Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

from the bureau of confusing titles:

My [30'sF] mother [60'sM] is offended and claims my partner [29F] children [4M&6F] need to be punished because our daughter said "two moms are better than one"

Call your Moppa

WampaLord posted:

Allow me to play the part of "out of touch old man" here for a moment, but I think we've moved too far towards "No kinkshaming" where now all kinks must be not only accepted, but catered to constantly.

A kink is supposed to just be a thing you do that enhances sex, it shouldn't be a required part of sex and more importantly, it shouldn't affect your non-sex life at all. The Dan Savage attitude of GGG seems to make people want to cater to their partner's kinks all the time or beyond a reasonable level, without getting anything in return.

At least -even though it's running out of control- they acknowledge it's a fetish and not just a kink. Kinks are just preferences or things that spice things up, fetishes are that whole hellish can't get off without it thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

The dad of that goony man child should also start playing videogames all night and embrace sleeping all day on the 'if you can't beat them join them' principle.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

He should challenge that kid to a game of whatever, loser has to leave the house.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I [35 M] feel like I've been taken advantage of by my long distance "friend" [23 F] of 6 years whom I've been crushing on

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Whilst sleeping with your dad I...

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I [35 M] feel like I've been taken advantage of by my long distance "friend" [23 F] of 6 years whom I've been crushing on

this loving guy posted:

We met years ago online and have been in touch ever since. We've met a in person 2 times, both times as friends as she was the one that was in a serious relationship. When we first met we were both single and flirted quite a bit, did the whole phonesex/cam thing, but she got into a really serious relationship, was engaged at one point but that broke off. We always flirted when she was single, but she got into another long term serious relationship.

Whenever she was single we'd start flirting and talking about making plans to be together, but the distance always seemed to get in the way. I would often help her out with things like school, or work/career type advice and help. When she was single I even sent her gifts, things that I wanted to get her as well as things she had mentioned she wanted and even bought her things that she needed like a computer. When we did meet, it was on my dime as well.

So these last few months she broke up with her bf that was a total jerk (as usual) and I kept my distance in terms of pursuing her, but supported her emotionally through the whole thing. I thought she was still getting over it and I did make my feelings known to her.

A few weeks ago, she says she has feelings for another guy. I was totally blindsided as I didn't even know she was talking to another guy.

Yes, I'll admit I was/am being stupid being the "best friend" support that never gets the girl. From what she's told me, he's a jerk and he's going to break her heart again. I honestly gave him the benefit of the doubt like I did the other guys, but based on what she's telling me, he seems like he's just another one of her "types" that she goes for.

So, am I being led on and have I been deceiving myself? Just from typing this out, it seems that I should move on even though I still really care about her and her being happy. cue sappy love song here

────────

tl;dr: Been crushing on long distance friend of over 6 years. She's been through two serious relationships, I've only been dating around. Done many favors for her over the years, which took a lot of money. Am I being taken advantage of?

the first reply posted:

Wait dude when you were 29 you were having webcam sex with a 17 year old? The gently caress is wrong with you?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Help.
I, a middle-aged adult, has been tricked by a teenager into giving her a bunch money.
Was I subjected to a lobotomy at a young age? Am I naturally this dumb and gullable?

Nobody knows.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i read the title first and that first reply was my exact thoughts.

people are hosed up

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Chris Hanson running the long con on this guy

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

There was really no need to post the text there, the title and ages told the whole story perfectly.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I know it's been said but drat that age/gender format they use is irritating and I always have to read back to parse it correctly.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
That last post is like a Manti Te'o story except somehow even worse. How can someone be that pathetic, totally lacking in brains, and intentionally having gross online sex with a 17 year old???

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 19, 2016

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Makes the the dude that Jesused the printer seem like a normal and rational young man.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
posts like that make me miss the nice guys thread

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

My fiance's [44m] ex-wife [40] is trying to ruin my [23f] relationship with him. She's doing outrageous things.

oh no posted:

I don't know what to do anymore. I've been with this man for so long and we are engaged. We are getting married next month, and his ex wife is just not having it.

Basically, my fiance (Mike) was with his ex (Sandra) for 10 years. He said she's bipolar and maybe has some other issues, and it caused him a lot of problems during their 10 years. They only divorced because she was cheating on him for God knows how long.

Me and him met online, and had a long distance relationship for awhile. Mike helped me move in with him after being long distant for 3 years, and I've lived with him since.

Sandra often calls him, and somehow got my number and tries to call me. I've had to block her on all social media because she wouldn't leave me alone. I got all sorts of threats and she told me to stay away from her "husband". She's trying to break us up even though she knows she'll never get Mike back.

She tried to start something a year ago, after we got engaged.. saying that Mike did inappropriate things with Sandra's sisters 2 little girls. (He didn't even have any relationship with them except occasionally seeing them at family events)

He was obviously investigated and was cleared from everything, but it really hurt him because everyone wanted to believe her and turn them all against Mike. He still kinda struggles with this.

