Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, you mean to tell me the video footage of multiple people cheerfully dancing around an unreleased game system may, in fact, not actually be accurate? I am shocked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, you mean to tell me the video footage of multiple people cheerfully dancing around an unreleased game system may, in fact, not actually be accurate? I am shocked!

actually she's only one person

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think it's a surprise here, but it needed a ten page discussion in the now godawful Switch thread.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I liked it better when it was a being speculated as a toaster that cooked game boards into sliced bread.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Phantasium posted:

I don't think it's a surprise here, but it needed a ten page discussion in the now godawful Switch thread.

People were actually surprised when it turned out to be a complete mockup? :psyduck:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/789658650377789440

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

i still don't believe it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

Someone pointed this out about the Nintendo Switch trailer on twitter:

Look at her sleeve.

You needed a screenshot to tell you that the obviously keyed-in visuals were keyed-in?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

People were actually surprised when it turned out to be a complete mockup? :psyduck:

"Surprised" assumes that the people trying to freak out about reduced framerates in portable mode actually at some point realized that it was ad copy and not that they kept making GBS threads up the thread with how terrible the system is going to be until a mod told them to shut up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like Nintendo Switch

ing footage!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

"Surprised" assumes that the people trying to freak out about reduced framerates in portable mode actually at some point realized that it was ad copy and not that they kept making GBS threads up the thread with how terrible the system is going to be until a mod told them to shut up.

Lol Switch thread gonna get closed like the WiiU thread and it's not even out yet

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The NX thread was really fun when people didn't get deadly serious about video game system we didn't know anything about and made jokes. Now we know it's indeed a system that plays video games and the thread is a disaster on par with the old Dota and COD threads. We can't have anything nice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I really don't get the appeal of doomsaying a new system. Like Xbone's many pre-launch mess-ups were funny but I figured they'd get it sorted out eventually.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It took them nearly years but they finally did. Assuming Scorpio actually exists maybe they're finally getting stuff real right? Big assumption though, I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

It took them nearly years but they finally did. Assuming Scorpio actually exists maybe they're finally getting stuff real right? Big assumption though, I guess.

a 500 dollar system with no exclusives vs pc doesn't sound right but idk.

now a portable hybrid system thatsa very nice

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

a 500 dollar system with no exclusives vs pc doesn't sound right but idk.

now a portable hybrid system thatsa very nice

I mean, if it's how ever many darrylflops that they're claiming, it's a nice value vs. an equivalent PC. It just doesn't sound likely.

The switch looks neat except the tiny optional baby-hand controllers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I mean, if it's how ever many darrylflops that they're claiming, it's a nice value vs. an equivalent PC. It just doesn't sound likely.

The switch looks neat except the tiny optional baby-hand controllers.

it will be very powerful. it will play all of the many halos and forzas at once.

having used an OG 3ds and vita slim for years the switch will be like a giant's console in comparison

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

having used an OG 3ds and vita slim for years the switch will be like a giant's console in comparison

I just can't imagine two-handing one of the little side thingies. On the other hand, using it how I use a 3DS or Vita seems like it should be fine, if slightly bulky.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im more worried about playing nes coop games with an analog stick than how small the joy con is but yeah i'd like to see one in person

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm sure Nintendo will be more than happy to sell classic-style controllers for your adult hands like they've been doing for a decade.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I think they showed one in the reveal so yeah, definitely.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nintendo Bait n Switch

I hope no one said that yet

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/789202059400716288

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ImpAtom posted:

Can't believe how fake the whole trailer was. I bet those people don't even live in those fancy apartments.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

You needed a screenshot to tell you that the obviously keyed-in visuals were keyed-in?

I'm just yukking it up about their sloppy visual editing, I do not care about the ~integrity of the advertising and marketing~ or whatever the nx thread got up in arms about

ImpAtom posted:

there is no need for this lovely attitude sarcasm my man, we're all friends here

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 22, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
bring the Wii U thread back so I can post more Color Splash screens, all the bad moved to the Switch thread I promise!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I'm just yukking it up about their sloppy visual editing, I do not care about the ~integrity of the advertising and marketing~ or whatever the nx thread got up in arms about

Yeah, it was some of the more obviously keyed-in stuff I've seen.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Ugh give me the charts and graphs of the bone shark tank over the moment by moment ad analysis of switch thread any day.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CJacobs posted:

there is no need for this lovely attitude sarcasm my man, we're all friends here

We are all friends here but lovely attitude sarcasm rules.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually..... it's rude.....

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bloodychill posted:

The NX thread was really fun when people didn't get deadly serious about video game system we didn't know anything about and made jokes. Now we know it's indeed a system that plays video games and the thread is a disaster on par with the old Dota and COD threads. We can't have anything nice.

Give it time, it will mellow out

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Give it time, it will mellow out

This forum is poo poo because there's a mandatory waiting period for the idiots to clear out of new threads

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i solemnly swear to continue making good posts in the switch thread, and frankly everywhere

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Quake 1 Theme Song Lyrics

by Trent Reznor

DUH DUH DUH
DA NA NA NA
DUH DUH DUH
DA NA NA NA
DUH DUH DUH
DA NA NA NA
DAA NAA NAA NAA

(repeat x2)

Chorus

aaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAA

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Prop Wash posted:

This forum is poo poo because there's a mandatory waiting period for the idiots to clear out of new threads

Be the change that you want to see in the world! Belive it!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Are there any forums on the entire internet that aren't like that?

I think you mean "society is garbage".

But fortunately, some people are cool.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ostentatious posted:

Quake 1 Theme Song Lyrics

by Trent Reznor

DUH DUH DUH
DA NA NA NA
DUH DUH DUH
DA NA NA NA
DUH DUH DUH
DA NA NA NA
DAA NAA NAA NAA

(repeat x2)

Chorus

aaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFit0nldf4

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Today I'm gonna tell the Gamestop clerk that I would like a copy of the fifth Battlefield game on the third Xbox, both of which can be found labelled "one".

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

i solemnly swear to continue making good posts in the switch thread, and frankly everywhere

Haha, yeah right! I have news for you pal! Your posts are good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

when are you gonna start!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

• Locked thread