Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Looper posted:

i love how older sa refused to call a meme a meme

this is a stupid meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I mean, "older SA" is literally before the word meme was in common parlance. Yeah, Dawkins in 1976, Wired in 1993, but I didn't really hear viral internet poo poo called that regularly until the early 2000s.

Edit: Huh, Google Trends shows the term really taking off around 2010.

Double Edit: It's really weird to think that this dead gay forum has been shambling along with at least some semblance of life for 17 years now.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 22, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Meme wasn't commonplace for that stuff until well after my vintage.

Edit: 05 legion with the dogpile I guess

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I went 11 years without a probe until Baal ruined it
Empty quote posting got me way at the start, don't think anyone would even care about that now :negative:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

The boss music in Lost Odyssey is great and it's a tragedy it hasn't been ported to PC.

My friend likes to stay a system behind so he can have a huge library of cheap games to get. so I recently ordered Infinate Undiscovery and Lost Oddsey for the 360 at like 5 bucks each. Gonna swap my PS4 for his 360 til I beat those games. Any other JRPGs I should hit up on the 360?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My friend likes to stay a system behind so he can have a huge library of cheap games to get. so I recently ordered Infinate Undiscovery and Lost Oddsey for the 360 at like 5 bucks each. Gonna swap my PS4 for his 360 til I beat those games. Any other JRPGs I should hit up on the 360?
Nier.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lets do a podcast, all of us, you and me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

tales of vesperia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

lets do a podcast, all of us, you and me

yea ok lets try and get in on the crossover of people who listen to alex jones + like japanese rpgs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Anybody that tries a podcast, please do the very easy but often ignored method of recording your source audio

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

how do you have an 08 regdate and nothing on your rap sheet. impossible

Sup

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Don't be proud about your lack of meltdowns. It's an important part of being an SA poster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was worried playing Mercedes in Odin Sphere would suck after two melee focused characters but she's like bringing a magic machine gun to a knife fight.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just get ready to hear "HERE WE GO" around a million times.
And yeah people tend to dislike her playstyle since it's the most different from the other four characters. It takes a bit to get used to but you can do some fun maneuvers with it and eventually it becomes even more broken than what you describe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing in Japanese and can tune out 'ikuze!' pretty easily. Yeah, I just got the move where you slide along the floor shooting upwards and I might as well be playing 2D anime Max Payne now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It turns into Gradius eventually. She's really fun.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Baby Babbeh posted:

I mean, "older SA" is literally before the word meme was in common parlance. Yeah, Dawkins in 1976, Wired in 1993, but I didn't really hear viral internet poo poo called that regularly until the early 2000s.

Edit: Huh, Google Trends shows the term really taking off around 2010.

Double Edit: It's really weird to think that this dead gay forum has been shambling along with at least some semblance of life for 17 years now.

older as in just a few years ago, not old as in when you registered

should i have used comic book notation, let's call it the dork age

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

but here's my reg date
so call memes maymays

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just remembered this thread! About RPGs!

How are you supposed to buy the Fire Emblem Fates games? Buy one, then the other one on the Eshop or something? I'd know this already if I had a 3DS.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You buy the other campaigns via an ingame shop, like DLC.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

HGH posted:

Just get ready to hear "HERE WE GO" around a million times.
And yeah people tend to dislike her playstyle since it's the most different from the other four characters. It takes a bit to get used to but you can do some fun maneuvers with it and eventually it becomes even more broken than what you describe.

I bought Odin Sphere on the PS3 when they rereleased it and Mercedes made me stop playing the game

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Motto posted:

You buy the other campaigns via an ingame shop, like DLC.

So just pick one game and grab the others via the ingame shop, got it. Were the paralogues and Xenologues in Awakening also DLC?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RareAcumen posted:

So just pick one game and grab the others via the ingame shop, got it. Were the paralogues and Xenologues in Awakening also DLC?

Xenologues were, Paralogues were in the base game and also FreeLC.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mercedes was my favorite character in the original Odin Sphere, but that largely revolves around understanding that the POW potion entirely makes the character. Not having to Reload completely changes the game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
We need a Tales of Zaveid game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rascyc posted:

i haven't beaten tales of zestiria so all i can imagine is a game where you play as zaveid awkwardly appearing in places and trying to kill people for a minute before deciding to just walk away and tell them not to get eaten by a dragon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rascyc posted:

zaveid is sexy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Should I play Zestiria for him though?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tired Moritz posted:

Should I play Zestiria for him though?

watch the anime

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The Tales of Zestiria anime: it's like the game, but with an additional 300% Alisha suffering!

All she does is suffer, forever

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

The Colonel posted:

i haven't beaten tales of zestiria so all i can imagine is a game where you play as zaveid awkwardly appearing in places and trying to kill people for a minute before deciding to just walk away and tell them not to get eaten by a dragon

just go around stealing everyone's hats

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Mercedes campaign and Oswald feels so boring by comparison. Doesn't help that it seems like he does barely any damage outside of berserk mode either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The Tales of Zestiria anime: it's like the game, but with an additional 300% Alisha suffering!

All she does is suffer, forever
She suffers just as much in the game, it's just off-screen, and you never see it, and she never gets any catharsis because nobody cares

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Mercedes campaign and Oswald feels so boring by comparison. Doesn't help that it seems like he does barely any damage outside of berserk mode either.

He's def the low point for me

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Erg posted:

He's def the low point for me

Same. It's a good thing Velvet is so fun to play as after that

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Is the world map in Devil Summoner Soul Hackers as unbearable as Megami Tensei IV's?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Allarion posted:

Same. It's a good thing Velvet is so fun to play as after that

Also same. Really strange how they could make a character with a devil trigger that unexciting to play as.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wendell posted:

Is the world map in Devil Summoner Soul Hackers as unbearable as Megami Tensei IV's?

Nah, it's just a hub for accessing facilities and dungeons.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Motto posted:

Nah, it's just a hub for accessing facilities and dungeons.

Wonderful, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's hilarious how much they made IV Apocalypse's map easier to navigate. They're like the tiniest changes too.