Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

Sometimes I unironically think this but then realize that what I really want is for Quake to be popular again. Every time I play Quake Live I get discouraged because of how ruthless and better all the remaining players are compared to me.

there's a ffa mod called I think promod where healthpacks drop out of killed players. The server i tried it on was laggy as gently caress but that might be it groaning under the weight of 30 something players spraying continuously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

can anyone recommend a good keyboard i need a keyboard with buttons for playing and pausing music and ideally a little scrollbar for the volume.

I have the RAW versions of Steelseries' equipment. They're really good with minimal bells and whistles. Look them up!

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
it seems like a really dumb format to me that it took several days to determine that all 4 teams in group A were going to be 3-3

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Haven't been following that tournament but it sounds nuts. Goal difference works in footballs/soccer leagues because the season is so long but for a few matches of cs I think not.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bohemian Nights posted:

The corsair k70 has all of those things and is good

Mirroring this. I have the Corsair Strafe and I'm still extremely happy with it. The k70 is a great option as well. Corsair keyboards own.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Love Stole the Day posted:

Sometimes I unironically think this but then realize that what I really want is for Quake to be popular again. Every time I play Quake Live I get discouraged because of how ruthless and better all the remaining players are compared to me.

learning fighting games have made me immune to badfeels from getting creamed 1v1 but not immune to badfeels from endless empty servers

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

can anyone recommend a good keyboard i need a keyboard with buttons for playing and pausing music and ideally a little scrollbar for the volume.

the das 4 ticks all the marks for you

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Agoat posted:

I have the RAW versions of Steelseries' equipment. They're really good with minimal bells and whistles. Look them up!

sorry im looking for maximal bells and whistles

im sorry but did you even read my post? i was very specific about my requirements.

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 20, 2016

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Up Circle posted:

im sorry but did you even read my post? i was very specific about my requirements.

Get the das keyboard IMO. Great keyboard, and the new version has all the extra stuff you want.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

the das 4 has literally everything you are asking for while also being a very nice mechanical keyboard. i own one, buy it taylor swift

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

the das 4 has literally everything you are asking for while also being a very nice mechanical keyboard. i own one, buy it taylor swift

i'm still in the research phase but its at the top of my list for the moment

my budget is about $49.99 so i'm sure ill have plenty of room to spare

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

oh you dont want a mechanical keyboard then, youre not gonna find one for under $50 that ticks any of your boxes t swift. go to your local walmart and go to the electronics, they will have a keyboard that has all the media control stuff on it for like $20

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Goofballs posted:

Haven't been following that tournament but it sounds nuts. Goal difference works in footballs/soccer leagues because the season is so long but for a few matches of cs I think not.

They weren't expecting literally every team in group A to split literally every series, but yeah. Epicenter already announced they won't do that format again.

Despite the hiccups, still an interesting tournament. Fnatic finding form, Dignitas looking top tier, Hellraisers playing surprisingly good.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

oh you dont want a mechanical keyboard then, youre not gonna find one for under $50 that ticks any of your boxes t swift. go to your local walmart and go to the electronics, they will have a keyboard that has all the media control stuff on it for like $20

https://www.amazon.com/GEEZER-Black...rd%2Bwheel&th=1

a few bucks off, but it's got media keys and mechanical switches.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Gingerbread House Music posted:

thanks mister

heres an upboat in appreciation

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gingerbread House Music posted:

that keyboard looks dumb as gently caress and its normally $70 so my point still stands

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

It is also the super clicky kind, so it might get captured on your mic.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sleppy posted:

It is also the super clicky kind, so it might get captured on your mic.

You can hear 3/4 of people's keyboards anyway, because apparently everyone is a neanderthal and beats the poo poo out of their keyboards. I was always amazed at the amount of people the bought new keyboards every 1-3 years, until voice chat became a standard thing, and now it all makes sense.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
doesnt it have a volume wheel to control that?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I think Trump would be an entry fragger

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

that keyboard looks dumb as gently caress and its normally $70 so my point still stands

Shut up Luna.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Slumpy posted:

I think Trump would be an entry fragger

he'd be the guy that waits long halls with a zeus while his team gets owned rushing B

then spams LOL when he gets a zeus kill and is immediately traded after.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

he'd be the guy that waits long halls with a zeus while his team gets owned rushing B

then spams LOL when he gets a zeus kill and is immediately traded after.

