Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This could be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I'm really not sure how to parse the reflection.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
WHERE'RE THE SCRATCHES IN THE REFLECTION?!?!?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wasn't there some comic recently that used the phrase "Where are all the mutants?"

Fake edit: I was thinking about Heroes Reborn and "Where are the heroes?" so hopefully Logan will not make me think of that.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Stephan Merchant is a cool pick

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Hat Thoughts posted:

Still think it is a tragedy that he isn't playing Mr. Sinister.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Also glad that the movie surfers are still around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKyiTTYe6CY

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's a baffling choice right up until you see him in the makeup.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
What are the chances Mr. Sinister will have his horizontal banded metal suit and shredded ribbon cape?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Freakazoid_ posted:

What are the chances Mr. Sinister will have his horizontal banded metal suit and shredded ribbon cape?

The next X-Men movie is rumored to have Mr. Sinister and be set in the 90's. Making it the most 90's costume possible is the only choice.

They also need to give Mr. Sinister dozens of pockets and have him skateboard.

They still haven't confirmed that the whole cast is returning or even announced the movie yet though. So, who knows when that will be.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Setting it in the 90's really makes it ripe for the inevitable Deadpool crossover.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Belts, pads, pouches and guns. Throw in metal arms and you got 90s power.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Who's idea was it that when Cable shows up they should shoot the film so his feet are always obscured? I

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Baby Groot is so great.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am glad Rooker is back.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C7W6p5QrO8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All these actors and all I care about is Dave Bautista getting more screen time because god drat he makes Drax amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yeah.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Hype level is rising.

Also, how does Chris Pratt keep getting in better and better shape? He's going to look like a Bautista clone soon.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I mean he went from his flabby Andy Dwyer body to his Guardians 1 body reasonably quickly so it makes sense that having a few years to keep going with that would pay dividends. Hugh Jackman, similarly, looks like a twig in the first X-Men movie compared to how he is in the last couple.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Jackman's transormation is almost unbelievable. He was perfectly ok in the first movie. Now he's carved out of wood. I thought his cardiovascular system was going to jump out of his body and become the main character when he chopped wood in the Wolverine.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hype level is rising.

Also, how does Chris Pratt keep getting in better and better shape?

He stopped drinking beer.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's steroids.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So you want to look like Wolverine eh?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mutant-strength-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout-plan.html

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What's crazy to me is that the character of Wolverine has only been around for 42 years. Hugh Jackman had portrayed him for 16 years - or almost 40% of the time that the character has existed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no way would these millionaires who depend on their looks ever use steroids, especially not hugh jackman, the 48 year old man with the body of a 25 year old super athlete

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's relatively easy as hell to get buff as hell so long as you have the time and money to not have a 9-5, hire a nutritionist(or have Disney hire one for you) and work out twice a day.

Don't get me wrong it takes effort as working out still sucks. But Money from being the star in a marvel movie is pretty good motivation, and time from not having a normal work schedule is great too.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's steroids, but it's also the ability to spend hours a day training, with a team of professionals meticulously planning every rep and every calorie for you. It's not hard to get in great shape in those circumstances.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dexo posted:

It's relatively easy as hell to get buff as hell so long as you have the time and money to not have a 9-5, hire a nutritionist(or have Disney hire one for you) and work out twice a day.

Don't get me wrong it takes effort as working out still sucks. But Money from being the star in a marvel movie is pretty good motivation, and time from not having a normal work schedule is great too.

It's not easy as hell, especially after 30 and double especially after 40. Incidentally Jackman got more fit the older he got

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have any of you concidered the very real possibly that Hugh Jack actually IS Wolverine and his mutant healing powers are now in play?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It might not even be steroids. I've seen someone with a 9-5 lose like ~120 pounds and put on large amount of muscle in 5 or 6 months, without any type of steroid.

Zzulu posted:

It's not easy as hell, especially after 30 and double especially after 40. Incidentally Jackman got more fit the older he got

Oh I was talking Chris Pratt mostly

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I feel like GotG is the Marvel movie that did the best job of doing what all those Marvel movies are trying to do.

It is also the most interesting visually. It had scenes where I was looking at it in the theater and thinking to myself, "I actually like just looking at this image!" I'm trying to think of other Marvel movies like that and am drawing a blank.

As a side note, Chris Pratt is naturally a pretty large person even without workouts/roids/whatever. I have no idea if he's juicing or not, but his appearance doesn't look too ridiculous to be natural either. He didn't turn into a veiny mutant :v: like Jackman or anything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sean10mm posted:

He didn't turn into a veiny mutant :v: like Jackman or anything.

IIRC that's just dehydration before shoots to make the muscles look like they're bulging more than they already are.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Jackman's transormation is almost unbelievable. He was perfectly ok in the first movie. Now he's carved out of wood. I thought his cardiovascular system was going to jump out of his body and become the main character when he chopped wood in the Wolverine.

I maintain that The Prestige would be an even better movie if Bale and Jackman did the movie at their respective buffness peak.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

James Gunn posted on Facebook that the Guardians 2 Sneak Peek is something he and his crew put together and an official full-length trailer is "not too far out."

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Snyderized

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Sir Nose posted:

Snyderized

Not a true Snyderized shot unless there is a 75% cyan filter applied.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

IIRC that's just dehydration before shoots to make the muscles look like they're bulging more than they already are.

It's steroids.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Zzulu posted:

no way would these millionaires who depend on their looks ever use steroids, especially not hugh jackman, the 48 year old man with the body of a 25 year old super athlete

Being anal retentive about nutrition and just doing a good program consistently with good effort can get really great results. If your actual ~J O B~ is to get in shape and you have access to top-shelf chefs and nutritionists and nannies then I can see absolutely see it happening without steroids.

For the rest of us, yeah, you're either going to be happy with less results or juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

James Gunn posted on Facebook that the Guardians 2 Sneak Peek is something he and his crew put together and an official full-length trailer is "not too far out."

I would imagine with Doc Strange in 3 weeks that's as good a time as any to attach a trailer if you've got the footage.

• Locked thread