Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That looks terrible, just like lonk's characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Scags posted:

If someone from Goon Squad could please yell at an officer for me - I posted an auth thread in the private goonsquad forums yesterday and still need an invite. Thank

Forgot about this last night but just took care of it now!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

That looks terrible, just like lonk's characters

Wow good thing it's Halloween time because ur ded m8

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lonk posted:

New gargoyle skin weapons are poo poo garbage for terrible idiots.

Incorrect.

(at least about the hammer I don't care about the rest)

RATE MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME

Too spooky, or 2spooky?

awoooooooooooooooo

e: within minutes of making this post someone just linked Onus and now I have a new hammer, RIP

the gargoyle hammer fits other alts else I wouldn't have got it so it's not a total waste, but haha goddamn

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 19, 2016

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh poo poo, that hammer is sweet.

Edit:
I mean Onus is, though the gargoyle is too I guess.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

that looks rad as HECK

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

I know they brought back all the weapon skins like greatsaw as a really rare mystic forge thing but did they ever bring back the different skull shoulders like you have there?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

that looks rad as HECK

https://every.morning.i.wake.up.and.open.palmsl.am/

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Anyone else having issues logging in? I downloaded the new files, but when I hit Play, nothing happens. Doesn't seem to be any process launching that I can see.

I guess I should delete the .dat and redownload?

e: rebooting and reinstalling worked

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 19, 2016

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Lonk you need to step up your game

edit:

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/79674-Phospholuminescent-Infusion

:suicide:

Roc fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 19, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Did gw2 change something about its graphics? I'm getting massive frame rate dips yesterday and today.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Something's definitely up. The daily minidungeon, don't touch the shiny, had its gamma levels absolutely wrecked tonight.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

check out my Youtube posted:

I know they brought back all the weapon skins like greatsaw as a really rare mystic forge thing but did they ever bring back the different skull shoulders like you have there?

They haven't as far as I'm aware, I just bought both shoulders and greatsaw off the TP a while back.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

*slowly removes pantaloons*

Sair
May 11, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Something's definitely up. The daily minidungeon, don't touch the shiny, had its gamma levels absolutely wrecked tonight.

It's been like that for a while, hasn't it?

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

:gonk:

Please god tell me you stood right in between them whilst cramming your face full of entire stacks of candy corn.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Does the new infusion basically just turn everyone into slimer

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CLAM DOWN posted:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Sair posted:

It's been like that for a while, hasn't it?

It wasn't the last time I was in there, but that was a few weeks ago.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Yeah so apparently Ele DPS is crazy right now

There are two videos in that guy's post. I only watched a few seconds of each, but here are some funny numbers:

from pretty much just auto attacking: video one showed 52-54k dps (staff), video two was about 50-51k dps (d/wh)

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 19, 2016

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
New Halloween decorations are really nice.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

nickhimself posted:

There are two videos in that guy's post. I only watched a few seconds of each, but here are some funny numbers:

from pretty much just auto attacking: video one showed 52-54k dps (staff), video two was about 50-51k dps (d/wh)

This is a bug, right?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ItBurns posted:

This is a bug, right?

no, they specifically said it was what they did in the patch notes, along with gutting necro

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

at least nobody else got the joke set of patch notes that engineer did

quote:

Flamethrower—Air Blast: The description has been updated to better specify the ability’s function. The burning stacks it applies have been increased from 1 to 2.
Fire Bomb: The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 10% per tick.
Concussion Bomb: Confusion duration has been increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds. The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 20%.
just for perspective, fire bomb on a condi engi does
Damage: 71 (0.2)
Burning (4s): 524 Damage
so yeah wow 10% physical damage buff just amazing it'll do so much more damage now

quote:

Rocket Boots: The initial damage of this ability has been increased by 25%.
yes this is exactly what rocket boots were used for, damage

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

nickhimself posted:

Ah, so THAT's how it works! I was trying to find the bug last night, but I couldn't get it. On a related tangent, condi Tempest build did get a buff this patch, not that it matters since its still lightyears below condi ranger/engi.

BRB, gonna try to organize a 10 Tempest speedclear

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
So why are people saying guardian scepter is good suddenly? I'm not... seeing anything different? I always liked/used it but the latest patch notes are leaving me confused to any real buffs to it other than I noticed it inflicts vulnerability and idk the source because I didnt see it on wiki/patch notes/in my traits.

edit: I bought the teal poly gem and this is what happens to the shadow raven form if you use it. I don't understand the logic of a teal gem turning you bloody red with green eyes but I like it.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 19, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Lonk posted:

So why are people saying guardian scepter is good suddenly? I'm not... seeing anything different? I always liked/used it but the latest patch notes are leaving me confused to any real buffs to it other than I noticed it inflicts vulnerability and idk the source because I didnt see it on wiki/patch notes/in my traits.

edit: I bought the teal poly gem and this is what happens to the shadow raven form if you use it. I don't understand the logic of a teal gem turning you bloody red with green eyes but I like it.

Because people are assuming that the new raid meta is mirror comp (2 mesmer, 2 druid, 2 warrior, 4 dps), and with two mesmers you'll have a lot more alacrity. Thus classes that benefit from alacrity (guard and ele) get better while classes that don't (thief) get worse.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kessel posted:

so yeah wow 10% physical damage buff just amazing it'll do so much more damage now

I use Rocket Boots to Might leap out of fire patches from my flamethrower when enemies close in to melee.
So I'm very happy.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
At least they lowered the spread on engie pistol 2, lol. Still has some spread for reasons.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Lonk posted:

Scepter guard has been good for a while. Scepter/torch is great on large hitboxes, but for smaller hitboxes you want to swap between scepter/torch and sword/torch.

It happened a while back when anet changed scepter and sword. They made every mainhand drop a symbol now for that one trait. It's actually pretty decent.

Go to the qt website and look at the build for it.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Sprite141 posted:

Scepter guard has been good for a while. Scepter/torch is great on large hitboxes, but for smaller hitboxes you want to swap between scepter/torch and sword/torch.

It happened a while back when anet changed scepter and sword. They made every mainhand drop a symbol now for that one trait. It's actually pretty decent.

Go to the qt website and look at the build for it.

Scepter / Sword on Guardian also bring Might and Fury. From what I understand, they are comparable damage assuming you don't interrupt the Sword chain. I'd imagine that will give Guardian a good shot at getting placed into raid groups, while Thief is mostly hosed.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

At least they lowered the spread on engie pistol 2, lol. Still has some spread for reasons.

~*randomness*~

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

This event.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have an unusual request.

I'm doing a presentation on the history of MMO's and I need a shot of a character of every race together, and Lonk I want you to be in it with with your loudest, shiniest character as I'll be using you as an example of customization.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kessel posted:

Also removed daze on gyros for "consistency" lol

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
To be fair, the buffs for every profession in this patch were a joke, not just engi.

Oh boy, a 6% dmg buff to the first two/thirds of mesmer sword auto chain, woooo...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Alteisen posted:

I'm doing a presentation on the history of MMO's and I need a shot of a character of every race together

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ApeHawk posted:

To be fair, the buffs for every profession in this patch were a joke, not just engi.

Oh boy, a 6% dmg buff to the first two/thirds of mesmer sword auto chain, woooo...

Kassad posted:

quote:

Blurred Frenzy: The damage of this ability has been increased by 100% in PvE areas only.
That sure is a buff.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

"blurred frenzy" is actually the name of xera's attack and mesmer didn't get a buff at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
100% of 0 is still 0, but then it's not like anyone expects mesmer to do any damage in PvE anyway.

• Locked thread