Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

I don't think so. At least I hope not. It looks like her hair is starting to grow crazy fast though, it starts off at her shoulders and it's down to the middle of her back by the end of the page. Hard to tell if that's actually a thing or if it's just the art though.

Oh gently caress that's totally what's happening. Good work Allison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'll take back everything i've ever said or thought about this comic if feral turns into a perpetually regenerating wall of flesh, organs and hair consuming everything in sight

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
It's a neat theory but you'd think Allison and Dr. Lady would react to seeing Feral's hair grow by almost a foot in under a minute.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hollismason posted:

If that would be the case that her organs regenerate outside of her body there needs to be a scene of tiny Ferals bursting out of people's chest like Alien.

I really hope this or her going full Akira happens, or both.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why would her hair suddenly start growing really fast after twelve hours sleep webcomics right i just got it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Why have Allison's eyes slowly over the comics publication started turning vertical?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Artist's style evolving :shrug: It's more polished but yeah I don't like the direction some things are going either, art-wise.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I liked the original art style, but it wouldn't have worked for Paladin's whole sequence, which is the only thing that matters in this comic.

Hollismason posted:

Why have Allison's eyes slowly over the comics publication started turning vertical?

Oh hell, this sentence gave me terrible flashbacks to Humberto Ramos drawing Runaways. Suddenly the Japanese girl's eyes were practically perpendicular to everyone else's and it was very uncomfortable.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The eyes are slanting to maximise tear runoff during sad scenes where everyone tells Allison she's a dumbass.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Her eyes are changing due to being exposed to Clevin for too long.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

paragon1 posted:

Her eyes are changing due to being exposed to Clevin for too long.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

eeeeeh another page of stuff

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
1. Ok, WHY doesn't she need to be under constant surgery anymore? Is the "pulsating mass of organs" theory actually true?

2. How does the doctor know Allison is responsible for Feral's powers being boosted? Al went in with Max in the dead of the night, sneaking in, no one saw them. Does this mean Allison told everyone "Look, guys! I found a way to boost Feral's powers!"? Surely no good can come out of that, you'd only get lots of people asking her to boost their powers.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Despite being very stupidly written, Feral's Christ-like sacrifice had at least a note of authenticity to it.

Now we're being shown that Christ-like sacrifice can just be bypassed.

SFP is very stupid.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh hey I was right the first time, that's ... anomalous :smugdog:

Mikl posted:

1. Ok, WHY doesn't she need to be under constant surgery anymore? Is the "pulsating mass of organs" theory actually true?

2. How does the doctor know Allison is responsible for Feral's powers being boosted? Al went in with Max in the dead of the night, sneaking in, no one saw them. Does this mean Allison told everyone "Look, guys! I found a way to boost Feral's powers!"? Surely no good can come out of that, you'd only get lots of people asking her to boost their powers.

Yeah they made a self-sustaining organ farm I'm sure.

No, nobody thought to put cameras or security or anything in Feral's area of the hospital after a dude with a flamethrower walked in and set everything on fire. *graceful hula handwaving*

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 21, 2016

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So is the moral of this chapter "Strong arming people against their will to do the "Right" thing always works out?"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

iirc she told Max to his face she didn't think personal freedom was a big deal :shrug:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
On the one hand, I'm happy for Feral that this apparently went right. On the other hand, I really want Allison to suffer some consequence for what she just did.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Which is it you fuckers, which path did you take? Don't keep me in suspense, are you cowards or not?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mikl posted:

It has now been 3 weeks and we still don't really know what is at stake here. The decision to not front load an explanation as to what Allison is trying to do is really backfiring with the current update schedule. All we have are more questions. Like Max's power, does it ever time out? Is anyone he strengthens permanently like that? We don't know how his powers work because of how vaguely defined they are. What if it wears off and Feral finds out? What's stopping her from just signing up to donate organs again because the main reason she went this route is because she felt like it was the only thing she could do with her current level of education.

Did Feral want to be freed from eternal organ donating at all? She's crying now so I will assume she's happy she isn't going to have to constantly be subjected to painful surgery daily for the rest of her life. But she could also be hurt that the one plan she came up with was taken from her by someone who thinks they know better. This really is Allison doing what she wants and ignoring the wishes of others, and while I've never been happy with Feral's situation it should matter to her character enough to have something strong to say in the coming pages.

Did Allison just tell the doctor everything including Max's involvement? Probably not but there is no way this scene should be playing out like it is. Allison broke into a hospital and altered a patient against their consent. Why isn't she being questioned by the police? Did that already happen? Does she really have so much clout that nobody will touch her with a 10 foot pole whenever she breaks the law?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

It has now been 3 weeks and we still don't really know what is at stake here. The decision to not front load an explanation as to what Allison is trying to do is really backfiring with the current update schedule. All we have are more questions. Like Max's power, does it ever time out? Is anyone he strengthens permanently like that? We don't know how his powers work because of how vaguely defined they are. What if it wears off and Feral finds out? What's stopping her from just signing up to donate organs again because the main reason she went this route is because she felt like it was the only thing she could do with her current level of education.

