Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wallaka posted:

Is that a LeMons car?

It must be, the interior has racing seats and a cage installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I dunno, based on the color choices it could easily be one of UF's cars.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's a Lemons car.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Falken posted:

Saw this in the Algarve, Portugal. Stood out to me because I dont see old landcruisers in Scotland, and most other older vehicles in this country either have blown clearcoats, bashed to gently caress or both.

The oddest thing about this to me is the text in Swedish on the car. Apparently some Swedish realtor i Portugal. Nice Landcruiser though!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

My mother is a huge petrolhead, and decided to drag me along to Big Boys Toys this year. I'll be sure to try and grab photos of anything I see that's suitably AI.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://twitter.com/LenosGarage/status/788847215796219904

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Missed opportunity for Veep in a Jeep.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Missed opportunity for Veep in a Jeep.

Chrysler's no longer American so it would be bad press.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Chrysler's no longer American so it would be bad press.
*Demands to see Pacifica's birth certificate*

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

*Demands to see Pacifica's birth certificate*

How dare you, peasant?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Oh Uncle Joe :allears:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sting_Ray

:mad:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Biden was so close to running for President.

We could have the best President ever.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Disappointed he didn't take his Trans Am out:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

How dare you, peasant?

I miss Gravity Falls. :'(

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So do I, it was amazingly good, kinda subversive and appealed to multiple age groups without ever talking down to any of them.

Part of wishes there were more seasons coming, but I have to applaud Alex Hirsch for having a clear ending in mind when he started it, instead of dragging it out forever with a never-ending cavalcade of crap filler episodes. It was a summer vacation, and summer vacations have to end sometime.

Soos is my spirit animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiuRv8RgaFk

"Fix it! Do it! Accidentally unscrew it!"

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 21, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've never seen that...! I'm sad it's gone but yeah I'm glad it went when it was still great. I feel like Bill Cypher could easily have his own weird little spin off show though.

"I make my own economy"

The car in that video is also superb, a lot like this. :lol:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

There are a handful of shorts like that, they're pretty good.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

This just popped up on my facebook feed, thought it was appropriate

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

This just popped up on my facebook feed, thought it was appropriate

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

...I can tell by the pixels etc etc.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mekilljoydammit posted:

Yeah, but it's an ex-race car. The people in the F40 market are looking for something they can drive on the street that doesn't have pragmatically hacked together stuff on it, while most vintage racers would say that, well, it never won anything and there's not really anywhere to race it so who cares?

It's an F40 - there's any number of rich idiots who would want one.... And there's a lot of those people who dont drive their rare car collections. It doesnt matter it's race history - its the kind of collectors vehicle that makes any cost of restoration worth it. There's been a number of F40's rebuilt from worse. Hell, some guy in Aust threw one into trees at Targa Tasmania @ beyond 200kph and it was rebuilt by Ferrari. You basically have to burn it to the ground to not be able to be restored and make your money back.

So yes, there's enough rich idiots who will care and they also wont care it's history.

Edit : Wooooow..... I shouldnt have been surprised but the F40 chassis is seriously agricultural. Thought it would be a lot more exotic and better engineered. Really strongly reminds me of a Stratos - one serious sexay until you look at the ugly box section the chassis hangs off

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Oct 21, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Both the F40 and Stratos are pretty on the outside though so it could be made from twigs and moss for all I care!

I think it's great that some cars are so rare and exotic that they can't actually be written off, it means they'll live forever despite being made of new bits or otherwise.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's an F40 - there's any number of rich idiots who would want one.... And there's a lot of those people who dont drive their rare car collections. It doesnt matter it's race history - its the kind of collectors vehicle that makes any cost of restoration worth it. There's been a number of F40's rebuilt from worse. Hell, some guy in Aust threw one into trees at Targa Tasmania @ beyond 200kph and it was rebuilt by Ferrari. You basically have to burn it to the ground to not be able to be restored and make your money back.
Yeah, in many ways, a car like that is more justified to drive hard, because there's literally nothing you can do to them that renders them beyond what you can justify repairing.

