Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I pubbed one down lab rats 3 times. finally got the achievement on the third time because NO YOU HAVE TO START IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The FBI files have been updated to include Geneva convention violations for killing Medics (It wouldn't technically apply because the medics are combatants, but whatevs), as well as some traffic violations.

We had this discussion eariler, I think it's a war Crime to dress up combatants in medic outfits, that is to say, and person who uses the red cross/crescent/diamond(?) and shoots at other combatants is violating the geneva convention in the first place.

Lawyered!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Drewjitsu posted:

We had this discussion eariler, I think it's a war Crime to dress up combatants in medic outfits, that is to say, and person who uses the red cross/crescent/diamond(?) and shoots at other combatants is violating the geneva convention in the first place.

Lawyered!

I would imagine it'd be devastating to have a squad of medics that the enemy will actively ignore due to the Convention suddenly light up other groups from the inside with a surprise attack.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So this is the build I'm currently using for Mayhem. The thing that I'm concerned about is the Brawler tree. I can't think of any skills that really improve grenade launchers other than Bloodthirst, so that feels like a good option, but Frenzerking feels pretty marginal. Would I be better off moving those points to Revenant or even Controller?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tulip posted:

So this is the build I'm currently using for Mayhem. The thing that I'm concerned about is the Brawler tree. I can't think of any skills that really improve grenade launchers other than Bloodthirst, so that feels like a good option, but Frenzerking feels pretty marginal. Would I be better off moving those points to Revenant or even Controller?

Assuming Body Expertise applies to the minigun, you really want to have that.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Tulip posted:

Frenzy alone is good because it increases your survivability. Berserker will help the Minigun, so it's justified.

Unfortunately, as Psion has pointed out, you don't have skills to help the Minigun, and I'm not sure going up to only basic Frenzy is worth it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Psion posted:

Assuming Body Expertise applies to the minigun, you really want to have that.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Frenzy alone is good because it increases your survivability. Berserker will help the Minigun, so it's justified.

Unfortunately, as Psion has pointed out, you don't have skills to help the Minigun, and I'm not sure going up to only basic Frenzy is worth it.

What should I move around to get body expertise? It's more of a support build so I don't like the idea of giving up Inspire. I guess I could move points from ammo spec? Does the flamethrower benefit from body expertise?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Drewjitsu posted:

Lawyered!

All medical stuff in the game, including medics, have their symbols altered so as not to use images registered to the red cross. In the medic's case, the colors are inverted- white cross, red background.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Body Expertise does indeed apply to the Minigun, but not to the flamethrower. You will want a full compliment of skills from Oppressor if you want to use the minigun. Also, Frenzy basic is not worth it, ace it or move the points elsewhere.

"Full support" builds don't really exist on One Down unless you plan to run all crossbows/all launchers so you have no need for weapon skills, but it is still possible on Mayhem/Deathwish.

This is what my automatics build looks like for Mayhem/DW: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfr:eGHiLNpr:tmNoR:gjl:fMnOR:ibcdea:::

For One Down you will need to give up Inspire: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eGHiLmNPr:tMNoR:gjl:fHLMnOR:ibcdea:::

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tulip posted:

What should I move around to get body expertise? It's more of a support build so I don't like the idea of giving up Inspire. I guess I could move points from ammo spec? Does the flamethrower benefit from body expertise?

It's either giving up Inspire's tree or giving up Fully Loaded's tree, yeah. If you give up ammo and still have four points, consider acing Scavenger though. Generating extra boxes helps the entire team, especially with an ammo-bag dependent weapon like the minigun meaning you're hitting those all too often.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Create mod to turn Bile into Filbert from Rocko's Modern Life. Ya pick up tha bag, Ya wash ya hands. Ya restart the drill, ya wash ya hands. Ya shoot the gun, ya wash ya hands.

Did you touch some random guard's pager?! Do you even know where its been?!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If you want to know what coolguye looks like, place a mirror pointing upwards between your legs and look into that mirror.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Plan Z posted:

If you want to know what coolguye looks like, place a mirror pointing upwards between your legs and look into that mirror.

He looks like my massive gut? Okay.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are you a developer or w/e? Or do you just comb out every file in the game after every patch?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

shut up blegum posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are you a developer or w/e? Or do you just comb out every file in the game after every patch?

I collate info from a bunch of sources, including people who dive the code, several other places where Payday 2 is discussed, and a few of the developers.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Drewjitsu posted:

Lawyered!

Tamayachi posted:

I would imagine it'd be devastating to have a squad of medics that the enemy will actively ignore due to the Convention suddenly light up other groups from the inside with a surprise attack.

