Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mokinokaro posted:

The base was also close enough for Coulson to have quick access to Washington (though I don't think they've really spelled out how fast Quinnjets go.)

Nice to see they didn't pull some silliness of Daisy being the team's enemy for half a season or more. Same with Robbie.

The more I see of him the more I like him and I hope they find some way for GR to stick around.

Same. Robbie is quickly becoming a favorite though Simmons rocked that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

sticklefifer posted:

It was absolutely intentional. Several of James's lines in this episode were directly taken from Overwatch:
"Stop me if you've heard this one before."
"This bomb's for you!"
"Well that's a fine how-do-you-do."
"It's a perfect night for a little mayhem!"
"I'm on fire! Well, more than usual."

:aaa: I need to rewatch the episode to catch them. And since Robbie's brother is named Gabriel Reyes, he'snow going to turn into an edgy ghost.

Also I'm not sure how far in advance the script was written, but I could swear that the hacking plan was a nod to season 2 of Mr. Robot, except that Simmons had a much easier time than Angela.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 19, 2016

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Blazing Ownager posted:

When she started the "She's beautiful!" thing I was going 'Oh no, no misunderstanding relationship drama, for fucks sake, please, no misunderstanding relationshi--- oh, awesome, they're totally not doing that."

Credit to the show, they set it up like this in the first episode. Fitz's avoidance with telling Simmons about it wasn't fear of jealousy. He stated in the first episode that she had to take regular polygraph tests, so she wouldn't be able to keep Ada a secret from the Director, which was a must after what happened with Ultron.

Then this episode he was immediately proven right, and you could see how sad she was about having to reveal it as soon as he mentioned it.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

bloodychill posted:

I think they were in Virginia because there's no way that fireworks stand would exist in California.

I probably misheard but I think Coulson said they were heading to Baltimore to check in on James

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blazing Ownager posted:

When she started the "She's beautiful!" thing I was going 'Oh no, no misunderstanding relationship drama, for fucks sake, please, no misunderstanding relationshi--- oh, awesome, they're totally not doing that."

The way she initially said it sounded like she was warming up to say "Hell, I'd sleep with her!" :stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Now that Mace has taken S.H.I.E.L.D. public again, I think this would be a great time to bring Bobbi & Hunter back into the fold.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mokinokaro posted:

The more I see of him the more I like him and I hope they find some way for GR to stick around.

Now there's a spinoff I have all the enthusiasm for.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Here's the comparison of a few lines from James and Junkrat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZpyExV46-4
And here's the writer confirming it https://reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/58a046/agents_of_shield_bomb_expert_seemed_to_be_quoting/d8yzg1z

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Uggghhgghh nerds.

Let's talk about comic book stuff instead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Coulson just has Littlefinger's teleporter from GoT.

I'm glad they've gotten the band back together already, obviously next episode will feature some explaining about Daisy being back to the director, who will probably accept what she was doing being Inhuman himself. Maybe cook up some story about it being deep cover or something. The shows good at not dragging stuff like that out too long.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

twistedmentat posted:

Coulson just has Littlefinger's teleporter from GoT.

I'm glad they've gotten the band back together already, obviously next episode will feature some explaining about Daisy being back to the director, who will probably accept what she was doing being Inhuman himself. Maybe cook up some story about it being deep cover or something. The shows good at not dragging stuff like that out too long.

Is she back? It seems like she's in a semi-detained, semi-cooperating state like Reyes.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 4: "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire"

http://i.imgur.com/UNL70Sx.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/9HCRShP.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/qzCp2K3.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/VLVexSj.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/r1IViF1.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ABOuZDC.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/C84GX4h.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/W32YcmR.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/BK1dwQk.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/EPqDHxf.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/XIjCdWN.gifv

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 20, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Never stop doing those gifs :thumbsup:

One question about the episode - so it turns out that the Aussie guy was responsible for the Watchdogs hacking into the :airquote: secure :airquote: server with the list of all the names and up to date locations by, uh, giving them access to his watch.

Who loving designed this system and thought that would be a good idea?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Gorilla Salad posted:

Never stop doing those gifs :thumbsup:

One question about the episode - so it turns out that the Aussie guy was responsible for the Watchdogs hacking into the :airquote: secure :airquote: server with the list of all the names and up to date locations by, uh, giving them access to his watch.

I don't know that he was responsible for it. They used him to set a honeypot for Daisy, who had been loving up their poo poo lately. I didn't get the impression that they used the watch to back-door the server, though I might have missed it. I'm thinking a later episode will see a mole hunt instead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nah, they said something about James letting them use his watch.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

I don't know that he was responsible for it. They used him to set a honeypot for Daisy, who had been loving up their poo poo lately. I didn't get the impression that they used the watch to back-door the server, though I might have missed it. I'm thinking a later episode will see a mole hunt instead.

He outright says he was responsible for it, and then goes on at length about how he hates in humans, including himself, and wants to see them killed. He even says he plans to be the last inhuman to die.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I watch the show on DVR every week now, but oh man this last episode was excellent. But I'm loving everything to do with Ghost Rider way more than I thought I would. I've never read Ghost Rider comics, but now I think I want to go back and read up more on him.

Chokes McGee posted:

God drat I love how everyone on this show acts like a loving adult. (Daisy's emo phase not withstanding) Even when SHIELD/NuSHIELD was at it's worse, they were still acting in reasonable ways you could respect.

