Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Jerk off in the bourbon glass and hand it to her dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
tonight my girlfriend works late so I get to make whatver I want which means fish because she doesnt like fish. Im going to cook and eat a fish tonight GBS (:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grouper nuggets. :munch:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nooner posted:

tonight my girlfriend works late so I get to make whatver I want which means fish because she doesnt like fish. Im going to cook and eat a fish tonight GBS (:

can i suggest a single sardine?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I bought a dozen eggs and jacked off on em and i'm gonna raise a dozen manchickens because those are good eatin

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A chili recipe. Proper chili, not that wierd poo poo with beans already added.

Ingredients:
-1 pound of ground beef
-1 pound of ground turkey

First off, start by browning the beef in an appropriately sized saucepan.
Once it's light brown, put in the turkey, and get that browned up too.

Once you have both meats browned, turn the heat to low and add the
following:
-1 handful of parsley (optionally two if you have tiny childlike hands)
-Slightly smaller amount of cumin
-Some ground chili pepper (amount varies, but if you like it as spicy as I
do, add as much as you did parsley or cumin!)
-Some garlic (about half as much as cumin)
-A little bit of oregano (only a little bit)

I do not provide exact proportions, as I just eyeball all this stuff.

Anyways, once you have it in, pour enough spring water (or other water, I
use spring water since someone in my family hates tap water) so that you can
ust see it above the bottom pieces of meat-- you don't need to inudate
it. Mix in the spices, put the lid on, and let it simmer 15-20 minutes.

Best eaten on potatoes or in soft shell tortillas with beans, shredded cheese, and optionally, chopped onions, avocados, and tomatoes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

oh man i just ate two plates of greasy chinese food for lunch i feel stuffed like an xmas turkey

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i would do some sinister things to corn bread with that chili recipe

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

whack rear end chili recipe that doesn't have chilis in it

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

if there's one thing I've learned it's that goons don't know jack poo poo about making chili

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

numberoneposter posted:

whack rear end chili recipe that doesn't have chilis in it

idk but he has a pretty good sloppy joe recipe

or with his soft shell taco idea, maybe a sloppy jose

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if there's one thing I've learned it's that goons don't know jack poo poo about making chili

goons are stupid as gently caress

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
well at least he contributed something that seems tasty to the thread. consider doing the same

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yikes, it's getting a little chili in here...

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm a big fan of homemade soups. Whole chickens are dirt cheap and you can just cook one however, carve it up, save the carcus/drippings and then make a crazy good stock from it. I use a pressure cooker for making the stock but it's not really required just speeds it up. Usually I eat the white meat/use it for sandwiches or w/e, but debone the dark meat (use the bones in then stock too) then add it back in after the stock is made. Whatever veggies you want should work, I'd recommend the holy trinity (onion/celery/carrot) as a first try but to be honest plenty of other things like cabbage and brocolli are also great for flavoring. After that all you really need is some extra filler like beans/lentils or potatoes/rice (or any combination of what you have around) and you got a hearty delicious homemade soup that can feed several.

If you're a fan of offal they can go directly in the soup or you could make some gravy for them to eat with your original roast, w/e floats your boat. Most of the time I just use the roast itself as a dirt cheap way to get some nice lunchmeat tho, and like to have the offal in the soup.

This also works with pretty much any bone in meat where you can get enough bone, even ham is solid for making split pea soup out of. If you want you can directly buy soup bones from a lot of grocers too but in my experience they're kind of expensive and why not just get them with the meat (cause bone in meat is usually cheaper anyways).

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 19, 2016

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

EVIL NOONER posted:

well at least he contributed something that seems tasty to the thread. consider doing the same

i'm contributing my rear end in a top hat. dig in, petunia

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

A chili recipe. Proper chili, not that wierd poo poo with beans already added.

Ingredients:
-1 pound of ground beef
-1 pound of ground turkey

First off, start by browning the beef in an appropriately sized saucepan.
Once it's light brown, put in the turkey, and get that browned up too.

Once you have both meats browned, turn the heat to low and add the
following:
-1 handful of parsley (optionally two if you have tiny childlike hands)
-Slightly smaller amount of cumin
-Some ground chili pepper (amount varies, but if you like it as spicy as I
do, add as much as you did parsley or cumin!)
-Some garlic (about half as much as cumin)
-A little bit of oregano (only a little bit)

I do not provide exact proportions, as I just eyeball all this stuff.

Anyways, once you have it in, pour enough spring water (or other water, I
use spring water since someone in my family hates tap water) so that you can
ust see it above the bottom pieces of meat-- you don't need to inudate
it. Mix in the spices, put the lid on, and let it simmer 15-20 minutes.

Best eaten on potatoes or in soft shell tortillas with beans, shredded cheese, and optionally, chopped onions, avocados, and tomatoes.

maybe add some pinto beans & tomato paste?? do it

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
fish soup is good w/some boiled potatoes & fresh dill but it does NOT KEEP well

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
classic

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

myDad posted:

fish soup is good w/some boiled potatoes & fresh dill but it does NOT KEEP well

My gf really likes to make a style of fish soup that's pretty common in taiwan, she'll take a whole fish, cut it into chunks, and just boil that poo poo with some rice wine, seaweed, tofu, green onions, ginger, and a bit of salt. It's pretty yummy but I've never quite gotten used to picking around the small bones as I eat it. You could probably do something similar with fillets but I imagine without the skin/bones it wouldn't make the rich stock which is probably the best part like just refreshing to drink.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Where should I go for dinner tonight?

