Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Stockholm Syndrome bug has been reintroduced, in some form. Nobody had the skill, and when we wiped it would just spit one of us out of custody without even requiring us to hit spacebar.

Also Winters is only spawning with one minion right now, it's pretty funny.

time to do goat heist

LuciferMorningstar posted:

E: PSIONNNNNNNNNNNN

you aren't the only pro shitposter in this thread, buddy

tbh I think they really need to revert/redo the difficulty-level multipliers instead of having to rebalance like 100 guns, but a standardization pass AFTER would be most welcome

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

ClonedPickle posted:

Agreed, but only because I did it and the cosmetics didn't properly go into my inventory. I've unlocked the ability to buy them with Gage Coins, so whatever, but it would've been nice to actually get them.

They show up in your inventory after restarting the game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

That is not a small number. That is a big number. :stare:

If I can reapply that on the regular (read: no bullshit "can proc only after this amount of time after it proc'd previously"), then I must poison the cop hole.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Started playing with the in-game Mutators for the first time tonight. I turned on Creeps (Nuclear Bulldozers, max radius) and the mutator that turns all specials into Dozers.

I've never enjoyed a CTD so much in my life.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Things I am considering for Death Vox Panic Room so far:
  • Something different with Chavez, maybe a minigun?
  • Faster police assault, police blow holes in some walls
  • Alex is the chopper pilot- with all that entails. C4 bag splits and is spread all over the map, magnet accidentally disengages during the lift, etc.
  • Different sniper positions/more snipers
  • Remove ladders from sides of building, close off interior roof access stairs
  • Helicopter turret during roof clearing phase
  • Some parts of building catch fire after C4 detonation
  • Meth lab and meth ingredients, optional
  • Manhole sealed in escape, have to cut through crime scene and police assault behind the building

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

• Remove ladders from sides of building, close off interior roof access stairs

That's against code Vox, i'm gonna have to write you up

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Give Chavez some dual LMGs..Buzzsaws?

this just in: dodge suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, use ex-president if you want to attempt dodge

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 21, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Grapplejack posted:

That's against code Vox, i'm gonna have to write you up

Write up OVK: the ladders weren't in the original heist, and the access stairs were closed off sometimes with RNG. It turns the roof into even more of a bloodbath.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

- Cops randomly place tripmines on the stairways, particularly when the crew is on the roof.
- Snipers inside the adjacent buildings, with line of sight into the hallway interiors.
- Decoy panic room. One's real, the other spawns a dozer-rush when you unlock it with Chavez's key.
- Chavez suicide vest. Blows up on the players, keys are blasted out a window to the alley below.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

https://zippy.gfycat.com/HarmfulSpecificCoypu.webm

https://zippy.gfycat.com/DeadUnrulyEeve.webm

sup

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

:toot:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Great, now you can drag me through 1d heists.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:sbahj:

edit:

Friendship ended with Rogue

now EX-PRESIDENT is my perk deck

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 21, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Drewjitsu posted:

Great, now you can drag me through 1d heists.

the only heist where someone can AFK in a corner is Rats D1, so you'll have to pull your weight for the rest of em

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Use the crook build I made bro, it's Real Good.

Crook is the most under appreciated of the perk decks.

E: what did you guys get out of those safes

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Tempest_56 posted:

- Snipers inside the adjacent buildings, with line of sight into the hallway interiors.

Thats already in. At least on the top floor, clear LOS to the hallway leading to the roof stairs

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Psion posted:

the only heist where someone can AFK in a corner is Rats D1, so you'll have to pull your weight for the rest of em

That shouldn't be a problem.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Paingod556 posted:

Thats already in. At least on the top floor, clear LOS to the hallway leading to the roof stairs

Huh, I've only ever seen normal cops in there. The more you know!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

E: what did you guys get out of those safes

steam pennies

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Changed the damage for the Javelins from 7500 to 3250
Changed the damage for the Plainsrider Bow from 1500 to 1000
Changed the damage for the Heavy Crossbow from 4000 to 2000
Changed the damage for the Light Crossbow from 1500 to 750
Changed the damage for the English Longbow from 4000 to 2000
Changed the damage for the Pistol Crossbow from 750 to 375

Changing the important numbers, of course.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Today's hotfix

quote:

• Changed the damage for the Javelins from 7500 to 3250
  • Changed the damage for the Plainsrider Bow from 1500 to 1000
  • Changed the damage for the Heavy Crossbow from 4000 to 2000
  • Changed the damage for the Light Crossbow from 1500 to 750
  • Changed the damage for the English Longbow from 4000 to 2000
  • Changed the damage for the Pistol Crossbow from 750 to 375
  • Fixed an issue where using the Akimbo Contractor Pistols did not count towards the "For Daisy" achievement
  • Fixed an issue where any killed enemy counted towards the "UMP for Me, UMP for You" achievement

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Well, it's a start. OD's going to be even harder in the interval, though. On the bright side, thinking about what does work on OD is giving me all sorts of ideas for ways to tweak Deavth Vox loud!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Well, it's a start. OD's going to be even harder in the interval, though. On the bright side, thinking about what does work on OD is giving me all sorts of ideas for ways to tweak Deavth Vox loud!

If I can't bring a KSP it's not worth playing imho

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

If I can't bring a KSP it's not worth playing imho

If you're talking about OD, you can bring a KSP. You absolutely need Body Expertise, though. Bipodding is also dangerous, but you can manage risk with good positioning.

