Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

John Murdoch posted:

Something something heart enclosed in a titan safe something something tsundere.

Hoxton and Dragan are the tsundere characters.

edit vvvvvv : John Wick's the mysterious loner perfectionist. A lot of accuracy and speed challenges on his dates.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

As if John wick isn't, you Baka.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
payday 2: date the cops

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
<Insert your favorite double entenderé about the drill breaking here>

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Bonnie's talk about being gentle at a game of cards suddenly got a lot darker.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
bonnie's bathroom safehouse lines are p good

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Is a harem ending a possibility since you usually go out as a gang of four?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Laputanmachine posted:

Is a harem ending a possibility since you usually go out as a gang of four?

There's a whole collection of harem endings, since you can max affection from every heister to every other heister and several NPCs. The Paydate Secret Ending (It turns out the Secret was Love all along, guys) requires maxing all of them. Also there's no nudity and only sexual innuendo in paydate the heist.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I hate you Vox.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Discendo Vox posted:

Also there's no nudity and only sexual innuendo in paydate the heist.

Until you visit Nexusmods for Payday

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
After I have maxed out a heister's section of the safehouse can I take them out for dates or do I need to rank up their affection like Harvest Moon and give them an egg every day? On an unrelated note, how many times do I need to melee before my Kunai ranks up to gold?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
After you reach level 100, do you still gain exp? So you can unlock the perk decks? Or do you have to do the infamy stuff to keep gaining exp?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

shut up blegum posted:

After you reach level 100, do you still gain exp? So you can unlock the perk decks? Or do you have to do the infamy stuff to keep gaining exp?

You'll still earn points towards your perk decks at level 100 but as always, it's recommended to get up to at least infamy 5 to unlock the extra skill points.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, I know. But I just have all the skills and guns I want, so I don't want to lose all that stuff just so I can hold a playing card :v:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
You only lose all your usable money and 200 million offshore. Guns and perk decks stay. Buy a bunch of expensive guns before infamying and after that, sell them and you don't even really lose money.

Skill levels are really easy and quick to get back if you do dw/1d stealth and some ovk loud stuff.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

You also get special masks, and it doesn't cost money past infamy V.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah, I know. But I just have all the skills and guns I want, so I don't want to lose all that stuff just so I can hold a playing card :v:
What Laputanmachine and Plan Z said - just buy gun slots and fill them with guns, then infamy - you lose exactly 200k Offshore and ALL of your spending cash. Sell the guns you bought to get some spending cash back. Buy Overkill Four Stores and stealth it using an ECM to get the ATM in 7-11.... you get 20+ levels, then do the Ukrainian Job for another 10+ levels. If you like Stealthing do more stealth, your preference, or just put a basic AR or Shotty build together and do some loud Overkill heists and you will be back up to level 60+ in less than an hour.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 25, 2016

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But isn't the ATM gone?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It is on higher difficulties.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

oohhboy posted:

But isn't the ATM gone?
It is there on Overkill, which is why I specified doing it on Overkill.

I once did it on DW by accident and had to veeeeery carefully open the lock to the safe that was luckily in the 7-11 and between that and the cash drawers I managed to stealth it anyway, but it can be done in like 3 minutes on OVK with ECM on the ATM.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

You're going to want to infamy to V at the very least, the tier reductions massively increase your skill flexibility.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Fine, I'll infamy tonight! :argh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shut up blegum posted:

If I was around I would help you through a few heists to get you started since it makes it massively easier when another goon buys the heist and helps you through it. chairface and others have helped me plenty :smith:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
SPOOKY ACHIEVEMENTS HAVE HIT and there is six of them. Just the size for a new heist and hopefully one that is adequately thematic.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 25, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

And if you swing in tonight, you'll probably end the evening at like level 80 again.

(Most of the infamy levels include a +xp bonus so the further up you go, the faster it is.)

