Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

corn on the cop posted:

yeah not buying this

lol it's exactly how racists get kids to be racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

JFairfax posted:

lol it's exactly how racists get kids to be racist

i want to believe humanity is better than it really is :(

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Lol if you've never seen someone laugh along with a racist joke specifically targeted at them, especially at work where they're a bit of a captive audience and pressured to just take it and get on with the day. Maybe you just need to move out of the city or come to the Midwest or the South.

I got a haircut a few years back from an old dude in a quaint little shop in town. As soon as I was in the chair and he was cutting, he started ranting about how much he hated niggers and why they were ruining America. I kept trying to steer the conversation elsewhere and just ride it out, but he was determined to discuss the pressing issues of niggerdom with his young, white captive audience. That was an awkward twenty minutes.

Sometimes, people in line at the grocery store or whatever will say some incredibly racist poo poo to me as a conversation starter, usually about someone nearby or some recent news event, apparently expecting me to agree and continue chatting. They get kinda huffy sometimes when I imply that they just said some crazy poo poo to a stranger and I turn away. Maybe they think I'm a race traitor? If I am, I'm a-ok with that.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Okay but if my hairdresser started being racist and wouldn't shut the gently caress up I'd leave as soon as it was immediately possible and certainly wouldn't pay them because I'd rather call it out and them be mad than actually let them think that it's appropriate.different if you're at moms fancy dinner party and don't want to turn the whole evening upside down but if you can't put your foot down in public it's complacency on your part.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I know I participated here but like, can we call it at that? There are many threads for discussing racism and, other than the racist grandpa just mentioned, I think we should minimize that here.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

My family is freaking out because I made my brother get his own Netflix: When my brother went to college across the country, I added him onto my Netflix and gave him all the info. At the time it was still cheap and allowed four people to use it at time. I also sent him money, gift cards, bought him nice meals and pizza remotely and listened to him complain about how much he hated the beautiful, tropical destination vacation spot his college was located in. Our parents supported him fully; rent, phone, car, insurance, grocery money, etc. This was not something offered to me, as I am the “black sheep” of the family, but I digress. After three years away, my brother came home and immediately landed his dream job. He is back home living at my parents and has no bills other than his still-deferred student loans. He brags about having cash on Facebook and suddenly can afford a loan for a brand new truck and a motorcycle. When he asked me for the Netflix info again I explained they raised the price and only allowed two screens at a time. I have a husband and a child. We can’t afford cable. We have bills and rent to pay for and I have a lot of medical bills. No one has ever given me any financial assistance. Rather than paying for additional screens for him, I told my brother he was a big boy now and could afford his own Netflix or just use the free internet and cable at my parents. He now won’t speak to me and my parents have flipped out on me because I don’t understand “his” struggles. I think they’re babying him but everyone is so angry I keep wondering if I’m actually wrong. Thoughts?

To interrupt racist chat, here's netflix ruining another family. While the little brother and parents are being whiny little pains, there's so much seething resentment in the undercurrent of this message that I can't help but think there might be another side to this story.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

Me [32 F] with my fiancé [29 M] 8 years, he won't clean at all and I'm at my breaking point.

Hi /r/relationships. So myself and Adam (not his real name) have been together for about eight years (our anniversary is this week). We got engaged this summer after we both finished college and found work in our respective fields. The wedding date is set for October of next year. I love him desperately; we have tons in common and I find myself falling in love with him a little more every day. We're able to talk through all our other problems, and we've been through a lot- two cross-country moves, school for both of us, and a long bout of unemployment (his). We can at least tolerate each other's family. This is our only major issue.

I've known Adam was a slob since we met. He has a number of habits that would disgust people- he throws trash wherever it lands while he's cooking (including the sink), spills things (even a lot of something) and doesn't clean it up at all (even if it's a safety issue- he's tripped and fallen on his own spills). I am also convinced he has never cleaned a stove, toilet, or shower in his life. At first it didn't bother me much- we didn't live together for the first two years we were together, and his tightly wound roommate kept him in line. Then we moved in together, at the same time as our first cross country move, and it all went to hell.

You see, Adam loves to cook. And he comes up with some terrific food. But he has no notion of mise en place, and he just throws stuff EVERYWHERE. And then he sits down to eat…and play DoTA. And that’s it. We share the cooking duties, but I clean up after myself when I do the cooking- and I often have to spend an hour or more cleaning up his last dinner so I can start cooking tonight’s dinner.

