Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Right on. I'm a Librarian at OMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Let's all listen to those 90s Concilium and related bands with the cool riffs and really cheesy keyboards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLxcVHJoe8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0pzXkvhiV4

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I'm a tax recovery officer, pretty brutal no?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Collecting tax is metal as gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hey folks. I had a question about earplugs. After the most recent metal show I went to, I decided to invest in a pair of them to save my hearing. The only problem is, I've noticed in the past when I've tried earplugs to drown out snoring or whatever that one of my ears always seems to push the earplug back out, regardless of what I do. I don't know if any of you ever had that issue, but any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
How are you putting them in? You're supposed to reach over your head with the opposite hand, pull up and out on the top of the earlobe, put the plug in, and then let go.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
I've had luck with twisting the earplugs into like 1/3 of their original diameter, putting them in, and letting them expand inside the ear.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hey folks. I had a question about earplugs. After the most recent metal show I went to, I decided to invest in a pair of them to save my hearing. The only problem is, I've noticed in the past when I've tried earplugs to drown out snoring or whatever that one of my ears always seems to push the earplug back out, regardless of what I do. I don't know if any of you ever had that issue, but any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I love these. They fit like ear buds and work pretty well. Added bonus, they're basically invisible when in.

https://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Filters-Advanced-Earplugs-White/dp/B00NW1IZ5Q

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Klaaz posted:

I'm a tax recovery officer, pretty brutal no?

That's incredibly metal. You basically pillage a village every day.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

The new Anciients album leaked. It's really good. Thanks again to whoever it was in here that turned me onto these guys.

Now I am just waiting for that new Hail Spirit Noir album to come out.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I realize I'm late to the Blood Incantation train, but goddamn Starspawn is amazing. They put on a great show at CDF, too.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

apokaladle posted:

I realize I'm late to the Blood Incantation train, but goddamn Starspawn is amazing. They put on a great show at CDF, too.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but according to this new ad, North America is getting some Kreator on the Decibel Magazine North American Tour in 2017. I understand a new album is in the works too. Maybe since Dark Descent is on the ad, we'll see Blood Incantation and/or Horrendous on the bill. That would be awesome!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

xzzy posted:

Ignoring for a moment the fact I can't sing or play an instrument, I would be a horrible musician because if I ever made it big I would have way too much fun trolling the poo poo out of my "hardcore" fans. And then I wouldn't sell any albums and I'd be a homeless musician.

I don't know how some of those acts can stick with it for so long. They aren't just a band, they're a brand and they spend their entire career trying to appeal to their market.

Basically I wonder how many times Gene Simmons was backstage getting ready for a show and been like "loving gently caress this stupid loving decision we made."

Just a few weeks ago I was working a KISS show and was on the M&G detail. They actually did a short 6 song acoustic set sans makeup for the 50 or so people, then the line up for pics and signing. P sure Gene felt up every girl in the line during their pics, so maybe that's how he gets his payment? At least during this couple hours they all seemed very gracious and friendly to the fans and me & the couple other guys I was working with. Besides this, they ALSO did pics with the same group of fans in full makeup just before showtime.

No idea how much of that was real vs fake and what misery comes backstage, so

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but according to this new ad, North America is getting some Kreator on the Decibel Magazine North American Tour in 2017. I understand a new album is in the works too. Maybe since Dark Descent is on the ad, we'll see Blood Incantation and/or Horrendous on the bill. That would be awesome!

It feels like Decibel on the whole has pretty decent taste.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Its sucks when you find out about a band and then find out they are disbanded. Just started listening to Agalloch and man they have such great songs. Atmospheric like lots of post metal bands but all the while being super heavy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ulio posted:

Its sucks when you find out about a band and then find out they are disbanded. Just started listening to Agalloch and man they have such great songs. Atmospheric like lots of post metal bands but all the while being super heavy.

I vaguely remember reading something about how most of the dudes from Agalloch are forming a new band, so keep an eye out for that! Also The Morningside is pretty solid and sounds very similar.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

I vaguely remember reading something about how most of the dudes from Agalloch are forming a new band, so keep an eye out for that! Also The Morningside is pretty solid and sounds very similar.

They've formed two different bands actually.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Songs for this debate?

Redrum and Coke fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 20, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

^ A Scream to Express the Hate of a Race, obviously.

