Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

2spooky4me posted:

I mean I'm not surprised because the man is an idiot, but how is he so bad at this?!

have we found anything he's actually good at yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

gfsincere posted:

Okay, so I missed the debate due to family stuff.

What highlights did I miss?
He said "we would see' whether he would accept the results of the election
He used the term "bad hombres" when talking about illegal immigrants
He interrupted hillary and said "What a nasty woman she is"

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009

Tom Guycot posted:

an attempt

That's goddamn beautiful. :sparkles: Tell me where to send my money and pleeeeeease let me play? I missed out on a Dargon Slayur tag, but this is better.

I took my whole household to the library so we could get in on the early voting, because that beats the hell out of standing in line. Couldn't be happier with my choice for commander in chief right now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gfsincere posted:

The big one is that Trump has refused to concede to accepting the election results. That has overshadowed loving everything.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

2spooky4me posted:

So I'm not an operative by any stretch of the imagination, but I've worked a few elections. I cannot believe some of the basic errors Trump made tonight. I was literally expecting the words to come out of his mouth but then he made a 180 into crazy town.

Instance 1: When he was talking about giving the foundation money back to Saudi Arabia and he started talking about Haiti. I half expected him to suggest she give the money to Haiti. It would have been a good sound bite and it is something that would be impossible to do -- that money is already spent and she knows it. But nope, he went off on some tangent about how they hate her there.

Instance 2: Syrian refugees. When he said "some, no most-" I was expecting his next words to be 'are good decent people who need help' but nope gotta pivot to they're all ISIS agents. :psyduck:

Instance 3: Jesus, Donald, just say you'll support the outcome of the election you wink to your base afterwards, you could have even added 'because I'll win'. This is going to dominate the news cycle and it's all your fault.

I mean I'm not surprised because the man is an idiot, but how is he so bad at this?!

He's an idiot, a political novice, and a clinical narcissist on top of being a spoiled rich kid bigot who rules his staff like a tyrant. Of course he'd be nowhere close to competent. Nobody could ever tell him he's making a mistake without facing his wrath and he must react to every insult, real or perceived.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

gfsincere posted:

Trump asked a woman (Clinton) a question and hushed her like a patronizing rear end when she tried to answer.

He said "I never said that" to poo poo he has absolutely said, please look forward to the compilation attack ad.

He refused to say he'd accept the outcome of the election when directly asked.

That's off the top of my head.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

First debate was like A New Hope, second was the dark chapter with Empire Strikes Back (but with Jar Jar Binks [Ken Bone] thrown in, and then this is Return of the Jedi except everyone is celebrating before the Death Star blows up because everyone knows its gonna blow up

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

2spooky4me posted:

So I'm not an operative by any stretch of the imagination, but I've worked a few elections. I cannot believe some of the basic errors Trump made tonight. I was literally expecting the words to come out of his mouth but then he made a 180 into crazy town.

Instance 1: When he was talking about giving the foundation money back to Saudi Arabia and he started talking about Haiti. I half expected him to suggest she give the money to Haiti. It would have been a good sound bite and it is something that would be impossible to do -- that money is already spent and she knows it. But nope, he went off on some tangent about how they hate her there.

Instance 2: Syrian refugees. When he said "some, no most-" I was expecting his next words to be 'are good decent people who need help' but nope gotta pivot to they're all ISIS agents. :psyduck:

Instance 3: Jesus, Donald, just say you'll support the outcome of the election you wink to your base afterwards, you could have even added 'because I'll win'. This is going to dominate the news cycle and it's all your fault.

Congrats, Abuela, be sure to thank GOP primary voters for putting this clown on the ticket.

He's exhausted and as he runs out of stamina he retreats further and further into petulance and delusion. He's not really talking to anyone anymore. We're just hearing the yammering inside his own head belched out as speech.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gfsincere posted:

We are all now

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ImpAtom posted:

The big one is that Trump has refused to concede to accepting the election results. That has overshadowed loving everything.

Given his angry mob of supporters and his general hostile bully attitude, it absolutely should.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

gfsincere posted:

The Don doubled down on undermining democracy in America.

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016
The sun creeps down, casting a fading light over the muscular, musky riders on thrumming Mejican steel.......the Bad Hombres. They spit, Mexicanly, scanning the horizon, resting calves like cantaloupes on pitted steel rests. Taco trucks shut off their engines and lights on every corner, even their owners hiding from the Hombres' heroin. The Bad Hombres are on the hunt for nasty women.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

2spooky4me posted:

Congrats, Abuela, be sure to thank GOP primary voters for putting this clown on the ticket.

He quite literally refuses to listen to anyone that tries to help him no matter who they are or what they say. I mean, he admitted during the debate that he wouldnt listen to advisors if he won. :psyduck:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

2spooky4me posted:

Second instance was bad when it happened. I don't understand how he doesn't talk about helping women and children, it would be so easy for him and could still play to his base by not allowing any men in.

Third instance, I don't understand at all. It would have been so easy for him to say something about the debate, then make a big deal about how the evidence is so overwhelming at a later date that he can no longer ignore it. AND HE DOESNT DO IT.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
LOL this guy trying to mansplain on CNN.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
unsurprising but these CNN undecided voters are loving imbeciles

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

jesus christ dont even mention jar jar binks and empire strikes back in the same loving sentence im extremely triggered

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

haunt for century posted:

He's pretty good at inheritance. Frankly, that's had a more profound influence on his life than anything that I've ever done for myself.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

gfsincere posted:

quote:

Clinton: He said the Republican primary was rigged against him. Then Trump University gets sued for fraud and racketeering. He claims the court system and the federal judge is rigged against him. There was even a time when he didn't get an Emmy for his TV program three years in a row and he started tweeting that the Emmys were rigged.