It starts when he comes home. He leaves a trail of clothes back to the bedroom, where he puts on his evening clothes (he has to wear a suit to work). He may “do laundry” – which consists of him putting the clothes in the washer, then the dryer. He refuses to wash my clothes because he “doesn’t want to mess them up” (I’m a programmer, I wear T-shirts and jeans to work. My fussy clothes I take care of myself.) I fold every bit of laundry. Often I have to nag him for a week or more just to get him to put his laundry away. I just spent a week deep cleaning our whole apartment except our bedroom and attached bath because I had family visiting. They left yesterday and my kitchen’s a wreck already. And this problem extends to other things, like our cars’ registrations and emissions stickers. I’ve also been asking him for months to open a bank account for our joint bills- nothing doing. We both work full time jobs with roughly equal pay, so it's not like that's an issue- although, while he was unemployed, he didn't clean much more than he does now.

It’s not like I’m a neat freak, I’m really not. I’m a pretty indifferent housekeeper, I just don’t want to live in filth. I want to be able to start dinner without having to clean the kitchen first. I can even deal with the other housework if he didn’t continually leave things everywhere. Is it that hard to put dishes in the dishwasher and clothes in the hamper? I sent him the article She Divorced Me Because I Left Dishes by the Sink and he said he read it but nothing changed. I tried putting up a chore chart and he was on board for about three days. He doesn’t want to pay for a maid service, and frankly I’d be embarrassed for a stranger to see our house as it often is. I can't invite friends over because I can't keep up on the house. We are planning to go to premarital counseling before the wedding, but I am open to other suggestions. It’s starting to affect other things in our relationship, particularly our sex life, and I really, really don’t want that. I believe he loves me and this is just some sort of disconnect. I have communicated to him every way I know how and I have not gotten results.

tl;dr: Fiancé simply does not care about the state of the house and I'm about to lose it. Thinking of postponing or cancelling the wedding. Help me!

women, stop settling for toddlers

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [20F] sister [12F] stole my credit card and racked up $700 of charges. WTF.

She has an issue of Keeping Up with the Joneses. Her friends have lots of cool stuff and she idolizes those beauty bloggers and YouTubers and wants the things they have. My parents are extremely wealthy but strict. They would reward us with things when we did well in school. She pulled C's this year and asked for an iPhone, and was obviously refused.

Early this year in September/October I noticed a lot of my makeup and shoes were going missing. We have the same size feet and the makeup items were popular "cult classics." I put up a camera when I went to work one evening and came back to check. Lo and behold she was taking stuff from my drawers, and sitting down at my vanity to use it.

Whatever, she's 12, she wants to use makeup. I "destashed" some items I never used and I gave her a fair amount. For her birthday my other sister and I (other sis does not live with us) chipped in for a Sephora gift card. We thought maybe then she'd stop taking my stuff.

It did stop, it looks like, because nothing has gone missing and I recorded for about a month and only saw her in my room when she went to fetch the dog, so nothing suspicious.

However lately she has been getting packages from Amazon, she's buying Sims games, and she's using a Netflix account. She stated she's been winning all of these things and despite questioning her she refused to really admit where she got all this stuff from so I dropped it.

About two weeks ago, everything on our desktop computer went missing. Looking into the system recovery files, it said that there was a system file reset (something along those lines) at 11:30 AM on a Thursday. Mom and I discovered the computer was wiped that evening. I saw my sister on the computer when I left for work.

We know she did something, but again, she refused to answer.

Then today, I got my Mastercard bill. It was absurdly high. I paid $78 for a yoga pass and then $10 for something from eBay. At first I thought my card info had been stolen.

But the purchases all match up with stuff she has. Origin Canada. Netflix. Amazon, Amazon, Amazon. One eBay purchase. All online purchases. $700~ worth.

I have no idea what the gently caress to do. My parents are again, super strict. Obviously I have to tell them but they are going to lose it on her. But I'm beginning to think she has a serious loving problem.

I have the money to pay down this card but I don't want to. I want to recoup the losses. But how can I get a refund on something like Netflix? I can't.

I've already called to cancel the card.

I don't know what steps to take next.

