Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Agrajag posted:

wait, what? he really shows up to these event without bothering to pay? that's some ballsy poo poo.

In the New York aristocracy, it's vitally important to play at philanthropy - schmoozing at charity events and dinners and opera and whatnot as you give away a pittance of your wealth that's tax deductible is how you (far more importantly than however much money you spend) make friends and contacts, wheel and deal and gain influence and statue. The noveau riche can and do play the New York high society game just fine, Mark Cuban for example.

Trump continually insisted on never giving away a cent and making monetary profit on everything. That is simply not how the game is played with the New York and Washington aristocracy, and Trump's never understood that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Boon posted:

I still don't understand why Cruz folded after so publicly making his stand.

Did the Texas GOP promise to gut him if he didn't?

This announcement was made by Reince Preibus on September 18th:

Candidates who don't back Trump may not be allowed to run again, RNC chairman says

Cruz endorsed Trump 5 days later.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

There's so much about this election to love, but my favorite part as of right now is watching my most ardent Gary Johnson supporting Facebook friend have an absolute meltdown. Dude is spouting off that our grandchildren will be worse off than 19th century slaves if we don't stand up and put a stop to this now.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Boon posted:

Cruz genuinely thought he had seized the mantle of being the darling tea-party anti-establishment outsider, because he's an idiot who didn't understand just how fickle and dumb the tea party actually is.

As soon as he turned on Trump he became "the establishment," panicked, and tried to pivot way too late after the damage was done.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What army does she play?

Uh, Sisters of Battle, why do you even need to ask?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Boon posted:

Basically. His polling showed it was massively unpopular and he was looking at getting primaried, and remember that Trump was kinda looking like he was coming back because it was right before the debate. I'm guessing he was banking on the same thing we were all arzying about : That the Media was going to be super eager to declare a Trump Upset in the debate.

Instead he got dumpsters and so did Cruz.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Agrajag posted:

wait, what? he really shows up to these event without bothering to pay? that's some ballsy poo poo.

He tried to crash Chelsea Clinton's wedding because he invited the Clintons to his and assumed the invitation didn't reach him. I think someone purposefully gave him wrong directions so he didn't make it.

In other news, Conway is so ready to bail on this whole thing....
https://twitter.com/evil_mara/status/789278268926988288
https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/789281519777046528

Chemtrailologist fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 21, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Boon posted:

Mercers told him to

hexenmexen
May 15, 2016

by exmarx

Quest For Glory II posted:

you fell for an o'keefe video

Not as bad as Robert Creamer and Scott Foval.

Bamboozled!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
LOL If you think that Hillary Clinton plays anything other than Tyranids.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Kaiju15 posted:

There's so much about this election to love, but my favorite part as of right now is watching my most ardent Gary Johnson supporting Facebook friend have an absolute meltdown. Dude is spouting off that our grandchildren will be worse off than 19th century slaves if we don't stand up and put a stop to this now.

So what? The heat death of the universe is going to happen.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Boon posted:

The polling turned violently against him as soon as he went anti-Trump, because he relies on the same base of support as Trump does.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I think now that it is very difficult to worry about Hillary losing the election, we can start worrying about her being impeached by a rabidly idiotic Republican House immediately after she is inaugurated.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I suspect if Trump hadn't been running for President he'd have been able to do fine at something like the Al Smith dinner roasting. He's an experienced entertainer.

The guy's a mess right now though. This whole last month has been a slow motion train wreck for him. Not only is it becoming increasingly clear that he's likely to lose the election in a massive blowout and there's nothing he can do to prevent it anymore, but also as a result of his presidential ambitions, all his sleazy behavior over the years is starting to come to light. His name and brand, his main assets, are poo poo now because of his presidential run. Things may even be difficult at home because of his lovely behavior becoming public knowledge and his wife getting arm twisted into having to defend him on TV.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of shouting, anger and turmoil in his campaign staff meetings or whatever passes for them. The national campaign guy being announced as off the campaign during the Al Smith event is another sign of that. Maybe the guy got sick of the bullshit and quit, or Trump fired him in anger.

He's probably a complete ball of rage, no way to be the charming entertainer under those circumstances.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm an atheist, but I still bow my head or do whatever other gesture is respectful depending on the religion of the hosts because I'm not a giant shitheel who thinks people are lesser humans because they have a different religion. Like, you don't actually have to pray when your head is bowed, you can replay funny cat gifs in your mind or whatever. Just try to show some basic respect.

You're basing this off a single picture. I bet he put his head down when he realized everyone else had theirs down.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Just how important was the guy that just left?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hollismason posted:

LOL If you think that Hillary Clinton plays anything other than Tyranids.

She's dead to me, the most overpowered army aside from Tau. loving trash army for noob fuckers.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Stereotype posted:

I think now that it is very difficult to worry about Hillary losing the election, we can start worrying about her being impeached by a rabidly idiotic Republican House immediately after she is inaugurated.

