Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
On a lighter note from child abuse, Halloween is coming up in a week and I was wondering if goons would be willing to talk about past year costumes (comic related or not). Not really looking for ideas but I figure it would be cool to see what goons have dressed up as in the past. To be a good sport, I will post about the following past year costumes:

Abe Zero - Agent of S.O.L.A.R (Special Officer of Law And Rescue). Some pulp hero I made up and probably the costume I am most proud about. I think I made up a whole backstory about this as well when drunk/bored.

The Chimney Sweeper - a Batman '66 villain who got a a gritty 90's reboot who I made up as well.

Spider-Nam (based on the James Stokoe stuff)

This year the fiance and I are doing Princess Carolyn and Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman and I will be doing surfing Joker from Batman '66 for work.

What are you goons doing for Halloween this year, and what have you done in previous years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol at the walking dead tv show

People reacting is blowing up my Facebook right now. Thankfully, I've never liked Walking Dead.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

People reacting is blowing up my Facebook right now. Thankfully, I've never liked Walking Dead.

I'll bite, what happened? I stopped watching seasons ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

How could you destroy a zapper so callously

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I went as Mario one Halloween and Lestat another after I watched Queen of the Damned and briefly fell in love.

Is that you, Rhyno? You're handsome!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Something major, otherwise can't really parse it because people are reacting while trying not to spoil it for their friends. I assume somebody died, because there's a lot of "gently caress YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN"'s.

poo poo, people have been saying that here for years.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WickedHate posted:

I went as Mario one Halloween and Lestat another after I watched Queen of the Damned and briefly fell in love.

Is that you, Rhyno? You're handsome!

No shipping

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Walking dead spoiler Neegan kills Glen and Abraham

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I'm basing this off the internet and not actually watching, but...

Did you read the scene in the comic where Glenn died to a spiked baseball bat to the head?
Last season cliffhangered on that scene, and this picked up with a newer character eating it and the audience going "That's it? Eh." Then Glenn actually got it in a surprise second kill.

e: Someone tell me when the kills are on Youtube. I'll check out the gore :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 24, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wrong chat thread hoots

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

site posted:

Wrong chat thread hoots

It is wicked hate

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Don't worry, I'm like, 90% lesbian. The other 10% is for the occasional guy who looks like a girl.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

On a lighter note from child abuse, Halloween is coming up in a week and I was wondering if goons would be willing to talk about past year costumes (comic related or not). Not really looking for ideas but I figure it would be cool to see what goons have dressed up as in the past. To be a good sport, I will post about the following past year costumes:

Abe Zero - Agent of S.O.L.A.R (Special Officer of Law And Rescue). Some pulp hero I made up and probably the costume I am most proud about. I think I made up a whole backstory about this as well when drunk/bored.

The Chimney Sweeper - a Batman '66 villain who got a a gritty 90's reboot who I made up as well.

Spider-Nam (based on the James Stokoe stuff)

This year the fiance and I are doing Princess Carolyn and Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman and I will be doing surfing Joker from Batman '66 for work.

What are you goons doing for Halloween this year, and what have you done in previous years?

I'll probably recycle my Marty McFly costume from two years ago because I'm both uncreative and still have a blue jean jacket sitting deep in my closet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am pretty fat so I disagree with the handsome diagnosis.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna be Macho Man this year. I even got a box of Slim Jims I'm going to stuff into a fanny pack to pass out to drunks. And munch on while drunk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My (white) nephew is going to be Black Panther.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm going as a depressed, fat drunk. Will only have to wear a different shirt.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Snake Plissken or the Wicked Witch of the West, haven't decided yet.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Sentinel Red posted:

Snake Plissken or the Wicked Witch of the West, haven't decided yet.

Why not both

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GUYS. Jack Chick died yesterday, too. 2016 is the worst.