TL;DR: Sister was caught stealing real things from me and I tried to help it; now she has stolen my CC info and I have a massive bill. I don't think it's just a problem with wants.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

corn on the cop posted:

women, stop settling for toddlers
Food in the sink is my personal breaking point.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gaunab posted:

Whatever, she's 12, she wants to use makeup. I "destashed" some items I never used and I gave her a fair amount. For her birthday my other sister and I (other sis does not live with us) chipped in for a Sephora gift card. We thought maybe then she'd stop taking my stuff.

It did stop, it looks like, because nothing has gone missing and I recorded for about a month and only saw her in my room when she went to fetch the dog, so nothing suspicious.

However lately she has been getting packages from Amazon, she's buying Sims games, and she's using a Netflix account. She stated she's been winning all of these things and despite questioning her she refused to really admit where she got all this stuff from so I dropped it.
Wait, she spied on her own room for an entire month? :stare:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I have a 17 year old kid that responds better to criticism about filth (aka marginally at best) than that manchild, and even she drives me crazy the difference being that she is a child

Also it she used my card to spent $700 I would absolutely lose it at her. Tell the parents, big sis.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Engaged people really need to see how their partner lives before they get married and be realistic about how much one person is going to change about it before making a long term commitment. Because I doubt most people that are slobs are going to do a total 180 about it, even through ~luv~

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Engaged people really need to see how their partner lives before they get married and be realistic about how much one person is going to change about it before making a long term commitment. Because I doubt most people that are slobs are going to do a total 180 about it, even through ~luv~

I disagree because if people broke up over fundamental incompatibility I wouldn't have anything to laugh at on the internet

Seriously, how miserable is being single to these people that they'd rather chain themselves to toddlers and abusers than chill at home alone and hit up tinder for the occasional thrill

Like, you aren't going to find true love if you marry the man-toddler, at least being single keeps hope alive

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
I feel like this might belong here?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Defiance posted:

I feel like this might belong here?

you upvoted that comment

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
I appreciate the man's honesty and inclusiveness as a woke liberal ally.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Carrion Luggage posted:

you upvoted that comment

Please don't kinkshame.

Fake Edit: Jesus, kinkshame is in my phone's dictionary! I think I need a break from the internet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mordja posted:

Wait, she spied on her own room for an entire month? :stare:

Once the camera is up it's not much trouble. Probably had it set to be motion activated, so there would only be a couple minutes of footage per day.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
It crazy how easy that tech is now. I have a friend who has a camera that is motion activated outside her house and if it goes off, she gets a notification to her phone.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Shows what I know. In my mind's eye, I had a notion of this girl coming home from work, locking herself into her room, and poring over hours of sped up footage, everyday, without fail.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [34F] mom [60 F] thinks my cousin [37F] is a better parent than I am even though her toddler recently got out of the house and she didn't notice for almost an hour.

I have one child [2F]. My cousin, "Roseann," has two children [6F and not quite 3M].

My mother constantly criticizes my parenting. She complains that I don't spend enough time with my daughter, that my house is too messy, and that our extremely gentle Labrador is too aggressive, and on and on and on. None of these things are true, BTW. I finally got tired of it and told her to knock it off, but she didn't. I have since limited the time we spend with her, but the criticism is still an issue.

Roseann is a stay-at-home mom. She's the smug mom everybody hates, who constantly brags about how she makes her kids clothing from organic ethically-sourced cotton and has never given them sugar and only lets them watch TV (an educational program, of course) once a week after they've finished collecting the eggs from their free-range urban backyard chickens. She is also extremely house proud and spends what I consider to be way too much time cleaning and organizing her home and then posting about it on Facebook and Instagram.

Normally I wouldn't care what Roseann does with her time, but there was recently an extremely scary incident that made me question her priorities. She was doing what she calls her "fall cleanout" and was not paying attention to what her kids were doing. Unfortunately, she hadn't properly secured the front door and her toddler managed to get outside and start wandering around the neighborhood. About 45 minutes later a neighbor found him on the corner of their extremely busy street and took him home. Roseann hadn't even noticed the kid was gone. He could have been kidnapped or hit by a car or any number of other things during this time. The neighbor was concerned enough that she called family services and a caseworker was sent out to investigate. They basically just told Roseann not to do it again, but at least that's something.

