Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Baloogan posted:

I really really want to roleplay the nixon administration in some sort of pen and paper rpg or something

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Nobody loves Nixon more than me so I'd be up for that zdr. please please pretty please

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

A nixon admin campaign sounds like a totally sweet shadowrun game

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I can send a ton of DMs complaining about the jews and blacks and then you can make them public to disgrace me.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the more i think about a NixonRPG the more i like it

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Okay, but an rpg about the nixon admin, or an rpg group made up of the nixon admin?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
either would work for me

in the nixon administration RPG group Kissinger would be the DM
Nixon would play a paladin
ford would play a warrior
mcnamara would be the annoying new kid who munchkins everything, definitely some sort of goblin rouge or something
hag would be a sorcerer or warlock or whatever
sperro agnew definitely either a theif of a magic archer

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
or, in the nixon administration RPG the setting would be right before nixon was to resign, the night before or the night the day before
and its late at night at the white house and nixon (played by the DM) is drunk & high, crying, and running around the white house through secret passages
and its the party's job to try to talk nixon down and get him to resign
players could be ford, kissinger, random marine seargents, secret service etc
there are piles of secret bunkers under the white house, complete with like mad scientest labs and the CIA is testing LSD and summoning arcane horrors deep underneath the white house etc
and so the team has to go find nixon, face the lovecraftian horrors of the white house, deal with an international crisis involving high level discussions with the russians, also possibly there are rumors of an assassin somewhere on the premices!!
protestors gathering outside too! and its a dark and stormy night

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Id play it. At a rooftop party on my Nintendo Switch

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
But it should start in college with building up the Orthogonians to take out those pretty boy Franklin cocksuckers.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Half the drat internet down and rumors flying around of murder attempts against various leakers. :munch:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Rumors are dumb, usually

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

At this point I only want to continue on this forum if the pro-Hillary D&D brigade gets the boot. Toxx me up...

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Shao821 posted:

At this point I only want to continue on this forum if the pro-Hillary D&D brigade gets the boot. Toxx me up...

liberals are the real deplorables

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

welcome :glomp:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

soy posted:

Half the drat internet down and rumors flying around of murder attempts against various leakers. :munch:

US announces spooky secret cyber war against Russia over Romanian leaks, one week later half our Internet goes down. Obama is a bad president.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
If there's one lesson to take away from this election it's this: learn Chinese for an easy ride off the sinking ship.

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

zen death robot posted:

Is this a permatoxx?

If I get a special tag, why the hell not.

:smugdon: :toxx: :smugdon:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

zen death robot posted:

Nixon was truly a fascinating person

Is this committed enough?

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

drat! Lost my tower like I lost 18 minutes of tape!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Thats a fantastic avatar though. I'm envious and will hate you all my life over it.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

whoa dude thats committed

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
It looks very good.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah thats drat good

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

zen death robot posted:

The forums store join dates in Unix time stamp format so I can't go earlier than Dec 31 1969

create new datetime column.
populate that column with converted reg-dates (should be a simple UPDATE command).
make a few small code changes to use that column instead of the old (just grep for where it's used).
delete old column.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
So jealous.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

create new datetime column.
populate that column with converted reg-dates (should be a simple UPDATE command).
make a few small code changes to use that column instead of the old (just grep for where it's used).
delete old column.

Jun 26 16:59:41 [WARN] you are gay
Jun 26 16:59:41 [ERROR] someone has stolen your trees

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
for gods sake just install gentoo

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

D&D posters are the real deplorables

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

how about that ROAST

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Baloogan posted:

or, in the nixon administration RPG the setting would be right before nixon was to resign, the night before or the night the day before
and its late at night at the white house and nixon (played by the DM) is drunk & high, crying, and running around the white house through secret passages
and its the party's job to try to talk nixon down and get him to resign
players could be ford, kissinger, random marine seargents, secret service etc
there are piles of secret bunkers under the white house, complete with like mad scientest labs and the CIA is testing LSD and summoning arcane horrors deep underneath the white house etc
and so the team has to go find nixon, face the lovecraftian horrors of the white house, deal with an international crisis involving high level discussions with the russians, also possibly there are rumors of an assassin somewhere on the premices!!
protestors gathering outside too! and its a dark and stormy night

A one-shot written with this plot and the Cortex Plus Drama system would be amazing, here's how it is used in Smallville RPG:

quote:

Cortex Plus Drama is used in the Smallville Roleplaying Game, which was the first Cortex Plus game. It has the most complicated character generation; the players start by drawing a relationship map that step by step ties the player characters to each other and the gameworld. Instead of attributes and skills, the important factors are considered Relationships with other characters and Values (Duty, Glory, Justice, Love, Power, Truth in Smallville) and each relationship and values having a statement attached and you can use the dice when acting in line with the statement. A character can also challenge a value statement and possibly reject it, allowing them to use it three times in the dice pool on that roll - but using a smaller die for the rest of the session every time they want to invoke that value or relationship.

When a character loses a contest and doesn't give in in Smallville they take stress (Insecure, Afraid, Angry, Exhausted, and Injured) which can be used against them - or they can use at the cost of increasing the amount of stress they've taken, and being unable to act beyond d12 stress.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEQvsK5w-jY

Make sure you let CNN explain the implications of this before you watch it, which you probably shouldn't do, because watching it is illegal.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

soy posted:

Make sure you let CNN explain the implications of this before you watch it, which you probably shouldn't do, because watching it is illegal.

Wow! I was starting to lose hope, thank you friend

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i'm starting to question whether my decision to support trump was a good idea, is hillary in fact more likely to plunge the world into hellfire

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

i'm starting to question whether my decision to support trump was a good idea, is hillary in fact more likely to plunge the world into hellfire

nah hilldawg will just help us slide into a state of foreverwar that we're divorced from with fast food and vidyas and poo poo

DJT is a little more of the 'BURN BRIGHT, BRIEFLY' type

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

soy posted:

oh, so O'Keefe finally figured out how to upload it to youtube after floundering around for half an hour complaining that youtube was censoring him

and then everyone who actually bought into his claims that THIS! ONE! VIDEO! WAS GOING TO END! HILLARY! got duckolded :jerry: :tinsley:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

oh, so O'Keefe finally figured out how to upload it to youtube after floundering around for half an hour complaining that youtube was censoring him

and then everyone who actually bought into his claims that THIS! ONE! VIDEO! WAS GOING TO END! HILLARY! got duckolded :jerry: :tinsley:

Yeah I mean besides evidence of superpac collusion this is pretty whatever... And since nobody prosecutes Clintons for anything because they'll have you murdered... It's probably not going to go that far.

The only leak poo poo that could actually make a big impact would be something that can fit in a 5 word headline and is something that is damnable without legal action...

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

soy posted:

Yeah I mean besides evidence of superpac collusion this is pretty whatever... And since nobody prosecutes Clintons for anything because they'll have you murdered... It's probably not going to go that far.

The only leak poo poo that could actually make a big impact would be something that can fit in a 5 word headline and is something that is damnable without legal action...

yup, considering project veritas' track record this should totally be taken as damning evidence :rolleyes:

:tinsley: I"M A DUCK AND I'M COMING :tinsley:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

yup, considering project veritas' track record this should totally be taken as damning evidence :rolleyes:

:tinsley: I"M A DUCK AND I'M COMING :tinsley:

oh so now we're considering track records before declaring evidence to be damning :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

soy posted:

oh so now we're considering track records before declaring evidence to be damning :v:

:tinsley:

• Locked thread