The only gotcha is that you'd lose originality, and racing cars don't really have any such thing as "originality", they get whatever the best thing at the time they need X is. They have history and provenance, but pretty much anything you do adds to that rather than detracting for it. You duck-taped some poo poo back together to get back out on the track? That's what you're supposed to do. Fix it properly afterwards or leave it, both are "right".

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Edit : Wooooow..... I shouldnt have been surprised but the F40 chassis is seriously agricultural. Thought it would be a lot more exotic and better engineered. Really strongly reminds me of a Stratos - one serious sexay until you look at the ugly box section the chassis hangs off
Oh, Gordon Murray's "What the gently caress is this poo poo?" comments on the F40's design and build are great.

"Will the McLaren F1 be your answer to the Ferrari F40?"
"I don't think we have anyone at McLaren who can weld that badly."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Car detailing place run by loving ghosts.

http://i.imgur.com/BtPM1yu.mp4

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Ferrari chassis are pretty funny. I remember seeing a wrecked 550 once - "so wait, this is basically a production kit car with a glorified ladder frame?"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Biden was so close to running for President.

We could have the best President ever.

If only Burnout Sanders hadn't taken that fateful trip to do skids.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wistful of Dollars posted:

2spooky4me

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Those door handles :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mobby_6kl posted:

Disappointed he didn't take his Trans Am out:

Smoky and the Biden lookin' sweet

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Biden's stories are my favorite on The Onion.

Biden tossed out of car passing by White House

Also, have a nice interview Biden did with Car & Driver: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/what-id-do-differently-vice-president-joe-biden-interview

Choice quotes:

quote:

C/D: Any cars recently zing you?

JB: My brother has one of those 556-hp [CTS-V] Cadillacs with a manual. He brought it down for me to eat my heart out. So I got in. I have a driveway that’s about 1700 feet long. I knew the Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it outside. So I jumped on that sucker and laid rubber.  A great feeling. That thing could probably beat my Corvette.

quote:

C/D:  Sadly, we must ask about the Onion story. While shirtless, have you ever washed a 1981 Pontiac Trans Am in your driveway?

JB: [Laughing] You think I’d drive a Trans Am? I have been in my bathing suit in my driveway and not only washed my Goodwood-green 1967 Corvette but also simonized it.  At least the Onion should have had me washing a Trans Am convertible. I love convertibles.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 21, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The thing that gets me is how nervous the secret service is about former presidents/vice presidents driving anything. There was a segment earlier this year of someone (I thought it was Leno but I can't find it now) touring the secret service's training facility where they talk about it.. once you win that election, you basically never get to drive ever again.

i certainly understand why, a highly trained guard is way less likely to slide into a ditch and if a gunfight breaks out you don't want to fuss around with switching seats, but man, I'd hate having someone grump at me every time I wanted to go for a cruise.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

The thing that gets me is how nervous the secret service is about former presidents/vice presidents driving anything. There was a segment earlier this year of someone (I thought it was Leno but I can't find it now) touring the secret service's training facility where they talk about it.. once you win that election, you basically never get to drive ever again.

i certainly understand why, a highly trained guard is way less likely to slide into a ditch and if a gunfight breaks out you don't want to fuss around with switching seats, but man, I'd hate having someone grump at me every time I wanted to go for a cruise.
That's the only thing stopping me from running for president.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The only things stopping me are my self respect and the fact that I won't be 35 till 7 months after the next swearing in.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm just saying I feel for the guys. They're still dudes, and being able to take your mid life crisis mobile out for a burger is a fundamental right of any dude.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

That's the only thing stopping me from running for president.

"No Mr. President, you can not run a "shade tree" garage for you and your buddies out of the White House."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

xzzy posted:

Meanwhile, in the UK:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Good dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?