Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I'm just lucky she laughs everything off, or at least accepts it as being stupid. We just finished FMA: Brotherhood, so this is a bit of a step down.

Has anyone counted how many times Yamcha says "Wolf Fang Fist" in the anime? Good loving lord, it's like that's all he can talk about.

Dragonball has way better gags than Brohood did though? :confused: But yeah, Dragonball straight up started as a gag manga and Akira Toriyama was fresh off of Dr. Slump. It gradually becomes more about fighting due to the pressure he gets from just about everyone, but yeah, Battle of the Gods is the way it is because Toriyama loves him some gags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I wonder how old dog-people like Shuu and His Majesty The King live...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's a good thing Toriyama doesn't have a massive ego and could listen to what his editors etc. were suggesting because left to his own devices he produces mostly crap.

If he'd viewed Dragonball as a serious artistic endeavor/passion project and stuck to his guns it would be a largely forgotten piece about the wacky adventure (singular) of a monkey kid.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

...I wonder how old dog-people like Shuu and His Majesty The King live...

I wonder as well. After being deaged, Shu is the only one that's thankful about it, and he pointed out that he needs all the years he can get, implying his life is shorter than average.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wonder as well. After being deaged, Shu is the only one that's thankful about it, and he pointed out that he needs all the years he can get, implying his life is shorter than average.

King Dog seemed to be pretty long-lived though. Survived from well before King Piccolo all the way to the Cell Games.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
You know, it's a good thing that anyone more powerful than Kami doesn't die when they use the mafuba, otherwise this training session would have gotten awkward fast.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

King Dog seemed to be pretty long-lived though. Survived from well before King Piccolo all the way to the Cell Games.

The King is a product of Dragon-based wishing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pyroi posted:

You know, it's a good thing that anyone more powerful than Kami doesn't die when they use the mafuba, otherwise this training session would have gotten awkward fast.

It might depend on power relative to your target.

Goku is stronger than Zamasu by a big margin, he just can't actually kill him.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Korin keeps all the animal people alive indefinitely via senzu beans.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Darko posted:

Gohan with one arm due to him taking a shot without blocking so he could rescue Vegeta still had more power than Super Perfect Cell (and was scared to release it until he got the pep talk). And out of practice one being about equal makes enough sense.
I'm not sure about this, if he really was that much stronger I don't think he'd be that hosed up from a single blast from Super Perfect Cell. Also in that last Kamehameha he literally gave everything he had, since he went straight back to base form rather than SSJ (like after Cell blew himself up). And it's not like we haven't seen weaker people killing stronger ones with ki attacks (Piccolo and Goku vs Raditz and Freeza being scared after getting hit with Kaioken Kamehameha from Goku). Or something.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Oh man I totally forgot about 1-armed gohan. That was a good arc.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Spiritus Nox posted:

he has access to way better healthcare.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I want to believe the Royal Dog Clan, after wishing to rule the world with the Dragon Balls, later found them again a long time ago and wished for immortality on behalf of President Fuhrer King Doggy and he just gets a dyejob every 20 years or so and pretends to be another dog king.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mmkay posted:

I'm not sure about this, if he really was that much stronger I don't think he'd be that hosed up from a single blast from Super Perfect Cell. Also in that last Kamehameha he literally gave everything he had, since he went straight back to base form rather than SSJ (like after Cell blew himself up). And it's not like we haven't seen weaker people killing stronger ones with ki attacks (Piccolo and Goku vs Raditz and Freeza being scared after getting hit with Kaioken Kamehameha from Goku). Or something.

Dragon Ball characters have to actively block stronger techniques from anywhere in the same ballpark of power as them. Gohan was speeding over to protect Vegeta and didn't create a defense for that attack. It's only the movies and Toei's filler stuff where characters can just wade through and ignore attacks from characters a little weaker than them. At the greatest extension of that concept, not blocking and not powered up has Goku being near killed by a laser.

Gohan and Cell were using the same attack as each other against each other. Cell had a slight distraction in which Gohan timed finally releasing all his power.