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Crabtree posted:

SPOOKY ACHIEVEMENTS HAVE HIT and there is six of them. Just the size for a new heist and hopefully one that is adequately thematic.
Three for difficulty, one for the safe event, one for the gimmick run and one for luck?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If its No Mercy one's probably complete it in stealth, possibly on a certain difficulty setting.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Regarding infamy, it's important to remember that levels 1-85 constitute half of the required XP to hit 100. 86-100 constitutes the other half. Roughly.

This is important just because it points out how quickly you become competent again after an infamy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Plus you still get a few extra points for hitting five still and they are always valuable to have on 1D.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Crabtree posted:

Plus you still get a few extra points for hitting five still and they are always valuable to have on 1D.

the majority of 1D builds I've made, seen, or would otherwise consider viable basically require infamy in at least two trees, so, yeah. I'm sure you can make something work without it but you'll be real sad about that one key skill you can't afford.

Coolguye posted:

Regarding infamy, it's important to remember that levels 1-85 constitute half of the required XP to hit 100. 86-100 constitutes the other half. Roughly.

This is important just because it points out how quickly you become competent again after an infamy.

It is also important to note that for each infamy you do, you get an infamy XP boost, and it stacks - so each one is faster and faster. It basically stops being a slog and starts being a thing you do every few heists. If they ever do infamy 3.0 it's going to be silly - it's ~23 million to go from 0-100 or something like that? - and you can clear multiple millions in a single heist without trying hard at all when you're i-25. My hope is that they add enough infamies such that your bonuses will let you go from 0-100 in a single 1D jewelry store. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 25, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also I hate to give you convulsions Psion, but with how Jules and Overkill still listen to Reddit whining, what are the chances that if a potential infamy 3.0 hit that they add more potential extra skill points depending on how high you climb in order to make more people be able to survive 1D? Say maybe an extra 4-5 total between every 25th on the way from infamy 1 to 100 for like extra 8 points I think we'd be at?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

What are the good skill builds/weapons for 1D?

This is what I'm coming up with for builds:

MasterForcer (with anarchist):
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfIJKlopr:eGHijL:toqr:gjlOqr:fHL:ibcdea:pA8:::
FugiMind:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABEfIJKl:eFLR:toqr:ggJKLnOPr:fHL:ibcdea:pa8R8:::
TechForcer (with anarchist)
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mr:eGhILMNoR:tMNoR:gjl:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pa8R8:::

Weapons:
Primary: m308, KSP, Akimbo MP5 (for dodge builds)
Secondary: RPG-7, China Puff, UMP (for Dodge Builds), HE Pistol Crossbow (for Dodge Builds).
Throwable: Flashbangs

How dumb is any/all of this?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Drewjitsu posted:

What are the good skill builds/weapons for 1D?

This is what I'm coming up with for builds:

MasterForcer (with anarchist):
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mACEfIJKlopr:eGHijL:toqr:gjlOqr:fHL:ibcdea:pA8:::
FugiMind:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABEfIJKl:eFLR:toqr:ggJKLnOPr:fHL:ibcdea:pa8R8:::
TechForcer (with anarchist)
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mr:eGhILMNoR:tMNoR:gjl:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pa8R8:::

Weapons:
Primary: m308, KSP, Akimbo MP5 (for dodge builds)
Secondary: RPG-7, China Puff, UMP (for Dodge Builds), HE Pistol Crossbow (for Dodge Builds).
Throwable: Flashbangs

How dumb is any/all of this?

Mostly fine. I wouldn't gently caress with hostage skills or Fully Loaded.

I wouldn't advise taking a non-explosive secondary, either. Wiping out clumps of cops or Shields is really valuable.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Mostly fine. I wouldn't gently caress with hostage skills or Fully Loaded.

I wouldn't advise taking a non-explosive secondary, either. Wiping out clumps of cops or Shields is really valuable.

Dominating a cop is mostly a pipe dream? Even if they turn out to be basically invincible (from what I understand)?

