Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alola meowth is laxed as gently caress :chillpill:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Alola meowth is laxed as gently caress :chillpill:

l e g a l i z e i t

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Next month is going to be a monster. Dishonored 2, CoD, Pokemon, FFXV and last but not least Watch_Dogs_2_

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raichu barfing a girls head

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's my fetish

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That pose really makes me think I'm looking at some kinda fetish instead of a cosplay.

This is a pretty good video game costume

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

That pose really makes me think I'm looking at some kinda fetish instead of a cosplay.

that's how mice sit

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Some people released a free, open source remake of Diablo 1: https://freeablo.org/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Free Ablo!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
OK, closing in on like the 2/3rds mark of Yakuza 2 (well it depends how much more screwing around I do with side missions and stuff; surprisingly addictive) and I think I'm just gonna skip straight to Yakuza 4 after I'm done.

Maybe I'll swing back around to 3 later.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If I only have a ps4, what Yakuza titles are available to me? I feel like it's a franchise I should check out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snak posted:

If I only have a ps4, what Yakuza titles are available to me? I feel like it's a franchise I should check out.

Yakuza 0 is coming out in January. That's the first PS4 one unless they are on PSNow

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Yakuza 0 is coming out in January. That's the first PS4 one unless they are on PSNow

Cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought Gears of War 4 this morning. The PC download is 73GB, biggest download i've ever done. :eyepop:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. How?

Is Gears 4 not a like, 5 hour game like previous gears games?

How is it bigger than Witcher 3?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you just don't compress stuff

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Everyone had a problem with using winzip with that little popup message telling them to pay.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Snak posted:

Holy poo poo. How?

Is Gears 4 not a like, 5 hour game like previous gears games?

How is it bigger than Witcher 3?

Uncompressed multiplayer skins.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I do always wonder how many people like in the history of Winzip have given them money.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FanaticalMilk posted:

Uncompressed multiplayer skins.

Okay, I revise my question of "how?" to "why?"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

That sweet sweet lootbox skrilla.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Because it's not their problem once it's released.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm super surprised, but Battlefield 1 is loving great. The UI has some issues, and the party system leaves a bunch to be desired, but the core gameplay is real fun and not THAT buggy. It's the least :dice: game in a while I think. I'll probably pick up Civ VI next month sometime, but I'm not sure with Dishonored 2 and Pokemans coming out.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I think Elder Scrolls Online is still the record holder with 80gb and it came out in 2014.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

that's how mice sit

Gen 1 fat mouse Pikachu > every other Pikachu

I said come in! posted:

I bought Gears of War 4 this morning. The PC download is 73GB, biggest download i've ever done. :eyepop:

We're three years into the console generation where bluray storage sizes are the norm, almost every major AAA game has been at least 40 gigs for awhile now. D44M is also like 70 gigs and even Shadow of Mordor was about 50 gigs.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think they said the new CoD is 130GB but it's including the Modern Warfare remaster

Huge file sizes are why I don't really like buying console games digitally, I dunno how PC people deal with it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Gen 1 fat mouse Pikachu > every other Pikachu

hmm i prefer pikachu libre and pikachu belle. dedenne is better than any pikachu though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Emolga

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they said the new CoD is 130GB but it's including the Modern Warfare remaster

Huge file sizes are why I don't really like buying console games digitally, I dunno how PC people deal with it

Doesn't normally bother me because I have unlimited fibre and a 2TB drive, but I'd probably balk at 130GB for two games on my PS4 even so.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Emolga

very cute. A+, or should i say a plusle

e: i probably shouldn't

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

PC people deal with it by not having god-awful download speeds. It's sad when you have 150 mb/s download speed and a full game on PSN still takes 4-5 hours to download.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also nobody on PC plays COD or gears

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FanaticalMilk posted:

PC people deal with it by not having god-awful download speeds. It's sad when you have 150 mb/s download speed and a full game on PSN still takes 4-5 hours to download.

I get around 6-8MB/sec on PS4, it's not as fast as my PC but it's not too bad either.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

Everyone had a problem with using winzip with that little popup message telling them to pay.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I do always wonder how many people like in the history of Winzip have given them money.
Not quite but close enough...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX_pF03vCSU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:popeye:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FanaticalMilk posted:

They probably meant how do they deal with data caps, not time invested.

So glad i dont have one

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do we know if those giant download sizes for Gears and COD are just space on disk, or the actual amount of data being transferred? I'm pretty sure that most of these game downloads come in compressed, so you end up actually downloading less than the size of the game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
FOX ONLY
NO ITEMS
FINAL DESTINATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUJItQZjyk

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow, I guess Excite Truck just doesn't exist huh
To be fair, you don't unlock the monster truck until nearly the end of Excite Truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

devtesla posted:

Do we know if those giant download sizes for Gears and COD are just space on disk, or the actual amount of data being transferred? I'm pretty sure that most of these game downloads come in compressed, so you end up actually downloading less than the size of the game.
You can check actual download sizes on Steam with this: https://steamdb.info/app/209160/depots/ You just have to replace the app id with a game you're interested in.

Gears isn't on Steam though and CoD isn't released yet so it's not possible to see data for them at this moment.

• Locked thread