From what I've read, the way it works is that medics can be armed, but can only use their weapons to defend themselves or their patients. The moment they use their weapons offensively, they give up their Geneva Convention protections.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Plan Z posted:

You'll need to put a ring on your junk first

Try one of the 9 from birth of sky

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

He looks like my massive gut? Okay.

Sure, it can look like a lot of different things to different people, like when rings on Birth of Sky on mayhem difficulty are de-synced so only certain people see them.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Plan Z posted:

Sure, it can look like a lot of different things to different people, like when rings on Birth of Sky on mayhem difficulty are de-synced so only certain people see them.

You don't know desync until you've tried stealthing with Metal as the host.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxTPJlfgLpU

To be fair, he gets the exact same thing when I host too :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

All medical stuff in the game, including medics, have their symbols altered so as not to use images registered to the red cross. In the medic's case, the colors are inverted- white cross, red background.
Sorry, they look like Rebel Alliance pilots and you will not convince me otherwise.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Any word on what the dates are for the Halloween event this year?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Any word on what the dates are for the Halloween event this year?

Jacket, Wolf and Sydney.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Uhm, I just entered a lobby with a hacker. He just stood still at the start of the heist and threw like 100 bags of loot into the van. Is there a way to report that?

Soral
May 30, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

Uhm, I just entered a lobby with a hacker. He just stood still at the start of the heist and threw like 100 bags of loot into the van. Is there a way to report that?

"report violation" under the "more" tab on their steam profile has a "suspected cheater" option. snitch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7kVlQGNy0w&t=55s

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Soral posted:

"report violation" under the "more" tab on their steam profile has a "suspected cheater" option. snitch.

Ok thanks. And yeah, I might be a snitch but whatever, I really don't see the point of cheating in a game like Payday. Why even play it at that point?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

Jacket, Wolf and Sydney.

....what? The start and stop dates for the event heist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
he's being a smartass blanks

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Either the joke is too smart or too dumb for me to understand.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Vox wants to date Jacket, I guess?

Beep boop what are jokes

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
How much prep work does Jacket have to do to date? Does he stick to the cliche lines for his cassette? Does he have "Classy Dame" and "Booty Call" mixtapes already set? Would he change up the mask? Why am I thinking of Jacket dressing up as Tuxedo Mask?

Get on this Vox. I need a valentine's event with Jacket to answer the serious questions of Payday lore.

Soral
May 30, 2009

you'll find all those answers and much more in my visual novel: "Doki Doki no Hotline: Do You Like Loving Other People?"

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Sternieliscious posted:

How much prep work does Jacket have to do to date? Does he stick to the cliche lines for his cassette? Does he have "Classy Dame" and "Booty Call" mixtapes already set? Would he change up the mask? Why am I thinking of Jacket dressing up as Tuxedo Mask?

Get on this Vox. I need a valentine's event with Jacket to answer the serious questions of Payday lore.

"Careless Whisper" and mariachi music on both sides.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 24, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
:pubstove: Chronicles: Day 2 of One Down Experiment, after finding party that could handle Rats and Firestarter good enough, most quit moving onto watchdogs when we didn't obey their whining to rush into Lab Rats.

Also all future Stealth should work with Murky Station as the model after soloing the older heists for OD. They either fall under abusing ECM rushes or waiting on getting into guard patterns after long hours. Murky at least freshens this up a bit by letting you have active cover be a part of progression so you just don't run back to the same 3 or 4 safe holes like Big Bank or Diamond. Cover is everywhere around the trains or in the vents, you can move to a lot of potential locations but still get hosed by bad movements and it feels a lot more stealthy than just crouch walking and running like a moron.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 25, 2016

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Sternieliscious posted:

OK, you know what, I would be down as gently caress for a Jacket dating sim. Or Payday dating in general, with secret Captain Winters ending if you betray them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

xanthan posted:

OK, you know what, I would be down as gently caress for a Jacket dating sim. Or Payday dating in general, with secret Captain Winters ending if you betray them.

Paydate the Heist mod

It's an expanded form of safehouse and daily jobs, with separate affection meters from whomever's job you do, with whichever heister you're playing as.
Build affection by going on heists with other crew members, and by getting them specific loot or items.
Different heisters will want to do things in heists at different Date Heist affection thresholds.
Special DLC characters include the Spotter, Ilija the sniper you hired, Twitch, Bile, Alex, and Bobblehead Bob.

Maxing out any character's affection with any other character, and completing a last Date Heist, unlocks a special scene, and makes your characters Partners in Crime. It also gives that character a set of stat bonuses if they are controlled by AI and you are controlled by the character that won them over.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 25, 2016

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hatoful Heister

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
"Alright crew, today you're going to be stealing... My Heart" -- Beloved Bain

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Something something heart enclosed in a titan safe something something tsundere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
turns out you dont date jacket but instead you take his tape recorder out to dinner