Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Polyseme posted:

Tell me what this is so I can make it, or sadly acknowledge to myself that I can't eat that.

Fake edit: That last one is pulled pork mac'n'cheese. Would if I ate pork.

Put brisket in there instead of pulled pork. Fuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Polyseme posted:

I'm making this next time I wander into HT with friends, tipsy, and with a spare $5 in my pocket because this thread is where I get bad ideas. Well, I assume that's terrible macaroni salad on a bad mozz stick on baby spinach on a flour tortilla.

Wow, you made that way more complicated than it needed to be in any possible way.

It's a fish taco.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, you made that way more complicated than it needed to be in any possible way.

It's a fish taco.

Fish stick in a tortilla doesn't make it a fish taco

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eponine posted:

Put brisket in there instead of pulled pork. Fuuuuuuck

Why not both???

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have a lovely cold and won't be able to taste anything for a few days and whatever the gently caress this is looks amazing right now

LogicalFallacy posted:

I think that pun is more off-putting than the thought of drinking pig's milk.

:agreed:

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Polyseme posted:

It's food and it's terrible, but direct all ire at the first can not the rest.

Content edit:

Art direction for Shadowrun is on point.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

This looks just about like the meal I was served at my (former) favorite Mexican restaurant last week on a trip back up to the Midwest. Good god, it was so flavorless I honestly thought I'd done something to break my tastebuds. Having been born and raised in the Bland Belt, I'm no stranger to food that tastes like nothing, but this somehow transcended blandness and entered a sort of ethereal neutral zone of nothingness. I'd take a bite and feel nothing--no temperature, no spice, no flavor, no...nothing. It was like eating room temperature water.

Thanks for listening. Here are some bad Mexican foods for you all to enjoy. Namaste

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

A chimichanga smothered in that hot mustard you get with Chinese takeout?

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

They took all the moisture out of the vegetables and put it into the meat.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I want a mozzy stick in a taco now, gently caress >:(

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

I am like 90% certain I know the restaurant that this is from. Yes it is pulled pork mac n cheese. And yes, it is delicious. All of their food is.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

sweeperbravo posted:

Honestly surprised that Taco Bell hasn't done something like that yet

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

This reminded me of the amazing sandwich I had about 2 weeks ago at Fat Sal's. The Fat Tony. Italian sub with mozz sticks, chicken fingers, fries and marinara on top. :sweatdrop:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Some YMMV AFP:

I would try exactly one bite of the cheese ice cream, and then hate myself forever.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

sirbeefalot posted:

This reminded me of the amazing sandwich I had about 2 weeks ago at Fat Sal's. The Fat Tony. Italian sub with mozz sticks, chicken fingers, fries and marinara on top. :sweatdrop:

I usually get the Fat Mona, every time I'm drunk in LA, I am shameless

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Read this thread before going to bed last night and had dreams about loving up someone's order at the restaurant I work at, and I don't even take orders there. One of my coworkers wanted tacos and they came with a giant side of green peas, which for some reason were served in the baskets we normally use for fries. Then one of our regulars was there and she was hysterical because she ordered her tacos with NO PICKLES and the cooks put pickles on there. I helpfully pointed out that the cooks were probably just really confused because she requested no pickles on an item that doesn't actually come with pickles.

Then I woke up and realized we don't have pickles in the restaurant anyway so what the gently caress.

The tacos kind of looked like this and were totally vile.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pienipple posted:

That looks like "smooth" food. It's heavily processed for people who have problems chewing and eating.

It basically all has the texture of instant mashed potatoes, making it very easy to eat, but it turns out people were happier with it molded to sorta look like food instead of identical scoops.

Stop reminding me of when I was a dietary chef. I busted my rear end to make tasty food within the rules, but, then, to help the "mechanicals", I had to process everything, usually with added cornstarch.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's what I do now, though most of the time I'm out front in the bistro. Rather than the room service line. The saddest things I've seen were pureed french toast, pancakes, pizza, and grilled cheese. The most awful looking are salmon and tuna salad. :gonk:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e - accidental double post.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Speaking of AFP dreams, about a month ago I had a really awful dream in which I had to eat a bunch of raw horse eggs. They were big and brown and leathery, and instead of the normal egg situation they were full of countless small individual yolks rather than one yolk surrounded by the white. They smelled awful, like rancid meat and plastic. Plus they were from male horses, and for that reason they were known as "dearth eggs".

I keep remembering that dream and getting viscerally grossed out to the point of almost physically gagging. Also it's weird that my subconscious mind knew the word "dearth", but pretty much every other aspect of this situation is weirder than that.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
don't read this thread and sleep with melatonin supplements because poo poo gets strange. I hate dreaming about tacos with screaming lamprey mouths as the filling.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Bees on Wheat posted:

Read this thread before going to bed last night and had dreams about loving up someone's order at the restaurant I work at, and I don't even take orders there. One of my coworkers wanted tacos and they came with a giant side of green peas, which for some reason were served in the baskets we normally use for fries. Then one of our regulars was there and she was hysterical because she ordered her tacos with NO PICKLES and the cooks put pickles on there. I helpfully pointed out that the cooks were probably just really confused because she requested no pickles on an item that doesn't actually come with pickles.