A human heart posted:

They've formed two different bands actually.

Even better!

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Non Serviam posted:

Songs for this debate?

Adversarial - Death, Endless Nothing, and the Black Knife of Nihilism seems appropriate

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Non Serviam posted:

Songs for this debate?

Exercises in Futility

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Non Serviam posted:

Songs for this debate?

It Just Gets Worse

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Non Serviam posted:

Songs for this debate?

Anaal Nathrakh - A Firm Foundation Of Unyielding Despair

Alternatively, Anaal Nathrakh - I Wish I Could Vomit Blood On You... ...People

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

Songs for this debate?

Link to Seth Putnam's discography and call it a night

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Ashikan judan posted:

Link to Seth Putnam's discography and call it a night

I have too much time

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

^ A Scream to Express the Hate of a Race, obviously.

Even better!

They have yet to release anything but ya I am excited.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

God drat, there are a lot of neo-nazis on reddit.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The front page of the Internet sure is full of retards

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

God drat, there are a lot of neo-nazis on reddit.

What is this in reference to?

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Blastfest removing Peste Noire from the bill because of pressure from anti-fascist groups. I looked at the comments on a reddit thread about it, I guess I don't know what I expected.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Blastfest removing Peste Noire from the bill because of pressure from anti-fascist groups. I looked at the comments on a reddit thread about it, I guess I don't know what I expected.

Ah, I thought it was literally reddit's front page and that they were being spammed by Pepe trolls or something like that.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Looking at the rest of that line up I'm not really sure why they booked them to start with

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

A human heart posted:

Looking at the rest of that line up I'm not really sure why they booked them to start with

I'm not familiar with that band. Do they have pro fascist songs or something?

Edit http://www.metalinsider.net/festivals/blastfest-cancel-peste-noires-appearance-at-festival-due-to-antifa-pressure

Even the festival doesn't seem happy to cancel them

Redrum and Coke fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 20, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Peste Noire are pretty well known as being nationalistic and right wing although they're not really NS strictly speaking.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

A human heart posted:

Peste Noire are pretty well known as being nationalistic and right wing although they're not really NS strictly speaking.

It's pretty shameful that the antifa do this kind of poo poo though. They try to bully venues and events until they bow down.
Hell, bands like Tyr, Moonsorrow and Skyforger have had the same poo poo done to the them, despite not being NS at all.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

"The problem with people, it's the fact they're super binary, nazi/not a nazi, there's no middle ground."

Is he saying he's only partly nazi? And that's better than being full nazi?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

il_cornuto posted:

"The problem with people, it's the fact they're super binary, nazi/not a nazi, there's no middle ground."

I get that point though. People get called nazis and fascists for the most ridiculous poo poo, so that anybody that (perhaps wrongly) goes against the consensus gets called a Nazi or something similar.
Having said that, I do see that they use some white pride iconography (the skull with the eye patch is from WAR, White Aryan Resistance).

It's this kind of hyperbole that I sincerely see as partly responsible for the rise of Trump. People have heard the media and the left call every right wing candidate "racist", "Nazi" and "totalitarian", so when a really dangerous one showed up people didn't believe the labels. You can only cry wolf so many times..

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

il_cornuto posted:

Yeah I guess I read that in the way that some Americans might argue advocating white supremacist policy doesn't make me one, I'm not in the klan or anything.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

the yeti posted:

Yeah I guess I read that in the way that some Americans might argue advocating white supremacist policy doesn't make me one, I'm not in the klan or anything.

I think his argument is definitely undermined by his passion for Nazi iconography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

It's this kind of hyperbole that I sincerely see as partly responsible for the rise of Trump. People have heard the media and the left call every right wing candidate "racist", "Nazi" and "totalitarian", so when a really dangerous one showed up people didn't believe the labels. You can only cry wolf so many times..

I'm really amused at this idea that the right wing looks to the media and the left to tell them what to think about their own candidates. Like if liberals were more selective in which insane right wingers they called out, the people who are currently really excited about throwing brown people in camps would be like "hmm, perhaps they have a point about this Trump guy!"

Anyway, free speech is messy. I'm not entirely sure that trying to ferret out every musician that once said or wrote something lovely is very worthwhile but hey, people can use whatever criteria they want to decide who give their money to.

Also nazis and nazi apologists really should gently caress off.