Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

techknight posted:

From what I can tell online they don't really live west of Ontario. In Toronto at least, black squirrels are by far the largest segment of the squirrel population

Calgary is full of black squirrels.

Megg, Mogg and Owl is an alt-comic featuring witches, wizards, boogiewomen and other ghoulies living in abject poverty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pureauthor posted:

Why can't he just be Dr. Victorious or w/e instead of having to take up the name of another dude that he never really interacted with prior to Secret Wars anyhow?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's only a model.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

bobkatt013 posted:

The best anti Hitler movie would never have come out if the truth was known. Charlie Chaplin has said "Had I known of the actual horrors of the German concentration camps, I could not have made The Great Dictator, I could not have made fun of the homicidal insanity of the Nazis."

This is sort of why this election season has been so scary -- Fascism looks funny until they get the power to actually put their words into action.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

WickedHate posted:

It's only a model.

Shhh!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Calgary is full of black squirrels.

Megg, Mogg and Owl is an alt-comic featuring witches, wizards, boogiewomen and other ghoulies living in abject poverty:

Nooooo......don't bring that depressing poo poo here. It's already ruined the funny comics thread in PYF cause it's not funny most of the time, just depressing as gently caress.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Poverty? Those monsters have a TV and a VCR, I bet they even have a fridge. :colbert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ashcans posted:

Poverty? Those monsters have a TV and a VCR, I bet they even have a fridge. :colbert:

Grrr... Lucky Lycan wins again!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nooooo......don't bring that depressing poo poo here. It's already ruined the funny comics thread in PYF cause it's not funny most of the time, just depressing as gently caress.

That comic has Mike in it. Rest assured any of the strips with Mike in them are good because that dude really knows how to hang.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #35:

Context: Through a long and somewhat convoluted series of events Megatron became an Autobot and renounced the Decepticon cause. Part of that involved becoming captain of a starship called the Lost Light and being sent on a quest to find a legendary group of Cybertronians no one's seen for millions of years. In practice that means he's been saddled with a bunch of second-string no-hoper idiots he has to corral into something resembling competence, including his glory-hound of a co-captain (a rank which doesn't exist and Optimus Prime made it up on the spot to soothe his ego). These pages comes just as they start to figure out the latest insidious plot/diversion/waste of time launched by one of their own crew:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ashcans posted:

It's less about poverty and more about being huge junkies and terrible, criminal people (usually to each other). Agreed that it needs to stay in the PYF Funny Comics thread.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dont even fink about it posted:

Excuse me sir but I think you'll find it's much more powerful when you lay melodramatic Nolantunes over it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

The mix could probably use some tweaking... but god drat.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

dont even fink about it posted:

Excuse me sir but I think you'll find it's much more powerful when you lay melodramatic Nolantunes over it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

That is one of the worst things I have ever viewed. It's perfect as is

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah but without the Nolantunes you won't know how to feel about it

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Hans Zimmer is always maudlin, it's not a Nolan-film exclusive phenomenon goddammit. :argh:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Green Arrow #3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Green Arrow #3:

In another time, in another place, that second panel would be photoshopped to read "Cock goes where?' so quickly.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why do so many of Green Arrow's villains use bow and arrows? Haven't any of them ever heard of a gun?

Edit: Like these people hear there's a motherfucker out there who is the best with a bow and arrow. This dude is so good at shooting arrows he gets to hang out with Superman like they're peers and best buddies. They take this knowledge and they're all "you know what? I'm gonna out bow and arrow him."

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 21, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Why do so many of Green Arrow's villains use bow and arrows? Haven't any of them ever heard of a gun?

They were all really big into video games during that five year period where bows were objectively superior to all firearms and just assumed it was true in the real world as well.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Arrows are considered Silent Weapons, so they won't raise an alarm and you'll get the stealth bonus at the end of the mission.

efb

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Edit: Like these people hear there's a motherfucker out there who is the best with a bow and arrow. This dude is so good at shooting arrows he gets to hang out with Superman like they're peers and best buddies. They take this knowledge and they're all "you know what? I'm gonna out bow and arrow him."
"I spent years of my life mastering this obsolete weapon and this rear end in a top hat doing a Robin Hood schtick is better than me? I'll show him, but how? It seems he only cares about what you do when you're trying to kill him. Welp, supervillainy for me!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Green Arrow and his villains are just a bunch of rich people that met at a country club's archery competition and found they also share a love of theatrics.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I finally found that page from Mockingbird #8 I wanted to share:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is that the original Ghost Rider?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WickedHate posted:

Is that the original Ghost Rider?

Yes, because there's apparently only 3 stories you can tell with Mockingbird: Her getting new superpowers, her dealing with her ex-husband and the time a ghost cowboy raped her.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait, what!?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

WickedHate posted:

Wait, what!?

Seconded.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, because there's apparently only 3 stories you can tell with Mockingbird: Her getting new superpowers, her dealing with her ex-husband and the time a ghost cowboy raped her.

I refuse to believe the new Mockingbird book was "amazing" if it's got that poo poo in it, again.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

Wait, what!?

The West Coast Avengers got into this really cool time-travel arc where each issue things broke into another timeline, and in one of them (somewhere in the 1800s) Mockingbird was knocked out and separated from the Avengers. Ghost Rider found out she had gotten amnesia and brainwashed her into thinking she loved him. She came to her senses, got pissed, and let him fall off a cliff to his death.

Hawkeye got so mad about her alleged violation of the "Avengers don't kill" rule that he divorced her. Not his finest hour.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Goddamnit, Marvel. They really were terrible at that for a while.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

prefect posted:

Hawkeye got so mad about her alleged violation of the "Avengers don't kill" rule that he divorced her. Not his finest hour.

The team that Wolverine, a giant green rage monster, a WW2 vet, a Norse god, and a heavily armed weapons manufacturer have all been a part of?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I refuse to believe the new Mockingbird book was "amazing" if it's got that poo poo in it, again.
Actually the book aims to tidy that up, finally:

Which leads back to:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Canemacar posted:

The team that Wolverine, a giant green rage monster, a WW2 vet, a Norse god, and a heavily armed weapons manufacturer have all been a part of?

Wolverine had not become an Avenger at that point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's modern DC levels of stupid.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's modern DC levels of stupid.

Her explanation of what Clint was actually mad about feels like the kind of (stupid) thing a person could wind up thinking. I find it much more believable in retrospect.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a solution that operates under human logic, gives Bobbi back a sense of agency and responsibility without deifying her, and recasts a truly appalling story in a way that is far less appalling.

The fact that the solution is weak-handed and little more than a big "nuh-uh" to the original story are flaws I am 100% comfortable embracing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

Actually the book aims to tidy that up, finally:

That's just like everyone who writes Hank Pym trying to put the slap to bed. It doesn't need tidying up, it needs ignoring.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Remember that time that Hawkeye killed Egghead?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That's just like everyone who writes Hank Pym trying to put the slap to bed. It doesn't need tidying up, it needs ignoring.

Like a certain issue of Avengers involving Carol Danvers? Now way that could ever be "tidied" up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

To ignore it is the same as pretending it never happened. Making good from the wreckage is far more respectful.