Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Steve2911 posted:

Is it actually good or Super/Sticker Star 'good'?

Is there a steam train, is what I'm asking.
Giant Bomb really, really hated the gameplay at least, it definitely sounds like it's maybe "good for a Super/Sticker star Paper Mario" but still not anywhere near the first two Paper Marios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey, any of you Oregoons going to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo this weekend? Er, today?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Looper posted:

color splash is real good

My WiiU is broke :cry:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Golden Goat posted:

My WiiU is broke :cry:

Tell it to get a job.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What I've heard of Color Splash is that the combat is tedious and boring and doesn't reward you with anything but that the graphics & writing are excellent. Is this true?

Also, anybody here know a good place to check for data of how much a game has sold? I'm curious if color splash sold a lot or not.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

Tell it to get a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvKtlpTHI94

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, anybody here know a good place to check for data of how much a game has sold? I'm curious if color splash sold a lot or not.
I'm using vgchartz usually but the problem is that it's up to the publisher if game sales are made public and even when they are it can be in the form of useless data like 'shipped copies'.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4K0eNkuA2k&t=10s

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Re: GTA chat... The fun of GTA has never been about intential rampages for me. It's been about chaotic escalation as an emergent gameplay aspect. In Vice City (the best GTA game), I'd be trying to do a mission like, "go talk to a guy" and I would accidently park my moped on a pedestrian. And a cop saw it. So now I'm shooting the cop. Okay now I'm in a running gun battle. Eventually I'd either escape or kill all the witnesses or get busted. But in GTAV, the same thing happens, I never once walked away from an escalation like that. Swat teams are repelling out of helecopters killing me in like 2 hits with precision marksmanship. Even then I would try to be tactical about it, it wouldn't matter, because there would an infinite stream of swat guys. You get 3-star pursuits at the drop of a hat in GTAV.

So I tried to play the game serious.

Oh, there's a property I can afford. Oh I guess I have to drive there to do it. Okay, I drive halfway across the map, and by time I get there, the business is closed and I can't buy it until it reopens next morning? What the gently caress?

Never had a game resist me playing it so hard.

I hate the heists to, so...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

I'm using vgchartz usually but the problem is that it's up to the publisher if game sales are made public and even when they are it can be in the form of useless data like 'shipped copies'.

And VGchartz literally makes poo poo up.

I think the only sales data you get in the games industry is Media Create sales in Japan.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Phantasium posted:

I think the only sales data you get in the games industry is Media Create sales in Japan.

you can judge steam purchases pretty well i guess

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Looper posted:

color splash is real good

I really really want to like it, the graphics and story seem great, but the combat is made for toddlers from what I've heard so ... that kinda kills it for me.

Nintendo please just make another paper mario RPG, please.

Steve2911 posted:

Is it actually good or Super/Sticker Star 'good'?

Is there a steam train, is what I'm asking.

Reviews I've read said the combat was 100% completely devoid of any challenge whatsoever. So if you wanna play an RPG with godmode...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
SteamSpy, fools

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

What I've heard of Color Splash is that the combat is tedious and boring and doesn't reward you with anything but that the graphics & writing are excellent. Is this true?

There are no good sources for that stuff. Publishers just do not like talking about sales figures anymore, it does more damage then good for brand image.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

People keep saying there's no experience system but that's not really true? You power your cards with paint, and fighting earns you more paint carrying capacity, which you don't necessarily need in the same sense as a level but it's real nice to have. Like I'm two big stars in and fully painting a fire/ice flower still uses a solid third of my red/blue paint

Also the combat is just as engaging and difficult as the first two paper marios with the plus side of being way faster and anyone who thinks otherwise has crazy nostalgia glasses. You should be able to finish any non-boss fight in one or two turns and it's more about figuring out how to do that

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Thousand Year Door is a good and charming game with a lot of dumb design decisions

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

GTA has been garbage since the 3rd one

The new paper Mario owns and everyone should buy it. If you don't have a Wii U get that too.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When you say "the third one"... Do you really mean that GTA3 was the last good one? or do you mean San Andreas?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Phantasium posted:

Well, at least I enjoy looking up weekly Xbox One sales in Japan there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

When you say "the third one"... Do you really mean that GTA3 was the last good one? or do you mean San Andreas?

Check who you're asking

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I've never been a fan of the 3D GTA games. But I'm glad they were created since they led to saints row.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I really really want to like it, the graphics and story seem great, but the combat is made for toddlers from what I've heard so ... that kinda kills it for me.

Nintendo please just make another paper mario RPG, please.

Reviews I've read said the combat was 100% completely devoid of any challenge whatsoever. So if you wanna play an RPG with godmode...

They made a paper Mario RPG it's called Paper Jam and it's awesome. Challenging combat and you can skip all the cutscenes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In Training posted:

They made a paper Mario RPG it's called Paper Jam and it's awesome. Challenging combat and you can skip all the cutscenes

That's not true at all, you can only make the incredibly tedious cutscenes go slightly faster.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mario owns

Wanting to play Thousand Year Door again is part of why I'm sad I don't own a Gamecube tbqh; I didn't own a GC or Wii and just got back on the train of Nintendo home console ownership with Wii U and it's bad rear end

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thousand Year Door should run pretty great in Dolphin.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

wizard on a water slide posted:

Mario owns

Wanting to play Thousand Year Door again is part of why I'm sad I don't own a Gamecube tbqh; I didn't own a GC or Wii and just got back on the train of Nintendo home console ownership with Wii U and it's bad rear end

homebrew your wii u and youll be able to run gamecube games on it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

As someone who really hated Sticker Star, Color Splash is super A+ great.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Tell it to get a job.

It's only €80 for repairs! What a steal.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

a man got upset at me for saying a swear on overwatch :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

Mario owns

I found a really good set up guide for Nintendont that doesn't assume you're a pro who knows exactly what you're doing, if you're interested

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ovGwGoQjSg

Remember this?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Looper posted:

I found a really good set up guide for Nintendont that doesn't assume you're a pro who knows exactly what you're doing, if you're interested

Please!!!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ostentatious posted:

a man got upset at me for saying a swear on overwatch :(

What did you say?

"Dang"

:eek:

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

What did you say?

"Dang"

:eek:

Worse, "Hella"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'd rather not.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Looper posted:

Is that for WiiU Homebrew? I wouldn't mind that either.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Is that for WiiU Homebrew? I wouldn't mind that either.

It's focused entirely on the Virtual Wii side but yeah I'll send it along!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I've been meaning to do that

I have an old Wii sitting around and everything so I wouldn't have to buy a Gamecube controller adapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the combat in M&L has always been better than Paper Mario, the thing that made PM great was its writing and maybe the badge system

I honestly can't wait to see Alphadream do a M&L for Switch in full HD

• Locked thread