Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TsarZiedonis posted:

IIRC, the Korean government made it illegal to tell prospective mothers the sex or their fetuses in ultrasound checks until like super late into the pregnancy. Or something like that.

that's correct, but I meant the "foreigner steal our women!" idea, which exists in all three of those places without the one child policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

this is a stickup posted:

that's correct, but I meant the "foreigner steal our women!" idea, which exists in all three of those places without the one child policy

You know that happens in every country on the planet, right? Like how oblivious do you have to be...

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

THE PWNER posted:

It's not like you'd know, estadounidense. Conversation with anyone from anywhere in the world usually goes name > where from > what do you do > so aren't those Americans retarded > complete agreement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcqrAopaLs&t=40s

raton fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 21, 2016

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You know that happens in every country on the planet, right? Like how oblivious do you have to be...

out of curiosity can you cite an incidence of this happening in the united states? i'd genuinely like to see it if you can.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

But sometimes the foreigners don't want to steal the women...

She better stay away from Carolina or she's going to get her shoulders bbq'd

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Stringent posted:

out of curiosity can you cite an incidence of this happening in the united states? i'd genuinely like to see it if you can.

white americans are more worried about black guys stealing their women

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

this is a stickup posted:

I said it's justified in the chinese case. Who cares about Korea, Japan and Taiwan. Where even are they

I mean here in Australia we have a literal neo nazi movement that believes that muslims are trying to breed white people out of the gene pool anyway

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Stringent posted:

It was literally illegal for non whites to marry white people for the majority of the United States' history you loving moron.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Stringent posted:

bad hombres taking our nasty women

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Outrail posted:

Would you please describe the aairiag.. Aarig.. Aghrighig...fermented milk thing as best you can? Can you get drunk on it without puking?

I tried getting wasted off lehing (sp?) in Borneo which may or may not have been milk based and it was just poo poo.

Fake edit: no it was rice based and poo poo. How could fermented milk be a good Idea?

If you want to drink horse milk you pretty much have to ferment it. It's much higher in sugars than cow milk which makes it more appropriate for fermenting, but if you drink it raw it has a strong laxative effect. You need to get that lactose converted into lactic acid and ethanol.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Jeoh posted:

bad hombres taking our nasty women

Guilty as charged.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Expecting self awareness from a bunch of losers that flew half way around the planet just so they could get laid without girls laughing at their dick is a bit of a pipe dream.

Cato, the important question is, if your cabbage grows better if you harrangue it daily.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
drat really wish I could remember that guys name. It would be more interesting than this bullshit.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

nickmeister posted:

drat really wish I could remember that guys name. It would be more interesting than this bullshit.

yah then you could read about a sex tourist who affirms your preexisting viewpoint

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Stringent posted:

Somebody's doing the raping!

Now, this is substantively different than the other idea because of power dynamics and the framing of "white dudes seducing are wimminz with their... who knows" vs. those dirty foreign criminals, but it's the closest thing I can think of, unless you want to count people bitching about British dudes coming over for an exchange year in college and getting laid just off their accents.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

It was literally illegal for non whites to marry white people for the majority of the United States' history you loving moron.

those were americans, not foreigners, you racist

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
:greencube: lol

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Jesus christ, even Modest Mao was better than this poo poo

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Please stop quoting people on our ignore lists

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

fish and chips and dip posted:

I love that there is a Wiki article on "logic in China" and it opens with

People are usually hesitant or think I'm outright racist when I try and explain how what the rest of the world considers "logic" is almost entirely absent in China. When I explain a scenario or two they will usually reply with "oh, that's just an isolated case" then I break out my phone and show them that exact passage. They read it then look at me with confusion and say, "It can't still be that bad", to which I usually nod sagely.

TsarZiedonis posted:

IIRC, the Korean government made it illegal to tell prospective mothers the sex or their fetuses in ultrasound checks until like super late into the pregnancy. Or something like that.

It is still illegal to tell the sex of a foetus or baby right up until the birth in Korea, but if the ultrasound technician gets the vibe from you that you don't care about the sex, or if they find that you already had a boy they will give you little cues or hints to let you know.

The first time my friend and his wife had a child they were inquiring about the sex and the tech must have felt good about them and said, "you must raise this one very pretty" (turned out to be a girl).
The next time they were having a child the tech told them to buy some blue clothes (turned out to be a boy).
Third time both of the kids were in the room with them and the tech outright said, "poor Ian (their son's name) he is going to be outnumbered" (they had another daughter).