Why should we worry about a sure thing?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Stereotype posted:

It's not gonna be an issue because the Dems are gonna control the House.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Zwabu posted:

I suspect if Trump hadn't been running for President he'd have been able to do fine at something like the Al Smith dinner roasting. He's an experienced entertainer.

The guy's a mess right now though. This whole last month has been a slow motion train wreck for him. Not only is it becoming increasingly clear that he's likely to lose the election in a massive blowout and there's nothing he can do to prevent it anymore, but also as a result of his presidential ambitions, all his sleazy behavior over the years is starting to come to light. His name and brand, his main assets, are poo poo now because of his presidential run. Things may even be difficult at home because of his lovely behavior becoming public knowledge and his wife getting arm twisted into having to defend him on TV.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of shouting, anger and turmoil in his campaign staff meetings or whatever passes for them. The national campaign guy being announced as off the campaign during the Al Smith event is another sign of that. Maybe the guy got sick of the bullshit and quit, or Trump fired him in anger.

He's probably a complete ball of rage, no way to be the charming entertainer under those circumstances.

I don't know, even at his celebrity roast he banned jokes about his wealth. Dude is thin skinned.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

The Russian Army is a rusting pile of scrap metal, their economy is in shambles, and Germany alone could stand up to them and do just fine if they wanted to. Any war would escalate to nuclear otherwise and Putin values his power. He's just sabre rattling.

Edit: there is no such thing as ethical warfare. There is just the decisions we make to end war quickly and minimize casualties as much as possible.

Germany certainly could be capable, but they've basically disarmed since reunification. Their military is a shell of what it was in 1991.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Is this her trying to appear relatively sane for future job prospects?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ErIog posted:

You're basing this off a single picture. I bet he put his head down when he realized everyone else had theirs down.
I dont think Trump has ever closed his eyes, if he did that he wouldn't be able to see if anyone's looking at him

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

KittenofDoom posted:

Is this her trying to appear relatively sane for future job prospects?

This is apparently something of a recurring theme with her Twitter so... yes?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Night10194 posted:

In charge of all the ground game nationwide I believe

So

not a big loss

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Quest For Glory II posted:

I dont think Trump has ever closed his eyes, if he did that he wouldn't be able to see if anyone's looking at him

I dunno. His eyes got pretty small when he was seething during the debates. It looked like his eyelids were trying to suck the life out of his eyes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Epic High Five posted:

So

not a big loss

On one hand, this is quite true considering his ground game.

On the other, that guy throwing up his hands and scampering off 20 days out? lol.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Night10194 posted:

He was the guy in charge of Trump's GOTV operation :unsmigghh:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Epic High Five posted:

So

not a big loss

What are both of the people he was managing going to do now? :(

edit: what was his name?

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 21, 2016

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Night10194 posted:

On one hand, this is quite true considering his ground game.

On the other, that guy throwing up his hands and scampering off 20 days out? lol.

once one rat starts to bail the rest generally tend to follow no? i'm excited to see who else leaves.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Lamb Chowder posted:

The Avignon presidency.

Most Exellency.

"I'm warmly interested to introduce, His Own Most Honored, and The President of The United States of the Greater Council Bluffs and Much of The Surrounding Television and Radio Broadcast Areas: Most Monsignor Donald Trump!"

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Hillary only played Epic: Armageddon with fluffy lists that nonetheless manage to kick rear end in the board, and is probably one of a handful of people that actually got an Inquisitor campaign going. She totally dropped the whole thing after predicting the coming of Age of Sigmar years in advance.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Agrajag posted:

She's dead to me, the most overpowered army aside from Tau. loving trash army for noob fuckers.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

Isn't not being able to handle a roast the reason he got so into this in the first place?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

Will the republicans be taking any losses in the house this go-round?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheBigAristotle posted:

Isn't not being able to handle a roast the reason he got so into this in the first place?

Yes.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

hexenmexen posted:

I finally figured this out. (Brushes off keyboard)

Hillary Clinton is the best. She makes the good jokes. Ha ha.

Donald Trump is dumb because he says dumb stuff.

Clinton is better because she plays Warhammer and is a deeply misunderstood person. Who ever wrote her jokes is funny!

I like Hillary Clinton.

(Oh geez i hope everyone approves of me and my wooords)
delete your account

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Anyone no of any significance to the good Cardinal's removal of his zucchetto before, during, and until just after the Trump Bomb?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Stereotype posted:

I do worry that she won't be able to do enough good without even the two years of a non-hostile Congress that Obama had to fulfill the whole "People like re-electing more than electing her" thing.

gently caress, if we can't get the House back in a landslide year where the Republcian candidate isn't helping and in some cases I'd actively fighting downticket members of his own party, when can we get it back? Do we have to hope that the next Republican to be elected president only destroys the country just enough to create a midterm wave against them? Hope that Trump and the deplorables are broken in such a specific way that they take the nomination again? If Hillary wins in 2020, will the Democrats control states that can undo the gerrymandering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I bet Hilldawg plays Eldar, solely so she can drop the D all over.

• Locked thread