Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Definitly beats the 24/7 - canyon/manifold rotation

I'd love a canyon/hpv rotation. Seems like the time/tire I play is always frozen/polar with jump snipers everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

I'd love a canyon/hpv rotation. Seems like the time/tire I play is always frozen/polar with jump snipers everywhere.

I dont mind it for a few times, but last night i had 3 manifolds in a row, then 2 canyons, then manifold again.
While working up a x7 multiplier for my last therma achievement...

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Hpg and canyon are liked because you dont have to walk a long way to fight plus they are ok designs with good cover. Why the gently caress do all the maps need to be so huge? I've enough delay already waiting for mechbay to load, and people to vote and connect. Walking for 4 minutes not seeing any hostiles is boring. God forbid they Nascar'd the other side.

I played a polar highlands domination game recently where one locust capped out the circle before any mech saw anybody else.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
How dumb am I for liking new Frozen City? There are parts of old FC I miss, like the Tunnel of Love, and the city block fighting, but new FC dispenses with the bullshit dropship centerpiece, which is unambiguously good imo.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

vorebane posted:

How dumb am I for liking new Frozen City? There are parts of old FC I miss, like the Tunnel of Love, and the city block fighting, but new FC dispenses with the bullshit dropship centerpiece, which is unambiguously good imo.

Id still like it more if it was less frozen and more city.

God loving dammit i want just one single proper cityfight map in a game thats about robots fighting in cities 90% of the time (source: 3 books ive read 20 years ago and a trailer to a never released game)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'd be happiest if they replaced Alpine with old Frozen City and kept new frozen city.

gently caress Alpine.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
So are we ever going to get new maps, or is the plan to just keep loving with the old ones?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Plek posted:

So are we ever going to get new maps, or is the plan to just keep loving with the old ones?

Guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Plek posted:

Hey we got that completely new map, Grim something or other. One brand new map every two or three years!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

vorebane posted:

There are parts of it that are good but, pubbies bring out the terrible in that map when they decide to try to play peek'n'poke at 1500m for 15 minutes.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Comparing the two Warhansa models I've finished to some Iron Winds Metals.

Conclusion:

Warhansa Fatlas Good. It'd make a nice centerpiece model for an army, it's huge without being too big to be usable. I never liked the IWM Atlas though, so this is a nice replacement.

Warhansa Stubwolf Good Quality. But the PGI redesign of the Timberwolf is kinda formless poo poo from the side and back, and it doesn't have a very recognizable profile. I prefer the Iron Winds Metals Timberwolf to PGI's stubby redesign.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You weren't kidding about the Atlas being huge; looks great though. How posable are they? The only downside for the Atlas seems to be that because it is modeled based on the game asset, the joints would only be meant to flex in a few specific ways.

Definitely hear you on the TBR though. There are nice things about the new model, but I hate the legs so much, especially that missing back spur. At least the print is based on the version that gets the special leg geometry with the rounded bits instead of the awful blocky one that people who buy with cbills get. Though I thought the arms on the special version looked different, but I could be wrong, I don't own one.

vorebane posted:

I dunno, I don't feel like replacing a dropship centerpiece with a 2km yawning trench centerpiece is a huge improvement. It's just like the old centerpiece except now it's only fun for snipers.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I hate the PGI Atlas, but the paintjob on yours makes it look cool.

:golfclap:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's in the Draconis Combine Sword of Light regimental colors. I was gonna put the meatball dragon on the shoulder and the sword of light symbol on the right thigh where they belong, but there just isn't a flat plane large enough for either on the PGI Atlas. It was fun to paint but it's just so busy.

I wish I had a better quality camera. My phone just doesn't quite cut it.

So yeah. I'd buy another Warhansa Atlas. I wouldn't buy another Warhansa Timberwolf.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Wound up getting the new warhorn for playing a few games; it sounds like a flatulent maple tree. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
So do I get some sort of acheivement for pissing pubbies off so badly by just optimizing lances that i got teamkilled for it?
2 games in a row no less!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

aniviron posted:

Wound up getting the new warhorn for playing a few games; it sounds like a flatulent maple tree. I can't recommend it highly enough.

How do I get this?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Azuth0667 posted:

How do I get this?

Play Terra Therma once a day for at least six days.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is that why I got a bunch of free stuff?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's in the Draconis Combine Sword of Light regimental colors. I was gonna put the meatball dragon on the shoulder and the sword of light symbol on the right thigh where they belong, but there just isn't a flat plane large enough for either on the PGI Atlas. It was fun to paint but it's just so busy.

I wish I had a better quality camera. My phone just doesn't quite cut it.

