Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Xealot posted:

Shouldn't Barry be rapidly forgetting old poo poo and recalling new poo poo? The main dilemma 2 episodes ago was about how Flashpoint time fuckery was eroding his original memories and replacing them with Flashpoint ones. He should probably be remembering the speed room and forgetting...I don't know, King Shark or something?

DCTV has the least consistent time travel rules in fiction. That's a real accomplishment.

I assume it's just due to Flashpoint being a really dramatic change compared to the new timeline with its relatively minimal changes. Just think of the time rules as being sort of variable based on the situation, like a person's memories. Legends pretty much said outright that little changes are OK - not great, but cosmic balance stays.

greatn posted:

But it touched his time on earth 1.

No, it didn't. Harry was saying that, like Barry, they had never seen the Speed Room - he and Jesse remember the pre-Flashpoint Earth-1 due to being in another universe when it happened and are thus unaffected.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just watched the episode. Is Magenta in the comics? Because if not, I feel like the conversation in the writer's room went a little something like this:

"We need a name for this new villain. She's a girl who can control metal."
"Like Magneto?"
"Yeah, but she's a girl."
"So... Magneta! :smug:"
"I don't think that will fly with the copyright department."
"Okay, uhhhh... Mag... Magne... Maggie... Magenta! :shepface:"
"Brilliant."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Magenta is from the comics.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah, Magenta is from the comics.

Actually, now that I think about it, the conversation would be exactly the same in that case, just in a different writers' room.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I'm optimistic about Season 3 based on what we've seen but it also sucks they turned cool fun Wally back into stupid lovely baby Wally so quickly.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Xealot posted:

Shouldn't Barry be rapidly forgetting old poo poo and recalling new poo poo? The main dilemma 2 episodes ago was about how Flashpoint time fuckery was eroding his original memories and replacing them with Flashpoint ones. He should probably be remembering the speed room and forgetting...I don't know, King Shark or something?

DCTV has the least consistent time travel rules in fiction. That's a real accomplishment.
It took him three months before he started having those forgetbacks (as opposed to flashbacks) in the alternate timeline.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
"Ah so you just jumpstarted them"

*steps in front of traffic*

What the hell Wally.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So, no hope for a smart good speedster then.
I guess Jesse could qualify, but I have a feeling she is not sticking around Earth One for long.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Obviously not, plenty of bad guys on Earth-2 waitin' to clown on her.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xealot posted:

hypertime

I ain't gotta explain poo poo

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

are you down with flash family

yeah you know me

ok it doesn't really work

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Everyone becomes a speedster if you hang around Barry long enough.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

So, I saw a reference earlier to Barry Spider-Manning in the last episode, not really sure what that means.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Xealot posted:

Maybe there's a difference depending on who caused the changes. Change your own timeline and you forget the old one, have your timeline changed by someone else and you'll still remember.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

ubachung posted:

Maybe there's a difference depending on who caused the changes. Change your own timeline and you forget the old one, have your timeline changed by someone else and you'll still remember.

It has worked the other way around on the show every single time. Barry remembers the previous timelines, no one else knows.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Shaddak posted:

So, I saw a reference earlier to Barry Spider-Manning in the last episode, not really sure what that means.
I assume it means how he kept ditching Iris to go save the day, much like Peter ditches MJ all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like that they kept the Smallville tradition of superspeed being way better off-screen.

Barry took care of that problem in a split second. If it was on screen he'd have dropped down to normal speed for no reason.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Captain Bubblebears is playing Wells differently, though. S2 Wells was differentiated from S1 Wells by pitching his voice lower and growling more. This wells sounded like S1 Wells in tone.

Nothing really jumped out of the episode for me but I still think it was pretty solid. Continued proof that the prerequisite to becoming a speedster is some sort of brain damage though. Really hope they don't draw out Wally seeking out Doc Alchemy and just rip that bandaid off quick.

Did Barry drag Iris by hand the entire time he was speeding her off to their date?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edit: Awful app screw-up.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Stunt Rock posted:

It has worked the other way around on the show every single time. Barry remembers the previous timelines, no one else knows.

Every single time? What other examples are there of a speedster having their timeline changed by someone else?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

lotus circle posted:

I assume it means how he kept ditching Iris to go save the day, much like Peter ditches MJ all the time.

Ah, that makes more sense than what was going on in my head. I kept expecting him to flop on the ground like Piderman.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4NLMXH4QU

The Flash in 4 seconds.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Goddammit, Barry.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm starting to tune out a little from this and other cw shows and I think it's too so with there being less of an overall planned arc to the series.

Each one is more or less stand alone with a cliffhanger to ham-fistedly segue into the next. Each time just making the odd reverence to something that came up earlier in the show (like frost with frost powers).

Season 1 of this was cool because you saw Barry develop and become The Flash, but he seems to just be spinning his wheels now while melodrama and recycled plots are flying around him.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Where did Barry take Iris on their date, and subsequently leave her?

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but I like Wells and Jessie a lot. Although it sucked that Jessie was given her costume, but didn't get to wear it. Next week, I guess. Are they sticking around for a while?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

irlZaphod posted:

People are saying a different city/state, but isn't it nighttime in their original venue and midday in the second one? So...he took her across the country or possibly halfway across the world and ditched her there?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

irlZaphod posted:

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but I like Wells and Jessie a lot. Although it sucked that Jessie was given her costume, but didn't get to wear it. Next week, I guess. Are they sticking around for a while?

Wells is still a regular, but Jesse is a guest star, so :rip: Jesse I guess. She's still in the top half of female metas in that she is not crazy, evil, nor manipulated by some dude.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 21, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
gently caress Barry, let's just go to E-2 and have the Jesse Quick version of a Flash show. Wells dad is awesome. Barry can guest star as powerless Barry, always late, and a complete tool.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Here she is, I'll spoiler it just in case:

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
There seems to be a new/old Earth 2, maybe Earth 3 villain coming soon...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it just me, or has Dad Flash visibly lost weight?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Sieje posted:

There seems to be a new/old Earth 2, maybe Earth 3 villain coming soon...

is that Mark Hamill as possibly the joker?

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.

Daric posted:

is that Mark Hamill as possibly the joker?

It definitely is him. Probably going to be an alternate Flashpoint/Earth2/3/crossover Trickster.... but he's looking much more Jokereque than he has previously.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If that's supposed to be The Joker, where are the tattoos?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BreakAtmo posted:

Here she is, I'll spoiler it just in case:

For whatever reason Jesse Quick being a brunette seems weird to me. Barry being deblondified was fine, but this is just a bridge too far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is it just me, or has Dad Flash visibly lost weight?

It's not. He said last spring that he's in better shape than he was over the last decade. Good for him!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

If that's supposed to be The Joker, where are the tattoos?

Nice.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Well he is playing a speedster now, not a middle aged dude who's been stuck in a prison cell for over a decade.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Plus the Jay Garrick Flash uniform is a lot more flattering to him than that flabby garbage he had the wear the first time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Velour muscles make the hero.

• Locked thread