Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Knifegrab posted:

Would be so dope, but that would mean BT is the spirit of a man who never learned to give a thumbs up! Who could such a man be?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Knifegrab posted:

Would be so dope, but that would mean BT is the spirit of a man who never learned to give a thumbs up! Who could such a man be?!

Zaphod42?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

AirRaid posted:

Zaphod42?

:captainpop:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

limited posted:

Maybe the twist on the Titanfall franchise is like the whole Warhammer 40k thing. Die in combat? Here. let us put you in a GIANT ROBOT.

To be fair, it would be a good excuse why the Titans have personalities now. They're dead pilots who had their brain scanned or whatever. :stare:

That's what Robo-Davy Crockett is, according to the McFarlane toy.

McFarlane Toys posted:

An enigmatic, independent bounty hunter who communicates with clients via proxies, Jester is an experimental IMC Simulacrum, based on a deceased, highly decorated IMC operative who volunteered for the program. Jester does not know he is a Simulacrum, and is programmed to believe he is the original IMC operative, but without any self-awareness of normal human limitations.

The lady robot faction leader is also a Simulacrum but it's not clear if she was a human to start with. Same with the stim-bot player model, too.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

runchild posted:

The lady robot faction leader is also a Simulacrum but it's not clear if she was a human to start with. Same with the stim-bot player model, too.

I can't wait to play as the robots from SOMA

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
All that matters is BETTAH is back, you nerds

robot thumbs-up is a strong #2

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Psion posted:

All that matters is BETTAH is back, you nerds

robot thumbs-up is a strong #2

We shall rise like a Phoenix brother.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
What's the goon consensus for the platform to get? Was there a big problem with cheaters on the PC for the original game?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Phase Shift looks badass. I can't wait to try it out. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow7mkeKz-3Y

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

lostleaf posted:

Was there a big problem with cheaters on the PC for the original game?

the only problem was teams getting absolutely stomped by a group of jackasses singing the Hamtaro theme song and only using anti-titan weapons

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

lostleaf posted:

What's the goon consensus for the platform to get? Was there a big problem with cheaters on the PC for the original game?

The few cheaters the pc version had got banned pretty fast.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

lostleaf posted:

I think I saw one cheater the entire time it took me to hit prestige 10? It was surprisingly well regulated.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Phase Shift looks like the tryhard 'the milisecond a damage indicator appears I'm just gone' tool of choice

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Psion posted:

the only problem was teams getting absolutely stomped by a group of jackasses singing the Hamtaro theme song and only using anti-titan weapons

Wasn't.... wasn't that us :v:

Yeah there was practically zero problem with cheating/hacking on PC in TF1.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

AirRaid posted:

Wasn't.... wasn't that us :v:

:thejoke:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Went ahead and pulled the trigger to get the GMG discount, be back in a week to post "bargefink was right"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

runchild posted:

Why couldn't NECA get the Titanfall license, McFarlane sucks with the complete lack of articulation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why couldn't NECA get the Titanfall license, McFarlane sucks with the complete lack of articulation.

did you see the bethesda mcfarlane figures, they are utter poo poo as well.(there FNAF stuff isnt that bad though) NECA is to busy making 20 different varieties of predator and aliens to do anything else.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Mastiff's range. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSSQw8c_2U

4 days 6 hours.

Knifegrab posted:

Freezing myself bbl

:same:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently they made the sidewinder a regular weapon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKM-S4GUzPE

Must've seen our gimmick video :smug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I see people on Facebook with the Titanfall branded Mountain Dew and poo poo but I can't find it locally, anyone have any luck being a sad individual?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Wow do those maps feel empty without all the grunts.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Watching that mastiff video then going back and watching old TF1 footage it's almost shocking at how much better TF2 looks and plays. TF1 almost looks like a grey featureless PS2 game in comparison.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

s.i.r.e. posted:

I see people on Facebook with the Titanfall branded Mountain Dew and poo poo but I can't find it locally, anyone have any luck being a sad individual?

I've put in 29 Dew and Dorito codes. I have the Dew skin and the pilot execution but I just can't roll the Ronin unlock. I have not been able to find the specially labeled stuff at Target for that skin. The Buffalo Wild Wings thing starts next week so I'll hit that up and get the code for that skin.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Watching that mastiff video then going back and watching old TF1 footage it's almost shocking at how much better TF2 looks and plays. TF1 almost looks like a grey featureless PS2 game in comparison.

I wasn't so sure about it after the trial, but Respawn really took the feedback to heart. The game looks like a worthy successor now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hopefully you'll be able to turn off the comms banter, I can't imagine how tedious it would be to hear "that pilot's not gonna be happy with you" 200 times over the course of an hour.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've put in 29 Dew and Dorito codes. I have the Dew skin and the pilot execution but I just can't roll the Ronin unlock. I have not been able to find the specially labeled stuff at Target for that skin. The Buffalo Wild Wings thing starts next week so I'll hit that up and get the code for that skin.

I haven't been able to find any codes, despite looking at Target for those camo codes. Luckily I have bros who gave me enough regular codes to get all the regular unlocks.

What does the Buffalo Wild Wings stuff get you?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Antoine Silvere posted:

I haven't been able to find any codes, despite looking at Target for those camo codes. Luckily I have bros who gave me enough regular codes to get all the regular unlocks.

What does the Buffalo Wild Wings stuff get you?

Apparently a Wing print for the Titan nose cones.

Just came back from the market, no luck there either. :smith:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So is the consensus that Titanfall 2 might actually be better? Because I might just save up and buy all those new releases.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Seems like it, yeah.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The Infinite Warfare beta really made me miss the tech test for this game.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

widespread posted:

So is the consensus that Titanfall 2 might actually be better? Because I might just save up and buy all those new releases.

There are definitely some complainers but even if TF2 is somehow worse than TF1 it'll still be really loving good.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
It's going to be game of the year.

Get ready for Titan fall, fuckers.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Knifegrab posted:

There are definitely some complainers but even if TF2 is somehow worse than TF1 it'll still be really loving good.

I see. Guess I should be set then, games-wise.

I get BF1 for historic pre-:godwinning: shenanigans, TitanFall2 for future shenanigans, and IW for dabbing in front of goons in realtime.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008

widespread posted:

I see. Guess I should be set then, games-wise.

I get BF1 for historic pre-:godwinning: shenanigans, TitanFall2 for future shenanigans, and IW for dabbing in front of goons in realtime.

You are a good man.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Do we know exactly when it unlocks? Midnight release? I searched but kept finding times for beta.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Carecat posted:

Do we know exactly when it unlocks? Midnight release? I searched but kept finding times for beta.

What platform and country? In God's chosen country on His chosen system it's 12:01 AM EST

https://majornelson.com/2016/06/13/titanfall-2-is-now-available-for-digital-pre-order-and-pre-download-on-xbox-one/

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
I know what I'm doing from Friday to Monday this week.

:black101::choco::derp:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This friday is my last day at work for a week. :black101:

It wasn't even planned for this, I just took my last week off before I move to a different job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Carecat posted:

If it is anything like bf1, it will unlock Thursday at 9PM PDT.