Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
sometimes when I'm drunk I'll touch people like that because I have awful balance but I don't think that's what was goin on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Troposphere posted:

sometimes when I'm drunk I'll touch people like that because I have awful balance but I don't think that's what was goin on

Her goddamn meltdown was legendary though. That's the type of person who murders someone if they're around kitchen knives when it happens.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

MachineryNoise posted:

Yeah, I don't know why a man would be scared of his recent insane ex pounding on his door. It's a well-documented fact that women can't use weapons. They have such dainty little hands, they could never pull a trigger, or do any real damage with a knife.
but she's 5'7" and 150 lbs, that's, like, almost man-sized

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In the American post-punk revival band The Killers' magnum opus Mr Brightside, a line wherein the singer's significant other touches another man's chest immediately precedes one wherein the other man in question takes off the woman's dress, and furthermore

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

but she's 5'7" and 150 lbs, that's, like, almost man-sized

Almost? :smith:
I think I'm slightly taller but she has me by a couple of kilograms.

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 24, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What kind of person makes racist jokes to people they don't know in real life settings? What kind of person makes racist jokes period? It's amusing how she tries to justify how she didn't gently caress up after the fact too.

Actual work convo

Dan: Hey Mark

Mark: yeah

Dan: How do you hide a black man's welfare check? Put it in his work boots.

Mark and everybody else in the room: *laughs*

Mark was the only black guy

loquacius posted:

In the American post-punk revival band The Killers' magnum opus Mr Brightside, a line wherein the singer's significant other touches another man's chest immediately precedes one wherein the other man in question takes off the woman's dress, and furthermore

I like this song/band/album

Too bad it was overplayed when it came out

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

loquacius posted:

actually, it started out with a kiss

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

loquacius posted:

You will die a dog's death.

So will these two.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

how did it end up like this :(

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Actual work convo

Dan: Hey Mark

Mark: yeah

Dan: How do you hide a black man's welfare check? Put it in his work boots.

Mark and everybody else in the room: *laughs*

Mark was the only black guy

It's really, really sad that I have to say this in goddamn 2016, but you are a drooling moron and horrible rear end in a top hat if you think that telling racist jokes in the workplace is normal and expected.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

It's really, really sad that I have to say this in goddamn 2016, but you are a drooling moron and horrible rear end in a top hat if you think that telling racist jokes in the workplace is normal and expected.

Let me tell you about the time the shift supervisor/foreman called me a pussy for using ear protection while steam cleaning

Or the guy who asked another supervisor if he was the company pivot man

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is different

quote:

Girlfriend of 8 months [F 19] is angry with me [M 19]to the point of breaking up over changing my Twitter profile picture to Bobby Hill.

Yesterday I saw a funny picture of Bobby Hill and I made it my Twitter profile picture. No one follows me on twitter. Maybe 40 people that I don't know in person. The picture was me and her at a museum. It'd been that way since August. The picture is still on twitter. It hasn't gone anywhere. She got so angry about this and said she no longer wanted to be in the relationship because I just embarrassed her. And she says that I'm embarrassed by her because I don't post her on my Instagram/Snapchat which I don't use. I offered to just change the picture back. She wasn't having it. I don't see what else I can do here. Should I just let her go if she wants to go over something so trivial?

TL'DR: Girlfriend wants to break up over me changing my Twitter picture to Bobby Hill.

EDIT: Sent her a text this morning that said "Sorry about everything that happened." Hoping to patch things up. She just said "K".

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Let me tell you about the time the shift supervisor/foreman called me a pussy for using ear protection while steam cleaning

Or the guy who asked another supervisor if he was the company pivot man

You should probably get a new job and stop being a horrible racist and sexist rear end in a top hat.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

this is different

There has to be more to this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

You should probably get a new job and stop being a horrible racist and sexist rear end in a top hat.