My mother came over last week and I told her about Roseann's situation. To my surprise, she immediately started defending her, saying she was a "caring and involved mom" who kept a "lovely home" and just made a "tiny mistake." It was so ludicrous I almost couldn't believe it. She criticizes me if my child doesn't have socks on in the house, but thinks letting a 2 year old wander along busy streets for almost an hour is a tiny mistake?

Since then, I've had a really hard time being around my mom. She called me today and started carping about some small issue, like the dog licking my daughter's face the last time she came over, and I snapped "well at least (my daughter) has never been put in danger because I was so busy sorting my towels by color that I couldn't keep track of her." Then I hung up on her.

Now I don't know what to do. I'd love to go no-contact with her, but that's not possible as it would mean also going no-contact with my dad, who is a great person. (He can't drive due to dementia and there isn't any public transport that runs from my house to theirs, so to see him I have to go to their place and visit or have my mom bring him to my place.) Help?

tl;dr: Mom thinks my nut-job negligent cousin is a better mom than I am and I can't take it anymore.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Here's a fun tip. After you grow up and leave their house you don't actually have to talk to your parents anymore! Crazy I know.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm guessing the nut job cousin is a better mom, and that the OP lives in a hovel. It's just the vibe I get.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Yo, it's a loving miracle if you don't lose a kid at some point, especially if you have more than one.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
what if i want a lot of sex with sluts

reddit plz halp

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

poopnanners posted:

what if i want a lot of sex with sluts

reddit plz halp

Find a nerd with low self esteem, date them for a while, then tell them you love them but need to explore your sexuality with as many people as possible - but you don't want to break up. According to the mental gymnastics of everyone who has done this, you will instantly be drowning in rear end.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Naerasa posted:

Find a nerd with low self esteem, date them for a while, then tell them you love them but need to explore your sexuality with as many people as possible - but you don't want to break up. According to the mental gymnastics of everyone who has done this, you will instantly be drowning in rear end.

The thing is though sometimes the person who bullies their S/O into an open relationship really does get laid constantly while the S/O asks them how their date went with a big phony grin on their face, those cases just don't come up as much because they're depressing instead of funny

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Gaunab posted:

Badmom in Cincinnati

I knew a person like this, always said people were harping her about small minor details in parenting. Then going off on people for what she perceived as major crazy details.

Then she gets her kids taken away because unbeknownst to us she was getting constant visits from CPS because of the condition of their home. The final straw was when the house was condemned because of how disgusting/unsafe it was.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I [24 F] love my boyfriend [24 M]. but he doesn't want to get circumcised to appease my father. What do I do?

quote:

My boyfriend, who we'll call Will, is great. I've had a lot of partners in the past, some good, some not, but he really takes the cake. We appreciate the other, and we are good about talking through any concerns we have with one another when they arise.

I'm Jewish, and he's not. This isn't a big deal for either of us, but my father has told me that as much as he likes Will, he wishes I were dating someone Jewish and has told me that he'd feel sorry for me the rest of my life if we continued to see each other. I don't agree with this, and think that he should be happy that I love someone who loves me this much.

I don't want Will to change for me or for anyone else. Will has offered to consider conversion to appease my parents, or at least participating in the Jewish aspects of my life, but has drawn a hard line regarding circumcised. He's uncut, and wouldn't feel whole if he were to change it. (I happen to like it too) He was assaulted when he was young and it took him a long time to recreate a sense of bodily self-worth, but he doesn't want me to suffer a rift with my parents.

What should we do about my father? We just want Will to be accepted for who he is.

EDIT: CLARIFICATION! I am not looking for ways to strong-arm my boyfriend into changing for me or my father. We are looking for ways to encourage my father to accept Will as he is.

TL;DR I'm Jewish, Boyfriend isn't. Not an issue, except to Dad who wants me to be with someone Jewish. Boyfriend is willing to convert down the line, except for getting snipped. His foreskin is a part of who he is, for a couple of reasons. What are our options?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Guy[23] I'm[f/22] seeing made me promise not to let him have sex with him even if he begged for it. Red flag or just insecurities about penis size?

loquacius posted:

I've known him for about four months, and we have been spending time in a group nearly everyday. We started properly seeing each other about a month ago and he wanted for it to be official (I did too though I felt uneasy with how fast things were moving).