Did Feral want to be freed from eternal organ donating at all? She's crying now so I will assume she's happy she isn't going to have to constantly be subjected to painful surgery daily for the rest of her life. But she could also be hurt that the one plan she came up with was taken from her by someone who thinks they know better. This really is Allison doing what she wants and ignoring the wishes of others, and while I've never been happy with Feral's situation it should matter to her character enough to have something strong to say in the coming pages.

Did Allison just tell the doctor everything including Max's involvement? Probably not but there is no way this scene should be playing out like it is. Allison broke into a hospital and altered a patient against their consent. Why isn't she being questioned by the police? Did that already happen? Does she really have so much clout that nobody will touch her with a 10 foot pole whenever she breaks the law?

i don't think that the writer or artist have even thought about those things

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

i don't think that the writer or artist have even thought about those things

I get that response a lot but it took me more time to write that post than it did to think about the ramifications of what Allison has just done. I get that we're still technically seeing this scene play out but I don't know why anyone is acting the way they are. There should be multiple doctors checking charts and Feral should be hooked up to medical equipment. If her anomaly just mutated there would be more of a deal going on that just two people sitting in a room.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I get that response a lot but it took me more time to write that post than it did to think about the ramifications of what Allison has just done. I get that we're still technically seeing this scene play out but I don't know why anyone is acting the way they are. There should be multiple doctors checking charts and Feral should be hooked up to medical equipment. If her anomaly just mutated there would be more of a deal going on that just two people sitting in a room.

Strong Female Protagonist: I don't know why anyone is acting the way they are

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Calling it now - she has healing blood now, so blood donation is enough.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I just want the boosted regeneration power to eventually result in the apocalyptic destruction of humankind as the Earth gets covered by an ever-growing mass of organs. Something like a cross between The Blob, The Thing, and Gray Goo.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I want Feral to dive straight back in, unblinking. Because that's the sort of stone-cold hero she is. Yeah, she could save as many people as she did before on the weekends... OR she could save three times as many people by going straight back in to the nightmare, and Feral is stronger than the fear of death of oblivion.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
They're taking so long to give any kind of explanation I don't care anymore. I want this stupid loving comic to end.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i like feral as a character and would enjoy a comic written by a competent person with feral as the protagonist and moonshadow as the antagonist, but "written by a competent person" is not going to happen and literally everything else about the comic would have to go in the trash where it belongs

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I wonder if they're going to tie this back to her dad.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Doubtful :shrug:

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I think the Feral arc was probably the best bit of this comic, grappling with the moral issues of super powers.

That doesn't mean we need to revisit it :/

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

On the one hand, I'm happy for Feral that this apparently went right. On the other hand, I really want Allison to suffer some consequence for what she just did.

I'm guessing once Feral learns how Allison brought about this change she's prob gonna be pretty pissed at her. Plenty of ways for things to get hosed up still, chapter isn't over yet.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I've been wondering how anyone knew what Max's power did, if he's never used it, or didn't even know he had one. He mentioned having a test, but it seems weird that the government(?) would have enough knowledge about how these powers work to figure out such a specific an unspectacular power weeks or months after all these super kids start popping up.

And if he's never used it how does Allison know the specific limits and effects of it.

It's minor but it bugs me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

Galvanik posted:

I've been wondering how anyone knew what Max's power did, if he's never used it, or didn't even know he had one. He mentioned having a test, but it seems weird that the government(?) would have enough knowledge about how these powers work to figure out such a specific an unspectacular power weeks or months after all these super kids start popping up.

And if he's never used it how does Allison know the specific limits and effects of it.

It's minor but it bugs me.

It's not minor. It's a glaring hole in the plot of this dumb comic.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah someone said earlier that if his power works this way (buff someone else's power) even if it isn't permanent he'd be strapped to a torture table under CIA headquarters cranking out top tier superdudes and never see the light of day again, no matter how rich his family was.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I don't know if this comic would be quite so torturous if I wasn't reading it at the update schedule. Like all this would still be dumb, but I wouldn't be waiting weeks to find out what the gently caress is even going on. I am going to quit for a few weeks and see if its any better catching up.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i would hazard a guess that it will not be

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So is Max's ability permanent? Also he shot out multiple firecums so did Alison get one? Who else did she give them too? The Doctor would be a interesting choice...

Like her idea was Feral , but it would have been better giving that Doctor who can just build anything and is a super genius a greater ability. The Doctor is a super genius so I kind of wonder if they boosted her intelligence even more than it is if she would have ended up like just curing world hunger over lunch.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
The art on this page is so loving bad. Everyone is in these really basic perspectives and poses yet still look like they're off-model and posing in multi-color void.

Has anyone pointed out Allison lied to Max? She said her plan would save "millions" of lives, but really it was about saving just one, Feral. Without him people would still be getting their organs, it's just now that he's done his fairy magic Feral doesn't need to be in constant surgery for people to get those organs, because reasons.

Also, I'd put money on this plot arc being written because the creators keep hearing people talk about the Feral chapter as the high water mark of the story so far and took all the wrong lessons from it. They probably thought something like, "People really like that storyline, so if we make Feral a regular character this comic will be good again!" Instead they're probably on track to retroactively ruin the best part of their entire comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I still think we have a living feral/tetsuo blob that they plan to provide organs from, I think that's what she meant by saving millions.

then again, who knows when it comes to this comic. :iiam:

• Locked thread