I'm just cashing checks until I finish my grad school applications

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

corn on the cop posted:

i am mortified about my behavior but only after the fact

lol she done hosed up

it's not even a joke, it's just a racist comment about her husband in front of her husband's new colleagues.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I was talking to this chinese girl and I mentioned how I saved money on something and she exclaimed "you so jew!!!" loudly in the middle of the office. If my first instinct was to laugh at her funny accent rather than get offended, who is the real racist????

Together we can solve the problem of workplace racism, one bull at a time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 11, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Me Chinese me play joke
Me make pee pee in your coke.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Every time someone makes an "In Russia, X Y's you!" joke I throw a temper tantrum and instantly :sever: cause everyone who does that is clearly a massive racist.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I was talking to this chinese girl and I mentioned how I saved money on something and she exclaimed "you so jew!!!" loudly in the middle of the office(...in the financial industry). If my first instinct was to laugh at her funny accent rather than get offended, who is the real racist????

Together we can solve the problem of workplace racism, one bull at a time.

What if she were Japanese and also your boss and she jokingly chided "Albeit macht flei!"
Would you laugh or gaze, stupefied?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

corn on the cop posted:

this is different

ah, kids

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

phasmid posted:

What if she were Japanese and also your boss and she jokingly chided "Albeit macht flei!"
Would you laugh or gaze, stupefied?

gaze, wealthily

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
One of the guys at my dad's company got written up for casually dropping this bomb at an employee function: "Why don't Jews go down on women? Because the pussy is too close to the gas chamber."

So let's recap here. We've got a) vulgar sexual commentary, b) jewish stereotyping, and c) holocaust joke (also a fart joke). It's like this dude went out of his way to find the worst possible joke he could possibly tell in a mixed environment. The only way he could have hosed up worse is if he'd followed it up with: 'Oh and by the way, I hate gays and black people'. I've said a lot of dumb poo poo before, but sometimes even I don't know what goes through people's heads.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Know your crowd. :shrug:

Me and my core group of friends laugh at racist jokes sometimes, but it probably helps that those of us telling them are all some degenerate variant of mullato. Or quadroon.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Naerasa posted:

One of the guys at my dad's company got written up for casually dropping this bomb at an employee function: "Why don't Jews go down on women? Because the pussy is too close to the gas chamber."

So let's recap here. We've got a) vulgar sexual commentary, b) jewish stereotyping, and c) holocaust joke (also a fart joke). It's like this dude went out of his way to find the worst possible joke he could possibly tell in a mixed environment. The only way he could have hosed up worse is if he'd followed it up with: 'Oh and by the way, I hate gays and black people'. I've said a lot of dumb poo poo before, but sometimes even I don't know what goes through people's heads.

I would do my best to fire that idiot over the next year because that is a hostile workplace lawsuit waiting to happen

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I'd bet good money that if you asked Mark from Nissin Cup Nudist's post whether he actually thought that joke was funny or was just really uncomfortable and laughed because it was easier than raising a stink, you wouldn't get a response because imaginary people can't talk

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mordja posted:

Know your crowd. :shrug:

Me and my core group of friends laugh at racist jokes sometimes, but it probably helps that those of us telling them are all some degenerate variant of mullato. Or quadroon.

I used to think racism is bad but now I'm not so sure

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

loquacius posted:

Yeah I'd bet good money that if you asked Mark from Nissin Cup Nudist's post whether he actually thought that joke was funny or was just really uncomfortable and laughed because it was easier than raising a stink, you wouldn't get a response because imaginary people can't talk

wait until the tumblr otherkin community hears about this

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

hello im a 28 year old man, the scariest thing that ever happened to me was a 22 year old girl hitting her jeep with a book. stay safe america.

the nu male cometh

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I used to think racism is bad but now I'm not so sure

I'm glad you changed your mind cause I really wanted to make this Irish Leprechaun and Potatoes joke and I wouldn't be able to otherwise without being a racist.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [33 M] father-in-law [late 70s M] is trying to turn my son [8 M] into a racist and my wife [37 F] is okay with it

Two years ago, my mother-in-law passed away and my wife, an only child, convinced me to let her father move in with us. They lived across the country and I'd only met them a few times, but I think she felt guilty. He really doesn't know how to do any housework, so without his wife I don't think he could live alone.

