Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

JordanKai posted:

I am actually really curious to see what Retro has been working on since Tropical Freeze.

You will love the new Metroid. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Totally hotswappable, no interruption to games, downgrades graphics in real time when you pick it up.

cool. but i bet it will crash a lot on AIDS infected badly programmed third party games.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

katkillad2 posted:

This thread certainly switched from tolerable to poo poo pretty fast.

I just want to know when I can pre-order, when someone finds out make a post noticeable enough in this sea of poo poo posting.

November 22nd.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

loquacius posted:

Now that we're done with that, can we address my very serious concerns regarding this reveal trailer, like the fact that nobody in real life actually plays video games with a look on their face like they're jizzing their pants over and over even if they're playing a really good game on an exciting new console

thats how i look when i play dead or alive (fighting or fanservice jack off game) and also my special "import titles" which will be even better now with the Switch that i can take with me into the mens room at work

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

Would unironically listen to this

The trailer makes it appear that you can hotplug it in and out, at least

peep my soundcloud bicth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Utnayan posted:

November 22nd.

I'm gonna laugh when all your random predictions end up being true

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not gonna be laughing

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

*tears streaming down face* it has...it has the right ram. our long national nightmare is finally over

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the election results are in: Nintendo Switch is the next President of the United States

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah. Someone posted a spec sheet upthread somewhere. Also has its own RAM.

Pretty sure that's made up

quote:

Nintendo continued: "The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch. The main unit of Nintendo Switch is the unit that has the LCD screen, which the two Joy-Con controllers can be attached to and detached from. The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/nintendo-confirms-amiibo-support-for-nintendo-switch-clarifies-additional-features

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zelder posted:

peep my soundcloud bicth

link that shiz homie

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Kelp Me! posted:

Cargo shorts brah

I thought you claimed to have a wife

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

"There's also the Joy Grip accessory that players can pick up..." The language implies it's a separate purchase, but I may just be jumping to conclusions.

good. that thing is ugly and i don't wanna pay for it. pro all the way for home use and/or lazy arms holding each nunchucklette miles away from each other.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Minidust posted:

"There's also the Joy Grip accessory that players can pick up..." The language implies it's a separate purchase, but I may just be jumping to conclusions.

The article doesn't cite a source other than the video and Nintendo's press release, so I think it might be an unintentionally poor choice of words on their part.

Utnayan posted:

You will love the new Metroid. :)

I hope I will!

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Hillar Clinton: "I wish some of these Trump Bros. would Nintendo Switch to the Liberal Party!"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Real hurthling! posted:

good. that thing is ugly and i don't wanna pay for it. pro all the way for home use and/or lazy arms holding each nunchucklette miles away from each other.

Finally, a gaming console that I can use to man-spread

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

JordanKai posted:

I hope I will!

Here is a quick reminder in case this was missed. It may have been, because Federation Force on 3DS didn't get a lot of attention. This hits it fairly well on the mark! :) The game itself wasn't that well designed. So I suggest reading the back story on the federation via Wiki.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/174342/20160820/nintendo-may-have-teased-metroid-prime-4-in-federation-force-post-credits-scene.htm

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hope it comes with a giant face mask for it so you can jack into the cybersphere in 15fps VR and develop neck problems

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Joy Grip doesn't seem to do anything other than physically hold two joycons together, so it doesn't seem like the essential core item people make it out to be.

Personally, I'd rather just keep a Pro Controller around instead of assembling a facsimile of one.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just tape the joycons together

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Smythe posted:

cool. but i bet it will crash a lot on AIDS infected badly programmed third party games.

So skyrim basically.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I don't mind the name Nintendo Switch, but Joy Cons and Joy Grips and whatever the gently caress else is classic Nintendo.

I am glad Nintendo are finally getting into the lucrative e-sports scene though

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Supercar Gautier posted:

The Joy Grip doesn't seem to do anything other than physically hold two joycons together, so it doesn't seem like the essential core item people make it out to be.

Personally, I'd rather just keep a Pro Controller around instead of assembling a facsimile of one.

Has a little led for each joycon when attached, wouldn't be surprised if it worked as a battery pack

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

it has two weird indicator lights on either side that make it seem like its a battery pack or something idk

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013
So how does this work? Is it just an insanely powerful handheld or is it something that transmits data over wifi/4G from your home console?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This reveal was bullshit because it didn't say anything about a standalone cube that increases the system's horsepower, somehow.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Smythe posted:

Yeah I was thinking about this. It's been rumored and I think firsthand by Ubisoft that the development is way easier than past consoles with a lot of support, so I'm wondering how the ease of developing that works into the equation. Then again, I'm not completely sold that the dock gives it extra processing capabilities as of yet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mods rename me Joycons

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Flumbooze posted:

So how does this work? Is it just an insanely powerful handheld or is it something that transmits data over wifi/4G from your home console?

Powerful handheld. It's not doing the Wii U trick, which is what you just described.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Phantasium posted:

This reveal was bullshit because it didn't say anything about a standalone cube that increases the system's horsepower, somehow.

I suspect, like most portable devices, throttle on and off the dock. I also suspect the dock also cools the tablet when its on the dock, letting it hit the max CPU\GPU speed.

I even have it hurr on dis here lappy top, a surfacebook. Truly a wonder of science.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pop in a vidcon, pop out the joycons, and get your game on :madmax:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Today is truly a blessed day, friends. I look forward to Switching it up with fellow Switch owners soon

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

you might be right but to me that just sounds like terrible wording on polygon's part

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Flumbooze posted:

As I understand it it's like an Nvidia Shield except made by a company people pay attention to

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Flumbooze posted:

we;re not selling you a handheld, and we're not selling you a console...we're selling you a concept

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

incoherent posted:

I suspect, like most portable devices, throttle on and off the dock. I also suspect the dock also cools the tablet when its on the dock, letting it hit the max CPU\GPU speed.

I even have it hurr on dis here lappy top, a surfacebook. Truly a wonder of science.

That's actually really interesting and plausible. Just a little switch to tell it, "ok full power and here's the fan."

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
There's been ramblings about how AMD is going to have a conference call with Nintendo tomorrow, possibly to give the OK to announce their third design win. This fully debunked yet?

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

I can't wait to buy this mobile-oriented console but never take it out of my house because it's so big and I can hear other people on the subway judging me for playing baby games as an adult.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Hungry Bit posted:

I can't wait to buy this mobile-oriented console but never take it out of my house because it's so big and I can hear other people on the subway judging me for playing baby games as an adult.

Just judge them back for taking the subway and not being able to get a car.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hungry Bit posted:

The refined adult baby will play games while his Tesla drives him around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They're should be a companion console called the Nintendo Bait

• Locked thread