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

ArbitraryC posted:

My gf really likes to make a style of fish soup that's pretty common in taiwan, she'll take a whole fish, cut it into chunks, and just boil that poo poo with some rice wine, seaweed, tofu, green onions, ginger, and a bit of salt. It's pretty yummy but I've never quite gotten used to picking around the small bones as I eat it. You could probably do something similar with fillets but I imagine without the skin/bones it wouldn't make the rich stock which is probably the best part like just refreshing to drink.

ill have an iced tea

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Quadrapellegiance posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this has piqued my culinary curiosity

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

" experts say" FRANKLINS!!!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Captain Yossarian posted:

home

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Captain Yossarian posted:

get nooners wife to cook you up something apparently shes a little firecracker :grin:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

the british have something called "brown" sauce. maybe try some of that

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm a big fan of homemade soups. Whole chickens are dirt cheap and you can just cook one however, carve it up, save the carcus/drippings and then make a crazy good stock from it. I use a pressure cooker for making the stock but it's not really required just speeds it up. Usually I eat the white meat/use it for sandwiches or w/e, but debone the dark meat (use the bones in then stock too) then add it back in after the stock is made. Whatever veggies you want should work, I'd recommend the holy trinity (onion/celery/carrot) as a first try but to be honest plenty of other things like cabbage and brocolli are also great for flavoring. After that all you really need is some extra filler like beans/lentils or potatoes/rice (or any combination of what you have around) and you got a hearty delicious homemade soup that can feed several.

If you're not big on soup you can just dump in a couple cups of rice (assuming about a quart of broth) and cook it for half an hour to make ridiculously hearty rice pilaf. Growing up I was never a fan of rice dishes (because they mostly came out of a box) but holy poo poo rice cooked in fresh homemade broth is amazing.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i think the only fish i've ever had in a soup has been in chowders

chowder...

is really good guys

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

No thanks dad

numberoneposter posted:

get nooners wife to cook you up something apparently shes a little firecracker :grin:

Heh I might have to do this :grin:

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
they can steal from us no more - pirate songs, the shadow of the elders

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think cream based pasta dishes are under utilized and people seem to be more impressed with them than a typical red sauce that everyone makes. Add in exotic and fancy cheeses and you've definitely got a dish that will impress the ladygoon that you've managed to trap in your basement lair.

4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
8 ounces Gorgonzola
8 ounces Brie
2 or 3 cups cream
One or two bunches of fresh spinach or one or two packages of shredded frozen spinach, depending on how much you like spinach.
Some garlic
Maybe some chicken stock
Whatever the gently caress else you want to throw in there.

Sauté garlic then add flour to make a roux. Then heat up the cream. Then melt the cheese in it. Make sure you're stirring thoroughly and scraping the bottom or the cheese can end up all separating to the bottom and burning. Put in your spinach and stir it in and cook it.

Can leave it as is as a vegetarian dish (or add some coarse chopped portobellos or something). Can add shrimp and scallops and make it a seafood dish. Can add chicken and bacon and make it a chicken and bacon dish. Can add whatever you want, really.

Can leave out some cream and use chicken stock if you like things lighter. Can also add chicken stock to thin it out if it seems like it's too thick.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
nice dude

what kind of pasta would you use

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

scrubs season six posted:

I think cream based pasta dishes are under utilized and people seem to be more impressed with them than a typical red sauce that everyone makes. Add in exotic and fancy cheeses and you've definitely got a dish that will impress the ladygoon that you've managed to trap in your basement lair.

4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
8 ounces Gorgonzola
8 ounces Brie
2 or 3 cups cream
One or two bunches of fresh spinach or one or two packages of shredded frozen spinach, depending on how much you like spinach.
Some garlic
Maybe some chicken stock
Whatever the gently caress else you want to throw in there.

Sauté garlic then add flour to make a roux. Then heat up the cream. Then melt the cheese in it. Make sure you're stirring thoroughly and scraping the bottom or the cheese can end up all separating to the bottom and burning. Put in your spinach and stir it in and cook it.

Can leave it as is as a vegetarian dish (or add some coarse chopped portobellos or something). Can add shrimp and scallops and make it a seafood dish. Can add chicken and bacon and make it a chicken and bacon dish. Can add whatever you want, really.

Can leave out some cream and use chicken stock if you like things lighter. Can also add chicken stock to thin it out if it seems like it's too thick.

thats a good rear end sounding recipe, gonna have to try that tomorrow maybe

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Nooner posted:

thats a good rear end sounding recipe, gonna have to try that tomorrow maybe

just remember no seafood if you want the girl to eat it!!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It has a lot of flavor so I usually use a beefier pasta like penne or tortiglioni so you don't end up with too much sauce to pasta ratio. . You could probably thin it out enough with chicken stock that it'd be okay for a spaghetti or linguini, but I've never really tried it that way and always make it kinda thick.

Be careful when thinning. It's pretty easy to go from too thick to too watery.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EVIL NOONER posted:

just remember no seafood if you want the girl to eat it!!

chicken and EPIC BACCCOOOOOONNN FTWWWW

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
face first!!! WELD!!!

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
nice try, an epic choice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

scrubs season six posted:

It has a lot of flavor so I usually use a beefier pasta like penne or tortiglioni so you don't end up with too much sauce to pasta ratio. . You could probably thin it out enough with chicken stock that it'd be okay for a spaghetti or linguini, but I've never really tried it that way and always make it kinda thick.

Be careful when thinning. It's pretty easy to go from too thick to too watery.

no i think i like where your mind is at w thicker pasta and sauce here

• Locked thread