The only thing in that changelist that really throws balance is the pistol xbow damage reduction. I'm guessing it won't one-shot shields anymore. Given how loving numerous they are, that could be a real issue.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
Hmm, I'm thinking of visiting Reboot Infogamer and maybe visit the PD2 stand, but the problem is I'm currently studying in university and the only viable day for me to go is the busiest days which are saturday and/or sunday (considering to do even friday). I'm like an hour's a drive away from it. Would anyone be interested in me visiting the PD2 booth and get some pictures/talks with the devs? (Although the tickets are cheap AF luckily enough)

E: If however I won't have any exams, I might visit it sooner.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm always down for pictures of dorky Swedes in convention centers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

TearsOfPirates posted:

Hmm, I'm thinking of visiting Reboot Infogamer and maybe visit the PD2 stand, but the problem is I'm currently studying in university and the only viable day for me to go is the busiest days which are saturday and/or sunday (considering to do even friday). I'm like an hour's a drive away from it. Would anyone be interested in me visiting the PD2 booth and get some pictures/talks with the devs? (Although the tickets are cheap AF luckily enough)

E: If however I won't have any exams, I might visit it sooner.

Go for it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Sykic posted:

Changed the damage for the Heavy Crossbow from 4000 to 2000

no-ooo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The only thing in that changelist that really throws balance is the pistol xbow damage reduction. I'm guessing it won't one-shot shields anymore. Given how loving numerous they are, that could be a real issue.

what was it, something like a constant 10-12 on map at all times during most 1D assault waves? And you were mentioning something like a huge damage reduction to the two things which are designed to punch through shields - snipers and slugs? gross

There's also some perception issues here, but generally I agree that the pistol xbow change is the biggest deal unless HE is somehow unaffected or still capable of one hitting a shield.

e: continuing to gently caress with javelins while not boosting throwing axes is also a problem, but that's less of an issue because if you aren't bringing flashbangs to 1D you are doing it wrong

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 21, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Psion posted:

what was it, something like a constant 10-12 on map at all times during most 1D assault waves? And you were mentioning something like a huge damage reduction to the two things which are designed to punch through shields - snipers and slugs? gross

Yep. Typically eight or more Shields at any given time. They seem to frequently move in clumps.

And yeah, Shields don't just block most bullets, they also reduce penetrative damage. They are, as far as I can tell, the only thing that does this. The three projectiles that pierce Shields are slugs, snipers, and dragon's breath. Damage is reduced by a staggering 75%. This renders those Shield-busting weapons largely worthless.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

And yeah, Shields don't just block most bullets, they also reduce penetrative damage. They are, as far as I can tell, the only thing that does this. The three projectiles that pierce Shields are slugs, snipers, and dragon's breath. Damage is reduced by a staggering 75%. This renders those Shield-busting weapons largely worthless.

This is accurate. Weapons capable of penetrating walls or other cops don't have their damage reduced at all, for example. The shield penetration damage reduction has been in for some time, but obviously the way it interacts with 1D health pools is new.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is accurate. Weapons capable of penetrating walls or other cops don't have their damage reduced at all, for example. The shield penetration damage reduction has been in for some time, but obviously the way it interacts with 1D health pools is new.

Yes. It really only hit me how hosed up this is when I was trying to come up with my own take on balance for cop health and weapon damage.

With Shield DR as it is, you either keep the man behind the Shield flimsy or you make penetrative damage really high. In the former scenario, it's easier to flank or use HE. In the latter, you end up with idiotically strong weapons that would probably be too good at everything. Either way, it makes balancing snipers and slugs basically impossible.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I can see the logic behind demanding headshots when trying to punch through a presumably bulletproof shield instead of just casually bodyshotting them en masse, but the out of balance headshot multipliers combined with the larger health pool is a real problem. Shields, perhaps, could stand to have a higher headshot multiplier like cloakers do. Or just reduce that ridiculous pen DR, which would be an effective buff without changing any numbers.

HE vs. shields would need some attention also, though HE could use some attention beyond just shields.

alternately, in my opinion, snipers are in a bad enough place that I'd support a global buff to them regardless. The new sniper rifle, with frenzy and suppressor skills, was serviceably mediocre on Mayhem, and I'd never take it to anything higher.

e:

quote:

Murky Station
Fixed an issue where killed civilians counted towards the "Crouched and Hidden, Flying Dagger" achievement

:laugh: I knew there was a bug on every single one of these and I was riiiiight (I guessed wrong on what the specific bug was, but still)

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 21, 2016

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Instead of fixing the brokenness of OD they nerf the few weapons that did work....... wow

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Instead of fixing the brokenness of OD they nerf the few weapons that did work....... wow

Oh, word?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well looks like Overkill just changed the damage values in the inventory screen, not on the weapons themselves. It's kind of amazing how often they gently caress up a change that involves a single number but more importantly why are the inventory screen values stored separately?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well looks like Overkill just changed the damage values in the inventory screen, not on the weapons themselves. It's kind of amazing how often they gently caress up a change that involves a single number but more importantly why are the inventory screen values stored separately?

... how

Just... what? How do you even do that?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tempest_56 posted:

... how

diesel is a mess.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tempest_56 posted:

... how

technical_debt.txt

When I wrote lua to edit weapon values, I just changed it and the inventory updated correctly after the ingame stats -- there's gotta be something going on when actually editing the base values instead of using tweak_data that's different :shrug:

my guess is someone made a decision in 2008 that's making things inordinately complicated and they'll never get out from under it until they make Payday 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Goldfarb strikes again