Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I drink alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

I drink alcohol.

:cheerdoge:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A good game to play while drinking is Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Warfare.

Because your accuracy will be unaffected.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Chomp8645 posted:

I drink alcohol.
Heh. Yeah, you would.
*pulls up sleeves to reveal that dumb, stylized 'x' stamped onto a flabby bicep*
Im Straight Edge :smug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After being OK with pretty much every IPA under the sun, once I tried a couple of Pliny the Elders during a San Fransisco trip nothing has come close. Stone's Ruination Double IPA is about the only relatively easy to find one I've been able to live with, everything else is just "...well, you tried."

If you want a good starter wheat beer I recommend Allagash White!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tap my mountain posted:

A good way to start on stouts is with Left Hand's Milk Stout. It's so smooth and creamy even people who hate beer will like it.

I'm not really an alcohol person but I went out and got a 6-pack of this because it sounded real good after looking it up, and it is!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I prefer Lagers and really heavy Stouts, though there's nothing wrong with any type of beer. A good stout is amazing though, it sits so heavily in your stomach and it's thick as hell.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

I drink alcohol.

Hehe. same

I need to quit though, I've been regaining weight and it's one of the worst things for it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i look forward to buying a Switch and eventually owning as many as 10 utterly loving fantastic games for it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't drink alcohol but i do enjoy a good mountain dew 20oz on the weekend. otherwise just water

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

tap my mountain posted:

Cider is legit and the people who pretend it's a baby drink are dumbasses. I love me some dry rear end Granny Smith Woodchuck

Same with fruit beers. I used to think they were girly, which admittedly is a dumb and sexist thing to think but it's also wrong since fruit mixed with beers is ancient. But anyway some of the best beers I've ever had are fruit beers. I had a strawberry rhubarb one last year that was so good and a local brewery makes batches of Donkey Venom every now and then that is a chocolate and raspberry dessert heaven.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah beer's good

precision posted:

i look forward to buying a Switch and eventually owning as many as 10 utterly loving fantastic games for it

Why don't you shut the gently caress up about this stupid bullshit and talk about beer?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I stopped drinking beer a while ago, because of scoliosis I sometimes take lots of pain pills and I don't hate my liver enough to mix alcohol and acetamenophen

When I do drink these days, I like a good red wine or a single malt Scotch. But really it's weed and Vicodin all the way down

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

I drink alcohol.

Same. I tend to like stouts and porters for beer, but my favorite is scotch. i like the smokier stuff. sláinte, gamers.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

I stopped drinking beer a while ago, because of scoliosis I sometimes take lots of pain pills and I don't hate my liver enough to mix alcohol and acetamenophen

When I do drink these days, I like a good red wine or a single malt Scotch. But really it's weed and Vicodin all the way down

i got put on some muscle relaxants for my back for awhile and i thought it would be not drinking alcohol that got to me for the month it happened, but it was not drinking coffee that truly got to me. now i am in physical therapy and do exercises instead. coffee and beer are good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'll have a water on the rocks

Whoa, slow down there, tiger.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like beer for the taste, but water is hella good. It's like your body is designed to enjoy it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

I like beer for the taste, but water is hella good. It's like your body is designed to enjoy it.

i also enjoy water and, heck, once in awhile, a nice cool glass of lemonade.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Uhh dude? Like lemonade is my favorite. Let's hang sometime.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'll have a water on the rocks

filtered, sparkling, or tap?

Lobok posted:

Same with fruit beers. I used to think they were girly, which admittedly is a dumb and sexist thing to think but it's also wrong since fruit mixed with beers is ancient. But anyway some of the best beers I've ever had are fruit beers. I had a strawberry rhubarb one last year that was so good and a local brewery makes batches of Donkey Venom every now and then that is a chocolate and raspberry dessert heaven.

"girly" drinks objectively taste better than "manly" drinks so yeah good on you!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Looper posted:

"girly" drinks objectively taste better than "manly" drinks so yeah good on you!

it depends. like appletinis and that whole school of cocktails are fuckin' delicious, but some of the supposedly manly drinks, like whiskey and dark beer, are really good

Snooze Cruise posted:

Uhh dude? Like lemonade is my favorite. Let's hang sometime.

there's no party like a lemon party!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't really care for IPAs.

