Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Its kind of surprising that they specified physical copies and not all of them in general.

It might turn into some kind of weird quasi-Vita situation where only digital copies work backwards but who knows seeing as Ninty is now saying Switch isn't a successor to either 3DS or the Wii U so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ah, the third pillar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

It might turn into some kind of weird quasi-Vita situation where only digital copies work backwards but who knows seeing as Ninty is now saying Switch isn't a successor to either 3DS or the Wii U so whatever.

I really doubt it. It's only got one screen, and the architecture's completely different to either of them because it's on nVidia Tegra instead of an AMD chipset. At the very least you'd need a touchscreen and even that's up in the air.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Its kind of surprising that they specified physical copies and not all of them in general.

It means WiiU/3DS VC, so you can rebuy all your games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sega JP put out trailers for every one of Puyo Chronicle's 18 rulesets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL7dNZesklPc6-fe-XQGD8z_zjhoUewUXb&v=2pEi-AmJxbI

Puyo Puyo Fever (Single Player, Multiplayer, Internet Play)
Mega Puyo (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Excavation (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Non-Stop Fever (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Skill Battle (Multiplayer, Internet Play)
Active (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Quartet (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Ice Blocks (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Giant Slalom (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Mega Puyo Rush (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Block Puyo (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Big Bang (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Chibi Excavation (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Yontesaki (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Puyo Puyo (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Puyo Puyo Tsu (Single Player, Multiplayer, Internet Play)
Puyo Puyo SUN (Single Player, Multiplayer)
Nazo Puyo (Single Player, Multiplayer)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Since the Bravely Second thread is apparently long dead, anyone here who I can friend up to get all the spells with Glassolalia?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

raditts posted:

Since the Bravely Second thread is apparently long dead, anyone here who I can friend up to get all the spells with Glassolalia?

I'm not far enough along in the game to know what that means, but if I can help let me know and I'll put up my friend code.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

3DS still has basically the strongest library in history, it's not a bad thing to buy.

Also: I don't think the Switch will fit in my pants?

In the history of what?
It's probably not even got as strong a library as the original DS. Certainly not in console history

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm cheating and throwing in the DS carts since they're fully compatible.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's got both the DS and 3DS library actually, which makes it one of the best.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
But the DS had GBA games. So which has the best games, DS+GBA or DS+3DS?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

gbs has the better library but the 3DS will be there when they make a good Castlevania for it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress, don't make me choose

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

DS Lite still the best choice if you can only have one Nintendo portable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The DS gave you all the Advance War games if you're into that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hack your 3DS and you can play GBA natively as well on it.:c00l:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

The DS gave you all the Advance War games if you're into that

oh yeah, Advance Wars 3DS is needed too, with Support Conversations so I can finally marry Sonja and Lash

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
please intsys i've been waiting almost 15 years for this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh yeah, Advance Wars 3DS is needed too, with Support Conversations so I can finally marry Sonja and Lash
its not going to happen, I'm sorry

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

homeless snail posted:

*uncontrollable sobs*

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's true, there won't be anymore advance wars

because they're calling it Switch Wars and it's going to be game of the year 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

With homebrew the 3DS has access to every nintendo portable system and the NES. Even SNES games are playable if you have a New 3DS. I'm not sure if there's any other console with that kind of library.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gmq posted:

With homebrew the 3DS has access to every nintendo portable system and the NES. Even SNES games are playable if you have a New 3DS. I'm not sure if there's any other console with that kind of library.

Homebrew PSP had same access, but also N64, and Playstation.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Cool, let's see what other mental gymnastics people will perform with emulation/hacking to make an argument about a platform's library.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Cool, let's see what other mental gymnastics people will perform with emulation/hacking to make an argument about a platform's library.
The IBM compatible personal computer is the greatest Nintendo platform of all time

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

It's true, there won't be anymore advance wars

because they're calling it Switch Wars and it's going to be game of the year 2017

It's called that because everyone switched to Fire Emblem.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

homeless snail posted:

It actually will.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Homebrew PSP had same access, but also N64, and Playstation.

SNES emulation is loving garbage on a PSP.

Also, lol at N64 emulation.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Don't worry, you'll get another Advance Wars.

It'll be free-to-play on iOS and Android, have energy bars and a timer, and you'll be able to instantly fill your CO gauge with an in-game currency purchaseable with real money. :unsmigghh:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

It'll be free-to-play on iOS and Android, have energy bars and a timer, and you'll be able to instantly fill your CO gauge with an in-game currency purchaseable with real money. :unsmigghh:

I'd still probably play it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I picked up the smaller model size New 3DS (I still have my New XL, don't nag me about getting the wrong one, this is the one I always wanted ok, leave me alone, jeez), and I'm not wild about either of the faceplates it came with: the Super Mario 3D Land one and the yellow retro character one which is the one I'm using now.

Any of y'all got a good website to buy some of these from? I'd like a plain white one, and nothing I'm seeing on Amazon or Nintendo's web store looks tempting. Any suggestions?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I was looking for a plain white faceplate too, but I don't think they exist, at least not officially. Amazon and the Nintendo website seem to have the best selection of them. I settled on the basic orange because I had an orange GameCube controller and it looks pretty good with the white. Stay away from the glossy covers though, yeesh.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The Power of Money is base on you in app purchases

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I saw plain white / primary color faceplates on eBay shipped from China for nominal amounts of money.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

WienerDog posted:

I saw plain white / primary color faceplates on eBay shipped from China for nominal amounts of money.

Ehhh, I learned my lesson with that route with iPhone faceplates. Kinda hoping for something from a more trusted brand than generic knockoffs.

Stan Taylor posted:

I was looking for a plain white faceplate too, but I don't think they exist, at least not officially. Amazon and the Nintendo website seem to have the best selection of them. I settled on the basic orange because I had an orange GameCube controller and it looks pretty good with the white. Stay away from the glossy covers though, yeesh.

The only plain color I can find now is pink. Guess I'll just have to check back in there every so often.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I use faceplate No. 23 and I think it looks fine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

I just wanna play Harvest Moon 64 :(

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

mandatory lesbian posted:

Please look forward to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #AW

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Andrast posted:

SNES emulation was fine going back to the old fat psps, only games it had trouble with were the usuals like yoshis island mario rpg kirby superstar etc

You still have pretty much everything else and the greatest era of jrpgs that run perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

cheese sandwich posted:

SNES emulation was fine going back to the old fat psps, only games it had trouble with were the usuals like yoshis island mario rpg kirby superstar etc

You still have pretty much everything else and the greatest era of jrpgs that run perfectly

Averaging 10 fps and less is not fine during emulation.