Trump would plant the bomb on site after getting 2-3 entry frags while the rest of the team lags behind. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Up Circle posted:

i just bought a tenkeyless chinese knockoff for $40 i'll let ya know how it feels on day 1 and how i feel when it breaks on day 2

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

This is what I game on:

Kidding, I bought a WASD Custom V1 w/ browns back in like 2011 (when brown and red were the only real choices), been using it so long the keys I use in CSGO/SC2 are polished :3:

The V2s have built in media functions. If I was going to build one right now I'd get clears w/ 2mm spacers. Way over your budget tho.

Before you balk at the price remember that they'll print any layout you want. I've been iterating on a US English/Cyrillic/Korean layout for a while now. They keep releasing additional keycap options so I keep waiting

I found out about this company through the Korean SC2 scene, I have the 139th keyboard they made lol. Incredible customer support

They only have like 9 keycap colors back then, I made sure to use all of them.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Slumpy posted:

Trump would plant the bomb on site after getting 2-3 entry frags while the rest of the team lags behind. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

I've got tremendous people, the best people, all saying I am the only guy you want entry fragging. Obama has been throwing for EIGHT years. Don't even get me started on Crooked Hillary. She's a $5000 decoy when she gets an AWP. Believe me.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:negative: stop offering me graffiti boxes for $0.99 I can't say no

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

New Zealand can eat me posted:

:negative: stop offering me graffiti boxes for $0.99 I can't say no

This is the same reason why EA et al make so much profit off of freemium, pre-orders, deluxe editions, etc.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I don't get this game. How does a MG3 fail to use their smoke and flash on a retake of B? How does a DMG fail to buy any grenades whatsoever in a full buy round?

And how bad am I if I'm only MG1 despite actually using grenades? :negative:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

To be fair if on a retake you should probably coordinate with your buddies on when you are going to flash so you don't gently caress them hard so if you don't cooperate much not flashing is the more altruistic move.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Also, you better know your pop flashes cause with an obvious flash looking back or peeking behind cover for a split second is piss easy and it basically gives away your position + the timing of your push

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Elman posted:

I don't get this game. How does a MG3 fail to use their smoke and flash on a retake of B? How does a DMG fail to buy any grenades whatsoever in a full buy round?

And how bad am I if I'm only MG1 despite actually using grenades? :negative:

Probably it's because it wouldn't be hard to get Global even without grenades. It's a small handicap if you can do everything else.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

This is what I game on:

Kidding, I bought a WASD Custom V1 w/ browns back in like 2011 (when brown and red were the only real choices), been using it so long the keys I use in CSGO/SC2 are polished :3:

The V2s have built in media functions. If I was going to build one right now I'd get clears w/ 2mm spacers. Way over your budget tho.

Before you balk at the price remember that they'll print any layout you want. I've been iterating on a US English/Cyrillic/Korean layout for a while now. They keep releasing additional keycap options so I keep waiting

I found out about this company through the Korean SC2 scene, I have the 139th keyboard they made lol. Incredible customer support

They only have like 9 keycap colors back then, I made sure to use all of them.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

I really, really dislike the way their clears feel, but I guess this is probably just a clears thing and not a WASD thing. I'm still working on a custom keycap set for one with more tactile switches and may never complete it.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Did you try putting spacers in? I wasn't sold until I tried a friend's kb who was set up like that

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Did you try putting spacers in? I wasn't sold until I tried a friend's kb who was set up like that

Like O rings? No, I haven't -- maybe I should give it a shot.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
is therea mechanical keyboard store i can practice on the different fruit flavored keys?

i would like to test blues and reds and greens and blacks and practice writing common phrases like hold b u loving retard or mushu is behind us idiots

if it is easier to type quickly and accurately on a red maybe i should look into that purchase

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

is therea mechanical keyboard store i can practice on the different fruit flavored keys?

i would like to test blues and reds and greens and blacks and practice writing common phrases like hold b u loving retard or mushu is behind us idiots

if it is easier to type quickly and accurately on a red maybe i should look into that purchase

Any Cherry switch is 100x better than any non mechanical key. The colors are just down to preference, really.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

They sell things like this but that is a big portion of your budget for something that isn't very practical to test. Best Buy and the likes have a Razer keyboard at best from what I have seen, but maybe something like Fry's or Microcenter? I find myself typing more accurately on blues (super clicky) than reds (no click).

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
I remember seeing a website with nade throws for every map hyperlinked to YouTube videos, but now I can't find it.

Does anyone have a link to something like that?

Vvv loving Thank You!!

Capt. Sticl fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://www.thewarmup.net/