Mother is really good. I like dark beers and stouts. Oatmeal stouts especially. Left Hand is really good, and they make a bottled nitro thats rrally nice.

Probably my favorite beer is Old Rasputin Imperial Stout. I mean thete are more expensive.ore fancier beers that Ive tried that are better, but for a "I want to spend ten dollars on 4 beers", Old Rasputin is where it's at.

Ciders are also good. I'll drink either woodchuck or angry orchard, generally whichever has the granny smith flavor available.

The best bourbon you can get for about $25 is Buffalo Trace.

Right now I'm drinking red wine mixed with pink lemonade. Because when I drink wine I only drink about the same amount as I would if I were drinking bourbon, so it's way easier on my liver.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I like Left Hand.

I can't drink ciders for some reason. At first I thought it was an acquired taste thing, but I just don't like most of them. I dunno why!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm having a drink right now while playing Atlas Reactor.

Good drink, good game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's taken me 30+ hours, but I finally hit winter in year one of Stardew Valley! :woop:

This game gets really long if you spend a lot of time using a wiki and looking things up, ahaha.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ciders are great but most of the filth you can buy these days, at least in the US, is overly sugary crap. I loving loved Strongbow back when they'd sell the regular/dry version.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
They still sell dry Strongbow, you just have to look for it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I haven't seen it in years in MA :(

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I welcome the coming hops shortage so that maybe the beer aisles at stores will stop being 3/4 IPAs. Good lord that fad of horrible beers needs to die.

Also porters generally and some stouts should be treated more like dessert beers.

Yeah. I don't begrudge people who like them, but I don't care for them, and it's always disappointing to see a huge selection of beers and then, upon inspection, realized that they are 60% IPAs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
True story, I once asked for "whiskey and water" at a bar and the girl asked "how do you make that?" :psyduck:

I used to like IPAs a lot but if I do drink beer these days it's usually a stout.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

True story, I once asked for "whiskey and water" at a bar and the girl asked "how do you make that?" :psyduck:

It was her polite way of asking why you want your whiskey ruined.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I haven't seen it in years in MA :(

I know people in Somerville who buy it, although I don't know where. You'd think the packie near the grocery store formerly known as Johnnie's would only sell the sugar-stuff, but who knows? I still couldn't get behind dry Strongbow, though. It's been suggested as my gateway cider and I didn't like it. I guess I'll always just be missing out and have broke taste buds in that specific way.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I put a little bit of water in my whiskey, but I would never trust someone else to do it.

Just order a glass of water on the side. If you have a straw, you can use it to easily plop a few, to a few dozen, drops into your drink according to your taste.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

chumbler posted:

*nods*

I had to explain to a bartender how to make a martini once, though. It was really loud so I kept thinking she couldn't hear me, but no. I gave up trying to shout the drink recipe over the music and just asked for straight gin. It was that kind of night

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bicyclops posted:

*nods*

I had to explain to a bartender how to make a martini once, though. It was really loud so I kept thinking she couldn't hear me, but no. I gave up trying to shout the drink recipe over the music and just asked for straight gin. It was that kind of night

Gin or vodka?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mordja posted:

Gin or vodka?

Gin. I thought that was what she was asking for awhile. She was like "Martini? What martini?" And I said "Gin," and she said "Uh..... just gin??" and there was a line behind me so i just caved and got myself a hefty loving serving of gin. She had to have been covering for somebody and had no idea what she was doing. later an actual fist fight broke out on the dance floor of the place and we left. i wish i could remember the name of the place, but i had a few more "martinis" before we left and i sort of had a falling out with the people i left with. i want to find out of it got shut down because uh... it should have been.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like rum

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Do a contest for whoever can do a sillier rendition of the vocals in Enter the Gun!

Jay Rust posted:

Beat a level of a game you love with your eyes closed

Ok, both of you won a copy of Enter The Gungeon

Go ahead and hit me up on steam. Here is my account.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fatblackjcdenton/

I'll gift them to you then :)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rum and iced tea are the ingredients to a little drink I like to call "oh no how did I get so drunk so fast"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

We had like 14 people over in late September and two of them left rum and Ginger Beer, so Dark and Stormies have been the cocktail of choice for my wife and I during the Presidential debates.

Rum is also good for if you have a bunch of juice or mixers and what to say "gently caress it!" and throw a bunch in a blender with ice.

• Locked thread