Amen to this.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Stan S. Stanman posted:

He outright says he was responsible for it, and then goes on at length about how he hates in humans, including himself, and wants to see them killed. He even says he plans to be the last inhuman to die.

James isn't a good enough actor to carry a lead villain position so there's undoubtedly more bad dudes in the Watch Dogs, probably red skull

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm not really feeling the whole self-loathing thing for James. I can't make the connection to how he went from the character we saw last season to what we saw in this episode. I don't know if there's going to be more to it that's explained later, if I'm missing something, or if it's just forcing a character to act in a way that's not in line with that character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's got the Hivvy.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I can imagine being effectively mind controlled into killing people and planning for genocide while remembering it all as being a willing participant would mess someone up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Somebody forgot to sanitize their inputs. Daisy could have put everyone in the wind by putting in the watch's location as DROP TABLE Inhumans;

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jamesman posted:

I'm not really feeling the whole self-loathing thing for James. I can't make the connection to how he went from the character we saw last season to what we saw in this episode. I don't know if there's going to be more to it that's explained later, if I'm missing something, or if it's just forcing a character to act in a way that's not in line with that character.

Consider how Daisy is acting right now. Debatably, she got to this point after dragging herself through Hive withdrawals. Blames herself for a lot of what happened, has darkened considerably because of it.

James wanted powers because he thought it'd be cool. And it was cool! But then he killed a lot of people and did horrible things, and now he doesn't think it's very cool any more.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Consider how Daisy is acting right now. Debatably, she got to this point after dragging herself through Hive withdrawals. Blames herself for a lot of what happened, has darkened considerably because of it.

James wanted powers because he thought it'd be cool. And it was cool! But then he killed a lot of people and did horrible things, and now he doesn't think it's very cool any more.

James also had to deal with the Hive shakes, and they even said in the show that he took it worse than Daisy. To go from murder and genocide and loving every minute of it to feeling nothing but emptiness and contemplating the wretchedness of your own actions... I'd say that's a very sensible place to turn to self-loathing nihilism.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

I'd say that's a very sensible place to turn to self-loathing nihilism.

hell that's the only way I can get up in the morning

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doronin posted:

I watch the show on DVR every week now, but oh man this last episode was excellent. But I'm loving everything to do with Ghost Rider way more than I thought I would. I've never read Ghost Rider comics, but now I think I want to go back and read up more on him.

Hell yes you do. Danny Ketch 4 lyfe!

(Also Robbie Reyes 4 lyfe now that they've well and truly messed the Ketch storyline up real good.)

Jamesman posted:

Most of the time he was under Hive's control, if I remember correctly.

Spergatory posted:

James also had to deal with the Hive shakes, and they even said in the show that he took it worse than Daisy. To go from murder and genocide and loving every minute of it to feeling nothing but emptiness and contemplating the wretchedness of your own actions... I'd say that's a very sensible place to turn to self-loathing nihilism.

Dammit. Beaten.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Spergatory posted:

Add to all that, he wasn't a particularly likeable person even before he had powers. And not having friends or much support after all that can compound that bitterness and self-loathing.

E: this should have been explained better in the show, but its a completely logical turn for the character.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hell yes you do. Danny Ketch 4 lyfe!
(Also Robbie Reyes 4 lyfe now that they've well and truly messed the Ketch storyline up real good.)

Dan Ketch was the best ghostrider until marvel went retarded with the series. The first 20 or so issues were gold.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

Error 404 posted:

Add to all that, he wasn't a particularly likeable person even before he had powers. And not having friends or much support after all that can compound that bitterness and self-loathing.

E: this should have been explained better in the show, but its a completely logical turn for the character.

That's fair. Also something I totally forgot about that also totally impacts James' motivation: Hive was technically an Inhuman. I kinda forget that he wasn't just Ward and/or a space monster.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

The way she initially said it sounded like she was warming up to say "Hell, I'd sleep with her!" :stare:

Ha, that would've been great.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, I don't think the episode handled James very well. I get the reasoning and it all makes sense, but it was really bad at conveying it beyond trying to have a twist.

Finally watched the episode and glad the team is back together without some silly drama between them.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't think it was posted here, but they did a fun preview of the car chase scene from the last episode : https://twitter.com/IamGabrielLuna/status/788616350457556994

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They posted a clip from next week's episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMuxklJMTMM. Heyyyy, I know that voice, Garrus!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

howe_sam posted:

They posted a clip from next week's episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMuxklJMTMM. Heyyyy, I know that voice, Garrus!

He god drat better say "Calibrating" when setting up the machine.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

He god drat better say "Calibrating" when setting up the machine.

With AoS writing being what it is, I'd say the chances of that happening are really drat high.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

howe_sam posted:

omg my space boyfriend is going to be on the show

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

omg my space boyfriend is going to be on the show

Is there a reason two or three posters are talking about the interrogator? Has he been on something notable before?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

Is there a reason two or three posters are talking about the interrogator? Has he been on something notable before?

He voiced the character Garrus in the Mass Effect video game series. He's guested in a bunch of shows and does commercials but has never really had anything that big since.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

Can't talk now.

Calibrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

howe_sam posted:

it's almost as if directly below the video is a reference to one of his most notable roles

• Locked thread