Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

dealbreaker imo

r/timetravel is cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

My in laws paid for my education......
I'm currently not paying for his college (which was our decision- we believe that it's important to work hard when you are young, which has failed to impress on his mind)

Your a real gem, lady.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Fat kid just knows his parents are lame rear end deadbeats.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Glenn Quebec posted:

Fat kid just knows his parents are lame rear end deadbeats.

I hope this kid graduates college and is just swole as gently caress. Take that parents.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My [30F] new boyfriend [35M] is apparently the local creep.

quote:

We’ve been dating exclusively for about two months now, and we met online through a dating website, so outside of what he presented to me I didn’t know anything else about him. He approached me first, and he was very polite and respectful. This was what got me interested enough to meet him in the first place. When he met up he almost seemed a little nervous which I found it to be endearing due to the fact that he doesn’t come off as the sort of person to be shy or hesitant in any regard. He seemed more confident, into sports and fitness and taking care of himself.

I ended up taking the lead in regards to physical romance and he was never pushy or made me feel uncomfortable. Overall he seems very sweet and we spend most of our time cuddling and watching movies and getting to know one another. At first he said he was just looking for something casual but as time goes by it almost seems like he’s the one who’s rushing things. From the start he said he wasn’t going to be seeing anyone else and I appreciated this as I personally am only involved with one person at a time.

Very recently though on separate occasions I encountered two women who work with him as our jobs are close by to each other. They found out that I was dating him and gave me a very shocking version of who he is.

Apparently he’s a complete creep. He’s attempted to sleep with every girl who works there, and he is constantly making comments about either the women who work there, or women in general. He’s crass and vulgar and always seems to be talking about sex or how hot some girl is. He actually makes a lot of women uncomfortable as a result of his behavior and personality. He had become obsessed with at least one or more of the women, constantly texting them, asking to meet up until they blocked his number.

I asked him about this and he told me that it wasn’t true, and that it was just a bunch of rumors, but I’m not sure that I believe him. They were so set in what they were telling me, and seemed genuinely concerned that I was involved with him. And it was two different times that this happened. Once I could let go, but not more.

He told me that he never tried sleeping with anyone, was never inappropriate, and has never pursued anyone that he works with. I don’t know what to think. If he’s lying about this, then he’s probably going to lie about everything else too. I want to trust him, but I don’t know that I can.

TL;DR: New boyfriend is apparently a creep and I don’t know who to believe.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
My son, who I never really instilled much of an education on proper nutrition growing up except to burn into his brain that I disapprove of going to the gym because it's a conspiracy by BIG HEALTH, ate himself silly during his high school years in a house that was always stocked exclusively of junk food and I never felt engaged enough to figure out why. So, after moving out from being under my care without any support or assistance from me, his horrible eating habits immediately disappeared, which is great despite the fact that replacing his fat with muscles is literally killing him. Anyways, why does he act so resentful towards me even though I have two non-fat kids as well thus proving it's entirely his fault?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

kuddles posted:

My son, who I never really instilled much of an education on proper nutrition growing up except to burn into his brain that I disapprove of going to the gym because it's a conspiracy by BIG HEALTH, ate himself silly during his high school years in a house that was always stocked exclusively of junk food and I never felt engaged enough to figure out why. So, after moving out from being under my care without any support or assistance from me, his horrible eating habits immediately disappeared, which is great despite the fact that replacing his fat with muscles is literally killing him. Anyways, why does he act so resentful towards me even though I have two non-fat kids as well thus proving it's entirely his fault?

I am actually a fantastic mother, thank you very much :rolleyes: Anyway, my kid is mad at me for some dumb reason, how do I make him shut up

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
There's no way that mom isn't fat.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

There's no way that mom isn't fat.

Guessing the two "normal" kids are also pretty overweight at the very least.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Let's not forget the free ride to college and then refusing to pay it forward to their son.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

Let's not forget the free ride to college and then refusing to pay it forward to their son.