Here's Benito Cereno's article on him. http://comicsalliance.com/history-jack-t-chick/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Here's Benito Cereno's article on him. http://comicsalliance.com/history-jack-t-chick/

He's sleeping with the Moon Gods now.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sad. No other man has advanced the cause of atheism as much as him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

joehonkie posted:

Why not both

Wicked snake of west village

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I'm gonna be the green one. Yes, really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Did you lose your Luigi hat? And is supposed to rain tonight??"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, no, I'm Bubby from hit game Rainbow Islands.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I just wanted something that would let me wear comfortable clothes to work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I spent the last hour reading tributes to Steve Dillon from around the industry and I'm currently crying like a baby.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Did you see the one where 2000AD lost a bunch of Dredd pages he did just before going to print and he redrew the entire lot from memory in double quick time? Or the one where he hung out at a comic shop all day and just did free sketches for whoever wanted one? And by all accounts, he sounded like a lovely, lovely guy.

Apparently it was a goddamn ruptured appendix of all things. Just awful.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

He's sleeping with the Moon Gods now.

He's ascended to the 8th level where he will learn the real power.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Sentinel Red posted:

Did you see the one where 2000AD lost a bunch of Dredd pages he did just before going to print and he redrew the entire lot from memory in double quick time? Or the one where he hung out at a comic shop all day and just did free sketches for whoever wanted one? And by all accounts, he sounded like a lovely, lovely guy.

Apparently it was a goddamn ruptured appendix of all things. Just awful.

His Dredd stuff is so good. Like the storyline where the good Judge fights a bunch of werewolves.

I dunno what it is about werewolves but it's great to see people become or fight them in comics. Cap, Judge Dredd, Spider-Man...

Endless Mike posted:

Sheri S. Tepper died too, but she was actually a good person. Someone needs to do a comics adaption of Grass, Beauty or The True Game.

I'd generally like to see more classic fantasy and sci-fi adaption comics, last one I read that I can think of was that really good one of Jack Vance's Moon Moth. Or the beautiful recent French Elric comics

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 25, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm kinda skeeved that people are openly celebrating Jack Chick's death on social media to the level where he's a Hussein/Osama or even a Phelps or Limbaugh. Dude was a lovely homophobic racist idiot that literally everyone but him regarded as a laughingstock, whose life's work is regarded as ironically "good"/spawned a wave of socially satirical parodies. He was a dumb weird old man who nobody took seriously, and there's this whole contingent of people gleefully celebrating his death as if he caused any real harm whatsoever.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 25, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What did Michael Phelps ever do to you?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I'm kinda skeeved that people are openly celebrating Jack Chick's death on social media to the level where he's a Hussein/Osama or even a Phelps or Limbaugh. Dude was a lovely homophobic racist idiot that literally everyone but him regarded as a laughingstock, whose life's work is regarded as ironically "good"/spawned a wave of socially satirical parodies. He was a dumb weird old man who nobody took seriously, and there's this whole contingent of people gleefully celebrating his death as if he caused any real harm whatsoever.

If even one gay child read a chick tract and thought they were going to hell because of it, the guy was a monster.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Except he did do harm by spreading his hateful bigotry. Those stupid little comics justified hate in the minds of countless assholes, and I'm glad he's dead. This isn't a "throw a party" death like Scalia was, but it's still a good thing for society.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Was sad to see Steve Dillon died this weekend, always a huge fan. Didn't realize how he died until I read this thread, it shook me as I've been having abdominal pain the last few days I wrote off to pulling a muscle. Got freaked out by the news and went to the hospital to be sure. Now I'm in a bed scheduled to have my appendix removed after it ruptured last week.

Thanks Steve.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tato posted:

Was sad to see Steve Dillon died this weekend, always a huge fan. Didn't realize how he died until I read this thread, it shook me as I've been having abdominal pain the last few days I wrote off to pulling a muscle. Got freaked out by the news and went to the hospital to be sure. Now I'm in a bed scheduled to have my appendix removed after it ruptured last week.

Thanks Steve.

Jesus. I'm glad you got there in time at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Thanks Steve.

:aaaaa:

Welp, glad you went in!

• Locked thread