Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

vegetables posted:

I think a lot of us in the UK secretly expect Trump will win somehow, not so much because "Brexit!" but because if the US had our demographics he probably would.

If the US was 90% white Trump would be up like 15 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Pigbuster posted:

What's the difference between Trump's "special guests" and the stunt he tried to pull at the last debate? Was that denied specifically because he was trying to get them in as family members?

The thing at the last debate is because he was trying to get them in the box for family members. They were allowed to go sit in the crowd, but Trump wanted to put them sitting basically next to Bill Clinton.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Green, to spite Jill

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yellow is a good choice for a third colour, purple for a fourth. Green must always be reserved for the green party even when they don't have a shot in hell.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Brown on the top and bottom, with a white middle with a little yellow spot.

Great suggestions everyone although I think I'm going with the "draw an egg mcmuffin" one assuming i'm not absolutely plastered by the time they call utah (i will be absolutely plastered)

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Looks like we're getting Hillary the White tonight!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Bill's got some sweet shades on

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Zwabu posted:

Trump debate prep session:

Also, is there no limit to how many guests the candidates can invite? I'd think just immediate family would be reasonable.
Also, secret cam footage of Trump and his surrogates visiting Gulliani's place

https://youtu.be/HK7dDAm3NAk

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Axel Serenity posted:

In unrelated news, apparently 538 now has Missouri as a toss-up in the Senate race with Kander having a 60% chance after the last round of polling.

I can't loving wait for the 8th. :getin:

Kander is a cool dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqOApBLPio

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Why not just adblock it? I've been doing that since the Halloween background.

StrixNebulosa posted:

You can do that?

Seriously, AdBlock can do that? I'm running it already.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm arzying a tiny bit because I think it's possible O'Keefe's latest steaming pile might come up and that's a hard one to talk out of on a debate stage. My dad thinks the famed Clinton body count might come up, but of course I think he might also believe that so y'know.

I don't think Clinton is going to fail horribly and lose the election, but I feel like of all the debates, this is the one where it's most likely she could lose a bit of ground to Trump.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Moatman posted:

Bill's got some sweet shades on

Someone has to keep the legend of Diamond Joe alive in the next presidency

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hillary in 100% white.

Nice.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

vegetables posted:

I think a lot of us in the UK secretly expect Trump will win somehow, not so much because "Brexit!" but because if the US had our demographics he probably would.

I think some of us are hoping it, secretly. If Trump loses, which is looking pretty certain, we're the dumb fuckers who made the worst decision, as a polity, this year. If Trump wins, well, who will give a poo poo about our little corner of the Anglosphere? Brexit will look like some British eccentricity.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Harrow posted:

I'm arzying a tiny bit because I think it's possible O'Keefe's latest steaming pile might come up and that's a hard one to talk out of on a debate stage. My dad thinks the famed Clinton body count might come up, but of course I think he might also believe that so y'know.

I don't think Clinton is going to fail horribly and lose the election, but I feel like of all the debates, this is the one where it's most likely she could lose a bit of ground to Trump.

I don't think even a Fox News person would take James O'Keefe seriously

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

THIS IS IT . . . DON'T GET SCARED .

SARAH IS HERE . . .

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Yeah. I'm definitely voting for him, and that was such a fantastic ad spot. It's just odd to see after our state has started falling deeper and deeper into the red after the past few elections. I miss us being a bellweather.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Epic High Five posted:

If the US was 90% white Trump would be up like 15 points

White men yes. But since he's losing white women by such a large margin it would probably be only 5 points.

The final debate is always the lowest rating and least consequential. The narratives are done, people have made up their minds. Millions of votes have already been cast. It really doesn't matter what happens tonight. That being said Hillary is going to win and Trump will inevitably meltdown over the next week about it just like the last two times.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 20, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Sarah Palin gonna drop some word salad in the spin room after the debate that it puts that Eminem track to shame.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Holy christ this debate format sounds like it's going to be a hot mess. Granted, it's basically a final kowtow to what Trump they were doing already, but that just begs for even more crazy poo poo. :getin:

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Trump is doing a Facebook live cast to end run around the Crooked media.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

White men yes. But since he's losing white women by such a large margin it would probably be only 5 points.

That's true, and he's doing pretty poorly with white men now too, I wonder if she'd still have a lead if this were true?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

After the last debate was a boring letdown, I'll just catch the takes in the morning.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

StrixNebulosa posted:

You can do that?

For Ublock the rule is
code:
||fi.somethingawful.com/images/cspam-donhump.jpg$image

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Frank Luntz has possibly the stupidest group of people for his pre/post-debate talk. They tried extra hard to find undecideds this time, so these people are insane.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I'm always surprised Missouri is so strongly for the Republican presidential candidate these last few cycles but more than willing to elect Democratic governors and senators.

Any Missouri goons have any insight into the current governor's race? What's the campaign felt like out there? I used to be a big fan of Eric Greitens, but his campaign appeals to the Republican base I've seen have really soured me on him. Very strange that both candidates used to be members of the other party.

I live in California now so I want to know about races I used to vote in.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

TheBigAristotle posted:

Honestly, is anyone here still arzying hard? I am not, this debate is going to be a complete poo poo-show, but I'm curious if anyone is willing to admit fear.

I'm arying about the gop retaining the senate and blocking literally everything including cabinet members. I still think wikileaks is going to release something completely made up without time to debunk it though.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
"You guys, you guys, PLEASE, we're not the guys who did the primary debates, we swear"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this man is explaining what social media is

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RichardA posted:

For Ublock the rule is
code:
||fi.somethingawful.com/images/cspam-donhump.jpg$image

Hot drat, thank you! CSPAM, here I come!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Petr posted:

Pussy tape came out just a couple days before the second debate, didn't it?

Trump's reaction and doubling down on how he treated Machado played a big part in digging up the archives for past Trumpisms.

Themagicalgoat posted:

Or maybe why bother? Trump's a piece of poo poo and his campaign is amateur hour. Keep the oppo research and shuffle money around to win the senate and up approval ratings for when Trump isn't there anymore.

Or you just drop all the oppo in the final days of the election to flood Trump and get that immediate spike of anger to hurt him as much as possible in the heat of the moment. :shrug:

Jota posted:

Rudy Giuliani looks like he could die at any moment

Ghouls can't die.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
1 - no debate thread?
2 - best stream? I just pulled up C-SPAN

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
is this the debate thread or

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Haha whatever you think of gun issues, this is a drat good campaign ad. Good job to his team :allears:

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
Profiles in courage: When all the other Trump audience members are booing Hillary, be the one who says, "Boo Earns."

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Iron Lung posted:

1 - no debate thread?
2 - best stream? I just pulled up C-SPAN

cspan or pbs for sure. Youtube might be pretty good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smkyorC5qwc

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So if this supposed "Trump saying the n-word" tape exists, it'll probably drop tomorrow, right?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

emdash posted:

cspan or pbs for sure. Youtube might be pretty good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smkyorC5qwc

Thanks! Can't tell if Cspan is a few seconds ahead or behind that youtube stream. edit: cspan is ahead like 5 seconds if this is important to anyone.

:getin:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this makes UNLV sound lovely

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what's the best place to watch this trainwreck?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

hhhat posted:

is this the debate thread or

Might as well be, is there enough of us masochistic enough to watch this at this point to deserve a dedicated thread? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:sniff:

• Locked thread