Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Coolguye posted:

this is a video game

Actually this is an internet forum :science: :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The idea I guess is that You're not starting the meth from scratch and you're trying to balance out all the ingredients instead of starting with a clean slate for each individual bag.

So what's the rifle in the Wick pack? I'm honestly not feeling the UMP or that pistol too hard.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 19, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Is there even a decent "fat guy with powerful shotgun" build anymore? I miss having ICTV, drill skills, and a shotgun that belched out an acre of copdeath at a time. From the looks of it that's probably a no.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

I was more talking about how he apparently can't read a simple recipe from the internet without stumbling and messing up the ingredients etc. For a guy who can convince cops to set a heister who has just killed ~100 cops free, with his weapons, this seems a bit weird.

The second part is just that Payday-verse cops are really really stupid. The Safehouse Raid ends with Bain convincing the DC police department that ~600-800 cops went to a routine drug raid, found nothing and all retired to Bermuda immediately afterwards, no they're totally not dead.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

FAUXTON posted:

Is there even a decent "fat guy with powerful shotgun" build anymore? I miss having ICTV, drill skills, and a shotgun that belched out an acre of copdeath at a time. From the looks of it that's probably a no.

Yes. It requires Frenzy/Berserker and a good deal of point optimization but it can be done. I'd post mine if I wasn't phoneposting from work.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
day 2 up, we got throwing knives boyyyyyyyyyys

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
So uh, these weapons kind of suck. I think?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The sniper rifle is the most concealable yet, and the SMG is a more concealable alternative to the Krinkov.

The pistol unfortunately falls into the very crowded mid-damage bracket next to the LEO and Chimano Custom so it's not likely to turn heads. The akimbo version might be nice but it's hard to imagine something usurping the Chimano Custom.

Throwing knives coming in at 6/pack leads me to believe they sit between shuriken and javelins in terms of damage, I don't know who cares though because going either max damage or poison animations seems like the smart choice.

Of course they're all likely suboptimal for 1D :v:

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 19, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

The sniper rifle is the most concealable yet, and the SMG is a more concealable alternative to the Krinkov. The pistol unfortunately falls into the very crowded mid-damage bracket next to the LEO and Chimano Custom so it's not likely to turn heads. Throwing knives coming in at 6/pack leads me to believe they sit between shuriken and javelins in terms of damage, that doesn't seem like a bad place to be.

Where do the throwing axes lie?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

spit on my clit posted:

Where do the throwing axes lie?

They do the same damage as javelins (1100). You can toss them out quicker but they don't fly as far.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 19, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Don't know about the Contractor Pistol. Looks OK? You can Akimbo it so thats nice.

edit: seems like a lot of the SMGs have similar stats so I rescind my previous statement. But at least players have the UMP finally.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 19, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is mostly what I'm getting at. I don't look at any of these weapons and think "man, that'd be good for DW/OD."

The sniper might make for a good low-conceal sharpshooter setup. Well, maybe not good.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

This is mostly what I'm getting at. I don't look at any of these weapons and think "man, that'd be good for DW/OD."

The sniper might make for a good low-conceal sharpshooter setup. Well, maybe not good.

Eh, they may be trying to avoid the power creep issues that resulted after the original DW update - Thanatos, GL40, etc. all introduced immediately after and being all but required for most loud DW heists. IIRC there were a lot of complaints about the new game mode being almost impossible without additional paid DLC. This is a way of avoiding a repeat of that scenario, with the result being a bunch of largely bland weapons that don't do anything new or unique.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The dodge sniper gimmick build is gonna be the new meta, just you wait and see. :colbert:

Also, we still haven't seen the most important part of this DLC: masks and mask materials. Hoping for something that looks good on War Face.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

The dodge sniper gimmick build is gonna be the new meta, just you wait and see. :colbert:

Minigun dodge..might have to disappear after this pack

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

They all suck after the balance update.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Malek posted:

They all suck after the balance update.