This would have been ok if she weren't framing it as a moral lesson two paragraphs after gushing about how great her in-laws were for paying for her college, the lack of self-awareness there was amazing

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Straight White Shark posted:

Guessing the two "normal" kids are also pretty overweight at the very least.
For sure. The only people that think weightlifting is dangerous are lazy fats. Seriously.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Did she delete it? I can't find it. I wanted to see the dog pile of replies telling her off.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah I was looking too... she probably ran once the dog pile started. :smith:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

[22M] boyfriend broke down crying and threw a tantrum last night because I [18F] wouldn't have sex with him

I [18F] have been with my boyfriend [22M] for about a year. We practically lived together over the summer and spent every second together except for when he went to work.

I started college last month which is about an hours drive away. So, now we see each other about 2 nights a week plus the weekend. Some days I'll drive home after class and pick him up from work. The only problem is, his shift doesn't end until midnight. I have to wake up early in the mornings to drive back to my school, and staying up until 3AM with him makes for a rough morning.

Obviously this means our sex life hasn't been as active with me being tired at night. Last night we are kissing and cuddling while talking casually. All of the sudden he demands to know if we're going to be having sex tonight. I tell him no, sorry, I'm feeling tired, but we'll have all weekend to spend together and I'll be up for it then.

He then becomes extremely frustrated and angry with me, saying that I led him on by kissing and cuddling him and should tell him right away after I get him from work if we'll be sleeping together that night. When I tried to end the argument by apologizing and explaining myself, he started crying and randomly threatened to kill himself the next day.

Am I in the wrong here? I'm not sure if I should engage in sex with him to just please him even if I'm not in the mood and tired? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: The stress of my relationship being slightly long distance and our sex life chchang is making my boyfriend crazy?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

Did she delete it? I can't find it. I wanted to see the dog pile of replies telling her off.

Yup. I have the link, but it just sends you back to your previous page now.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
It searched the title and found it. This was about 15 mins ago though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah she did, comments are still up though

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/58hcm1/my_40_f_son_20_m_refuses_to_speak_to_me_or_his/?st=iuilqxpc&sh=917a6896

Figure it's ok to link ITT now that comments are locked, Jeff let me know if it's not

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this one turned out to be less funny than the title made it sound like it would be, the actual text is just kinda sad :smith: (short answer: she's right on the money in the tldr)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

loquacius posted:

Yeah she did, comments are still up though

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/58hcm1/my_40_f_son_20_m_refuses_to_speak_to_me_or_his/?st=iuilqxpc&sh=917a6896

Figure it's ok to link ITT now that comments are locked, Jeff let me know if it's not
It's fine, I was kinda tempted to link it/copy the posts myself but the funny parts were already posted. It's mostly just sad. The college thing is worse than the food thing, to me. She's delusional and simply refuses to give her kid the opportunity she had and benefitted from, I'll never understand that.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

She's a great mother and she doesn't want him to take things for granted.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's fine, I was kinda tempted to link it/copy the posts myself but the funny parts were already posted. It's mostly just sad. The college thing is worse than the food thing, to me. She's delusional and simply refuses to give her kid the opportunity she had and benefitted from, I'll never understand that.

From lovely mom:

quote:

The stress of properly caring for three kids far exceeds the expectations of a few hours a week at an easy part-time job.

quote:

Because my son doesn't have the adult attitude I had at that age after having three children, a stable married relationship, while working at college at the same time (3.49 GPA!!! Not so easy!!!) Do you think that compares to getting a part time job?

also this comment thread lmao

quote:

[–]iownakeytar 9 points an hour ago
You wanted children, despite not having an education to support them. Sounds pretty drat selfish to me.
permalinkembedparent
[–]oreodooro[S] -9 points an hour ago
I'm a woman...
permalinkembedparent
[–]iownakeytar 9 points an hour ago
Okay. I didn't refer to you with a male pronoun. I am also a woman. I don't see what your point is.
permalinkembedparent
[–]oreodooro[S] -9 points an hour ago
I'm guessing you are very young.
permalinkembedparent
[–]iownakeytar 6 points an hour ago
You'd be guessing wrong. I actually worked full-time and went to school in my twenties.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

"I am very successful!!!@!!" She shouts to no one, because no one cares. "And a woman!!!!"

