Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

Wouldn't we already know if that would be the case, since we have the TM data?

I think they only know what moves the TMs are because they know the old move's values in the move index (or however they are stored). All the actual data for moves other than those in the demo were replaced by Pound, which is why we don't know the names/types/effects of the new moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh I just assumed that how we knew was some way to see it in-game, my bad.

In my defense I was mostly just looking for an excuse to unstick the post above mine.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Makes a good point about the lack of fossils this gen. Also I just got around to the demo and I feel like a monster every time i faint a rockruff :(

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hopeandjoy posted:

No bike feels a little weird. Not that I ever used the bike to travel since the Running Shoes were introduced but still.

I think Tauros is supposed to replace the bike (as well as Strength, and Mudsdale replaces Rock Climb, and Stoutland replaces the Itemfinder)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I don't want to a ride a tauros wtf

give me Bouffalant

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Having to soar on Charizard is terrible. Why can't they give us a cool pokemon to fly on instead?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
If you don't wanna zip around on a hovering Magnezone gtfo this thread

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Tauros can gently caress off tbh

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"Tauros is a prime candidiate to get an Alolan form which will greatly improve him." -me, up until yesterday :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

But seriously I hope at some point, even if in future games, we get the choice to use a variety of appropriate Pokemon for this stuff.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

can i just use my bidoof to ride around and surf around on?

edit: nevermind i want to ride a loving durant those things are fast and powerful

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

can i just use my bidoof to ride around and surf around on?

edit: nevermind i want to ride a loving durant those things are fast and powerful

Durant isn't really big enough to ride on. You could maybe stand on one like a skateboard with good balance though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Durant isn't really big enough to ride on. You could maybe stand on one like a skateboard with good balance though.

you know that's exactly what i meant.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have to say I am digging the demo version. Everything just looks so drat slick.

One thing I will complain about is the quality of the writing. I mean, Pokémon has never been Paper Mario, doubly so since Dinsdale left. But it feels really inconsistent here. Normally, everything is perfectly readable if unremarkable. Then you have the dialog from the Team Skull Grunts which is a lot of fun. But then you got Kukui and the Team Skull girl (I forget her name), who both have verbal tics that are not translated well, particularly the former.

EDIT: I kinda want the Treehouse crew, 8-4, anyone remotely competent to kick in Gamefreak's door and show them how it is done. I don't care who shits themselves in rage.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 19, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Unlike Heatmor, Durant is extremely good and cool and my pal

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

I have to say I am digging the demo version. Everything just looks so drat slick.

One thing I will complain about is the quality of the writing. I mean, Pokémon has never been Paper Mario, doubly so since Dinsdale left. But it feels really inconsistent here. Normally, everything is perfectly readable if unremarkable. Then you have the dialog from the Team Skull Grunts which is a lot of fun. But then you got Kukui and the Team Skull girl (I forget her name), who both have verbal tics that are not translated well, particularly the former.

EDIT: I kinda want the Treehouse crew, 8-4, anyone remotely competent to kick in Gamefreak's door and show them how it is done. I don't care who shits themselves in rage.

Grunts will always have the best dialogue in Pokemon games and this will never change.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
So what are the events for each day on the demo? How many are there? The first one I just got with the guy outside the Pokemon Center giving me 10 Pretty Wings (???). I know the next is this guy this woman in the bottom left corner of the main town is waiting for in 4 days but asides that I don't know anything else upcoming. I thought I saw a list of all the demo events posted somewhere on a previous page of this thread.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Unlike Heatmor, Durant is extremely good and cool and my pal

I like Heatmor's design but he's aggressively mediocre.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

welp, Dugtrio made the squad

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Going by Mega-Ampharos I expect it to end up ground/dragon, too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

welp, Dugtrio made the squad

We finally have a second horse for this to make more sense.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

We finally have a second horse for this to make more sense.

a teenage girl probably shouldn't be drawn wearing gyro's belt buckle

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I wonder what GF will do about the fire starters when they get to gen 13 and realize they've run out of zodiac

e: Also I just saw the Alolan dex posted like a gajillion pages ago so sorry if someone else has mentioned it since then, but Bellossom does not seem to be there??? C'mon Game Freak, you literally had one job. The only way you can possibly make up for this is by giving Lilligant Fiery Dance.

Please?

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 19, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Going by Mega-Ampharos I expect it to end up ground/dragon, too.

Alola Dugtrio's typing is confirmed to be Ground/Swedish

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone have a spare Volcanion GameStop code?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Smh at this dude who doesn't know the zodiac is a cycle

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

LAY-ZX posted:

I wonder what GF will do about the fire starters when they get to gen 13 and realize they've run out of zodiac

Cat isn't zodiac is it?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Brother Entropy posted:

a teenage girl probably shouldn't be drawn wearing gyro's belt buckle

Oh just wait till you see Shauna in the Wekapipo outfit. And Professor Sycamore as Hot Pants.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Fellblade posted:

Cat isn't zodiac is it?

Actually I think cat is sorta like a 13th member of the zodiac but there's a tiger on the zodiac

Dabir posted:

Smh at this dude who doesn't know the zodiac is a cycle

Oh, so gen 13 fire starter is just Charizard again. Perfect.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They'll be the remakes of BlazingFireRed and ShittyLeafGreen

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sorry in advance to grass starter lovers.

For your awful taste in fictional monsters for children.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fellblade posted:

Cat isn't zodiac is it?

lost by a whisker.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dabir posted:

Sorry in advance to grass starter lovers.

For your awful taste in fictional monsters for children.

The Grass starters were cool up through gen V (well, just OK in gen II). After that it all went downhill.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Please don't tell me the Koala is just a 1 stage Pokemon. I was really looking forward to having Komala on board.

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
I'm so happy that it seems like scaling EXP gain is back. The pokemon you temporarily catch in the catching trial gain EXP even though your Greninja doesn't, and my level 31 Rockruff just gained more than my level 34 Yungoos in the same battle. (I'm bored as hell, seeing if i can level up this Rockruff for the hell of it) Sorry if that was a revelation made pages ago!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Goodbye HMs

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Andrew_1985 posted:

Please don't tell me the Koala is just a 1 stage Pokemon. I was really looking forward to having Komala on board.

It's immune to status conditions so it has the potential to be really good even as a single stage

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Can Komala just use any move while asleep then?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Also gently caress bicycles, Tauros is the new cool way to travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So I liked the demo and I'm looking forward to the full game but man it really sucks that the framerate tanked so bad on the totem boss for me.