So yeah. I'd buy another Warhansa Atlas. I wouldn't buy another Warhansa Timberwolf.

I've only bought the IS offering from warhansa, so I can agree with this in regards to that stuff.
No idea about their clan stuff, but most of it looked a bit crappy compared to the IS minis.

BTW I'd recommend using some sort of a paint wash to shade your minis - it'll bring out whatever details are actually there on the sculpt itself, and it's really easy to do (if you've done it I can't see it in the picture). There's a reason that mini painters call washes "liquid skill".

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Grab bag is weak this time around, "grand prize" is a loving standing item.
Used to be a mech + bay the last few times.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

mcjomar posted:

BTW I'd recommend using some sort of a paint wash to shade your minis - it'll bring out whatever details are actually there on the sculpt itself, and it's really easy to do (if you've done it I can't see it in the picture). There's a reason that mini painters call washes "liquid skill".

I did, my phone camera's just too crappy to capture it. Something something lighting conditions (doesn't even do a good job picking out the gray shading on the skull :saddowns: )

Here's a shot with slightly better lighting conditions, where the flash wasn't going off. Nothing destroys detail like flash photography.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 26, 2016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Motherfuck, the first time the grand prize is poo poo I get it in the second bag I open :(

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I dont know whats up with them recently.

You used to get Modules for preorders, Marauder IIC got a bonus mech, now the Supernova gets 2 decals?
Grab bags used to give mechs and now a standing item?
I mean a warhorn would have been nice, or a decal since theyre new, but a loving zombie statue?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Dumb pubbies won't pick new terra therma :negative:.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I dont know whats up with them recently.

You used to get Modules for preorders, Marauder IIC got a bonus mech, now the Supernova gets 2 decals?
Grab bags used to give mechs and now a standing item?
I mean a warhorn would have been nice, or a decal since theyre new, but a loving zombie statue?

The good news is, you get free poo poo for just playing and not actually having to adjust your playstyle to qualify for poo poo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Cockpit bling is good and cool, stop complaining about getting it.

It's important to show off all your plastic trinkets to your dead team members while they spectate you.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Cockpit bling is good and cool, stop complaining about getting it.

It's important to show off all your plastic trinkets to your dead team members while they spectate you.

It is pubbies get really angry if you talk interior design with them.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Azuth0667 posted:

It is pubbies get really angry if you talk interior design with them.

I wish MW:O would take a page from SW:Galaxies. Which allowed you to freely move stuff around in your housing units.Then you'd be able to completely stuff your Mechcockpit.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Also: Colors are on sale (and Phranken camo) http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/10/1652-halloween-sale-50-select-customization

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I wish MW:O would take a page from SW:Galaxies. Which allowed you to freely move stuff around in your housing units.Then you'd be able to completely stuff your Mechcockpit.

I would like to see a mech cockpit entirely packed with teddy bears with only a small viewing slit around the crosshairs.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I'd pay 2000 MC for a cosmetic change to the gauss rifle that would replace it with the JunkIt launcher from Fallout, complete with lethal teddy bear projectiles.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/59jnru/mechwarrior_online_devs_steal_world_championship/

I know its reddit but heh, looks like the ESPORTS thing isn't working out for MechWarrior Online

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Exmond posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/59jnru/mechwarrior_online_devs_steal_world_championship/

I know its reddit but heh, looks like the ESPORTS thing isn't working out for MechWarrior Online

I name this tournament the "Helios Kerensky Open".

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Exmond posted:

Ahahahahahaha.

I'm not surprised by this in the slightest.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel this is still relevant.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Skoll posted:

I feel this is still relevant.

quote:

O the year was Two-Thousand and Twelve
(How I wish I was playing Warframe now!)
A license of IP came from Weisman
To the scummiest game-dev I've ever seen

(God drat them all!
I was told we'd cruise the Sphere for Capellan gold
We'd fire 'Mech guns, ride drop-ships
Now I'm a broken whale on my loyalty tier,
The last of Bullock's Founders!)

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"When you think of crowdfunding in esports, you generally tend to think of it as a good thing, no?"

"While these are all relatively small names and teams in the grand scheme of things in the esports world, one has to ask - what if this were a Team Liquid, a Dignitas, or a Team SoloMid who weren't being paid with their logos being sold? "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Buschmaki posted:

"When you think of crowdfunding in esports, you generally tend to think of it as a good thing, no?"

"While these are all relatively small names and teams in the grand scheme of things in the esports world, one has to ask - what if this were a Team Liquid, a Dignitas, or a Team SoloMid who weren't being paid with their logos being sold? "

I've been gaming for two decades, I have no idea who those teams are.

• Locked thread