Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

is stewie cute in person?

He always has this look like the world is full of wonder and he believes he's only begun to see the beauty of what's around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Watch the Epicenter opening ceremony when you can

"In five to ten years we will see e-sports up there right next to traditional sports in the world."

Live action Counter-Strike performance

:ussr:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

Watch the Epicenter opening ceremony when you can

"In five to ten years we will see e-sports up there right next to traditional sports in the world."

Live action Counter-Strike performance

:ussr:

the opening cermony
https://www.twitch.tv/epicenter_en1/v/96438826?t=1h44m00s

god bless

e: the camera missed this part
https://twitter.com/goformatty/status/789769755712520192

O.o

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 22, 2016

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I bought a new PC, had to get a new monitor along with it, now my screen is a lot bigger, my resolution is up to 1920x1080 and I am suddenly so bad at this game. Got rolled back down to SEM. Bad vibes in the team, too, poo poo's bad. I guess I'm gonna have to find the time to re-learn some smokes :( .

stump collector
May 28, 2007

really cool

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

yeah what a gorgeous stage, people can type cringe all they want in chat but they put a lot of work into that intro

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Tevery Best posted:

I bought a new PC, had to get a new monitor along with it, now my screen is a lot bigger, my resolution is up to 1920x1080 and I am suddenly so bad at this game. Got rolled back down to SEM. Bad vibes in the team, too, poo poo's bad. I guess I'm gonna have to find the time to re-learn some smokes :( .

I switched to 4:3 stretched and had to relearn pretty much every smoke I throw. You wouldn't think it affects that much but holy hell does it ever.

code:
sv_cheats 1; sv_infinite_ammo 1; sv_grenade_trajectory 1; sv_grenade_trajectory_dash 1; sv_grenade_trajectory_thickness 1; mp_roundtime 60;mp_roundtime_defuse 60;mp_restartgame 1 

Not that you need me to tell you this at GE. But here's the code I use to learn smokes offline if it's been a while :banjo:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

fennesz posted:

I switched to 4:3 stretched and had to relearn pretty much every smoke I throw. You wouldn't think it affects that much but holy hell does it ever.

Do you aim with your hands or the grenade? You'd think it wouldn't make a difference if you're only aiming it with the crosshair.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Elman posted:

Do you aim with your hands or the grenade? You'd think it wouldn't make a difference if you're only aiming it with the crosshair.

I aim with the crosshair. It doesn't make any sense but all of my Mirage and Dust2 smokes needed to be relearned. Inferno didn't change too much but I didn't know as many set smokes for that and it got remade anyway.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fennesz posted:

i don't understand a single thing going on underneath the hood in this game

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

fennesz posted:

I aim with the crosshair. It doesn't make any sense but all of my Mirage and Dust2 smokes needed to be relearned. Inferno didn't change too much but I didn't know as many set smokes for that and it got remade anyway.

Then how come smoke tutorials are helpful for me even though I'm playing at 1680x1050?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Elman posted:

Then how come smoke tutorials are helpful for me even though I'm playing at 1680x1050?

I'm guessing the spots that worked for me before I went 4:3 were close but not perfect. Afterward I was just missing because it looked different. I know it's not just me though because it was virtually every smoke I threw on every map I played.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Sup goons. I haven't played counter strike since source. I have been playing overwatch and decided to take a break and come back to CS:GO.

How does comp work here? Are there 'placement' matches to start you off or do you just jump in to games? I've been playing a bunch of casual to remind myself and learn the maps.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

creatine posted:

Sup goons. I haven't played counter strike since source. I have been playing overwatch and decided to take a break and come back to CS:GO.

How does comp work here? Are there 'placement' matches to start you off or do you just jump in to games? I've been playing a bunch of casual to remind myself and learn the maps.

you need 10 competitive wins to initially get placed and get a rank.

EDIT: Also you need to be at least rank 3 to play competitive

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think it's rank 2 now

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

you need 10 competitive wins to initially get placed and get a rank.

EDIT: Also you need to be at least rank 3 to play competitive

stump collector posted:

I think it's rank 2 now

Sweet thanks. I'm rank 2 now and I'll just keep playing casual to get a better feel for the maps.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

one of us, one of us :getin:

eleague is on if y'all forgot, eyes peeled for Agoat https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

Agoat posted:

If you're watching I'm back row on C9 side, third from middle. This is the coolest.

which side was C9 side?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

creatine posted:

Sweet thanks. I'm rank 2 now and I'll just keep playing casual to get a better feel for the maps.

I did the same thing a week or two ago, and I'd recommend starting comp on just one map earlier since there is s two win per day limit until you hit ten wins.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

creatine posted:

Savor your first few comp games. You'll likely end up in silver to begin with, and if you have any idea what you're doing you can absolutely destroy people at that tier. I think I went 27/3 in my first comp game and someone was screaming at me the whole time.

Then I got balanced up to MGE/DMG level and got poo poo on so hard I landed in Gold Nova.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Still not got their headphones on right

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

lomarf jkaem unloading 2 entire USP clips into that wall, didnt do ANY damage

stump collector
May 28, 2007

henne posted:

Still not got their headphones on right

they need to start penalizing these idiots

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

I did the same thing a week or two ago, and I'd recommend starting comp on just one map earlier since there is s two win per day limit until you hit ten wins.

Is that 2 wins per map? Or 2 total?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Disqualified is the word you're looking for. I just tuned in for this map but if they are STILL doing that poo poo just DQ them.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Immortals showing a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct screaming at FaZe during OT, I really dislike them.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

creatine posted:

I wouldn't worry about it until you start winning

There's no way FaZe won't win Map 3, even if it is overpass

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

creatine posted:

2 total. Combined w/ being placed in low, low silver it basically means 2-3 games a day for a bit.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

HEN1 is tilted. He started screaming at his teammates to chase down the dude he couldn't M4 tap at long A and ultimately cost them an AWP. That + the early celebration defuse fail could cost them this whole map

OMFG Karrigan noooooooooooooo

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 22, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

seeya later immortals.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I feel...proud. :unsmith:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/EL/status/789930242630492160

:allears:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Allu didn't seem too excited about the win. Just there so he didn't get fined.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HE BLEW HIS LOAD TOO EARLY DAN.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

sleppy posted:

Allu didn't seem too excited about the win. Just there so he didn't get fined.

How familiar are you with Finnish people?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

New Zealand can eat me posted:

one of us, one of us :getin:

eleague is on if y'all forgot, eyes peeled for Agoat https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

which side was C9 side?

I'm not there today, I'm competing in a local event. 1-0 atm! Facing the stage I was on the left group if that helps.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Agoat posted:

I'm not there today, I'm competing in a local event. 1-0 atm! Facing the stage I was on the left group if that helps.

pretty sure it's not open to the public today, i think only Friday nights is when they have a live crowd.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Jeza posted:

How familiar are you with Finnish people?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

"put your headset on and you can head the 10 second count down"

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

stump collector posted:

"put your headset on and you can head the 10 second count down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

pretty sure it's not open to the public today, i think only Friday nights is when they have a live crowd.

They still have an area to meet teams etc