Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Grassy Knowles posted:

forget the spacing they're in the shade of the building

Yes. You're not supposed to dry things in direct sunlight, because that makes the colors fade. Having them outside in the warm air is enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

There's a big pile of stupid lifehacks here, all presented without any kind of context, so half of them are not only stupid, but make no sense!

http://imgur.com/gallery/AayjH

This owns, I don't care what anyone says. :colbert:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TheBigAristotle posted:

That's cute, it's not so much a lifehack as just a quirky piece of furniture.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I'd use that. But it also uses at least one tool I don't have. Show of hands, who has the ability to mount eyelets on a tennis ball?

If you did, you could make some money selling those and things like them to hipsters at a local market.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Glue on googly eyes instead. Walla! Bonus eldritch horror when one inevitably falls off.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TheBigAristotle posted:

Friend Tennis Ball is adorable, and also a really interesting case study in internet apocrypha. Try and find the original DIY with the eyelets - you can't. All there are are imitations, usually using googly eyes like this monstrosity:

The original is so clean-looking and so un-source-able I'm starting to wonder if it's just a CGI product rendering

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hirayuki posted:

Glue on googly eyes instead. Walla! Bonus eldritch horror when one inevitably falls off.

Your standards for eldritch horror are really, worryingly low.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I got some some retirable tennis balls at home, and some eyelet tongs that I've never used. I'll let you know when I'm done/hurt myself.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think the most adorable thing about the Friend Wall Balls is that they've obviously taken care to mount the eyes for optimal derp.

:downs:

e: I mean they're walleyed.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Oct 18, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Karate Bastard posted:

I got some some retirable tennis balls at home, and some eyelet tongs that I've never used. I'll let you know when I'm done/hurt myself.

At hostpital eyelet in fingat post mote later

Karate Bastard posted:

I think the most adorable thing about the Friend Wall Balls is that they've obviously taken care to mount the eyes for optimal derp.

:downs:

e: I mean they're walleyed.

:golfclap:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Somfin posted:

Your standards for eldritch horror are really, worryingly low.

That is not dead which can eternal hold a key or a towel or something.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fil5000 posted:

That is not dead which can eternal hold a key or a towel or something.

But the shocking twist is that the countess....... HAS ONE EYE!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
for true lovecraftian horror get black tennis balls

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Need a new mailbox? Got an old microwave? Walla!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That is actually awesome.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Look for Postmaster General's Seal

Every new mailbox design should be reviewed and receive the Postmaster General’s (PMG) seal of approval before it goes to market. If you opt to construct your own mailbox, it must meet the same standards as manufactured boxes, so show the plans to your local postmaster for approval.

Who Owns your Mailbox?

Homeowners need to be aware that even though they purchased and maintain the residential mailbox, the mailbox belongs to and is controlled by the USPS (United States Postal Service). That means that any tampering of the mailbox is a federal offense.

Filed Under: Mailbox Laws and Regulations Tagged With: Laws

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What constitutes a mailbox? Can I just leave a bucket by my door with a piece of mail in it as a hint?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Remember to put "no advertising" on it and you'll get all the free paper in the world #lifehack

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zipperelli. posted:

Need a new mailbox? Got an old microwave? Walla!

This is good. It's large enough to hold small parcels, for convenient online shopping.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So the mail anthrax scare is back, I see.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

This is good. It's large enough to hold small parcels, for convenient online shopping.

Yeah but they'll still just leave a note saying it couldn't be delivered. That's a postman life hack.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Like my sinful black heart.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Now I want to see a news article about a newly-appointed PMG confiscating literally everyone's mailboxes without warning since they're the office's property

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdflRCoXk
Lifehack: Heat glue sticks to make them into glue.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

There's a big pile of stupid lifehacks here, all presented without any kind of context, so half of them are not only stupid, but make no sense!

http://imgur.com/gallery/AayjH

This one took me a minute to figure out that the magnetic tape was not the lifehack:

Looks good on paper, but this is what I use:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Iron Crowned posted:

This one took me a minute to figure out that the magnetic tape was not the lifehack:

I have tried this a few times and all it does for me is mangle and stretch the plastic without actually cutting it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I have tried this a few times and all it does for me is mangle and stretch the plastic without actually cutting it.

Xactos are the best way, easily cuts through that first layer of plastic like it was butter, and if you hurt yourself opening it that way you deserve to bleed out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I just use scissors. :shrug:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I use bread clips

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CommonShore posted:

I use bread clips

Pro as gently caress.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/bik/5794817278.html

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

What does that bike sound like?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Haifisch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdflRCoXk
Lifehack: Heat glue sticks to make them into glue.

Why would you have glue sticks and not a glue gun? WHY?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

WrenP-Complete posted:

Despair.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

Looks good on paper, but this is what I use:

Was that exacto knife cutting things before it was cool?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Mikl posted:

Am I the only one who has a dedicated kitchen drawer for plastic bags? Whenever I come home with one I just fold it and toss it in there, and then never use it again because I usually bring a tote bag along when I go shopping (because I'm a cheapskate and gently caress paying ten cents for a bag).

Where in the hell do you live and/or shop where you have to pay for plastic bags? Most stores literally give those things away!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Waaaaallllaaaaaaa

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PubicMice posted:

Where in the hell do you live and/or shop where you have to pay for plastic bags? Most stores literally give those things away!

Enjoy it while it lasts. Where I live (Vancouver Island) there's now a 5 cent enviro fee on every bag to encourage us to use reusable bags.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Facebook Aunt posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Where I live (Vancouver Island) there's now a 5 cent enviro fee on every bag to encourage us to use reusable bags.

The thing is when the sales tax on your groceries is more than the cost of those bags, you never really give a gently caress.

In fact, the cost of the bags is less than the difference between PST and GST where I shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

PubicMice posted:

Italy. Every single grocery store here charges you something like five or ten (euro) cents per plastic bag.