Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lamb Chowder posted:

Hey bud try not to see everything someone says as raising the standard for some particular ideology but rather a more careful assessment of the issue and it's particulars. I know you're 21 so this may not be natural yet, but your body is still changing.

Hey man, at 21 I know not to write apologia for Nathan Bedford Forrest, so you can go gently caress yourself with a Confederate bayonet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

... The part where he said he'd accept the results if he won?

Because that was arguably worse than last night.

Especially since he went on to whine about riggers again anyway.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Crowsbeak posted:

Well you and tiny brontosauruses are always being assholes doesn't make me want to change my mind. In fact I was saying her story made me think. But what do you know, you both decided to be even bigger assholes.

Maybe you and her could learn something from Talmonis. Not that you will you two have always been assholes no matter what the issue is.

You know you don't treat someone worse when they start to listen at all what their saying? I may be a vulture but at least I'm not a self righteous rear end in a top hat like you three are.

I had transfiguration last night. Abuela appeared to me shimmering in white, and my heart leapt in pride for what I knew what right and good.

I today politically identify as an attack dog. My trigger words are "pro-life" and "Trump." I do not care about your feelings. I am aware of my hypocrisy in this regard. You have had ample time to change, ample time to think about what "your side" was trying to do to women. My own wife had something far less dramatic but related happen recently, and I will post to the attrition of this loving keyboard's endurance browbeating you in this thread until such a time that you repent, I get probated, or you :getout:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ogmius815 posted:

Maybe we could talk about politics instead of arguing about abortion?
:what:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

I actually was willing to listen, but then not when people are saying I deserve to die. Which Tiny did in fact say.

Also Tiny, that is a tragedy that happened to your sister in law. Still doesn't change the fact you're a horrible rear end in a top hat. Also frankly if you act this way in real life don't be surprised if failure accompanies you.

Correction, vulture. Die alone. We all die, I'm simply hoping no one in real life has to suffer your company.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

I actually was willing to listen

You're lying.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I actually was willing to listen, but then not when people are saying I deserve to die. Which Tiny did in fact say.

You tell other people they should be obligated to carry a rapist's baby. Why do you think that is less awful a thing to say?

Because this is a thing you said.

You keep dancing around that. You think a woman who is raped should be obligated legally to carry her rapist's child to term or she is a murderer.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Abortion is politics. If you think it isn't you're either a man or an rear end in a top hat

now now, that's not fair. there are women who think it's best to leave this to the men to figure out at the church dinner.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
TB's posts are at least amusing lots of times, even if she did go wakeboarding once.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I agree with you but want you to die, what now?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Abortion is politics. If you think it isn't you're either a man or an rear end in a top hat

Abortion is a political issue. This thread is really for electoral politics. We could have a different thread for abortion slap fights.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zonohedron posted:

It would be heartbreaking even at one remove, as someone's sister-in-law. It doesn't change my belief that your niece's death shouldn't have been hastened, unless your sister-in-law's life became endangered. I'm sure you'd say this makes me an empathy-less vulture; it'd be understandable if you did.

You are an empathy-less vulture. Sorry. And considering nearly all these laws are justified under some sort of religious pretense, and actively cause deaths, you directly have a hand in causing grave damage to our women's healthcare system in the name of empathy.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Quoted for a new page.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Crowsbeak posted:

I actually was willing to listen

lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

No Butt Stuff posted:

now now, that's not fair. there are women who think it's best to leave this to the men to figure out at the church dinner.

There's nothing that says a woman can't be an rear end in a top hat. I'm living proof.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://www.facebook.com/NBC4Columbus/videos/10153827217512751/ :laffo:

Reporter: We're 20 days out from the election, you've been called a racist, a sexist, how do you resp....
Trump: *brushes past reporter, starts to walk off, turns to stare directly into camera*
Trump: I AM THE LEAST RACIST PERSON YOU HAVE EVER MET

How is this not a parody? How did we get here?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

TB's posts are at least amusing lots of times, even if she did go wakeboarding once.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ogmius815 posted:

This thread is really for electoral politics.
A D&D mod can correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I legit don't think it is. I think it's a general U.S. politics thread. It just becomes about elections because our elections are six years long every four years.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
why won't anyone think of MY feelings when i'm arguing about a situation that harms countless women, i will keep this opinion forever because you were not nice to me, good day

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can someone photoshop in dread abuela riding one of the dinos, thanks

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

This makes my heart of hearts happy.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

John Hammond must be killed.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

FactsAreUseless posted:

A D&D mod can correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I legit don't think it is. I think it's a general U.S. politics thread. It just becomes about elections because our elections are six years long every four years.

