Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
yeah, but you get to say 'down right fierce', so it makes up for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

No, it won't, when they re-released 3rd Strike, they used the original version everyone loves instead of 3rd Strike 2.0 which everyone hated.

Are you talking about the Dreamcast only version? Nobody outside of hardcore nerds touched 3rd strike on console until the PS2 anniversary re-release, when the whole SF3 series finally made a profit. And I say this as someone who owned both Double Impact and 3rd Strike for DC.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

MrJacobs posted:

Are you talking about the Dreamcast only version? Nobody outside of hardcore nerds touched 3rd strike on console until the PS2 anniversary re-release, when the whole SF3 series finally made a profit. And I say this as someone who owned both Double Impact and 3rd Strike for DC.

no the arcade version that was rejected by the community at large. removed urien unblockables and more.

remember when communities rejected poo poo games in favor of older better versions? seems like so long ago.... similar poo poo happened with xvsf version 3.0 and vsav 2 and a few other games... and ssf2 (not turbo)

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Zand posted:

no the arcade version that was rejected by the community at large. removed urien unblockables and more.

remember when communities rejected poo poo games in favor of older better versions? seems like so long ago.... similar poo poo happened with xvsf version 3.0 and vsav 2 and a few other games... and ssf2 (not turbo)

I thought that was the DC version, and you could only fix it with the dipswitch menu.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

MrJacobs posted:

I thought that was the DC version, and you could only fix it with the dipswitch menu.

that version actually hit arcades actually. I think there are additional speed differences with the dc version too

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Zand posted:

It didn't even seem that long ago when people actively hated DLC/Microtransactions. Even that has been changing.

We're not far off from FPS's allowing players who run out of ammo mid-play to buy a full magazine for real money right on the spot.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lothire posted:

It didn't even seem that long ago when people actively hated DLC/Microtransactions. Even that has been changing.

We're not far off from FPS's allowing players who run out of ammo mid-play to buy a full magazine for real money right on the spot.

I do not trust Gamespot's editorial integrity on this matter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lothire posted:

DLC is going to go the way of the dinosaur in a few years though, the new hotness is just putting a slot machine in your game ala the Valve loot box.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Zand posted:

no the arcade version that was rejected by the community at large. removed urien unblockables and more)

But Urien's unblockables were gone in the last CPS3 version anyway (including the crash bug).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

uncleKitchener posted:

But Urien's unblockables were gone in the last CPS3 version anyway (including the crash bug).

yeah that's what I'm talking about...people preferred and stayed playing the older versions as they had done multiple times in the past

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Zand posted:

yeah that's what I'm talking about...people preferred and stayed playing the older versions as they had done multiple times in the past

America's a weird country.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There almost hasn't been any making GBS threads on SFV for a whole page. That won't do!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

uncleKitchener posted:

America's a weird country.

What does America have to do with it. Japan doesn't and never did play 3s version B either.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

What does America have to do with it. Japan doesn't and never did play 3s version B either.

Wow, they're both weird.

Do people not just bootleg/pheonix the boards for version. B?

I have not seen a single version A cabinet in my scene.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
They didn't like version B because it removed unblockables and made Urien (and Oro) a much less interesting and viable character.

And they're right.

Like if you're playing 3s version B you're not really playing 3s if anybody ever picks Urien or Oro.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

uncleKitchener posted:

Wow, they're both weird.

Do people not just bootleg/pheonix the boards for version. B?

I have not seen a single version A cabinet in my scene.

either you're horribly misinformed about your scene or your scene wasted a ton of money on the version so unpopular capcom dropped support for it a decade ago

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
normally unintentional unblockables are terrible and dumb but in 3rd strike they're just a mixup on two mid tier characters

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Or maybe that's why they picked that version but I dunno, there are two Ver. As compared to 20 Ver.Bs.

Then again, all these boards are pheonix boards because gently caress suicide batteries.

I only mess with the boards and I'm not a 3rd Strike player so I dunno if I care much about that, but I see people play Urien without unblocables and just doing 50/50s anyway. Also, no one plays Oro (not as far as I've seen), so maybe it's not a huge loss to them.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

If people are using that terminology online in 2016, they are probably the same people who say claw because they read SRK forums a lot.

Do they even know what year it is?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dhamster posted:

I've decided to just call every character Bison from now on, and every kick button "roundhouse"

A swap jab and roundhouse in xrd

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

dhamster posted:

I've decided to just call every character Bison from now on, and every kick button "roundhouse"

What if a punch animates as a kick, like JuriBison

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Saint Freak posted:

What if a punch animates as a kick, like JuriBison

Or like Balrog Boxer Bison?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/oneida__/status/788845632949743616

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

A good enough reason to re-install DOOM again.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Her body has been cybernetically amputated, making her body extremely heavy

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

There almost hasn't been any making GBS threads on SFV for a whole page. That won't do!

Thanks for reminding us of those abominations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Those char guides are so inexplicable

Are they testing the waters for future DLC chars?

Is it an art test?

A project for an copy and art intern duo?

Is someone bored?

WHY THE gently caress DID YOU TEASE ME WITH NECRO YOU loving ASSHOLES

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I think they're just trying to establish lore.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ROFL Octopus posted:

I think they're just trying to establish lore.

I wish they would establish some quality first.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Those char guides are so inexplicable

WHY THE gently caress DID YOU TEASE ME WITH NECRO YOU loving ASSHOLES

That's just cruel, since we will probably never see playable Necro again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good, gently caress necro

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zand posted:

Blame ESPORTS presented by DxRacer chairs.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Wish we'd go back to the good ol days of tournaments presented by Toyota Yaris.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why are there no good things for birdie?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

I wish they would establish some quality first.

Unfortunately this is just one team working a part time job and the other overtime.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0QaxoIMP8
Some things never change.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Autistic girl

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Swery got the joke. That's about it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Night Blade posted:

Swery got the joke. That's about it.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
on a side note the 3s online ost is way better than ppl give it credit for because basically all it did wrong was ruin the best song. that said i dunno WHY they remixed the ost when it was so good before.