I don't know how relevant these may be, as a friend I found him to be very balanced and extremely sociable. He is the good guy among guys, extremely upfront and down to earth. He is in general a very happy and fulfilled person, except in the relationships department. About four/five years ago first love left him for someone else and he was absolutely crushed. From that point on, he was never in a proper relationship, only dated and had brief sexual relations.

After we got together, he told me that there will come a point where he'd want to have sex, and wanted me to promise him that when that happens I must not agree no matter how much he might seem to want it or what he might say to convince me. This supposedly has to do with how he loses interest in girls after he "bangs" them. I told him that worries me because if that is a valid concern with me then maybe the relationship isn't right to begin with. He stressed that it is based solely on his "record" and it is precisely because he is quite serious about us that he doesn't want to risk anything loving up this early.

I wasn't at that point particularly interested in pursuing the matter so we left it as that. However, at this point, I'm thinking that if he would lose interest after having sex with me, I would definitely see that as enough reason to break up with him. However, I'm wondering if this all might be tied to some of his other insecurities. I say this because:

He once told us about how his younger brother had at some point been teased in school after some boys overheard the nurses telling him he has a smaller than average penis. I remember the point of the story being that it stirred up his protective instincts and made him visit the bullies at school and give them a firm warning. The bunch of us listening to this story were pretty amused because he had told it in a very animated way. I was too, which led him to ask, "what are you thinking that I also have a small penis?". I'm pretty sure i did not make that inference, or if i did i didn't think much of it since he was just a friend at that point. But the fact that he had to mention it combined with this no-sex promise is making me wonder if he is insecure about his penis size.

After we got together, there were a few times in the middle of making out when he'd say, "ugh got a semi-boner". Initially he'd tell me not to look (I never found it appropriate to look in the first place seeing that we had never been in a situation where we could go any further than make out), is it normal or common for guys to tell girls not to look at their bulges? I have never been anyone who would say that but I haven't been with that many guys.

I realise this is getting very verbose so I'll wrap up with a few more examples. he once summarised how he used to have casual sexual relations with girls by saying, "i finger-hosed all these girls...". He wasn't so much boasting as he was trying to alert me to how he used to have casual sex, but who says "finger-gently caress"? also he told me he's circumcised and casually said, "probably took a few inches off..".

I understand that I might be overanalysing and maybe too eager to back up this intuition that he is insecure about his size. I think it has to do with my unwillingness to accept the alternative explanation/his explanation at face value. I like him a lot and he has all these qualities i really dig, but if he is someone who would lose interest in me after we have sex then that'd be a huge dealbreaker. if however, he is just insecure about his size, and I don't mind his size, then it wouldn't be a problem. we haven't been together for long and i'd very much like to know if this is relationship is worth pursuing before it gets more serious.

Two questions: 1) Is it possible he wants sex off the tables because he is insecure about the size of his penis, or is it more likely that he does not like me enough to know he would still stick around after sex? 2) Any suggestions about how I should go about talking to him about it?

Also, I apologise if this sounds too trivial to be on here. I would try talking to him about it but we are in the middle of finals and we are both extremely busy studying.

TL;DR: Just got with someone who seems unwilling to have sex with me, supposedly because he does not want to risk losing interest in me. I don't quite want to be convinced of that because that'd mean I shouldn't be with him. Please tell me he has a small penis.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Boyfriend won't chop off his dick for my dad? What do?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

After we got together, there were a few times in the middle of making out when he'd say, "ugh got a semi-boner". Initially he'd tell me not to look (I never found it appropriate to look in the first place seeing that we had never been in a situation where we could go any further than make out), is it normal or common for guys to tell girls not to look at their bulges? I have never been anyone who would say that but I haven't been with that many guys.

:laffo:

"ugh got a semi-boner" needs to be a thread title or someone's username, ASAP.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I [24 F] love my boyfriend [24 M]. but he doesn't want to get circumcised to appease my father. What do I do?

couldn't you just lie and be like 'yeah he totally got it done'; what's the dad gonna do, make the boyfriend show him his dong??

e: what stopped her from being like 'he's already circumcised' because I don't think it's exclusive to jewish people?

snoo fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 25, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The Snoo posted:

couldn't you just lie and be like 'yeah he totally got it done'; what's the dad gonna do, make the boyfriend show him his dong??
Probably ask the name of the mohel?

