Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

CharlestonJew posted:

who do you think emperor snoke is

gently caress you, Lando is the smoothest brotha in the whole universe, he'd never be Snoke. That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

temple posted:

Young Lando only if it plays like black dynamite in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4kIaHc4tAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATeU-r0GDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Disney would never make a young Lando movie since it would have to mostly involve a sexy black man loving two dozen slutty white bitches and Disney don't make that kind of movie.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

If I did the Force Awakens, I would make Lando the president of the galaxy, because you know that's what he's probably do after Star Wars.

I would also have an Ewok on a booster seat in an X-Wing going all yub nub.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Gammatron 64 posted:

If I did the Force Awakens, I would make Lando the president of the galaxy, because you know that's what he's probably do after Star Wars.

I would also have an Ewok on a booster seat in an X-Wing going all yub nub.

A little ewok climbs into the spot R2's supposed to go and it's wacky with him screaming all the time during the battle in the skies. Then he kind of disappears.

It's near the end of the movie. There's an awards ceremony, everyone is hugging and smiling and happy. The John Williams music is swelling. Smash cut to silence and a frozen ewok floating in space.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The ewok will also be riddled with gaping wounds from all the connectors that attempted to interface with it in the droid seat.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Baronjutter posted:

I'm borderline looking forward to Rogue One because it looks to be its own movie rather than a by the numbers remake of starwars.

this is the mantra all the star wars nerds who want to be hipsters keep saying, but you look at the trailer and it's 90% the same poo poo that was in the OT. And it's a prequel to episode IV and basically has the same plot as episode IV so I don't understand why people act like it's so original.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rogue One is doing its own original thing?

what's it about?

Oh it's about the rebels fighting the empire and then blowing up the death star

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

MrSlam posted:

A little ewok climbs into the spot R2's supposed to go and it's wacky with him screaming all the time during the battle in the skies. Then he kind of disappears.

It's near the end of the movie. There's an awards ceremony, everyone is hugging and smiling and happy. The John Williams music is swelling. Smash cut to silence and a frozen ewok floating in space.

The furry little poo poo is hunkered over on the side, frozen to death from the vacuum of space.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Schweinhund posted:

this is the mantra all the star wars nerds who want to be hipsters keep saying, but you look at the trailer and it's 90% the same poo poo that was in the OT. And it's a prequel to episode IV and basically has the same plot as episode IV so I don't understand why people act like it's so original.

If it's just not full of really lovely lazy holes and feels starwarsy that's about A+ in my books for this sort of movie.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
WHo's the villain in rogue one? It's an empire military commander and darth vader

the originality is blowing my mind

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The whole movie feels like it'd be better served by a 30-40 minute short. A full blown movie elaborating on poo poo I already knew just seems pointless.

Her dad made the death star? Irrelevant.

Force-sensitive zatoichi hates the empire? Irrelevant.

Forest Whitaker is now a cyborg? Borderline call.

If they wanted to make a whole movie about this, make it stand alone. Making it a prequel to IV just sucks all the intrigue out of it.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
You can make the exact same movie and remove all the Star Wars in it and it might become a passable sci-fi movie.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

[Echoing] I loving love [blown out mic]STAR WARS

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Make no mistake I'm going to see this movie like the rest of you guys. We're in too deep.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Capntastic posted:

[Echoing] I loving love [blown out mic]STAR WARS

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Am I crazy, or does that look really good?

It looked good until Wolverine stuff started happening and I remembered that this is about a guy who has metal bones and says "bub" a lot

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gammatron 64 posted:

The lady in rogue one is a million times hotter than rei. She can touch my lightsaber anytime

Being hotter than Rei isn't very impressive, Asuka was always the hot one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Goodbody posted:

:hai:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

No Kyle Katarn. Movie bad.

Yeah why the gently caress don't they bring him into the movies already? Oh I guess because he manages to use lightsabers and guns and sometimes dark and light side powers and not go all retarded in the process somehow while also maintaining an actual personality and it makes all other Jedi look like idiots. Maybe Obi-wan comes close.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Make no mistake I'm going to see this movie like the rest of you guys. We're in too deep.

Yeah, me too. But it reminds me of this http://www.theonion.com/article/batman-v-superman-promotion-urges-filmgoers-just-g-52623

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

misato is the best. also isnt underage

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Terrific Accident posted:

It looked good until Wolverine stuff started happening and I remembered that this is about a guy who has metal bones and says "bub" a lot

Which timeline is this? The whole X-Men series has hosed itself by having different timelines. I know the comics are the same way, but thats hosed up too.

He was weapon X in the last x-men movie and now theyre going back to the days of future past timeline I think? Shits hosed up.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Speak for yourself I still havent watched TFA or the prequels. :smug:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

so hosed up

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

I know right? I thought we purged all the pedos.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

``Oh my gooood!`` - Rich Evansgelion

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Hey guys why did this Red Letter webzone become an amine zone?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Catastrophe posted:

Hey guys why did this Red Letter webzone become an amine zone?

Star Wars is anime.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Star Wars is anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
From the early reviews Dr. Strange seems to be a normal Marvel movie except with a memorable score and interesting visuals which means Jay might like it; actually Jay is pretty fair to those Marvel movies, its Rich and Mike who go CD on them.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
bet mike is gonna be upset about the recent decision to cast a black man as young lando. disney is obviously pandering.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Another thing I found silly in that Plinkett video was the complaint that TFA merch was everywhere; was that not the case for the OT?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Maybe it's just the fact that I'm drinking tonight, but I'm watching the Juicy Shaq Meat episode of BOTW and Josh doesn't seem that uptight in it this time. He's acting uptight but it mostly seems to be acting, he's not actually upset about not getting to meticulously list all the plot points of Dr. Butcher MD. He doesn't care, he knows nobody else cares.

And he wants that juicy Shaq meat.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

misato is the best. also isnt underage
actually everyone is like 28 now because the eva remake/sequel/cash-in called 3.33 or whatever put shinji in a 14 year old coma
:goonsay:

but bc of magic they all still look 14 years old so they wouldn't lose their target audience.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Another thing I found silly in that Plinkett video was the complaint that TFA merch was everywhere; was that not the case for the OT?

I think he is trying to make an inverse correlation between how much cheap plastic crap is shoved into the movie at a time and how much quality the movie has as a work of art.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
max landis is writing a tv show and I can't wait for it to get critically panned.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Donald Glover is a strange choice for young Lando.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

The fact he's not in the semi-invincible ball form during the Sonic 2 part of the "I'm getting hit while going fast!" montage is driving me insane.

Also him going loving insane over getting hit and not dying is loving weird as well.

Chucat fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 22, 2016

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Chucat posted:

The fact he's not in the semi-invincible ball form during the Sonic 2 part of the "I'm getting hit while going fast!" montage is driving me insane.

Also him going loving insane over getting hit and not dying is loving weird as well.

I found the autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

ultrabindu posted:

Here have a trailer for another loving Wolverine movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

This is literally just Leon/The Professional with mutants.

• Locked thread