I'm sorry, but using the amount of children that you had as some sort of badge of effort is so whack, all it does tell me is that you gently caress a lot.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"I'm a fantastic mother!" said every bad mom ever

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
she has "oreo" in her screenname, gonna say she's criminally fat

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CharlestonJew posted:

"I'm a fantastic mother!" said every bad mom ever

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

I have two smaller knives in my car, and a shovel, and a crowbar. It's good to be prepared :shrug:

:stwoon:

It's probably for the best. I can't say I understand the existential terror of being a woman.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick how many shallow graves have you dug with your car shovel

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

my fiance kept a hatchet in her trunk for the longest time, depending on the part of the country you're in having something to cut branches with is often a pretty good idea

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

She's delusional and simply refuses to give her kid the opportunity she had and benefitted from, I'll never understand that.
It's called being an objectivist.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've got a bunch of golf clubs in my trunk....

but its just cause I like to golf and there is a driving range/9-hole course half way between my office and my apt :pwn:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The police said I can't mount my railgun on the bed of mah pickup. It's on a turntable and everything, for easy picking. There aint no such thing as Kentucky windage when you're shooting EM rounds.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pussy Quipped posted:

also this comment thread lmao
I like this one more:

quote:

[childish insults]
[–]Dr__Doofenschmirtz 1 point 3 hours ago
Your son made a decision that since you won't accept any blame in this that he doesn't want you in his life. If you want back in, you need to analyze and actually take in what he said and see if it is true. We all make mistakes, we all mess up. The problem is when you won't accept that you messed up and try to fix it.
Do you have an issue with apologizing? Is it a pride thing? An image thing?
permalinkembedsaveparentgive goldreply
[–]oreodooro[S] 0 points 3 hours ago
Everyone makes mistakes, as do I. Whenever I actually make one, I am sure to apologize. But I didn't now, so I won't.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Khorne posted:

I like this one more:

this reminds me very strongly of my father-in-law actually

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
I know when a direct blood family member says that I am the reason for a serious problem and informs me in writing explaining what+why I have messed up, there's just no way I'm going to consider the issue or maybe apologize. Like I'm going to give up some of my hard-earned self-righteousness just because he asked for an apology. Sheesh.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Me [21 M] with my _Girlfriend__ [29 F] 1 month , she claims that I am manipulative, selfish and only care about the now.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I feel bad for that kid but it sounds like he's doing ok for himself now that he's out of mom's house.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

turbomoose posted:

Me [21 M] with my _Girlfriend__ [29 F] 1 month , she claims that I am manipulative, selfish and only care about the now.

Holy poo poo, how do you not immediately dump someone who turns out to be manipulative after less than a month?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
This one isn't the usual horror show, but it is instead insanely cryptic even for a big goony nerd like me who hung out at the tabletop/ccg shop from ages 11-13. It's also just real drat weird overall, cryptic nature aside.

My [25F] husband [27M] is being really disrespectful of something I enjoy.

quote:

There's a group hobby that I've taken an interest in. While I don't have a group of friends that are interested, my husband has a group of friends that are. My husband is also going to participate, but he says he will be my biggest critic.

This hobby takes a lot of time to learn, but not very much time once at least one person knows what's going on (sorry being super vague), so I've been doing all the learning. While I read up, I'll sometimes share with my husband, who will mostly get angry and tell me the facts are stupid.

He makes up wild scenarios that don't make sense, and when I try to explain, he throws weird unrelated analogies in my face. ("Oh, X can do [completely unrelated thing] but Y can't do Z?").

I've told him this hobby is important to me, but it doesn't deter him. He has blatantly said he doesn't care, and when I say that's disrespectful, he says I'm overreacting. Which maybe I am. I don't know.

I've decided to stop sharing with him as I learn, but I'm a little bummed since this really means a lot to me. I'm worried that when it's actually time to do the hobby, he'll throw a fit and make a scene.

TL;DR: Husband doesn't respect a hobby of mine that we will be participating in soon. Am I overreacting or is he acting out of line?
I am going to assume it's some hipster board game or roleplaying thing. I still don't understand the human interactions contained within the post.

ikanreed posted:

Holy poo poo, how do you not immediately dump someone who turns out to be manipulative after less than a month?
With an 8 year age gap where the younger partner is <25 years old you expect the younger partner to be selfish and the other two traits just naturally come with it to some degree. I doubt he is being intentionally manipulative.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Khorne posted:

My [25F] husband [27M] is being really disrespectful of something I enjoy.
I think whatever the hobby is must be some weird poo poo for her to not want to share it.