Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Doom's arcade mode fuckin rules as it turns out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9_ltW1Skg
seems vaguely like bulletstorm but not as creative (also bulletstorm's UI and general gameplay and level design were more built around the scoring mechanics so it may not be a fair comparison)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The game just needed more campaign content. Like they had this huge rollout of new stuff for the game except the part people actually liked

This is a good step though. I hope when they say rewards accuracy and aggression they mean "Use super shotgun run through enemies"

The combat got hella old exactly at the end of the game so I disagree.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Auron posted:

Prediction

Nintendo NX will be another garbage gimmick system that loses third party support in 3 days and tanks harder than Wii U

PS Wii U is pretty cool

On the plus side, the NX will actually get a Zelda game in its lifetime.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So are the GB guys doing a talk-over of the NX stream or what?

E:Oh wait, it's just a preview trailer. NVM.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

Doom's arcade mode fuckin rules as it turns out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9_ltW1Skg

Quest For Glory II posted:

seems vaguely like bulletstorm but not as creative (also bulletstorm's UI and general gameplay and level design were more built around the scoring mechanics so it may not be a fair comparison)

All the in game callouts and scores popping up tickles the ol' gaming lizard brain so I'm enjoying it :) I'm glad they went all out and made it in your face instead of just having a simple score counter tacked on somewhere at the top of the screen. I can see the BulletStorm comparison but I think it came out really well for a mode I bet they weren't even really going to implement if the campaign hadn't been so well received.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the nintendo switch hybrid console handheld tv dock detachable controllers it's all real

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
So the Nintendo Switch looks pretty rad imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thehoodie posted:

So the Nintendo Switch looks pretty rad imo

Yeah I like the new classic controller design

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

the nintendo switch hybrid console handheld tv dock detachable controllers it's all real

ew.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they put the buttons above the stick 360 style. praise nintendo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The triple jump is back thank you nintendo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lol those tiny little half controllers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Looks pretty neat.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

MinibarMatchman posted:

when's the last time you bought a nintendo console for third party support. just play your bethesda games on your PC

The timing on this post couldn't be better.

It looks like the Switch will have Skyrim, Breath of the Wild, new Mario, Splatoon and Mario Kart. Presumeably sometime around launch maybe?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm glad it's got a cool name and that it looks cool.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't watch videos of poo poo. Let me know when there's an article with pictures.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No game devs are going to support this system, it's the Wii U sales figures all over again.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Snak posted:

I don't watch videos of poo poo. Let me know when there's an article with pictures.

But videos are just moving pictures :confused:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I said come in! posted:

No game devs are going to support this system, it's the Wii U sales figures all over again.

Nintendo is DOOMED.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey did you guys hear the are making a Star Control game except it literally only bears the name "Star Control" and in fact is legally prohibited from involving anything else related to Star Control beyond the title?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad it's got a cool name

Come on now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snak posted:

just watch the video you silly goof

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

here is a picture

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Come on now.

Switch is pretty slick compared to Playstation, the fourth one, and Xbone. And especially compared to Wii U.

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey did you guys hear the are making a Star Control game except it literally only bears the name "Star Control" and in fact is legally prohibited from involving anything else related to Star Control beyond the title?

Yes, and it's being made by Stardock, one of the sketchiest video game companies out there.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
*clears throat*

they call it the nintendo switch because you take one look and switch back over to playstation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, and it's being made by Stardock, one of the sketchiest video game companies out there.

I know that some people are angry at their CEO for maybe being a raging misogynist/douche, but is there anything actually sketch about their business practices?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Wait, I don't remember the Splatoon match start up looking like that, and the spawn point looks kind of different are those different hairstyles? Are those different pants?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lets launch our console with zero games exclusive to the system that show off its power and abilities. Instead we are going to give it a 5 year old RPG that no one cares about anymore.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Firstly, I can't watch videos with sound at work. Secondly, 90% of videos about poo poo like this are a waste of time. Why would I spend 10 minutes watching a video that contain about a paragraph of information I could read in 30 seconds? Videos of the slowest way to consume basic information.

Thanks for the pic though. I hate the idea of buttons directly above an analogue stick. reaching OVER the stick to hit the buttons sounds terrible.

edit: Stardock made Galactic Civilizations II, the worst 4x game I've ever played.

Snak fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 20, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

I know that some people are angry at their CEO for maybe being a raging misogynist/douche, but is there anything actually sketch about their business practices?

Stardock games do tend to be notoriously buggy and broken at launch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Level Slide posted:

Wait, I don't remember the Splatoon match start up looking like that, and the spawn point looks kind of different are those different hairstyles? Are those different pants?

Its a new splatoon game, as well as anew Mario Kart game from the looks of it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

The sketchiness is mostly about how poorly employees are treated and how the CEO has repeatedly said things like "I hope we don't reach 85% metacritic so we don't have to pay the employees their bonus". Last I heard, the head of HR in the company was still a relative of his.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snak posted:

Thanks for the pic though. I hate the idea of buttons directly above an analogue stick. reaching OVER the stick to hit the buttons sounds terrible.

There's also a separate controller that looks oddly like the Amazon Kindle game controller thing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Snak posted:

Firstly, I can't watch videos with sound at work. Secondly, 90% of videos about poo poo like this are a waste of time. Why would I spend 10 minutes watching a video that contain about a paragraph of information I could read in 30 seconds? Videos of the slowest way to consume basic information.

edit: Stardock made Galactic Civilizations II, the worst 4x game I've ever played.

It's a video with just music playing over it. Just leave it muted.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Lets launch our console with zero games exclusive to the system that show off its power and abilities. Instead we are going to give it a 5 year old RPG that no one cares about anymore.

Where'd you get all this insider info

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I actually haven't played Splatoon in a long while, so I thought it was showing off backwards-compatibility of the Switch until I started noticing the ways it wasn't Splatoon. I hope all those haircuts can be used by both boy and girl squids.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Thats what Sony did and they launched the most succesful console ever

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

here is a picture

Much better marketing name than Wii or WiiU at least.

I think the concept is solid. I just wanna know if the base station provides any juice or if the thing can run at full power when on the go or what?

Level Slide posted:

I actually haven't played Splatoon in a long while, so I thought it was showing off backwards-compatibility of the Switch until I started noticing the ways it wasn't Splatoon. I hope all those haircuts can be used by both boy and girl squids.

Is it not? That looked like a port or backwards compatibility to me. They also showed what looked exactly like Super Mario 3D World.

Sequels would be cool I guess, although if those are sequels they're like... identical to the originals other than a couple of new things? Are you sure its not the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

In Training posted:

And a new Mario game. Not a New Mario game, a new Mario game.

• Locked thread