Yeah, I think it's always been general US political news, but it just so happens that all the US political news is the election right now since Congress has been doing gently caress-all.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Crowsbeak posted:

Well you and tiny brontosauruses are always being assholes doesn't make me want to change my mind. In fact I was saying her story made me think. But what do you know, you both decided to be even bigger assholes.

Maybe you and her could learn something from Talmonis. Not that you will you two have always been assholes no matter what the issue is.

You know you don't treat someone worse when they start to listen at all what their saying? I may be a vulture but at least I'm not a self righteous rear end in a top hat like you three are.

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink.

I think people here suspect that you're one of the horses that won't drink.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

happyhippy posted:

TONIGHT ON THE FIVE 'IS CAT COMMUNISM RUINING AMERICA TODAY?'

Anyone who has made one catnip pile for several cats can tell you that cats are not communists

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I guess then we should have an election thread for people who want to read about and discuss election news and don't have any interest in hearing crowbeak's retrograde social views?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
"Wah, I don't want to talk about US political issues, I want to focus on the reality TV of the Donald Trump campaign, why do we have to talk about all this women and ethnic minority poo poo? :qq:"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

zonohedron posted:

I can imagine, just barely, having to wait twenty hours while my child slowly died. I can imagine the sounds of a hospital, especially the sounds of a maternity ward, and imagining hearing over the PA every time a baby was born alive, knowing my baby would not be, is heartbreaking. It would be heartbreaking even at one remove, as someone's sister-in-law. It doesn't change my belief that your niece's death shouldn't have been hastened, unless your sister-in-law's life became endangered. I'm sure you'd say this makes me an empathy-less vulture; it'd be understandable if you did.

There's no excusing the nurses calling her a murderer, not to her face, not behind her back, not in a conversation with someone else years later, though, not even if she hadn't had to wait and had chosen to have her dying child delivered immediately, but especially since she did have to do so. That is appalling; not as appalling as the situation itself, but appalling nevertheless.

Unless you've actually lost a kid this way I doubt you can properly imagine it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ogmius815 posted:

Abortion is a political issue. This thread is really for electoral politics. We could have a different thread for abortion slap fights.

1. No you are loving wrong.

2. Even if you were right. Abortion is constantly a wedge issue in our electoral politics.

3. Sorry these women issues are interrupting your reading of real man politics.

Ogmius815 posted:

I guess then we should have an election thread for people who want to read about and discuss election news and don't have any interest in hearing crowbeak's retrograde social views?

A candidate talking like Trump did about Abortion is motherfucking election news.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Life found a way.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FactsAreUseless posted:

Eh, two years out of every four, by my estimation. We argue about everything all the time, so it's kind of hard to tell.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Dexo posted:

2. Even if you were right. Abortion is constantly a wedge issue in our electoral politics.

Sorry I didn't catch that. I was distracted by all the projection going on.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm a middle aged white man trying to shut down even the discussion of abortion.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

real man political issues:

1. email - where is it
2. winning - only legitimate outcome
3. taxes - to pay or not to pay

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

That brontosaurus is unconvincingly tiny.

Also because Kate Beaton is awesome I will share this re: Nasty women boys

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=347

I feel like the previous general stability of the race is making it harder to judge how far the bottom has fallen out on Trump. Since the second debate people keep claiming at various times that "he stopped the bleeding" but I'm not sure how you would even verify that given the short time frame left.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Lightning Knight posted:

Hey man, at 21 I know not to write apologia for Nathan Bedford Forrest, so you can go gently caress yourself with a Confederate bayonet.

You're exactly as bad as those people who burn Kaepernick effigies

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Apraxin posted:

https://www.facebook.com/NBC4Columbus/videos/10153827217512751/ :laffo:

Reporter: We're 20 days out from the election, you've been called a racist, a sexist, how do you resp....
Trump: *brushes past reporter, starts to walk off, turns to stare directly into camera*
Trump: I AM THE LEAST RACIST PERSON YOU HAVE EVER MET

How is this not a parody? How did we get here?

Oh I totally forgot that he hasn't done a presser or even a non-Fox News interview in like 3 months.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

We have an entire subforum for the election.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

No Butt Stuff posted:

real man political issues:

1. email - where is it
2. winning - only legitimate outcome
3. taxes - to pay or not to pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Dexo posted:

It's a common reason for people to vote Republican even if they agree with Democrats on literally every other issue.

• Locked thread