A BIG part about the Gohan/Cell fight was that Gohan refused to use his max power during the fight because he was scared to blow up the planet by accident. When Goku finally convinced him to do so, his kamehameha overpowered SPC's.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bring back super perfect cell, he was awesome

Why does freeze keep getting appearances

wheres my bugboy

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

wheres my bugboy

cell didn't have a soul so he can't go to hfil and can't be wished back except by the super dragon and zamasu has like 3 years worth of wishes queued up already

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh hey
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-19/dragon-ball-super-to-simulcast-on-crunchyroll-daisuki-animelab/.107853

neato!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Time to get Crunchyroll.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Maybe they wont use the word Human everytime someone says Ningen.

Can't wait to see the episodes 18 hours earlier at least! :v

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Does Crunchyroll offer downloads? I'd like to legally support Super but my internet is kind of poo poo when it comes to video streaming.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Maybe they wont use the word Human everytime someone says Ningen.
Yeah this has been annoying the poo poo out of me.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I've never heard of Crunchyroll. How does it work? I'll have to get yet another streaming subscription for my DBS now?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

wheres my bugboy

What would Cell even do if he came back? Like, they guy didn't even have any motivation at all after becoming perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sweet!

Raxivace posted:

Does Crunchyroll offer downloads? I'd like to legally support Super but my internet is kind of poo poo when it comes to video streaming.

You could always sub, but then download the inevitable rip. Click Super each week when the ep is up for the metrics but still watch it in a means that suits you best. So you're still paying for it and such but still getting it in a viable means for you.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

What would Cell even do if he came back? Like, they guy didn't even have any motivation at all after becoming perfect.

I seem to recall him declaring his intent to destroy the universe simply out of boredom.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spiritus Nox posted:

I seem to recall him declaring his intent to destroy the universe simply out of boredom.

That was just earth. Then he learned that he's a natural suicide bomber, and that he can blow up the afterlife.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Rutibex posted:

He's part Saiyan, so he would probably be ok with just getting a chance to fight everyone again.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moose King posted:

He's part Saiyan, so he would probably be ok with just getting a chance to fight everyone again.

Yeah but he is also part Yamcha, so he will fail.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but he is also part Yamcha, so he will fail.

He's not otherwise by definition he'd be imperfect

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Speaking of Yamcha has he been in Super at all other than the Party?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Kild posted:

Hes rumoured to have a larger role in the new Xenoverse game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rutibex posted:

What would Cell even do if he came back?

raise his children

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Babe Magnet posted:

raise his children

He's 90% bad dads.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cell would rematch gohan and push his poo poo in so hard that he actually gets bummed out and rethinks his evil ways.

Then he'll stand next to the rest of the z-warriors when fights happen and not do anything

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kild posted:

He spectated at the universal tournament.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Vegeta murdered way more people than Cell did, even Majin Buu has a higher kill count

Free my boy Cell

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hello, I bring you fusions.

From Heroes, say hello to Vegeks: Xeno, the Potara Fusion of Xeno Vegeta and Xeno Trunks:

And from Fusions itself, new additions from the Future Trunks arc: EX Trunks and Karoly Black.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raserys posted:

Vegeta murdered way more people than Cell did, even Majin Buu has a higher kill count

Free my boy Cell

majiin buu is an ages old planet killing magic monster, he probably has the highest kill count in the series barring beerus

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super Trunks and Regular Trunks having slightly different hair color cracks me up.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
In real life people's hair color can change as they age. Maybe purple/blue shades are determined by nutrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's a weird concept, but I actually dig how Vegeks looks. His clothes are a little iffy, though. Also, I am glad we finally know what happens when you fuse Trunks with Trunks. I'm sure we were all eager to find that out.

Now where the gently caress is my Vegito/Gogeta fusion.

zelah posted:

In real life people's hair color can change as they age. Maybe purple/blue shades are determined by nutrition.

They retconned his hair in the flashback with Gohan though, his hair is just blue now just because.

• Locked thread