Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

localloop posted:

How is the Leopard PT A, I have had it unlocked for a while, but I can get it on "sale" now with the on-track. Not sure I have read much positive about it...

It's kinda controversial, but I find it fun. It just depends on how much you like CHAI-sniping. Zudge nailed the description; just don't get hit in it and you're golden, because the gun is great.

Prav posted:

i love tracking people and outmaneuvering them! in my TOGII*!

*Just kidding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

localloop posted:

How is the Leopard PT A, I have had it unlocked for a while, but I can get it on "sale" now with the on-track. Not sure I have read much positive about it...

As people have said, it's decently fun. With the stock Leo Proto you have 330kg to play around with. Upgraded turret is 200kg, and it is really the thing you want first. The stock 90mm goes from a rof of 8.57 to 10. 105mm from 5 to 5.83. They both also get an 0.02 accuracy increase with the upgraded turret. And the upgraded gun is actually lighter than the stock one!

What I'm trying to say is: get the turret first. You can actually completely skip the tracks, though you'll want them eventually for increased passability and poo poo.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I just found this four year old video of me being a absolutely wonderful Batchat driver. It's only 23 seconds long, but in that time, you get to see some truly amazing Batchat plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz8ttKakHrI

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Geisladisk posted:

I just found this four year old video of me being a absolutely wonderful Batchat driver. It's only 23 seconds long, but in that time, you get to see some truly amazing Batchat plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz8ttKakHrI

holy poo poo i hope I can be as good as you one day, and also South Coast can burn in hell

why the gently caress is Dragon Ridge still dead, they could fix esports and clan wars by just having every match be played on Dragon Ridge

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Dragon Ridge isn't dead, it lives on in the realm of Consoles. Of course they raised the valley floor a lot and changed poo poo so the only part there from the old map is the part that was the actual ridge. But still.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Valle posted:

Dragon Ridge isn't dead, it lives on in the realm of Consoles. Of course they raised the valley floor a lot and changed poo poo so the only part there from the old map is the part that was the actual ridge. But still.

then loving bring it back to the goddamn pc you loving morons

seriously they have the map on console? bring it to the pc, there, one good map done, thirty left to fix or kill

e: actually can we trade away sacred valley to bring pearl river back. it was kind of bad if your tank wasn't mobile enough to reposition, and artillery would either miss totally or one shot kill due to the terrain, but god drat sacred valley is trash.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 21, 2016

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Artillery is disgusting and I hate myself for playing it

But this is the kind of carrying I have to do to get a win in a medium tank...

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
They should setup an account transfer from PC to consoles so I can play on a version of the game that actually has developers doing something.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
HIGHCALIBER is today's code

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Barry posted:

Completely redeemed.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Barry posted:

Fully redeemed. First one I've missed. Didn't expect it so early.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I've missed them all.

I need a mod that scans for the code and automatically enters it on the website.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
You can d/l Blitz again for another beta weekend if anyone missed it before:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/444200/?snr=1_4_4__100_3

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

thylacine posted:

You can d/l Blitz again for another beta weekend if anyone missed it before:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/444200/?snr=1_4_4__100_3

the funny thing is that if you downloaded it before, it never went away. you've been able to log in and play this entire time.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

the funny thing is that if you downloaded it before, it never went away. you've been able to log in and play this entire time.

Yeah, I didn't try to to get it then they took the download away when I bothered to.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

NotWearingPants posted:

I've missed them all.

I need a mod that scans for the code and automatically enters it on the website.

I tried using visualping but it didn't work. I just happened to randomly refresh at the right time.

I have all 4 so far but I think that's going to be it. I think I'd rather do just about anything on a Saturday afternoon rather than watching a WOT esports livestream.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just had an incredibly weird game.
One of those matches where your team steamrolls everything before you get anywhere in your giant Japanese barn, the tides even turned twice, so I was out of position constantly and had to run full-steam to even get back in the action. Shot the tip of a 50B's gun, because that was the only thing sticking out, and splash-damaged a teammate in the process. Broke the 50B's gun at least. PINPOINT 15CM ACCURACY

My SINGLE relevant damaging shot was a hail-mary shell lobbed across half the map at a 113 that was capping us. I hit him in the roof and take him out. Game ends, and somehow I'm awarded 250 gold. :confuoot:

Turns out the dude was a Wargaming employee or something?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just had an incredibly weird game.
One of those matches where your team steamrolls everything before you get anywhere in your giant Japanese barn, the tides even turned twice, so I was out of position constantly and had to run full-steam to even get back in the action. Shot the tip of a 50B's gun, because that was the only thing sticking out, and splash-damaged a teammate in the process. Broke the 50B's gun at least. PINPOINT 15CM ACCURACY

My SINGLE relevant damaging shot was a hail-mary shell lobbed across half the map at a 113 that was capping us. I hit him in the roof and take him out. Game ends, and somehow I'm awarded 250 gold. :confuoot:

Turns out the dude was a Wargaming employee or something?

Better lucky than good, mate.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
nice lol id trade a good damage game for one with a gold pay out any time too :D

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

nice lol id trade a good damage game for one with a gold pay out any time too :D

poo poo I don't even need a gold payout, just getting some shithead banned for an hour is good enough for me.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Please tell me TOGII day is over. It was getting to the point where you compared numbers of TOGs and the side with the most was almost certainly going to be the side that lost. It added a whole new dimension of terror to Random Battles. Also the French heavy tank line? After suffering the horror that is the B1 you are 'rewarded' with the BDR G1 B. A 'heavy' tank with 60mm of armour that can face Tiger Is, not to mention the same tier O-I-Exp. Until you get the top tier gun it may as well drown itself at the start of matches. I've ground out the ARL44 before and I don't recall it being nearly this painful (around Patch 7.2).