On the other hand his wife's sister was having a girl, and her parents were there as well and the tech never even acknowledged their questioning because it was early in the pregnancy and the potential grandparents must have given off a vibe he didn't like (grandparents are really bad at pressuring for abortions). Irony being that her dad was hoping for a granddaughter with his fingers crossed every time.

THE PWNER posted:

I said it's justified in the chinese case. Who cares about Korea, Japan and Taiwan. Where even are they

I mean here in Australia we have a literal neo nazi movement that believes that muslims are trying to breed white people out of the gene pool anyway

LOL, like you have to try. Just having 2 kids per couple is pretty much akin to being in the quiverfull movement compared to most predominantly white countries.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

THE PWNER posted:

yah then you could read about a sex tourist who affirms your preexisting viewpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uJxyZqWos

:greencube:

"maybe i'm overestimating, but every white male who comes to southeast asia, there's like a 80-90% chance he is a pedophile or wants to engage in prostitution" lmao

The Great Autismo! fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 21, 2016

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Jack2142 posted:

Since 1898,

I wonder how long it will take Duarte to declare martial law and become the dictator successor to Ferdinand Marcos the second most successfull Cold War Banana Republic Dictator!

do you know how the term banana republic originated? you might want to read up, it could give you insight as to why duterte would want to distance himself from the US

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

diamond dog posted:

do you know how the term banana republic originated? you might want to read up, it could give you insight as to why duterte would want to distance himself from the US

Duterte is a fool if he thinks the Chinese yoke will not be worse than the American one. The guy's been bought and paid for by the Chinese, just like others were bought and paid for by the Americans. Noble ideals about independence and history rarely factor in to the nitty gritty of politicians' plans.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stuntman posted:

He's from the China thread, they have a bizarre hate-on for non-western cultures over there.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

diamond dog posted:

Yeah except the US isn't taking the Phillipines resources or trying to steal territory from them, it's China and they're only going to get worse now that they've been invited in.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Please don't encourage diamond dog to post ever Tia

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
rude

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Great Autismo! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uJxyZqWos

:greencube:

"maybe i'm overestimating, but every white male who comes to southeast asia, there's like a 80-90% chance he is a pedophile or wants to engage in prostitution" lmao

Did this guy record himself saying the video twice to a metronome and then intercut the two videos? In any case it's not a good sign when the pedo you're talking about looks more normal than you do.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Whoa... Baby Helldump. Hahaha.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also lol @ there being no Asian pedophiles in SE Asia.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yeah except the US isn't taking the Phillipines resources or trying to steal territory from them, it's China and they're only going to get worse now that they've been invited in.

Like vampires?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Despite recent history if anyone is seriously arguing that the Philippines is better off getting into bed with China than America, or that that would somehow be less disgusting, they've got their head jammed way up their rear end.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Like vampires?

yeah except these ones hop around

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
typical asian guy mad that white guys are stealing all the 8-year-olds

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

diamond dog posted:

typical asian guy mad that white guys are stealing all the 8-year-olds

lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yeah, it's somehow worse than the worst that the US has historically had to offer. We're gonna need a new term for a banana republic with Chinese characteristics.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah, it's somehow worse than the worst that the US has historically had to offer. We're gonna need a new term for a banana republic with Chinese characteristics.
Dragonfruit Vassal

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Hell, they think that the mining waste (crushed rock and earth) from some Chinese operated nickel mines in the Philippines was actually used to create a stable base for some of the islands the Chinese are building to encroach on Philippine territorial waters.

This is just Duterte getting his feelings hurt by Obama for being criticized for legalizing random murders, and being able to spin the money he got from Chinese backers in a positive light. The average Filipino who voted for him is going to believe whatever he says, and if he said that the US has been intentionally keeping their country poor and cheating them at every turn, and that China is going to make them all millionaires, they will eat it up.

So has anyone started a "Duterte has a fatal accident" pool yet? I'm going to put my money on 2-3 months into Hillary's term.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I legit love watching Duterte. He's got excellent quotes, extra judicial murder squads. He just doesn't have a good signature look otherwise he's a grade A Pacific islander hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

nickmeister posted:

Mark Kitto, auther of China Cuckoo. He also wrote a pretty popular letter int he expat community about why he;s leaving China (they stole his second business and stated threatening his family members).

• Locked thread