And dodge builds are currently preferred, because armor is basically a joke, even if you are going to max it out + armorer/anarchist, correct?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Drewjitsu posted:

Dominating a cop is mostly a pipe dream? Even if they turn out to be basically invincible (from what I understand)?

They're no longer invincible. Last I heard, skills actually made them weaker. Might have been fixed.

It's just generally not worth it, IMO.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
skills do make them stronger appropriately now, but the horrifying damage that flies around in 1D makes them irrelevant regardless.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol just did infamy and now I'm waiting for all the unlocks after 1 Ukrainian job. Like 30 levels worth of unlocks after 1 heist.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

shut up blegum posted:

Lol just did infamy and now I'm waiting for all the unlocks after 1 Ukrainian job. Like 30 levels worth of unlocks after 1 heist.

best part of infamy right there. :hfive:

Crabtree posted:

Also I hate to give you convulsions Psion, but with how Jules and Overkill still listen to Reddit whining, what are the chances that if a potential infamy 3.0 hit that they add more potential extra skill points depending on how high you climb in order to make more people be able to survive 1D? Say maybe an extra 4-5 total between every 25th on the way from infamy 1 to 100 for like extra 8 points I think we'd be at?

More skillpoints could be an approach to soften 1D, but it'd also soften every other difficulty. I'd rather see them back down from effectively locking you into very specific skillsets so you had more of your current 120 to allocate outside of essentials rather than giving you 128. Change the flat damage of Zeal enemies, redo the headshot and health multipliers to be less absurd, stop spawning 10 shields at all times - there's any number of things they could do to soften 1D and/or reduce the stark gap between Overkill and Mayhem that aren't just throwing more skills at you. Personally I think that second one - reducing that gap - is more important, really.

There are other non-HP/non-flat-damage ways to toughen up higher difficulties that may be worth looking into to keep 1D as a tough challenge, but those have to come second.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 25, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psion posted:

More skillpoints could be an approach to soften 1D, but it'd also soften every other difficulty. I'd rather see them back down from effectively locking you into very specific skillsets so you had more of your current 120 to allocate outside of essentials rather than giving you 128. Change the flat damage of Zeal enemies, redo the headshot and health multipliers to be less absurd, stop spawning 10 shields at all times - there's any number of things they could do to soften 1D and/or reduce the stark gap between Overkill and Mayhem that aren't just throwing more skills at you. Personally I think that second one - reducing that gap - is more important, but I wouldn't say no to 1D being tough but fair as opposed to tough but stupid.

And, if needed, there are other ways to toughen up higher difficulties that may be worth looking into to keep 1D as a tough challenge, but those have to come second, not first.
Have they done anything about Mayhem being about 97.5% as hard as Deathwish, yet? I havent been able to play at all the past week and a half and I dont think I mind one bit because it sounds like everything is hosed up. I did one Safehouse raid with chairface on Overkill and we handled it just fine, and it seems like they made the AI do a tangible amount of damage now, but the increased numbers and reduced effectiveness of HE still made it slightly more challenging than it was pre-changes.

Once I get back into the swing of things I would like to try to up my game and play something harder than Overkill, but when I tried Mayhem it was stupid and broken (shields needing 4 headshots to down with a Slug Judge, regular cops taking half a clip to the face before they die, ect).

edit: I have been trying to keep up with the thread but reading between the deathvox comedy posts and the OD theorycrafting I have not been able to piece together the state of the game otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, you might've missed it but shields have 75% DR against snipers and slugs - yes, the two things which penetrate them - and with the new huge shield HP pools, it really makes things bad. The DR isn't new, but interacting with 4x the HP sure is. Bring HE, not slugs.

If you aren't bringing frenzy/berserker or crits to Mayhem and up, you're gonna have a hell of a rough time. Shotguns almost require Overkill (the skill), pistols really need trigger happy, autos need body expertise, etc. Sorry, that's how it is :\