Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Electromax posted:

You're getting upset that you won't be able to buy a DeDeDe Amiibo in 2032.

My good Internet friend Jivjov got me a smash DeDeDe amiibo :buddy:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

oddium posted:

i'm probably going to ignore the weird snap off controllers and the portability in general and just use the 360 controller + tv dock. super good

:same:

Gonna play Pokemans on my tv

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Watching the trailer again on a big screen, I just noticed that Mario Switch looks like it has a Mexican themed level.:3:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I hate Skyrim and New Vegas was a good enough Skyrim mod to make me forget how much I hate Skyrim

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
On a scale of 1 to 10, it is a 3. Maybe 4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

new vegas, the fallout with a reference to johnny fiveaces and the dead forum ycs. also the best fallout. funny

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Zaphod42 posted:

Then you don't understand the Japanese gaming market. Becuase this is 100% designed for them and makes complete sense for their culture.

It'll sell in the west too though.
Yeah, I guess I don't. I just feel that you already have consoles at home and then you have a mobile or a tablet for when you're out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

elf help book posted:

I remember I thought the 3D in the 3DS would be dumb, but then I got one and I loved it.
I remember I thought the tablet on the Wii U would be dumb, but then I got one and I loved it.

Just give up.

i think the 3D on the 3DS would be dumb and it is and I don't have a Wii U however you have a Lightning avatar so you are infact correct on all counts.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Skyrim and Fallout 4 are bad

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

deadwing posted:

My good Internet friend Jivjov got me a smash DeDeDe amiibo :buddy:

Always happy to help :)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

deadwing posted:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

deadwing posted:

some bad opinions here

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Pureauthor posted:

The battery life is gonna suck, isn't it

Yes. 3 hours on portable. They are trying to increase it to 5 before launch but it is pretty much set in stone at this point.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It looks gimmicky at first glance, but I'll withhold judgment until I can get my hands on it and see what it looks like in the wild.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Utnayan posted:

Yes. 3 hours on portable.

Source?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

deadwing posted:

Skyrim and Fallout 4 are really bad

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Why would anyone want to play Skyrim when BOTW looks like the same idea but with actual fun gameplay.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Utnayan posted:

Yes. 3 hours on portable.

Gunna be too busy hanging out with all the friends I'm gunna make playing Switch to actually play the drat thing, so it doesn't matter.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cartoon Man posted:

It looks gimmicky at first glance, but I'll withhold judgment until I can get my hands on it and see what it looks like in the breath of the wild.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I get this, but am I not allowed to dislike that arrangement?

I guess my issue is that it's kind of the way it has to be? Like, the video game market is weird as hell compared to other types of software. Market pressure forces the whole system to behave like a physical goods market, as consumers have consistently rejected attempts at soft DRM such as online passes and other things designed to prevent developers from unfairly giving support to people who didn't contribute to their revenue stream because they bought the game second-hand, or pirated it. DLC is another way to recoup that cost- buying the game second hand means that you don't have access to the DLC that the original owner may have purchased, so you have to buy it yourself. The publisher/studio still gets money that way.

A lot of the dumb poo poo we see in the games market is the result of the existence of a second-hand market for a product that, especially in an online world, requires ongoing support from the "manufacturer".

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

nintendo switch, pokemon s&m

very interesting, nintendo

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait to be disappointed by another Nintendo console in 2017

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

OldSenileGuy posted:

Did they mention anything about gyro or motion controls? Don't games like the new Zelda and Splatoon rely on those pretty heavily?
There's an image floating about of a bunch of screenshots from the reveal trailer with labels and one of them reads 'motion controls' and points at the reclining man holding the detached controller thingies. No idea if it's official or just something someone made up tho.

Fwiw, given that both the 3DS and WiiU had gyro controls I would be really surprised if the switch lacked them. There's also no loving way they wouldn't have built an Amiibo sensor into this thing. The touchscreen could go either way, it's a core feature of Nintendo handhelds but unless there's a way to play on the TV with the slate undocked games wouldn't be able to support it in TV mode which is awkward.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I get this, but am I not allowed to dislike that arrangement?

Sure, but he was explaining why a class action lawsuit isn't viable, not anything about liking it or disliking it

I'd argue it's more about whether or not you're getting value for what you're paying for not whether or not data is physically on a disc you possess before you pay for it but that's just me

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

At the very least it's poorly made

sout
Apr 24, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why would anyone want to play Skyrim when BOTW looks like the same idea but with actual fun gameplay.

Well, BOTW is unlike Skyrim because there are no towns, but very similar because there are probably bastard chickens.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bone app the teeth posted:

some bad opinions here

yes but why did you quote a good one :confused:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hace posted:

At the very least it's poorly made

things can be both good and poorly made. for example, the wii u

sout
Apr 24, 2014

mmmm. new vegas. gently caress yeah.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
The Home based and Portable support all traditional Gyro controls and Accelerometer functions and obviously NFC (Near Field Communication)

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tender Bender posted:

Just costumes but it's gonna be sick

Hanzo: Link

RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO HYAAAT!

LET THE DRAGON CONSUME YAAAHH!

anatomi posted:

Too weak to run Fallout 4.

My dude, the PS4 is too weak to run Fallout 4. Have you seen the single-digit framerate Far Harbor has?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Man I am so glad the new Nintendo system can run the greatest, most advanced and stable game engine ever created, Gamebryo, with such good games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Please let this be the final nail in the coffin that causes Nintendo to withdraw from making gaming hardware completely and refocus on bringing their classic gaming franchises to PC/XB1/PS4

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Super No Vacancy posted:

things can be both good and poorly made. for example, the wii u

Yeah I'm just saying that fallout 4 is a bad benchmark for "games a modern system can run"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

iwata died so that the pro controller could have the face buttons and right stick switched like a good controller and i'm big boss saluting in front of his grave

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

r u ready to WALK posted:

Please let this be the final nail in the coffin that causes Nintendo to withdraw from making gaming hardware completely and refocus on bringing their classic gaming franchises to PC/XB1/PS4

you're a bad guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hace posted:

Yeah I'm just saying that fallout 4 is a bad benchmark for "games a modern system can run"

It's also a completely unfounded claim so I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh

• Locked thread