She makes up all sorts of lies to try to get him in legal trouble, or at least cause me and him to break up. Once we're married I don't even know what she might do. But Mike and I are absolutely exhausted and don't know what to do.

Any advice?

Tl;dr; fiance's ex wife is trying to break me and him up, we are getting married next month. She's trying to get him in trouble legally and making up lies. I've had it and don't know what to do.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tiny Deer posted:

My fiance's [44m] ex-wife [40] is trying to ruin my [23f] relationship with him. She's doing outrageous things.

dude definitely has a thing for much younger girls the police should re-open the investigation

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
LDR for 3 years, been with him since

how long is "since," I wonder

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I don't know, but this person might be my neighbor. If she used the ex's real name it even matches.

edit: Neighbor appears to be dating someone mid-late 30s, so probably not. But drat so many coincidences, right down to his ex and making stuff up about him.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 19, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CharlestonJew posted:

dude definitely has a thing for much younger girls the police should re-open the investigation

Not just "much younger" but she's literally half his age.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khorne posted:

I don't know, but this person might be my neighbor. If she used the ex's real name it even matches.

:vince:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

you don't want to know

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Not just "much younger" but she's literally half his age.

And has been in a relationship for at least 3 years, probably at least 4 if not longer. So chances are she was in barely legal territory when they met online.

Embittered
Dec 8, 2009
STBX husband [29M] cheated on me [26F] with his best friend [30F]. Left him, just found out I'm pregnant

quote:

We were together for almost 10 yrs married for 2. Found out he cheated right before our wedding with his loving friend. that loving rear end in a top hat would tell me he saw her like a brother when I wasn't comfortable with how close they were being. Yeah so people gently caress their brothers apparently. good to know.

I only found out about it because their mutual friend slipped up. She said "I'm so glad you two worked it out, you two are great together" or some other poo poo of that order.

Imagine my confusion. Turns out she saw her leaving his bedroom naked and confronted them. They said they were drunk and it was a mistake and said they were going to tell me and beg for forgiveness. She thought my husband had told me what happened and that I decided to forgive and work on it.

Had a massive fight with the king of douche land when he got home. He thinks I should forgive him since he married me. What a prize. And the kicker is he didn't even cut contact with this "brother" of his because he doesnt think its a big deal. He know he wont cheat (AGAIN?), isn't that good enough ? NO BUTT FACE IT ISN'T.

I filed for divorce and have left him 3 month ago. He won't leave me the gently caress alone. Hes begging and crying for a second chance. Listed a 1000 different ways he wanted to make it up to me. Claimed he went counseling and he sees he handled our initial conversation badly. He wants counseling. I don't. I dont see a point in wasting my time when he saw no problems with ruining our relationship by putting his dick into his "BROTHER".

Ive been busy being depressed and not really caring for much else. long story short, I'm just over 3 month pregnant. its his baby because I haven't been with anyone else. I don't want my ex in my life. I dont want this baby to be a reason for him to crawl his way back in.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I don't want him to know that this baby is his.
I have two ideas on what I could do

One: Move countries. Most of my family relatives are in Italy. I would have support and family members around me during and after the pregnancy. I'll start a new life there.

two : I stay but I lie to my ex if he ever figures out I'm pregnant that Ive been dating other guys and that the baby isn't his. This won't be too hard since my pregnancy is on the edge and I could have easily had sex with another guy that day and knocked myself up.

Both of these plans are flawed. I know Im going to have to deal with the child wanting to know who his father is. I could remarry and see if the new guy is okay with taking on the father role. Either way I don't want my ex to be involved. I don't want to revolve my life around him. I dont want to deal with custody. I dont want or need his money either so his sperm is basically the only thing in here and he might as well be a sperm donor. He has no issues donating his sperm to his "brother". Im sure he'll be fine.

which plan is better ? Am I insane for wanting this ? I can't exactly ask anyone around me about this since if I do go through with this, I dont want anyone to know who the father is

tl;dr: Ex cheated with his "brother" right before we got married. I left him but Im pregnant. I dont want him in my life

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Seems nobody told that woman about this great new invention called abortion.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think it's too late to abort the 29 year old "brother"fucker

Would you believe person whose family is mostly Italian is Catholic?

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Naerasa posted:

Seems nobody told that woman about this great new invention called abortion.

Her family being from Italy says all we need to.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gaunab posted:

Welcome to the republican party

lol if you think the people abusing their property weren't republicans, as well as the local police and probably everyone else in that town you are sadly very wrong

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Play posted:

lol if you think the people abusing their property weren't republicans, as well as the local police and probably everyone else in that town you are sadly very wrong
I know you're just responding but... let's not worry about it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I [23F] was slapped and pushed by my BF [25M], but my parents are pressuring me to go back to him and not press charges.

Yeah, title kinda sums it up. [Edit: post was removed because I forgot the relationship's duration. Whoops. We've been together for a year, to clarify.]

I always knew my boyfriend had a couple of temper issues, but the final straw happened a week ago. I was considering going back to university, and he wasn't happy with that. We were drinking when he brought it up again. I was only a little tipsy (I don't like drinking too much because I hate getting nauseous and don't want to risk it) but he was pretty shitfaced).