Trump: [interrupting] Should have gotten it.

quote:

Clinton: I am on record as saying that we need to put more money into the Social Security trust fund — that’s part of my commitment to raise taxes on the wealthy. My Social Security contribution will go up, as will Donald’s, unless he can figure out some way to get out of it.
Trump: [interrupting] Such a nasty woman.

Clinton: [continues as if he didn't say anything at all]

quote:

Wallace: But, sir, there is a tradition in this country -- in fact, one of the prides of this country -- is the peaceful transition of power and that no matter how hard-fought a campaign is, that at the end of the campaign that the loser concedes to the winner. Not saying that you're necessarily going to be the loser or the winner, but that the loser concedes to the winner and that the country comes together in part for the good of the country. Are you saying you're not prepared now to commit to that principle?

Trump: What I'm saying is that I will tell you at the time. I'll keep you in suspense. OK?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Colbert is pissed, I can't wait for his election night special.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

haunt for century posted:

He's a pretty good confidence man.

But a confidence man without confidence is not even a man at all.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

vyelkin posted:

unsurprising but these CNN undecided voters are loving imbeciles
Normally I don't really mind undecided voters. However, if you're undecided in a Clinton/Trump election then god help you because I'm not sure you have all of your mental faculties.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I refuse to care about the Bad Hombres poo poo. Who cares? Same with Ken Bone. Who loving cares? Always some annoying element thrown into pop culture with these debates

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
It's going to be fun to see what sort of objects Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell end up hurdling and/or ducking behind to avoid answering questions about whether they think it's okay to refuse to accept electoral results.
Jesus, tonight was brutal and thrilling and those of you who made those tags are pretty all right at posting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

5436 posted:

I feel like this was Hillary's best debate, she seemed to offer a better contrast to Trump. Surprised the polls show this as her worst debate.
I agree, I think with each debate she has improved. I thought she attacked him a little more aggressively at times compared to the first two debates.

He's clearly just never going to learn how to do a correct pivot in a debate, that's for sure. For all these talks of 'debate prep' he did the same thing three times and got creamed each time.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Donny got crushed.

"what a nasty woman"

"WRONG" x1000

"bad hombres"

the election is rigged, etc.

"you should have made it impossible for me to use Chinese steel"

"most Syrian refugees are ISIS"

...uh did I miss anything? I feel like I'm missing something.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

Second instance was bad when it happened. I don't understand how he doesn't talk about helping women and children, it would be so easy for him and could still play to his base by not allowing any men in.

Third instance, I don't understand at all. It would have been so easy for him to say something about the debate, then make a big deal about how the evidence is so overwhelming at a later date that he can no longer ignore it. AND HE DOESNT DO IT.

My jaw dropped both times. I couldn't believe it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

How does one acquire aforementioned gangtag?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Trump is the definition of Blowback and I'm so glad we all got to see it on live TV.

Gang Tags ,

Augus posted:

We are all now

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Augus posted:

We are all now

I'm glad I can be a in support of Abuela.

Now where is my dang SOROS check. This is the third month that poo poo is late

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I refuse to care about the Bad Hombres poo poo

wow good for you. very badass, we're all impressed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
"In one word why did Hillary Clinton win the debate"

"She's more believable"
"Facts"
"Truth"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I refuse to care about the Bad Hombres poo poo. Who cares? Same with Ken Bone. Who loving cares? Always some annoying element thrown into pop culture with these debates
said like a loving dude that acted like jar jar binks was in empire strikes back

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Academician Nomad posted:

The sun creeps down, casting a fading light over the muscular, musky riders on thrumming Mejican steel.......the Bad Hombres. They spit, Mexicanly, scanning the horizon, resting calves like cantaloupes on pitted steel rests. Taco trucks shut off their engines and lights on every corner, even their owners hiding from the Hombres' heroin. The Bad Hombres are on the hunt for nasty women.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

CNN undecided voter talking about how WE KNOW ISIS IS COMING ACROSS THE BORDER.

Something tells me he wasn't actually undecided.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

Colbert is pissed, I can't wait for his election night special.

Is he doing a live show right now or is it pretaped?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some days I feel like a bad hombre, others I feel like a nasty woman

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

First debate was like A New Hope, second was the dark chapter with Empire Strikes Back (but with Jar Jar Binks [Ken Bone] thrown in, and then this is Return of the Jedi except everyone is celebrating before the Death Star blows up because everyone knows its gonna blow up

The third movie is never the best, but the third debate was.

fake edit: Last Crusade, Red, and The Search for Spock (OK, debatable) were the best.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lozzle posted:

Donny got crushed.

"what a nasty woman"

"WRONG" x1000

"bad hombres"

the election is rigged, etc.

"you should have made it impossible for me to use Chinese steel"

"most Syrian refugees are ISIS"

...uh did I miss anything? I feel like I'm missing something.

"I never said thing I absolutely said" about 50 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Saeka posted:

Fixed the transparency!

I want on this gang tag ride.

Also holy poo poo I'm still in disbelief how hard Trump owned himself in that debate.

• Locked thread