The Snoo posted:

e: what stopped her from being like 'he's already circumcised' because I don't think it's exclusive to jewish people?
what made her answer her father's questions about her boyfriend's dick in the first place?

And outside America it's pretty much just Jews and Muslims, I think?

kaschei fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 25, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Everything I've heard about adult circumcision indicates that it's a bad idea and you only want to have it done when you're a baby. Lying to the dad won't work because it's a ritual part of the conversion process. Gotta make the dad realize he's being an idiot. Most of the Jews I know are half-breeds of some description or another (notably including myself); he is being more backward in 2016 than my grandparents were in the 70s.

Jack Trades posted:

Guy[23] I'm[f/22] seeing made me promise not to let him have sex with him even if he begged for it. Red flag or just insecurities about penis size?

Excuse me but I didn't say any of this, just a number of things very similar to it :colbert:

(I really like that the TL;DR ends with "Please tell me he has a small penis". Girl knows what she wants to hear)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I found out that my [24F] bf [28M] of 3 years, told people that I was a crazy nut job who'd poison his dog and slit his tires

The reason why he decided to tell people this?

quote:

I'll keep this short. We ran into one of my bf's buddies that he hadn't seen in a bit. They do little chit chat and this guy asks "so you finally left your crazy, ex and found yourself a nice woman, btw did she end up smashing your car? "

I knew something was up so later on when we were alone, I probed until bf came clean. He wanted to break up with me 1 yr into the relationship so he started telling people that I was a crazy nut job. he told him that he was too scared too break up with me because I might slit his car tires or poison his dog to get back at him. He says he wanted to break up before but that he got over it and now loves me.

Why did he tell people that ? Well I had an elective surgery (breast reduction) that he was against. He thought it was crazy for me to consider such a surgery when everyone he knew was getting them larger. Obviously no one ever talks about the pain and complications big chests bring on so he was oblivious to it

He realized when i was in the hospital though that he loved me regardless of how small my boobs would end up being and he got really worried for my health when I didn't call him at the designated post op time.

This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't know if I can trust him or be with someone who was considering ending it with me over surgery. I don't know if Im over reacting or not ?

tl;dr: bf told his mates that I was a crazy nutcase who would slit his tires b/c I wanted breast reduction

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Me [28 M] with my Employee [28 F] of 6 Months, Am I Being a Jerk?

quote:

I have a relatively new employee working for me, and she does a relatively good job. Although she does get distracted.
This is a super small office, only three employees. When I get stressed I physically show it. I pace around the room, I shake a bit, but I get things done and I'm productive. I don't usually say anything to anyone else, I just keep at my work.
Whenever this happens, she'll make a comment like "You're making me nervous with all of that pacing" or say something like "Calm down, take deep breaths." I never respond, but this is my way of letting off the nervous energy. It happens about once every two weeks.
Her comments only egg me on. Earlier today, I was stressed and pacing and she commented on my pacing again. I told her to leave it alone, and my boss said that I wasn't being nice.
I don't want to be that way, but our office is relatively low-drama and I feel like this behavior is drama-seeking. Like maybe she get entertainment from it. We're not a very social office, but she's a very social person and sometimes tries to start conversations when I have my nose to the grindstone. I don't want to have her start commenting on it every time I stress out.
tl;dr: I blow off steam sometimes by pacing while I think. I don't like it when my employee comments on it. Was I being a jerk?

I pace manically around my small office when I am nervous and agitate/shake. My new coworker wanted me to stop acting like a Spaz so I snapped at her and my boss told me I was being a dickhead. Is she a drama-queen or what?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lockback posted:

Me [28 M] with my Employee [28 F] of 6 Months, Am I Being a Jerk?

I pace manically around my small office when I am nervous and agitate/shake. My new coworker wanted me to stop acting like a Spaz so I snapped at her and my boss told me I was being a dickhead. Is she a drama-queen or what?

How hard is it to say "this is how I relieve stress"

or alternatively, go outside to do it.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

How hard is it to say "this is how I relieve stress"

or alternatively, go outside to do it.

Ha, that was my first thought. Have a quick chat and thank her for her concern but explain this isn't something to worry about or run to reddit which contains no resolution. Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alternatively recreate that office scene from Fight Club and nobody will bother you again.