Yes, literally all weapons in the game suck. :rolleyes:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
whoosh

when is goat simulator 2? john wick weapon pack is fine n' poo poo but we really need a sequel to the G O T mayhem

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

They do the same damage as javelins (1100). You can toss them out quicker but they don't fly as far.

javelins were boosted to 7500 (wtf) and axes were not in the rebalance. I wish axes were also at 7500 so they'd be something to consider on DW, but neither is your best choice on 1D so whatever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
correction

dodge/crit snipers and javelins

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

javelins were boosted to 7500 (wtf) and axes were not in the rebalance. I wish axes were also at 7500 so they'd be something to consider on DW, but neither is your best choice on 1D so whatever.

Where are shuriken and cards at now? Seemed like cards were still at 40 last I checked.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Play Hydra mutator with max split on a low difficulty. You won't regret it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ada posted:

Play Hydra mutator with max split on a low difficulty. You won't regret it.

Ooh, that sounds like a good time

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Where are shuriken and cards at now? Seemed like cards were still at 40 last I checked.

I dunno, I only use those on stealth where they're OHKs on unalerted enemies anyway.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Do you need to do the Safehouse Raid on OD to get the mask? Doesn't look like there's a separate achievement for that job.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
When's the Evil Dead level so I can take a loving Chainsaw melee that I have to rev up and conserve for ammo? I don't care if you literally rip off DOOM 2016 and make them explode into ammo drops.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Lynx posted:

Do you need to do the Safehouse Raid on OD to get the mask? Doesn't look like there's a separate achievement for that job.

Nope. Safehouse Raid has nothing tied to it except the one trophy you get for finishing it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Probably stupid, but in some respects I wish they would normalized values across all weapons within their types so that people can use the ones they enjoy aesthetically without being locked out of higher difficulties.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lynx posted:

goat heist, on the other hand :shepicide:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Crabtree posted:

When's the Evil Dead level so I can take a loving Chainsaw melee that I have to rev up and conserve for ammo? I don't care if you literally rip off DOOM 2016 and make them explode into ammo drops.

I have suggested this as an alternative to the Saw so many drat times, like come on already. Wilko, make this a reality!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

spit on my clit posted:

Ooh, that sounds like a good time

ok

there will be a video tomorrow on why this was a good idea gone wrong

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Hobold posted:

Probably stupid, but in some respects I wish they would normalized values across all weapons within their types so that people can use the ones they enjoy aesthetically without being locked out of higher difficulties.

Then it's all about ~~animations~~ like melee and that is actually way worse

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
holy gently caress what did they do to melee weapons?

I went from being able to two shot a tan with the katana to hitting him seven times before he died. A blue cop took five strikes on overkill, i've never had a problem with this even without pumping iron or berserker + frenzy

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Hobold posted:

I agree fully.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

I went from being able to two shot a tan with the katana to hitting him seven times before he died. A blue cop took five strikes on overkill, i've never had a problem with this even without pumping iron or berserker + frenzy

Cop health is multiple times higher than it used to be. Melee damage hasn't been adjusted upward, and melee weapons don't benefit from headshot multipliers.

RIP melee. It's just another example of how poorly-conceived Jules's design is.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

watho posted:

I agree fully.

And yeah, I agree with this too, more or less. All weapons in a category should be similarly damaging. There are other ways to differentiate weapons that don't obviously make some weapons better than others, like rate of fire and recoil pattern.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

spit on my clit posted:

Base health has been increased for all cops, so you really need those headshots now. Too bad melee barely has that huh.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Unsurprisingly, melee still works...if you have a bunch of damage bonuses stacked together. I can still ice pick fools fine as long as I have Blood Thirst, Pumping Iron (which did specifically get buffed), and Frenzerker going.

Switching to a build that isn't using all of those makes the katana feel anemic and awful. Maybe I'm also just too used to the ice pick's animations now but the range feels shorter than it should be.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 20, 2016

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Which mods are the stable ones these days? I know hoxhud is a shitheap, but I want to make sure my game isn't gonna crash as soon as someone fires a bullet once I finally dip my toes in Mayhem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pocohud.

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/latest/pocohud3

Install BLT from here as you will need this for other mods.

https://paydaymods.com/download/

Go here to add the new stat trackers that poco currently doesn't handle right now.

http://paydaymods.com/mods/287/additionalpocohudtrackers

If you want to make your LMGs more useful get the LMG steel sights.