akira. The longer she survives in the state the more likely for it to trigger, but it does have a cooldown after it happens.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 19, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

He's also wondering if he can catch a tv show (I can't tell its name) in the US.

It's the big sumo tournament.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

https://youtu.be/0HZ3COR8688?t=50m8s
Oh man, I don't even know what this is, but I love it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 19, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

https://youtu.be/0HZ3COR8688?t=50m8s
Oh man, I don't even know what this is, but I love it.

Shame all he does in-game is just yell "EH"

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Psion posted:

bring an incendiary GL and an explosive GL. MGL-140 and China Lake

Sweet music to my ears.

shut up blegum posted:

Speaking of this, when will Bain learn to cook meth. Seriously, do some research or something?

*pushes up glasses* Well actually some meth cooking methods do use HCl(aq), HCl(g), and NaOH(s)

Afraid of Audio posted:

Bitches in my crawl space

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Hey now, she's only saying that so she can cut people up with a katana. She's an anime dork, not an anime.

New Heister idea: Eleven from Stranger things. Paid in Waffles. Masochist perk deck synergies with Frenzy and Zerker builds, the lower her health, the more brutal her attacks can be. At the lowest health possible, small chance for her to just scream and cause a panic effect in all cops if their heads don't pop like out of Akira. The longer she survives in the state the more likely for it to trigger, but it does have a cooldown after it happens.

Just make it so her shouts pop the head of the cop instead of intimidating them (with the appropriate cooldown, of course).

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

spit on my clit posted:

Shame all he does in-game is just yell "EH"

Jimmy sometimes locks himself in the bathroom next to bar/casino. Go next to the bathroom door to hear magic happen.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tulip posted:

Sweet music to my ears

It's probably really best to use MGL + HE pistolbow, but :shrug:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Tulip posted:

*pushes up glasses* Well actually some meth cooking methods do use HCl(aq), HCl(g), and NaOH(s)

I was more talking about how he apparently can't read a simple recipe from the internet without stumbling and messing up the ingredients etc. For a guy who can convince cops to set a heister who has just killed ~100 cops free, with his weapons, this seems a bit weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

this is a video game