Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah SC2 died a quick death, especially considering its poor reception. , I believe after the first expac, overall player base went down and with LoTV it dropped further, or at least that's how it seemed.

It does not seem to be big in the tournament scene outside of korea, and I'm not sure how big it is there still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Photex posted:

Can someone from na'vi check loving hut roof?

its insane how effective that is contrasted with how i always get owned if i play there

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

MF_James posted:

Yeah SC2 died a quick death, especially considering its poor reception. , I believe after the first expac, overall player base went down and with LoTV it dropped further, or at least that's how it seemed.

It does not seem to be big in the tournament scene outside of korea, and I'm not sure how big it is there still.

i'd imagine DOTA2 has taken over popularity in korea

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Dignitas gonna break the danish curse? (lolno)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Photex posted:

Dignitas gonna break the danish curse? (lolno)

anders was straight up giggling with excitement :3: :denmark:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

MF_James posted:

Four fairly major teams dropped their sc2 divisions recently so even in Korea it's almost dead

Photex posted:

i'd imagine DOTA2 has taken over popularity in korea

In order of popularity I think it's league then overwatch/DotA fighting for second and third

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Pretty cool to see Dignitas do well. They're all very likable, practice hard, and finally it seems to start to pay off.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Four fairly major teams dropped their sc2 divisions recently so even in Korea it's almost dead

In order of popularity I think it's league then overwatch/DotA fighting for second and third

Overwatch has been the most played game in pc bangs for some time. League is the number two now. But their numbers are very close, so the exact positions might fluctuate a bit from month to month.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

Overwatch has been the most played game in pc bangs for some time. League is the number two now. But their numbers are very close, so the exact positions might fluctuate a bit from month to month.

I could've sworn league went back to number one like the week after overwatch came out but I haven't checked the stats, any chance you could link me?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Does anybody see VP winning this? I feel like Dig is way more on point

:getin: Come hang out for the finals steam chat link

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
whoever wins im ok with it because i dont follow the scene very close but from the impressions i have vp has been a non entity in serious competition for a long time barring recent surges in performance, and dignitas hasnt been relevant in years

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Byali is playing like his phone is plugged into his computer

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Photex posted:

WCS basically killed off SC2 tourny's.

sc2 being a bad game where blizzard kept doubling down on some issues (damage is too loving high+autoblobbing and smart siege units is like god drat now, you look away to macro at the wrong second you just lost the game) and bandage others (YOU HAD TWO CHANCES TO JUST BREAK PROTOSS DOWN AND REWORK IT FROM THE GROUND UP AND INSTEAD YOU ADDED A lovely NOT-REAVER AND THE MOTHERSHIP CORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) is what killed SC2

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fauxshiz posted:

Byali is playing like his phone is plugged into his computer

Good. Just like real sports, it's way more fun to watch when everyone is using some kind of performance enhancer.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Was there a memo that Magiskb0y is pronounced "may-gisk" instead of "mah-jisk', like magic?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Anders always says things wrong

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Was there a memo that Magiskb0y is pronounced "may-gisk" instead of "mah-jisk', like magic?

Probably doing their best to anglofy something that's not supposed to be pronounced by human vocal chords

Spoken danish basically sounds like someone beat a german retarded and stuffed his mouth full of cotton

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:vince: neo is loving insane this series

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
"camera man is a god"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

New Zealand can eat me posted:

:vince: neo is loving insane this series

im heading right to that retarded subreddit about cheating pros to post about how neo is aimbotting and flusha's face illuminates the nightsky, nodding at him

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is just Epicenter being played today? I am asking because I have footballs to watch and actual things to do today. I don't want to miss any games for when I get home later.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Looks like it http://www.hltv.org/matches/

stump collector
May 28, 2007
neo's consecutive 4k gun round were insane neo is insane i love neo im gay now

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Probably doing their best to anglofy something that's not supposed to be pronounced by human vocal chords

Spoken danish basically sounds like someone beat a german retarded and stuffed his mouth full of cotton

Anders is pronouncing it the Danish way.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
haha he ecoed them its over son

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

same

Tax Oddity posted:

Anders is pronouncing it the Danish way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

loving amatuer hour over here, what kind of noob org lets their players leave open drinks on the gaming table?!?! :negative:

E: I mean, seriously. The computers are on the same table. It was inevitable

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 23, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://clips.twitch.tv/epicenter_en1/ComfortableCurlewNoNoSpot
lol

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I tried calling it twice, was busy both times

VP seems worthless right now, has the plow ran out of gas? :ohdear:

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 23, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
byali spilled monster all over himself and taz lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hell fuckin yeah map 3 starting in 15 minutes probably

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Any of you play BF1 and also are good at it? NEED SQUAD MEMBERS

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

hell yeah thats how you do it

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Creeper cameraman. Every cut to the audience is of a chick. I'm not mad tho.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im happy about it

dig is going so hard

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Man the player gloves and stuff like grafitti and street signs saying epicenter is pretty neat

I gotta say, I'm impressed with the production of this tournament

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Didn't Epicenter do an epic DOTA or LoL event last year? These people definitely need to do more events.

What's up with VP right now? this is the worst final map of the grand finals I've ever seen

v i r t u s . t h r o w

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

This tournament has a lot of charm. It's not super polished, it's not perfect, but it's just :3:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

dutch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

stump collector posted:

im happy about it

dig is going so hard

hell yeah go dig