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
http://wotreplays.com/site/3040158#kharkov-abnormalreflex-m12

Watch the last 30 seconds of the replay for pro arty TD mode action. Double kill the hard way, light tanks don't know to dodge an M12 at ramming speed.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Cartoon posted:

Please tell me TOGII day is over. It was getting to the point where you compared numbers of TOGs and the side with the most was almost certainly going to be the side that lost. It added a whole new dimension of terror to Random Battles. Also the French heavy tank line? After suffering the horror that is the B1 you are 'rewarded' with the BDR G1 B. A 'heavy' tank with 60mm of armour that can face Tiger Is, not to mention the same tier O-I-Exp. Until you get the top tier gun it may as well drown itself at the start of matches. I've ground out the ARL44 before and I don't recall it being nearly this painful (around Patch 7.2).

I got the TOG rental for two days, so probably not! God it's a turd, battle halfway over by the time you get into some kind of position most of the time.

I bet I made someone mad today, it was on Highway and the match just started. I was scoping out the enemy flag in my arty and saw a tree fall over so I took a shot just for the hell of it--ended up blowing up the enemy arty about 25 seconds into the match.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

They're buffing the E 100's AP pen which doesn't matter, but what does matter is they're buffing the VK7201 so that it doesn't have a worse gun than the E 100. Right now the VK has a two second slower reload on the gun, which will soon change:

quote:

VK72.01 (K)

GUN
-Increased penetration of 15cm Kw.K L/36 from 235 to 246mm
-Aim time reduced from 3.26 to 2.7
-Reload time reduced from 21.096 to 19.178
-Rate of fire increased from 2.844 to 3
-DPM increased from 2,133.1 to 2,346.4
-Number of rounds increased from 24 to 35

DISPERSION
-Turret Rotation from 0.153 to 0.096
-Movement from 0.221 to 0.201
-Hull rotation from 0.221 to 0.201
-Turret rotation at maximum speed from 2.76 to 1.73
-While moving at maximum speed from 9.48 to 8.66
-While turning at maximum speed from 5.29 to 4.83

Those dispersion changes seem good, that turret rotation in particular. That's the turret bloom from an Obj 140, and just slightly better movement bloom than the E100 or slightly worse than the E5. The VK was already a slightly faster, thinner E 100 with +2s reload and -200 HP. Now it's a slightly faster, thinner E 100 with better gun handling and -200 HP. Good tank.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

quote:

7201 Armor

-Front armor strengthened from 200 to 240mm

AHAHAHA what the gently caress. I don't have words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUO4HSMrmg

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

AHAHAHA what the gently caress. I don't have words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUO4HSMrmg

That appears to be a thin band between the LFP and UFP, which effectively becomes a weakspot since 240 flat armor is meaningless at tier 10.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Do I really need to get the top gun on the M103, it's 60k XP and seems to do almost nothing compared to the other 120mm

I mean 6% better AP pen, 0.3s better aim time and 0.03 better accuracy are nice but are they 60k XP nice

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 22, 2016

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

TheFluff posted:

Do I really need to get the top gun on the M103, it's 60k XP and seems to do almost nothing compared to the other 120mm

I mean 6% better AP pen, 0.3s better aim time and 0.03 better accuracy are nice but are they 60k XP nice

You don't need it, but it is a quality of life improvement that make the grind noticeably better apparently. I never unlocked it way back and did ok though, my main problem was that I could never fully adjust to the much softer turret, not that the second best gun was bad in any way (though I had suffered throug the 200mm pen on the T32 before gold ammo for credits was a thing, so that probably colored my impression). I also think the M103 has been buffed since then too.

Also, the main difference between the gun is actually projectile speed, the top one is significantly faster.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you should get it, the extra reliability from the better pen, laying and acc is really comfortable

yeah 60k is a lot, but it's 60k in one of the more enjoyable tanks in the game

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheFluff posted:

On one hand I'd recommend it, because it made the tank that much nicer to play, but on the other hand, the M103 got nerfed hard in the last few patches (HD models being a nerf for a tank that isn't russian? what a surprise) and now the turret is ridiculously easy to pen and I wouldn't want to play this tank for any longer than I would have to.

edit : I miss my alien queen...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Now that I've played Blitz about, like, ten hours or so, I gotta say I'm just... not feeling it. Like, don't get me wrong. The MM bands are better, no arty is great, I like some of the revised tank lines. But for some reason it just feels worse to play. Maybe it's how the game controls.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
The only thing I like about it is the 3 second beginning of match. Can't get into the phone graphics at all.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
R 35

Queue: R35 in German service, Medium Tank T1E1, T-55, Strv m/38 and m/39, Vickers E, Christie Combat Car T1/Convertible Medium Tank T3

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car T4
Combat Car M1 NEW

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II
Medium Tank Mk.III
A1E1 Independent
Vickers Mk.E

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks

:poland:
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzIII Ausf. A
PzIII Ausf. B through D
PzIV Ausf. A through C

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Available for request:

:ussr:
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda NEW

Is the IRL Russian 76mm just as terrible as all the in-game Russian 76mms?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I made a friend

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

apseudonym posted:

I made a friend

how loving dare you win that battle

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
CODE IS

MATCHMAKER

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

CODE IS

MATCHMAKER

Wait, what the gently caress? Didn't that broadcast start seven hours ago?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? Didn't that broadcast start seven hours ago?

yeah iv just had it on in the background and they finally did a code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

yeah iv just had it on in the background and they finally did a code

ahahahaha they only have 2300 viewers, what a goddamn failure