He said he hated the idea of me going back to uni, because I was a stressed-out wreck when I did it years ago. When I insisted that this is what I wanted to do and this really wasn't his call, he snapped and backhanded me across the face. I was sort of shocked, called him a 'fucker', and he shoved me hard enough to knock me off my feet. I left the flat and haven't seen him since.

So. I'm definitely breaking up with him. Screw that. I did love him, but I'd be more broken up about leaving him if it wasn't for the fact that he goddam assaulted me.

Unfortunately, my parents are talking about "smoothing it all over" and getting me back with him. We've known him and his family for a while, and BF and I were childhood friends. My parents were always sort of nudging us together and were estatic when he and I started dating.

This isn't really 'nudging' this time, though. They're actively bugging me to apologise about upsetting him and talk it out to reach some kind of resolution. And no, I'm not doing that, not ever. He shoved me so hard that I hit my head and shoulders on the opposite wall. My cheekbone still looks horrendous. So, no, I'm not risking going out with a violent dickwad. I don't care if he was drunk. I've known plenty of people who drink excessively and they've never attacked anyone.

I've gotten some texts with him apologising. I blocked him on facebook and other forms of media. I fully intend to cut him off. I'm not letting my parents change my mind on that.

However, I was wondering if I should press charges. I have no proof but my own word that he attacked me, and it might be more trouble (or money) than it's worth to pursue this. Not to mention my parents would kick up an even bigger fuss.

But goddam. I have no idea what to think of my parents. They were always sort of shallow and overbearing, but I'm genuinely rethinking our relationship. It's almost as if they don't seem to care that he freaking hit me, and want me to go back with him just because it would suit our social circle better if we swept this under the rug.

Honestly, the way they're acting makes me want to reconsider being this close to them. The fact that they don't seem to care hurts. The fact that they're so willing to forgive the rear end that attacked me hurts. I don't know if I should cut them off, too. They're relentless about trying to convince me to do what they want. Every time I flat refuse and change the subject, they just keep talking about it.

Tl;Dr: (Soon to be ex) Boyfriend drunkenly assaulted me, my parents are being dickwads and bugging me to forgive and forget. Should I consider cutting off my parents too, if they continue to push this?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
gently caress her parents, gently caress her boyfriend, but drat is it nice to see someone with that much self respect.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren: and :sever:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tiny Deer posted:

uh

can someone explain to me how a 40-year-old woman can have multiple sisters who are so underage they can be described by a 23-year-old as "little girls"

like, even if she had a Mormon teen mom who birthed her at 15, if you waited an additional 30 years for the time-frame to match up, mom would be 45 by then

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

uh

can someone explain to me how a 40-year-old woman can have multiple sisters who are so underage they can be described by a 23-year-old as "little girls"

like, even if she had a Mormon teen mom who birthed her at 15, if you waited an additional 30 years for the time-frame to match up, mom would be 45 by then

I think she meant "Sandra's nieces".

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 19, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
From /r/personalfinance

I am 17 years old: my mother has 5 credit cards under my name and uses my name/SSN for her bills. How will this affect my future? What can I currently do as a minor?

quote:

Hi,
So this all started a couple months ago.

The family switched to a new internet provider after moving. The first provider, Verizon, was in my mother's name. However, after switching providers and reading the very first bill from the second company, Frontier, I noticed that it was addressed to me. After confronting my mother (and calling her out on a lie or two), she finally admitted that she not only used my name, but my SSN and other personal information in the account.

So of course this got me a little suspicious, so I checked my credit score on that website creditkarma (lied about my birth year, but everything else was correct). The website gave me a report which stated that I had 5 credit cards, dating as far back as 2011, under my name along with a credit score of 648. After looking at the names/companies of the card, it is very clear to me that these are my mother's (I have seen them in person), and I have no doubt that this has been her doing.

I also know that years ago (when I was around 7-9 years old), a Verizon account for my family was under MY name and was closed during a bankruptcy in 2008. Not sure any of my other info was there. Not sure if this is important.

My main concern about handing this problem is that I am underage. My preference would be to handle this when I move out at 18 in order to prevent any retaliation from her, but I am scared that things like this are time-sensitive and I have to report this ASAP. Should I bring this problem up today or should I wait? I also would like to know how long it may take to fix this, and how it may affect me in 1-2 years when student loans come into play.
Thank you.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bonzo posted:

From /r/personalfinance

I am 17 years old: my mother has 5 credit cards under my name and uses my name/SSN for her bills. How will this affect my future? What can I currently do as a minor?

On the bright side, she may not have any student loans to worry about!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

From /r/personalfinance

You're hosed, kid. Sorry.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bonzo posted:

From /r/personalfinance

That is seriously hosed up :stare: also I'm pretty sure major jail time, so :sever: her into prison.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

What would Pete do?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Judge Pete: "...I said, hot shot."
:shoots incendiary round into criminal's skull:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bonzo posted:

From /r/personalfinance

This got to be illegal as gently caress, right?