Then I woke up and realized we don't have pickles in the restaurant anyway so what the gently caress.

The tacos kind of looked like this and were totally vile.

Ploughman's tacos

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

poop dood posted:

Speaking of AFP dreams, about a month ago I had a really awful dream in which I had to eat a bunch of raw horse eggs. They were big and brown and leathery, and instead of the normal egg situation they were full of countless small individual yolks rather than one yolk surrounded by the white. They smelled awful, like rancid meat and plastic. Plus they were from male horses, and for that reason they were known as "dearth eggs".

I keep remembering that dream and getting viscerally grossed out to the point of almost physically gagging. Also it's weird that my subconscious mind knew the word "dearth", but pretty much every other aspect of this situation is weirder than that.

Jesus Christ lmfao.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

poop dood posted:

Mods rename this guy "dearth eggs"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

poop dood posted:

eat the eggs poop dood

canis minor
May 4, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Does this count as AFP?

There's even a website!

http://www.mister-potato.com/global/

Isn't Pringles shape patented?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

canis minor posted:

Isn't Pringles shape patented?
It looks like their patent covered the molds which would make it difficult for anyone looking to make that shape, if it was before 1989 when the patent expired.

They might have patented an easier way since, but anyone would have been able to make Pringles the original way for nearly 30 years. Sticking them in a can has been similarly up for grabs since 1987.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I'm more impressed that they are the global snack partner of Manchester United

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Some YMMV AFP:

I would try exactly one bite of the cheese ice cream, and then hate myself forever.

It's not as bad as it looks. When you see that orange tint in person, your mind prepares you for cheeto and cheez-wiz flavors, but it's actually sweet, salty, and very heavy. It doesn't taste overwhelmingly cheesy, but you can tell there's cheddar in there.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Happy belated birthday to None Pizza Left Beef

quote:

On October 19th, 2007, the Internet humor blog The Sneeze[1] published an article titled “The Great Pizza Orientation Test,” which featured screenshots of a custom pizza order testing to see if they would properly fulfill his requests (shown below). - Knowyourmeme.com

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finding out I share a birthday with None Pizza, Left Beef, and having more people I know personally acknowledge that than mine is one of the more surreal real world experiences I've ever had.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Oh, I certainly said something when I saw the recipe.

And happy belated birthday, Aces. May your pizzas forever arrive exactly as you ordered them.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

wow that's amazingly unpleasant

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Omit the beans and this is one of the post-divorce dinners my dad would made for my brother and I as kids. :unsmith: Sometimes with a can of tomato paste in there as well.

I make it once or twice a year because I'm disgusting and it brings back memories

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

I ate this a lot as a poor 19 year old. It's just chili, mac and cheese and rotel, it's a latchkey kid classic. During the summer I lived in a tent food like this was very pleasant to eat in the cool evening air.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Finding out I share a birthday with None Pizza, Left Beef, and having more people I know personally acknowledge that than mine is one of the more surreal real world experiences I've ever had.

Same, at least on the sharing a birthday part

Honestly that actually sounds pretty good, even if it is garbage food from a nutritional aspect

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I ate this a lot as a poor 19 year old. It's just chili, mac and cheese and rotel, it's a latchkey kid classic. During the summer I lived in a tent food like this was very pleasant to eat in the cool evening air.

SA has this weird humbling effect. I can read a post like this and think to myself "I remember living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, being fed squirrels that I was told were chicken. I remember later in life staring out the window at the desolate Alaskan wastes while I munched on those cardboard-tasting silver dollar pancakes you get in a huge bag for like three bucks. I remember gagging on Aunt Felicity's Calico Hair Casserole every Thanksgiving. I remember eating a hamburger with chocolate and peanut butter cooked into it. Yet despite all the miserable food experiences I've had, I've never lived in a tent and eaten garbage, and for that, I am thankful"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

SA has this weird humbling effect. I can read a post like this and think to myself "I remember living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, being fed squirrels that I was told were chicken. I remember later in life staring out the window at the desolate Alaskan wastes while I munched on those cardboard-tasting silver dollar pancakes you get in a huge bag for like three bucks. I remember gagging on Aunt Felicity's Calico Hair Casserole every Thanksgiving. I remember eating a hamburger with chocolate and peanut butter cooked into it. Yet despite all the miserable food experiences I've had, I've never lived in a tent and eaten garbage, and for that, I am thankful"

I mean, I got kicked out of my house and so instead of couch surfing I found friends that would let me squat in their backyard for several months until my student loans kicked it. It was actually super refreshing to pair all my belongings down to basically nothing and live really simple for a while. So not really hardship just whitepeople.png