Anyway, my son's black friend came over to our house about a month ago when his grandfather was watching him and apparently told him to get the gently caress out the house and told my son to make sure his friend never came back here. I learned about this at dinner that night when my FIL said, Jason tried to let a little friend of the family in earlier. I was pretty shocked and asked him not to use that language. I didn't realize how serious it was though until my son came up to me later and apologized for trying to let his friend come over. I immediately told him it was fine and that it didn't matter what race someone was and that doesn't determine if you're a good or bad person, etc. Then after he went to bed, I went to his grandfather and told him that he wouldn't be welcome here if he continued racist behavior around my son. He proceeded to yell at me and say that race mixing is gonna destroy this country and that he was only trying to keep my son safe and made several random, racist, basically incoherent remarks and I basically told him it wasn't something I was gonna debate and that he lived in my house and needs to follow my rules.

Last night, I was watching the news and President Obama came on and Jason said, why does that friend of the family hate us so much? I was shocked and after some questioning, I learned that for the last week or so, my FIL had been using his time with Jason after school to "educate" him about racism, how he shouldn't talk to black people, and how he was better because he was white, etc.

I was livid and told him to go to his room and proceeded to confront his grandfather, but I immediately started yelling and my wife ran into the room. After I explained the situation, she told me to wait in the kitchen while she talked to her father. She came out a little while later and told me I was overreacting, that he was from a different time, and just trying to spend time with his grandson, and how it's important for him to learn about other people's views. I tried to get her to understand, but she just got mad. Nothing was resolved and I slept on the couch. I worked late today, but I'm going home soon and I'm not sure how to handle it or what I can even do.

tl;dr: Wife is okay with her father teaching our son to be a racist.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Pick posted:

hello im a 28 year old man, the scariest thing that ever happened to me was a 22 year old girl hitting her jeep with a book. stay safe america.

You suck.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
gently caress that Father in law. drat.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Racist FIL

Depending where he lives this is a slam dunk divorce and child custody deal and he should probably do that if he's not throwing the lovely old man out of the house.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

Last night, I was watching the news and President Obama came on and Jason said, why does that n-word hate us so much?

yeah not buying this

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LethalGeek posted:

Depending where he lives this is a slam dunk divorce and child custody deal and he should probably do that if he's not throwing the lovely old man out of the house.

He's probably also going to have to if he does throw the old man out of the house tbh.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

yeah not buying this

Really? Of everything in this thread, this rings your bullshit alarm?

What's hard to believe, that someone talks like that or that the kid picked it up? It seems totally believable.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

loquacius posted:

Mark was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Also he used Dan as a reference when he got laid off, so :iiam:

Now let me tell you about the guy who killed chickens at work. Its even on youtube

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

WampaLord posted:

Really? Of everything in this thread, this rings your bullshit alarm?

What's hard to believe, that someone talks like that or that the kid picked it up? It seems totally believable.

I believe it. Kid probably had no clue what any of those words meant or who Obama was. Just that he loved his grandpa and his grandpa said that when that man was on TV. My niece loves spending time with her grandma and has started picking up not only some of her more creative curses, but says them with a newfie accent too any time she loses a video game. She has, however, learned to not swear at other people because that's mean and being mean hurts people's feelings. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nuebot posted:

I believe it. Kid probably had no clue what any of those words meant or who Obama was. Just that he loved his grandpa and his grandpa said that when that man was on TV. My niece loves spending time with her grandma and has started picking up not only some of her more creative curses, but says them with a newfie accent too any time she loses a video game. She has, however, learned to not swear at other people because that's mean and being mean hurts people's feelings. :shrug:

The difference is that a Newfie could go on the most hateful spiel and it would still sound quaint and charming.