Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Because of COURSE the two fire guys start a fight near a fireworks factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Colson having to go into Dad mode to make the kids settle down and behave.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Phil "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed" Coulson

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Radio! posted:

Phil "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed" Coulson

He's drat good at it as well.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hah Gemma knows.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SIMMONS

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Simmons owns hard.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TARDISman posted:

Simmons owns hard.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
God drat it Coulson. You don't get to make jokes about starting a co-op for former dead people. Bad Coulson. Bad.

And aaahahahaha. Simmons just immediately realizing Ada is an android.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Simmons saw right through her

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm really psyched Simmons was so cool about that

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Simmons immediately realizing was beautiful.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Simmons power hour from top to bottom tonight.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Drag out whether Simmons will find out? Nah, she just knows.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That was the best reaction Simmons could have had to Aida. And Daisy. And the Watchdogs. Episode was a Simmons Own Zone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how they knocked out those Watchdogs in the fireworks store but then oops, they all blew up.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That chain grab and whip was awesome.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spooky like this! posted:

Kind of funny how they knocked out those Watchdogs in the fireworks store but then oops, they all blew up.

omelet, eggs, etc.

God drat I love how everyone on this show acts like a loving adult. (Daisy's emo phase not withstanding) Even when SHIELD/NuSHIELD was at it's worse, they were still acting in reasonable ways you could respect.

Also let's be honest, Daisy is breaking her arms repeatedly because she thinks she deserves it. One of the first ways she tried to control her powers was to internalize it into self-harm. She needs to get some therapy for that it's not cool :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Digital Jedi posted:

That chain grab and whip was awesome.

"...huh! :haw:"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm gonna admit to my eyes just glazing the gently caress over during the vast swaths of ghosty science exposition in this episode, but there were still so many fun/cool/great moments that I still had a ball with it.

Simmons is peerless.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm super disappointed there was no Naked Gun joke outside that fireworks factory

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Simmons has ruled since her time on Maveth. But goddamn she was a badass this episode.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

If the rise of the midnight sons starts up, I will take back everything bad I ever said about this terrible show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm super disappointed there was no Naked Gun joke outside that fireworks factory

There is nothing to see here. Please disperse.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's an odd thing, the explosion of that fireworks store is probably the first time in film and TV where the resultant blast was UNDERSTATED rather than increased for dramatic effect.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Personally just loved at the beginning how Simmons just automatically pulled her gun suspecting shenanigans.

Also, not surprised that Red Skull was after the book. But I appreciated the Whitehall name drop. Season owns, all we need is Cal getting un-TAHITI'd to make this a Best Season Ever.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wonder how much a Shield agent makes, can't be too much since two can barely afford a medium sized apartment together.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I love how everyone screamed 'ghost rider knock-off' at last season's fire chain, and here it ends up being where he gets it from.

Really, this show has just gone insane with what they've been allowed to adapt. If I had said 'Season 4, Quake vs. Ghost Rider' back in 2013, you would've called me high, and you probably would've been right.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Convinced my brother to finish watching season 1, he's now on season 2.

"Nick Blood... now that's a name."

He's totally on board now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

PunkBoy posted:

Crazy Australian that uses explosive balls? James is Junkrat!

It was absolutely intentional. Several of James's lines in this episode were directly taken from Overwatch:
"Stop me if you've heard this one before."
"This bomb's for you!"
"Well that's a fine how-do-you-do."
"It's a perfect night for a little mayhem!"
"I'm on fire! Well, more than usual."

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 19, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Oasx posted:

I wonder how much a Shield agent makes, can't be too much since two can barely afford a medium sized apartment together.

It's probably in like Williamsburg or some other super trendy area. Wait are they in NYC or Washington?

Robbie getting the Chain and totally on his face it's saying "This just feels right".

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

It was absolutely intentional. Several of James's lines in this episode were directly taken from Overwatch:
"Stop me if you've heard this one before."
"This bomb's for you!"
"Well that's a fine how-do-you-do."
"It's a perfect night for a little mayhem!"
"I'm on fire! Well, more than usual."

"Hooley Dooley"

So we had Fitz stabbing people and going hand to hand last week and Simmons pulling a gun and shooting people this week... I think our favourite little science buddies are all grown up :3:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It's probably in like Williamsburg or some other super trendy area. Wait are they in NYC or Washington?

Robbie getting the Chain and totally on his face it's saying "This just feels right".

The stuff this episode with Daisy and Simmons was kind of confusing in regards to where they were. You would assume the apartment was near the SHIELD base given the Fitz and Simmons were going to live there but Daisy had her van there, which means she drove. Which is an issue because her arm was still broken so you wouldn't think she drove across the entire country from LA.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I thought the shield base was in or around LA.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Maxwell Lord posted:

Don't trust her May, she does the D'Dew!

God I miss that show. I would have gladly traded Shield, and all the DC-CW superhero shows for another 5 years of Galavant.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Another good episode. Simmons was great in this one. And the car chase was great, including its conclusion.
Also I loved May's face when she finds out that she died "killed by Radcliffe".

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PunkBoy posted:

Drag out whether Simmons will find out? Nah, she just knows.

When she started the "She's beautiful!" thing I was going 'Oh no, no misunderstanding relationship drama, for fucks sake, please, no misunderstanding relationshi--- oh, awesome, they're totally not doing that."

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

AbstractNapper posted:

Another good episode. Simmons was great in this one. And the car chase was great, including its conclusion.
Also I loved May's face when she finds out that she died "killed by Radcliffe".
Didn't Simmons technically administer the injection? I wonder if May would feel better about that?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Error 404 posted:

I thought the shield base was in or around LA.

They've been taking some geography liberties which is ok. I think they were in Virginia because there's no way that fireworks stand would exist in California. Daisy also says she ran into some watch dogs between episodes on the way to see Simmons so it can be assumed there was at least some heavy travel between leaving LA and seeing Simmons.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bloodychill posted:

They've been taking some geography liberties which is ok. I think they were in Virginia because there's no way that fireworks stand would exist in California.

The base was also close enough for Coulson to have quick access to Washington (though I don't think they've really spelled out how fast Quinnjets go.)

Nice to see they didn't pull some silliness of Daisy being the team's enemy for half a season or more. Same with Robbie.

The more I see of him the more I like him and I hope they find some way for GR to stick around.

• Locked thread